PDA

View Full Version : Timing bug

Tonymeister
22-09-2017, 19:01
Played the game for a few hours this afternoon and decided to try a GT3 quick race, 10-minute quali. I'm in the Ferrari 488 GT3 (which feels AMAZING to drive) and was putting in good solid laps. I'm on pole by eight tenths, so feel pretty confident it won't be beaten and come into the pits with two minutes to go. While sitting in the garage, some cars start to go quicker by around 4 seconds - I know I'm not that slow, so I figure it's weird but, whatever, starting in the midfield will be fun. Then quali ends and it seems like some cars have gone much quicker - 12 seconds or so.

I qualified with a 1:44, these guys were doing 1:32s in GT3 cars. Circuit is Red Bull Ring. Get into the race and I'm clearly as quick as the others, so must be a bug.

On an unrelated note, in free practice (private session or whatever it's called now) I was putting in laps, again in the Ferrari, and in some cases beating the World Record times shown on the loading screen, but at no point did my time register on loading screens. Does it take a while for those to register, or does it have to be in specific types of session, or what?

Have to say though guys, feel of tyres is much better than PC1, especially on brake modulation and at the limit of grip. The way the tyres skip along the track and the FFB emulates that is awesome.

bluesky0870
22-09-2017, 19:07
Played the game for a few hours this afternoon and decided to try a GT3 quick race, 10-minute quali. I'm in the Ferrari 488 GT3 (which feels AMAZING to drive) and was putting in good solid laps. I'm on pole by eight tenths, so feel pretty confident it won't be beaten and come into the pits with two minutes to go. While sitting in the garage, some cars start to go quicker by around 4 seconds - I know I'm not that slow, so I figure it's weird but, whatever, starting in the midfield will be fun. Then quali ends and it seems like some cars have gone much quicker - 12 seconds or so.

I qualified with a 1:44, these guys were doing 1:32s in GT3 cars. Circuit is Red Bull Ring. Get into the race and I'm clearly as quick as the others, so must be a bug.

On an unrelated note, in free practice (private session or whatever it's called now) I was putting in laps, again in the Ferrari, and in some cases beating the World Record times shown on the loading screen, but at no point did my time register on loading screens. Does it take a while for those to register, or does it have to be in specific types of session, or what?

Have to say though guys, feel of tyres is much better than PC1, especially on brake modulation and at the limit of grip. The way the tyres skip along the track and the FFB emulates that is awesome.

I had the same at Oulton in Ginetta Junior Class. Seems to be the same old well known bug from PC1.
That's happenening every time you skip a session.

Tonymeister
22-09-2017, 19:12
I had the same at Oulton in Ginetta Junior Class. Seems to be the same old well known bug from PC1.
That's happenening every time you skip a session.

Agreed, though this time I wasn't skipping the session - simply sitting in the pits waiting for the session to end.