PDA

View Full Version : Not recognizing my T150 wheel.

MillsLayne
22-09-2017, 19:45
The game doesn't seem to be recognizing my wheel as it won't even let me select anything but my Dual Shock controller. My wheel is properly connected and I can browse through the PlayStation menus with no issue, but once I'm in the game, it doesn't work at all.

William23Heath
22-09-2017, 20:35
I’m getting the same issue with my T300 RS, I loads up and I can use it on my PlayStation but as soon as the game loads it just doesn’t respond at all but then my controller works fine

MillsLayne
22-09-2017, 20:59
Okay, glad I'm not the only one. Do you have a TH8A? Apparently, plugging that directly into the PS4 causes issues.

William23Heath
22-09-2017, 21:01
Iíve finally managed to get it to work, I have the shifter and I plugged it into the PS4 with the USB. I unplugged the shifter and it worked first time with it connected to the wheel directly instead.

MillsLayne
22-09-2017, 21:04
Okay, I'll have to try this after work. Although, I didn't know you could plug the shifter directly into the wheel. I wonder if you can with the T150.

superdry
22-09-2017, 21:08
Okay, glad I'm not the only one. Do you have a TH8A? Apparently, plugging that directly into the PS4 causes issues.

Had the same issue.

Turn off the PS4 completely (not rest mode). Make sure DS controller is off.

I plugged T150 and TH8A directly into the PS4. I then power on the PS4 on the console button, don't turn on the DS4 at all.

Press the PS button on your wheel and start the game. It should work.

If not, turn it all off again. Unplug all USB. Use the DS to start the game, do a quick race then go back to the first steps and try again.

I have played using T150 and TH8A so I know it works. Haven't tried with my USB hub but at least it ran.

(As a note, I cannot believe that as consumers in the year of 2017, we have to muck around stuff like this. Given it cost £70 on pre order, I'm not even playing it because the bugs are a joke)

MillsLayne
22-09-2017, 22:40
(As a note, I cannot believe that as consumers in the year of 2017, we have to muck around stuff like this. Given it cost £70 on pre order, I'm not even playing it because the bugs are a joke)

I was just talking with someone about how, at least with consoles, you used to be able to come home with a new game and just put it in the machine and play. That's definitely not the case anymore, not with the technology and peripherals we have today.

CodeCmdr
23-09-2017, 08:07
The very first time I launched the game, I had both my T150 and controller connected, and the game only let me choose the controller as an input device, even though I could still navigate the menus with the wheel's controls.

For me, starting the game with only the T150 connected solved the issue.

Maybe the bug only occurs when the wheel hasn't been set up by the game. Now that I've used it, the work-around doesn't seem to be necessary anymore; I can start the game with the T150 and the controller connected, and it allows me to use the T150 as an input device.

MillsLayne
23-09-2017, 23:27
I still have to disconnect the TH8A completely to get my T150 to work, which it does, but I hope a fix comes to where I can use my shifter. I prefer it to the paddles.

GTsimms
23-09-2017, 23:37
Sometimes, you will need to go to control scheme and reset to defaults!