PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused...(Logitech Wheel Content)

Simontibbett
22-09-2017, 18:08
So...got the game. Horrible with the wheel. Horrible with the controller.

How can a game be released with so many people complaining with issues? How is this thing developed? You would think they tested with a variety of wheels and would load settings that feel pretty good and you can make a fine adjustment here or there. The default setting for the Logitech feels like it's from someone who has never even sat behind the wheel of a car.

So here's my problem:

-Wheel violently jerks back and forth.
-If I adjust some settings it calms down but "floats" back and forth.
-Odd dead spot mid corner that just feels weird, slow reaction to a slide despite me turning quick. Like slow motion feeling.

What settings do I need to use? I don't care if it gets better with some setting adjustments but 45 minutes in and messing with them it still feels awful. Yes I did the calibration and did it right. I've looked around and seen other threads with similar complaints.

It's frustrating...spent $100 for everything and while the car selection, tracks, graphics, etc. seem great the gameplay so far is impossible again just like PC1. I haven't even tried with weather or other cars.

JohnSchoonsBeard
22-09-2017, 19:16
So...got the game. Horrible with the wheel. Horrible with the controller.

How can a game be released with so many people complaining with issues? How is this thing developed? You would think they tested with a variety of wheels and would load settings that feel pretty good and you can make a fine adjustment here or there. The default setting for the Logitech feels like it's from someone who has never even sat behind the wheel of a car.

So here's my problem:

-Wheel violently jerks back and forth.
-If I adjust some settings it calms down but "floats" back and forth.
-Odd dead spot mid corner that just feels weird, slow reaction to a slide despite me turning quick. Like slow motion feeling.

What settings do I need to use? I don't care if it gets better with some setting adjustments but 45 minutes in and messing with them it still feels awful. Yes I did the calibration and did it right. I've looked around and seen other threads with similar complaints.

It's frustrating...spent $100 for everything and while the car selection, tracks, graphics, etc. seem great the gameplay so far is impossible again just like PC1. I haven't even tried with weather or other cars.

I'm not sure if the Patch for wheel dependent defaults made it in for ps4 and xb1 yet. Which ffb flavour are you using? I think the one to try is called Immersive for non direct drive wheels. Also a friend i spoke to this morning was having similar issues on his Logitech G29 on PS4. He was happier when he turned down either volume or gain from 100 to around 65. Try other cars maybe? The Ford GT is a good one to try. Try setting in game wheel deadzone to zero (or close)