PDA

View Full Version : Any controller settings floating about yet +tunes

malcster
22-09-2017, 17:35
Not loaded the game yet I'm sat at work itching to get home and play

I had to set the controller up for deadzone etc and there was a general setup for a base setting for project cars 1 is something available yet for 2

Also the same with the tunes there was a dedicated website with vehicle tunes from the community are these live yet

bluesky0870
22-09-2017, 18:32
Not loaded the game yet I'm sat at work itching to get home and play

I had to set the controller up for deadzone etc and there was a general setup for a base setting for project cars 1 is something available yet for 2

Also the same with the tunes there was a dedicated website with vehicle tunes from the community are these live yet

I'll give you mine. Hopefully they fit to you too.

Configuration ( I only write down the values)
0 45 0 15 0 20 10 25 95 100 76 100

These settings work fine for me in GT4, GT3, Lotus 78, Mitsubishi Evo, Sierra Cosworth.
The settings make the cars less twitchy.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 12:18
Try these setting on controller config. the damper saturation and controller damping play the biggest part. steering, throttle and brake sensitivity at 50 is like being at zero or 1 : 1 on contoller, so if you knock it down to lets say 40 this is equivalent to minus 10 and if you put to 60 its like +10. This setup allows for quick response and forgiving opposite lock

steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 30
throttle deadzone 0
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 0
brake sensitivity 50
clutch N/a
speed sensitivity 95
damper saturation 75
controller damping 25

malcster
26-09-2017, 13:11
We should have a sticky ???

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 13:53
https://youtu.be/578VLQXPnAs

I made a couple of minor tweaks to these to suit my taste, but this should get you something pretty usable. The default settings feel "just ok", but my biggest issue was the brakes locking up almost instantly with every car. Dropping the brake saturation (think that's the term, I don't remember) as recommended in this video helped a lot.

As for setups, the old database site for pcars1 (projectcarssetups.eu) hasn't been updated yet, and from the sounds of things, likely won't be:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?32940-A-new-home-for-all-your-setups&p=1362755&viewfull=1#post1362755

Hopefully someone else can take the initiative and put something together. It sounds like a spreadsheet/calculator type of document is being worked on, so there's hope we'll at least get something like that before too long.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 14:09
Sorry Trippul G i just watched your video and you are mistaken the damper saturation has a major effect on controller settings. Put your controller damping down to zero then move damper saturation, you will see what effect this has on controller:cool:

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 14:46
^Ok, first of all, it's not "my" video. It's just a video that I came across which I happened to find useful and wanted to share here, in the hopes that others may find it useful as well.

Please don't presume to tell me that what I find comfortable and useful is wrong. If you disagree and don't like these settings, don't use them. Simple as that.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 14:56
woow chill no need for that. I didn't make any judgement about your set up was just pointing out the information about damper saturation on the video was not correct and how to see why it wasn't correct. I just wrongly thought it was your video. :( sorry was only trying to help like everyone else..

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 15:02
Ok, fair enough. Apologies for misinterpreting your words, then. No harm, no foul. :cool:

OddTimer
26-09-2017, 15:05
Is it me the only person who cares about the vibration? I mean, default is ok, with a few tweaks you can make it even better. However, rumble is very poor, in fact, there is no vibration feedback on steering at all. This makes cars feel very numb. I am on both pc and Xbox...on the pc, I will have a look at game folders to see if the ini file can be edited, fingers crossed. I thought that triggers feedback would be present in PC2 as they were in PC1.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 15:06
No probs Trippul G :D anyway give the settings a go you might be surprised at the effect..

Gooseone
26-09-2017, 16:22
Try these setting on controller config. the damper saturation and controller damping play the biggest part. steering, throttle and brake sensitivity at 50 is like being at zero or 1 : 1 on contoller, so if you knock it down to lets say 40 this is equivalent to minus 10 and if you put to 60 its like +10. This setup allows for quick response and forgiving opposite lock

steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
throttle deadzone 0
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 0
brake sensitivity 50
clutch N/a
speed sensitivity 95
damper saturation 75
controller damping 0

Driving with those settings would really make my hands cramp up, it's probably the speed sensitivity which keeps things drivable.
Also I don't think damper saturation does anything when you use controller dampening, personally I wouldn't drive without dampening.

Anyway, here are my settings and a short explanation from another thread:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52168-Controller-settings-for-XBox-One&p=1362300&viewfull=1#post1362300

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 17:50
Hi Gooseone, thanks for the reply. Whist i am not going to disagree with your comments, i would like to debate a few if possible. I believe the damper saturation has huge effect. If you put damper saturation on zero along with controller damping, it is far to responsive to use, but if you start to increase damper saturation it adds weight and slows down the response and balances it out. So 75 on damper saturation for me gives the wheel feel on the controller a good weight with quick response. If its slighty to responsive i just notch up controller damping by small amounts to soften. Try it, im not going daft i don't think. I will say though if you use a lot of controller damping you don't notice the effect of damper saturation. Regards

Gooseone
26-09-2017, 19:03
Not to downplay your observations or anything but I don't have any inclination to turn down the controller dampening too much,
I won't be driving like that anyway and I don't feel like testing settings out I won't use.

If you want to get a more clear idea what your steering is doing, you can set the speed sensitivity to 25 (or 0), that way you can get a good feel for how the steering
is functioning without much aid to prevent you from giving too much input.

NeonFlux
26-09-2017, 19:54
Hi Gooseone, thanks for the reply. Whist i am not going to disagree with your comments, i would like to debate a few if possible. I believe the damper saturation has huge effect. If you put damper saturation on zero along with controller damping, it is far to responsive to use, but if you start to increase damper saturation it adds weight and slows down the response and balances it out. So 75 on damper saturation for me gives the wheel feel on the controller a good weight with quick response. If its slighty to responsive i just notch up controller damping by small amounts to soften. Try it, im not going daft i don't think. I will say though if you use a lot of controller damping you don't notice the effect of damper saturation. Regards

I moved my damper saturatipn from 100 to 75 this afternoon after reading your post. It seems to have made a huge difference for me.... for the better. The car is gliding round turns now. Set to 100 i was finding it difficult to be smooth.

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 21:46
fyi guys, setting the steering deadzone to "0" for controllers makes the car wander when you are not touching the analog stick at all, leave it at the default "7" for no issues.

AstroSmurf
27-09-2017, 09:25
I moved my damper saturatipn from 100 to 75 this afternoon after reading your post. It seems to have made a huge difference for me.... for the better. The car is gliding round turns now. Set to 100 i was finding it difficult to be smooth.

Yea its seems to be the perfect setting for me. Increasing damper saturation makes the steering feel heavy, especially when using opposite lock. I have found that the setting i was using is a little to responsive for faster steering cars such as FA class. It is better for slower cars like TC1. So after tweeking settings again, i lowered steering sensitivity to around 30 and increased controller damping to around 40. This was much better. I can't seem to find a good set up for all cars, some need more input some need less, and some people are saying there are bugs affecting cars when using in different modes ie time trial , career etc not sure though. Trying to suss out a global setting for all cars. Spending to many hours on settings and not enough on game :confused:

malcster
27-09-2017, 09:47
I keep getting lift off oversteer particularly bad on gt3 cars Not sure if it's user input or controller settings

AstroSmurf
27-09-2017, 10:52
I keep getting lift off oversteer particularly bad on gt3 cars Not sure if it's user input or controller settings

What controller config are you using, is it default?

malcster
28-09-2017, 11:12
Currently yes if I'm honest I've had very little time on the game as my 3 year old has been in hospital for a few days after an operation hence I'm trying to get all the settings in one thread if poss so I can try a few

Should hopefully get some time on the game over the next week once we are all back home.

XFR Spike
28-09-2017, 11:59
Currently yes if I'm honest I've had very little time on the game as my 3 year old has been in hospital for a few days after an operation hence I'm trying to get all the settings in one thread if poss so I can try a few

Should hopefully get some time on the game over the next week once we are all back home.Sincerely hope the little one is OK.

For controller settings, my personal suggestion would be find what suits you best :boxing: which is easier done if starting from a stable place.

If you like to tinker, and vary car class often then maybe give this a try as a stable starting point & tweek to suit from there?

Steering Deadzone 0
Dteering Sensitivity 45
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 45
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 45
Speed Sensitivity 95
Damper Saturation 65
Controller Damping 0

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 16:41
Is it me the only person who cares about the vibration? I mean, default is ok, with a few tweaks you can make it even better. However, rumble is very poor, in fact, there is no vibration feedback on steering at all. This makes cars feel very numb. I am on both pc and Xbox...on the pc, I will have a look at game folders to see if the ini file can be edited, fingers crossed. I thought that triggers feedback would be present in PC2 as they were in PC1.

After getting settled in with the game, I've found the following: (copy/pasted from another thread)

IMO, Forza Motorsport (the ones on Xbox One, so 5, 6, and now 7) have always had very nice, very communicative feedback with a gamepad. Good to hear that that apparently hasn't been lost in translation going to PC.

PC2 I feel is a big improvement over PC1 in terms of the haptic feedback we get through the triggers (again, on XB1). However, after settling in with the game for a few days now, I'm realizing that the rest of the feedback (rumble from the road surface, in particular) feels quite numb. There's nothing there...it feels like a step backwards from PC1. I get vibration when I go over curbs, or when I shift gears, but just driving along, I get nothing...the road doesn't communicate anything with me.

*edit* I'm running with controller vibration strength set to 100, btw.

Trippul G
28-09-2017, 16:46
Also, from what someone else posted here (don't have a link handy atm), Steam is using an older api which affects the impulse triggers...the newest one is apparently held for ransom by MS, so in that regard, it's not going to feel as good using an XB1 controller on PC as it will on Xbox.