PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the car to stay straight (controller)

EightBelles37
22-09-2017, 20:37
Is anyone else having trouble keeping cars to drive in a straight line? I am using a controller and at high speeds the car will begin to veer left or right in a really unnatural manner. I have tried changing the the controller settings as well as some tuning but the problem remains.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

(UPDATE) I have found that this does not happen with some cars. So far, I have found that these cars have this issue...

Ford GT GTE
Lamborghini GT3
Porsche GT3R

EightBelles37
22-09-2017, 20:38
Is anyone else having trouble keeping cars to drive in a straight line? I am using a controller and at high speeds the car will begin to veer left or right in a really unnatural manner. I have tried changing the the controller settings as well as some tuning but the problem remains.

wicker man
22-09-2017, 20:39
yup on ps4 its doing it too me

ive been trying too play around with the settings but not much luck so far

GtAce36
22-09-2017, 20:41
Yup PS4 same issues .. i’m currently ‘trying’ the Nordschleife Starlight special ... not exactly what I would call ‘fun’ tbh :(

Alfisti
22-09-2017, 20:50
I'm gonna wait until xmas to get this, the list of problems is already a billion deep.

EightBelles37
22-09-2017, 20:50
I look like a drunk driver going down the Mulsanne Straight.

EightBelles37
22-09-2017, 20:54
Wise choice. I have hope though.

O-NO
22-09-2017, 20:59
I'm having a tough time on PC with a controller.
Also very little controller vibration......was much better for me on PC1

GtAce36
22-09-2017, 21:00
Yea all the feedback from reviews is that it’s better than PC1 .. I wonder if I got a good version of PC1 as I don’t remember it being this difficult ...

Jrel
22-09-2017, 21:18
I'm having the same issue on PS4. In the Vintage Lotus Trophy race, on lap 2, I noticed the steering starts becoming more difficult on the wet roads even if I try setting it on Baby Driver settings (with assists, traction settings, etc and beginner driver AI). On lap 3 of the Vintage Lotus Trophy, my car is unable to go straight down a straightaway while all other cars go past me at full speed. If I try to turn right very slightly on right turns, it keeps pushing me onto the left side of the road.

GtAce36
22-09-2017, 21:20
I'm having the same issue. In the Vintage Lotus Trophy race, on lap 2, I noticed the steering starts becoming more difficult on the wet roads even if I try setting it on Baby Driver settings (with assists, traction settings, etc and beginner driver AI). On lap 3 of the Vintage Lotus Trophy, my car is unable to go straight down a straightaway while all other cars go past me at full speed. If I try to turn right very slightly on right turns, it keeps pushing me onto the left side of the road.

Yup I made a topic about this ... pretty sure it’s in relation to cold tyres in this case though as lap 1 isn’t as bad ...

Trippul G
22-09-2017, 21:31
Yes, I'm finding the same. Depends on the car, some do it more than others. It starts to wander in one direction, you give the controller a slight tap to correct it, and the car wanders back in the opposite direction. Correct that, and it wanders the other way again. So on and so on.

I'm no tuning expert, but it behaves almost like the front wheels don't have enough caster, which if I understand correctly, serves to help the wheels want to naturally return to center. I haven't looked at the tuning options yet, but maybe there's something there along those lines.

Although, if it's happening on multiple cars, that would lead me to believe something in the controller settings themselves is the real culprit, as you shouldn't have to tune out the same issue in each and every car.

Grassy
22-09-2017, 22:16
The McLaren 720S with or without assists feels like it has bald tyres and veers to the left or right at any hint of acceleration. I think certain cars must have a bug with their default set-up or handling, as other cars like the Nissan R390 or Formula Rookie cars handle and drive just fine for me with no assists...I'm going to test out some other cars today too.

Xbox One Elite controller on PC here btw.

kevin kirk
22-09-2017, 22:16
I'm having a huge issue with this also. What use to be solved with a high speed sensitivity and low steering sensitivity in the last game cant be solved with anything I have tried so far. For example on the laguna sega in the gt3 cars on the front "straight". Everything seems smooth until I hit 3rd gear and sometimes it jerks left, sometimes it jerks right, just before you hit the crest were the cones are. Right not I'm playing with the diff setting to see if I can find something that calms it down. To me it feels like it would feel if you suddenly turned on the opposite lock help setting in the last game halfway down the straights. If anyone finds anything that can help post it please.

kevin kirk
22-09-2017, 22:18
Yes, I'm finding the same. Depends on the car, some do it more than others. It starts to wander in one direction, you give the controller a slight tap to correct it, and the car wanders back in the opposite direction. Correct that, and it wanders the other way again. So on and so on.

I'm no tuning expert, but it behaves almost like the front wheels don't have enough caster, which if I understand correctly, serves to help the wheels want to naturally return to center. I haven't looked at the tuning options yet, but maybe there's something there along those lines.

Although, if it's happening on multiple cars, that would lead me to believe something in the controller settings themselves is the real culprit, as you shouldn't have to tune out the same issue in each and every car.

feels like at a certain speed the car has a mind of its own and wants to fight you for control don't it?

O-NO
22-09-2017, 22:24
The McLaren 720S with or without assists feels like it has bald tyres and veers to the left or right at any hint of acceleration. I think certain cars must have a bug with their default set-up or handling, as other cars like the Nissan R390 or Formula Rookie cars handle and drive just fine for me with no assists...I'm going to test out some other cars today too.

Xbox One Elite controller on PC here btw.

How you finding controller vibration?

kevin kirk
22-09-2017, 22:34
its in the configuration part of the controls options. configuration and scroll down

NeonFlux
22-09-2017, 22:40
I havent had any problems so far in gt3.... have you tried increasing the steering ratio in the tuning settings. It might help.

You may have already done this but on the controller settings reduce steering sensivity... i think i have mine set to 10.

Methadone Man
22-09-2017, 22:48
Whether with a wheel or a controller, it seems the hardest thing to do in this game is drive a car straight down a paved road. Brilliant.

O-NO
22-09-2017, 23:02
its in the configuration part of the controls options. configuration and scroll down

Sorry I meant is anyone finding the vibration any good.....cause I'm not at the moment and found it much better on PC1 (using xbox controller on PC)

Trippul G
22-09-2017, 23:31
Sorry I meant is anyone finding the vibration any good.....cause I'm not at the moment and found it much better on PC1 (using xbox controller on PC)

Interesting. I'm using an elite controller on a vanilla XB1. Played for a few hours so far, and from what I recall the vibration and feedback actually felt quite strong. I particularly took note of the feedback through the triggers, which felt MUCH stronger than anything I ever felt in PCARS1.

Then again, all cars seemed to lock up their wheels if you put even a millimeter of travel into the brake trigger, so it was kind of a case of "that's cool, but dial it down man..."

As an aside, I've got to say, after all the hype about how much they've improved controller settings out of the box, it feels way better than PCARS1, etc., I'm honestly rather disappointed. It's a bit like saying "living in a cardboard box is better than being homeless." Sure it is, but it's still far from ideal. Compared to PCARS1 controls right out of the box, PCARS2 DOES feel much better...but let's be honest, with such a low starting point, it would have been hard for it to feel WORSE. Judging from all the fanfare, I was expecting to be able to simply jump in with any car, pick up and play, and have it feel good and be reasonably quick. I really am disappointed that I have to spend time digging through settings, mining the Internet for potential solutions, then spending time trying them out just to get a game that feels comfortable to play.

I don't want to sound like a Forza fanboy, because believe me there are a lot of things I dislike about that series, but that's one thing I will say about Forza...I've played every single one, dating back to the original in 2005, with a gamepad, and not once have I ever felt the need to go into the advanced settings and fiddle with deadzones, linearity, etc. All the cars just worked, and felt normal and predictable, right off the bat. Really wish I could say the same about this series.

I think in time, and with patches, it'll get there. I hope so. I really want to love this game, but it's just so frustrating right now.

MRBROWN33
22-09-2017, 23:39
This sounds like the exactly the same problems Pcars1 had. At £50 this game should work straight out the box.

O-NO
22-09-2017, 23:41
Thanks Trippul G.
I just can't seem to able to get the same vibration on PC2 as I've got in PC1, in fact for me it's pretty poor.

OddTimer
22-09-2017, 23:51
I am also using the Xbox controller on pc and the vibration is pretty weak. But that is not the worse part, steering input does not offer any vibration at all. Is this the case on the Xbox console as well?

Ixoye56
23-09-2017, 00:07
Interesting. I'm using an elite controller on a vanilla XB1. Played for a few hours so far, and from what I recall the vibration and feedback actually felt quite strong. I particularly took note of the feedback through the triggers, which felt MUCH stronger than anything I ever felt in PCARS1.

Then again, all cars seemed to lock up their wheels if you put even a millimeter of travel into the brake trigger, so it was kind of a case of "that's cool, but dial it down man..."

As an aside, I've got to say, after all the hype about how much they've improved controller settings out of the box, it feels way better than PCARS1, etc., I'm honestly rather disappointed. It's a bit like saying "living in a cardboard box is better than being homeless." Sure it is, but it's still far from ideal. Compared to PCARS1 controls right out of the box, PCARS2 DOES feel much better...but let's be honest, with such a low starting point, it would have been hard for it to feel WORSE. Judging from all the fanfare, I was expecting to be able to simply jump in with any car, pick up and play, and have it feel good and be reasonably quick. I really am disappointed that I have to spend time digging through settings, mining the Internet for potential solutions, then spending time trying them out just to get a game that feels comfortable to play.

I don't want to sound like a Forza fanboy, because believe me there are a lot of things I dislike about that series, but that's one thing I will say about Forza...I've played every single one, dating back to the original in 2005, with a gamepad, and not once have I ever felt the need to go into the advanced settings and fiddle with deadzones, linearity, etc. All the cars just worked, and felt normal and predictable, right off the bat. Really wish I could say the same about this series.

I think in time, and with patches, it'll get there. I hope so. I really want to love this game, but it's just so frustrating right now.

I usually drive with my TX wheel, but I have also try to drive the game with my elite controller, and the vibration and feedback feels great for me also, some cars are fine to drive with controller, but some are almost impossible, I think the special controller setups will come in next patch, have you ever try the ice track with controller? Lol, it's impossible for me :)

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 01:20
This sounds like the exactly the same problems Pcars1 had. At £50 this game should work straight out the box.

these games don't work like a on and off switch. Thats simply impossible for that to happen with the cause and effect nature of these games. Not my opinion, just pointing out the reality of gaming at this time.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 01:21
The lmp2 cars feels great in a straight line, so far its just the gt3 cars for me.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 02:41
I've been testing the settings outlined here:
https://youtu.be/578VLQXPnAs and have had pretty decent results so far. I'm still driving with TCS and SC enabled, but I'm ok with that.

Tried the first three community events (Indycar, Caterham, and the Ligier LMP2), and they all felt pretty good, the Ligier particularly so.

Then, I tried the fourth event, the Skyline at Sugo in the rain...and...I'm still shaking my head. It was atrocious. Acceleration constantly caused the car to pull to one side or another, making straight line driving impossible. For that matter, keeping it on the road at all felt damn near impossible. It felt completely disconnected from the road. It's almost like something gets turned off in the FFB calculations in the wet. I got feedback from the triggers, and very little else. I'll have to test and see if it's just that car/track combo, or if it's like that all the time in the wet.

Ahh the joys of unpaid beta testing...

*EDIT*
It appears to be that car in particular...the Skyline Nismo (Track Day B, I think is the class). I did a free practice with it at Sugo in the dry, and I could at least complete a flying lap, but it was a real struggle and it was by no means fast. I almost want to say that it feels like torque steer, but IMO you shouldn't be seeing anything that severe even if you've got a very high powered FWD car...plus the fact that it seems to pull alternately to either the left OR the right, torque steer would remain consistent in direction.

On dry tarmac, this behavior is at least somewhat correctable...in the wet, forget it. You might as well strap a couple of bars of soap to your feet and go ice skating. I tested the 911 GT3 RS at Sugo in dry conditions as well, and while it was better, it did still seem to exhibit some of that "wandering" type straight line steering mentioned earlier. In my experience, this behavior seems to be most prevalent in road cars, as the 720S at Long Beach felt similar in the straights. For some reason, GT3, LMP2, and Indycar for example don't seem to behave like this, and for the most part feel pretty good. (In the dry, at least. Haven't really done any wet weather testing so far.)

wicker man
23-09-2017, 03:49
Glad this ain't just me then, the nismo skyline Road car at imola is pretty much undriveable

bluesky0870
23-09-2017, 05:04

Then, I tried the fourth event, the Skyline at Sugo in the rain...and...I'm still shaking my head. It was atrocious. Acceleration constantly caused the car to pull to one side or another, making straight line driving impossible. For that matter, keeping it on the road at all felt damn near impossible. It felt completely disconnected from the road. It's almost like something gets turned off in the FFB calculations in the wet. I got feedback from the triggers, and very little else. I'll have to test and see if it's just that car/track combo, or if it's like that all the time in the wet.

Ahh the joys of unpaid beta testing...

Ginetta Juniors, GT3 cars and the Sierra Cosworth are steerable in rainy conditions on different tracks like Knockhill or Silverstone e.g.
Oulton is another story, there the cars loose grip even in dry conditions due to track/tyre temperature.

HLR Ghosty
23-09-2017, 05:50

(UPDATE) I have found that this does not happen with some cars. So far, I have found that these cars have this issue...

Ford GT GTE
Lamborghini GT3
Porsche GT3R

Feel fine to me on PC, no weaving

MRBROWN33
23-09-2017, 06:23
Don't want to get into a slagging match about this but. Come on, second time round and they still can't get it right.

XFR Spike
23-09-2017, 08:09
Damn! ..so disappointing after pre-release talk of significant controller improvement. It just doesn't feel like it here.

So much promise just out of your grasp... but second time around I kinda expected better SMS, sorry to say it.
The work you guys have done is obviously considerable and truly a credit to you in so many ways.
This needs resolving though! We can't race a title with unpredictable/unmanageable input.

Guess its back in its digital box for a while & eyes out for the patch fairy :blue: hopefully be along soon :onthego:

In my best Delboy accent... deja vu Rodney deja vooooo

GTDriver7777
23-09-2017, 10:09
Same issues here but on the PS4.
After all the promises that the pad handling would be much, much better.. it really is not, it is worse then in the final version of Pcars1.
At least in that game i could rip through corners and keep doing clean laps. It is impossible with Pcars2. what a shame!

wicker man
23-09-2017, 10:45
Same issues here but on the PS4.
After all the promises that the pad handling would be much, much better.. it really is not, it is worse then in the final version of Pcars1.
At least in that game i could rip through corners and keep doing clean laps. It is impossible with Pcars2. what a shame!

Yup I give up atm back too wot & yakuza for me

Ixoye56
23-09-2017, 11:46
Feel fine to me on Xbox, no weaving, elite controller.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 13:11
Damn! ..so disappointing after pre-release talk of significant controller improvement. It just doesn't feel like it here.

So much promise just out of your grasp... but second time around I kinda expected better SMS, sorry to say it.
The work you guys have done is obviously considerable and truly a credit to you in so many ways.
This needs resolving though! We can't race a title with unpredictable/unmanageable input.

Guess its back in its digital box for a while & eyes out for the patch fairy :blue: hopefully be along soon :onthego:

In my best Delboy accent... deja vu Rodney deja vooooo

its simply certain cars have the issue that needs to be looked at. Its not like every car in the game has it to jump off the deep end about like that.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 13:15
Feel fine to me on Xbox, no weaving, elite controller.

Do the last of the current community events...the one with the Nismo at Sugo in the wet. If you can do that, on an xbox, with a controller, and post a competitive lap time, you're either a god among men or we'd like you to share your controller settings.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 13:17
the lambo gt3 and audi gt3 do have some kind of problem with them. Feels like a toe issue.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 13:25
the lambo gt3 and audi gt3 do have some kind of problem with them. Feels like a toe issue.

I wonder if this is similar to what I've felt on the McLaren 720S, and to a lesser extent, the 911 GT3 RS...where the car seems to want to wander to one side or the other instead of keep going straight. I'll test later...maybe it can be sorted with tuning. Toe like you said, or maybe caster would be my first guesses. I've been hesitant to mess with the tuning thus far since it seemed to me like a controller settings issue, since it was present with multiple cars. But, maybe it's time to dive under the virtual hood and see if we can't at least find a temporary solution.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 13:52
I wonder if this is similar to what I've felt on the McLaren 720S, and to a lesser extent, the 911 GT3 RS...where the car seems to want to wander to one side or the other instead of keep going straight. I'll test later...maybe it can be sorted with tuning. Toe like you said, or maybe caster would be my first guesses. I've been hesitant to mess with the tuning thus far since it seemed to me like a controller settings issue, since it was present with multiple cars. But, maybe it's time to dive under the virtual hood and see if we can't at least find a temporary solution..........I spent hours last night trying everything, then I reset the controls back to default and tried the Ferrari gt3 and it drives like heaven on cold and warm tires. No issue what so ever, tried the new lmp2 and they drove like a dream on cold and warm tires, no issues what so ever. Then jump back into the lambo gt3 car and couldn't even hold it on the track after 3 gear and up on any straight! Corner entery feels good, corner exit feels good,nice and smooth, easy to catch any oversteer. Then as soon as I hit third gear the car just decides to fight me for control of it. Even on warm tires.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 14:01
^Yeesh. That's...not encouraging. :ambivalence:

bluesky0870
23-09-2017, 18:39
^Yeesh. That's...not encouraging. :ambivalence:

I tried to tame the Nissan monster too. In wet conditions and in the dry at Sugo. With a controller and with a wheel. I added SC and what should l say now? Still far away from a controllable car.
The Zakspeed Capri is the same (without SC so far) Will give the car another go with SC later an report.

I fear that all those highly overpowered cars will show the same shape.

dreampage
23-09-2017, 19:49
Same issue here (Xbox One). I noticed it usually appears during races or qualifying sessions where there are a lot of cars on the track. It never happens during private testing. I guess the physics engine is overloaded and it can't handle something on the player car, thus causing anomalies. It's really annoying - I can't make a straight line at Le Mans or Spa.

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:22
Just so I'm sure, are you all experiencing the car quickly darting left and right? That is what I am experiencing in GT cars even when I take my thumb off the stick. Frustrating because I can't race GT. I started with Giennta JR which has a 12 car field so I'm not seeing any issues. For fun when I try to run a full GT field I can't even participate in the race. It bounces all over as if it's bugged. I have to say this amount of items piling up for me is making it hard to stay positive.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 22:56
^I've personally only run the Z4 in the GT3 class, and it felt fine to me. Others have reported that the Lamborghini and the Audi GT3 display the "unable to drive in a straight line" behavior.

Lukeymonster
24-09-2017, 00:01
^I've personally only run the Z4 in the GT3 class, and it felt fine to me. Others have reported that the Lamborghini and the Audi GT3 display the "unable to drive in a straight line" behavior.

I tired the Porsche and Ferrari at COTA. Same thing. Darts back and forth and Wobbles down the straights. I'm wondering if it is the amount of cars on track? Single testing run in the Porsche and it runs great. Full field and wobbles in a straight line.

aleph99
24-09-2017, 01:34
I'm coming here from a different thread (wheel wobbling and shaking with PC2 on Xbox) and I suspect both issues may be related. It seems PC2 is interpreting stable signals from a wheel (or, in your case, from a controller) as oscillating and acting accordingly. Perhaps these signals are being overly amplified to provide better FFB at slow speed or something like that. Since analog devices seldom send an absolutely regular digital signal when in a steady position, amplifying those without filtering to crop out normal variations may result in the wobbling behavior you describe.

bluesky0870
24-09-2017, 01:54

Ok, after 6 hrs at Sugo (maybe more time spent there than the whole Q&A staff on all tracks?)

All following cars are tested stock for 10 laps in dry conditions one time with the Thrustmaster TMX wheel, a second time with the controller and my own settings on each device. As well as with and without assists except of ABS. That is used on all cars permanently.

Nissan GT-R SMS edition.
Far away from being fun, without assists only usable to commit suicide. With full assists on controller a bit more drivable than on wheel.
Front tyres overheat after a few laps, car with assists is more predictable and fairly stable. But nothing to go fast with. Reminds me of the Tom's Supra from Shift 2.

McLaren 720S
The worst car in the game for me so far. Front goes from left to right on straights and suddenly looses grip in always the same 2 corners. No chance in hell to avoid that.
Rear tyres start to spin even with full assists on. Braking without feeling insecure and becoming unstable is impossible at high speed.

Lambo Aventador
Way more drivable but still no joy. Pushing the car a bit too hard leads into loosing the front end. But by being aware of that the car is handable and drivable.

Zakspeed Capri, BMW 520s Group5

With assists with controller ok, with wheel the rear end feels more loose. Without assist to be handled with care each time you shift or push the throttle.

Till here l can't imagine to hold races with these cars.
They are highly sensitive and overpowered.
I can see the intention to model the cars' behaviour like this, but stock they are barely usable. They need to be tuned and tweaked to make them feel enjoyable.

Lambo Sesto Elemento, Veneno. Both are drivable well, even without STM. Both need to be tuned to be competitive but in a single make race they seem to be fine.

Lambo Huracan GT3
A blast of a car, sticks on the road like glue, can be thrown through corners without any assist and is fun to drive.

Lambo Diablo GTR
Even tops the Huracan GT3 for me. Handles pretty well and must be reason the word fun is invented for.

Ford GT GTE
Slightly more oversteery than the Lambo race cars, but can be pushed hardly around the track too.

Ginetta G55 GT3
A bit sluggish but drivable well.

In my case with my personal settings it turned out that both input devices give very similar feedback. With the controller throttle is less sensitive and brake feels more stable when I am driving the first mentioned monster cars.
I even had the feeling that l was able to brake later than with the wheel.

So l started to tweak the config settings of the wheel, that l left untouched so far, and ended with the same feeling of the brake now.

In my opinion all the cars l have driven so far behave as intentionally thought out by SMS and like they might behave in real life. But some seem to be too much real life for console gaming input device. I don't blame on SMS here, they designed the cars with high precision and real life orientated.
On the other hand the standard input device settings aren't working well on the Xbox. But when it comes to this point l can imagine that it isn't easy to please the likes and preferences of all gamers. Nevertheless one can expect that the devices work right out of the box without fiddling around with all given sliders for hours or even days. Enthusiasts like e.g. Nissan4forever or people with endless patience like me can figure out what to do, but most gamers don't like and want to spend several hours to find out how to adjust the device options to make cars drivable if even possible. I am not mentioning the need of tuning here.

My conclusion is that sometimes less (reality) can be more and sometimes more (testing) causes less (trouble, confusion and frustration).

Said this, I don't have those feelings, but l can understand everyone who is frustrated. I only wish that the FFB problems on some wheels are sorted out quickly and all those who are suffering from this issue, can have the fun the game can be and was made for.

kevin kirk
24-09-2017, 05:25
I tired the Porsche and Ferrari at COTA. Same thing. Darts back and forth and Wobbles down the straights. I'm wondering if it is the amount of cars on track? Single testing run in the Porsche and it runs great. Full field and wobbles in a straight line.

the ferrari gt3/gte feels handles great for me. So does the ford GTE. I remember the RUF gt3 from the first game handled similar but no where near as bad. I just also note I'm using the default controller settings but with slightly more controller filter.

kevin kirk
24-09-2017, 05:38
Just so I'm sure, are you all experiencing the car quickly darting left and right? That is what I am experiencing in GT cars even when I take my thumb off the stick. Frustrating because I can't race GT. I started with Giennta JR which has a 12 car field so I'm not seeing any issues. For fun when I try to run a full GT field I can't even participate in the race. It bounces all over as if it's bugged. I have to say this amount of items piling up for me is making it hard to stay positive.
.......I have had some super fun racing the cars without this issue. So being positive is still there for me assuming that these cars with this issue will be fixed.

dreampage
24-09-2017, 07:23

I wouldn't say quickly. When you're driving down a straight the car begins to slowly pull to either side. If you counter-steer then it pulls to the other side. Like you're driving on ice. It can be experienced on almost any track with any faster car, but only during sessions with lots (20+) of cars. This is my experience. Hugely annoying because not only it's unrealistic, it also decreases potential top speed, slows down lap times and you can't fiddle with the multi-function display while on straights because you constantly have to counter-steer.

APR193
24-09-2017, 08:46
Have the same problem. Affects different cars/classes differently. GT3 is undrivable with ai on the track. Hard to explain what's happening, but the car just wobbles around. Feels totally different from private testing (which btw feels awesome). GT1 isn't affected (at least the Panoz I tried wasn't with 29 ai cars. GTO, GTE, GT4, LMP2 also don't seem to be affected. GT3, Super Trofeo and RS01 Trophy though are really bad.

Needs to be prioritised really for a fix

Haekr
24-09-2017, 12:08
I'm having this same problem in quick race mode, using a g920 wheel. The car will just start turning and veering on its own, and the wheel moves on its own. Its seems to only affect GT3 class cars in quick race mode. In time trial I never experienced this.

Trippul G
24-09-2017, 14:16
I wouldn't say quickly. When you're driving down a straight the car begins to slowly pull to either side. If you counter-steer then it pulls to the other side. Like you're driving on ice. It can be experienced on almost any track with any faster car, but only during sessions with lots (20+) of cars. This is my experience. Hugely annoying because not only it's unrealistic, it also decreases potential top speed, slows down lap times and you can't fiddle with the multi-function display while on straights because you constantly have to counter-steer.

Noticed exactly this last night. Did a quick race with the GT preset, chose the 488 GT3 at Algarve. Field was set to 30, I believe (I didn't change the default).

On straights, there is a very noticeable wobble to the car's direction. As mentioned, it slowly wanders to one side. You then give the thumbstick a little tap to correct for this, and the car then starts to wander in that direction. So on and so on...I was half expecting to be pulled over by the police for DUI.

Private testing, this car feels amazing and doesn't have this problem at all.

APR193
24-09-2017, 14:27
Would it be possible to get acknowledgement from a mod that this has been noted? Apologies if it already has been (I've missed it in that case), its just such a big issue it would be nice if its one of the bugs we can follow the progess of closer (like we've already had updates on here about ai etc)

O-NO
24-09-2017, 17:40
Are you guys getting good vibration when off track or going over kerbs?
I'm using Xbox gamepad on PC and compared with PC1 the vibration is very poor.

Trippul G
24-09-2017, 19:05
^Are you using an Xbox 360 gamepad, or Xbox One? I'm using an Elite Wireless controller on a vanilla Xbox One, and so far the vibration/feedback, on the whole, has felt pretty good for me.

O-NO
24-09-2017, 19:10
Xbox 360. Its fine with PC1 but poor with PC2

OddTimer
24-09-2017, 20:44
xbox one controller for me and vibration is there for me but very weak and not present at all when steering the car, only break, accel and curbs. is it the same for you guys?

for the ones having problems on the straights...try adding a bit more dead zone in controller settings, just in case the controller has some tear and wear....this could help.

APR193
24-09-2017, 20:52
xbox one controller for me and vibration is there for me but very weak and not present at all when steering the car, only break, accel and curbs. is it the same for you guys?

for the ones having problems on the straights...try adding a bit more dead zone in controller settings, just in case the controller has some tear and wear....this could help.

Already tried deadzones, made no difference. The problems only affects certain cars on certain game modes (any where there are ai). No setting changes make the slightest difference so we'll have to wait for word from SMS.

To answer your question about vibration, I've got the same. Decent vibration when braking and on kerbs, none at all when steering. Makes a lot of cars feel vague and numb. Vibration settings set to max.

Loucosp
24-09-2017, 20:53
^Are you using an Xbox 360 gamepad, or Xbox One? I'm using an Elite Wireless controller on a vanilla Xbox One, and so far the vibration/feedback, on the whole, has felt pretty good for me.

In my case this happened using different cars on various tracks.

Lambo gt3 on Long Beach
Ferrari LMP2 on historic Spa.

Trippul G
25-09-2017, 03:02
Noticed exactly this last night. Did a quick race with the GT preset, chose the 488 GT3 at Algarve. Field was set to 30, I believe (I didn't change the default).

On straights, there is a very noticeable wobble to the car's direction. As mentioned, it slowly wanders to one side. You then give the thumbstick a little tap to correct for this, and the car then starts to wander in that direction. So on and so on...I was half expecting to be pulled over by the police for DUI.

Private testing, this car feels amazing and doesn't have this problem at all.

So I previously thought that this wobbly behavior was tied somehow to having a full field (or close to it) of AI. That may still be the case, but it appears now that with certain cars, this behavior CAN be displayed in Private Testing as well.

Just did some hotlapping with the LaFerrari at Imola (no AI obviously, as I mentioned), and this same lazy, wandering behavior was again noticeable.

Tried the same scenario with the Enzo, and it felt fine. Go figure. :confused:

wicker man
25-09-2017, 04:14
Deffo does it in private testing for me on the ps4

kevin kirk
25-09-2017, 04:44
A small clip of the issue
https://youtu.be/S7MQZWOqpE8

kwint1
25-09-2017, 05:47
yep notice the same problem yesterday on several cars.. it just wanders offline back and forth on its own, wobbling. have t fight the controller to keep it back online. restarted game, restarted xbox , nothing seems to fix it must be a bug

Nint
25-09-2017, 07:03
The fact that this problem hasn't been acknowledged yet gives me zero hope that it will fixed in a later patch...

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 07:39
A small clip of the issue
https://youtu.be/S7MQZWOqpE8

I've forwarded this video (and this thread) to the devs.
Could you guys please do me a favour and compile a list of cars that are affected the most by this?
Thanks.

OddTimer
25-09-2017, 08:25
Could you guys please do me a favour and compile a list of cars that are affected the most by this?
Thanks.

This is good news. Can you also mention to devs that vibration is very poor on Xbox controller on Xbox and PC? it may be as well on PS4, but need to confirm that. Cars feel very numb because of it. All the feedback is based on what happens visually, not how it feels no the controller. Thanks!

APR193
25-09-2017, 09:59
Thanks.

Posted in the bug report thread -

Porsche GT3 (both versions)
Audi GT3 (both versions)
Renault RS01 ( GT3 and trophy)
Lambo GT3
Lambo Super Trofeo

That's all I've found so far personally

Killer Bob
25-09-2017, 10:17
Thanks.

Thx for trying to help Bealdor. Its pretty much the entire GT3 and GTE classes i'm having the issues with. I only ever really race at Le Mans so i can't say about other tracks. I'll plod through more cars/classes and try to come up with a full list. I use a controller btw, tried different configs but no joy. Lmp1 and 2 seem to be pretty stable. Cheers.

APR193
25-09-2017, 11:07
The Bentley, Ginetta, Mclaren and Ferrari GT3 as well as the Ferrari GTE car aren't affected from what I've tried. I'll test some more later after uni

rexg1028
25-09-2017, 12:02
All of the GT3 and GTE class cars that I've tried are having this issue when any AI is on the track (i.e. in a custom single player race). All of the same cars are fine in private testing. The track seems to be irrelevant. I am on a regular XBox One and using a standard controller. Tried different controller settings etc. to no avail.

Really hoping this is addressed soon as it frankly ruins any attempt at racing with the GT cars.

kevin kirk
25-09-2017, 13:13
so far its the lambo gt3 and audi gt3 for me.

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 13:15
All of the GT3 and GTE class cars that I've tried are having this issue when any AI is on the track (i.e. in a custom single player race). All of the same cars are fine in private testing. The track seems to be irrelevant. I am on a regular XBox One and using a standard controller. Tried different controller settings etc. to no avail.

Really hoping this is addressed soon as it frankly ruins any attempt at racing with the GT cars.

Can anyone else confirm that the issue is NOT there when driving without AI?

Could you please also try a custom RACE without any AI to see if the AI is affecting it or if it's game mode specific?
Thanks.

kevin kirk
25-09-2017, 13:20
Thanks.

thanks, I'm having a blast racing the other cars without this issue.

Trippul G
25-09-2017, 13:31

Could you please also try a custom RACE without any AI to see if the AI is affecting it or if it's game mode specific?
Thanks.

I mentioned earlier that certain cars WILL still exhibit this behavior in Private Testing. (Usually that seems to fix the problem, but not always). I selected the LaFerrari at Imola, private testing, and it was wobbly there.

Will try a race with no AI later this afternoon and report back. Thanks Bealdor.

rexg1028
25-09-2017, 14:07

Thanks.

Yeah I will try this later today.

And I do not doubt that some cars have the problem in private testing as well, but I was simply relaying my experience so far.

kwint1
25-09-2017, 16:38
NSX GT also on that list..

will do some more testing as well to see if I can identify

edit...
by the way if anyone can make a chase cam video it will show it even more clearly

APR193
25-09-2017, 17:39
Seems like an ai issue rather than a game mode issue. Just tried a few cars that are affected with 0 ai and had no issues. Will test some more cars tonight

Nint
25-09-2017, 17:43
You can also add the Ford Stock Car to that list, at least for me. Can't keep that straight either.

APR193
25-09-2017, 18:49
There seems to be more than one issue here. The 488 GT3/GTE, Bentley GT3, McLaren GT3 etc I earlier said weren't affected, are actually affected just in a different way.

The Lambo, Audi, Porsche, Renault etc weave in a straight line without user input. The others stated above sort of 'wobble' when the user inputs steering. The best way I can explain it is it feels as if the game applies full steering lock at 40-50% steering input from the user, but up until that point (40-50% input) it applies the correct steering lock. At least that is the feeling it gives.

From my testing -

Straight line weave -
Renault RS01 GT3 + Trophy
Lambo GT3 + Super Trofeo
Audi GT3 + GT3 Endurance
Porsche GT3 + Porsche GT3 Endurance
Ford Fusion Stockcar
Aston Martin GTE
LaFerrari (this one includes private testing as well as modes with ai)
Acura GT3 (haven't tested it personally but others have said this car)
AMG GT3 (both in private testing and with ai)

Mid corner wobble -
Bentley GT3
Ginetta GT4
Ferrari GT3 + GTE
Mclaren GT3
BMW M6 GT3 + GTE
Nissan GT3
SLS GT3
Z4 GT3
Aston GT3
Ford GT GTE
Corvette GTE

All of the cars above feel very different in game modes with ai. All of them (except LaFerrari) feel brilliant in private testing btw, so hopefully that can be replicated across all games modes soon.

Edit - added cars to the list above, such as AMG GT3. Will continue to add more as I find them

bluesky0870
25-09-2017, 21:36
There seems to be more than one issue here. The 488 GT3/GTE, Bentley GT3, McLaren GT3 etc I earlier said weren't affected, are actually affected just in a different way.

The Lambo, Audi, Porsche, Renault etc weave in a straight line without user input. The others stated above sort of 'wobble' when the user inputs steering. The best way I can explain it is it feels as if the game applies full steering lock at 40-50% steering input from the user, but up until that point (40-50% input) it applies the correct steering lock. At least that is the feeling it gives.

From my testing -

Straight line weave -
Renault RS01 GT3 + Trophy
Lambo GT3 + Super Trofeo
Audi GT3 + GT3 Endurance
Porsche GT3 + Porsche GT3 Endurance
Ford Fusion Stockcar
Aston Martin GTE
LaFerrari (this one includes private testing as well as modes with ai)
Acura GT3 (haven't tested it personally but others have said this car)
AMG GT3 (both in private testing and with ai)

Mid corner wobble -
Bentley GT3
Ginetta GT4
Ferrari GT3 + GTE
Mclaren GT3
BMW M6 GT3 + GTE
Nissan GT3
SLS GT3
Z4 GT3
Aston GT3
Ford GT GTE
Corvette GTE

All of the cars above feel very different in game modes with ai. All of them (except LaFerrari) feel brilliant in private testing btw, so hopefully that can be replicated across all games modes soon.

Edit - added cars to the list above, such as AMG GT3. Will continue to add more as I find them

I've tested every GT3 car I could find at Spa and Long Beach with 23 AI opponents in 3 lap quick races.

All of them have shown no flaws, no wobbling, no odd steering. They all ran like a charm for me.

I am using the Johnson settings with some changes to meet my driving.

My environtment:
Xbox One first generation 500GB with latest update (no beta)
Western Digital My passport USB 3.0 external HDD 2 TB.
Razer Wildcat eSports- Controller (wired) in game shown as Xbox One wireless standard controller.
Force feedback is a bit weak but sufficient except of braking feedback on left trigger. That feels as strong as in PC1 to me.

Digital game copy downloaded at 22nd September
43.5 GB including the day one update.

Is it possible that the 11 GB single update, that some had to install, made the differences?

rexg1028
25-09-2017, 23:06
Ok so I ran some races with no AI opponents as we discussed earlier and had no issues. And I agree with APR193, all of these GT3 and GTE cars feel totally different when AI is involved. I definitely have the same mid-corner "wobble" issue as well. My experience is pretty much exactly as he described earlier. Also, I did a private test using the LaFerrari and it wanders on the straights, but this is the only car I've had that issue with in private testing.

Killer Bob
25-09-2017, 23:20
Hi rexg, i'm working thru the gt3, gte and gt1 cars. All at Le Mans in multi-class races and they all weave on Mulsane so far. Lmp1 and 2 seem ok. I've been running with a field of 27 opponents. Once i've worked thru all of them i'm going to drop the number of opponents and go thru all the cars again, then rinse and repeat lol.

At least the devs are aware so fingers crossed for a quick fix. No way i'm getting Forza.

Cheers

rexg1028
25-09-2017, 23:25
Hi rexg, i'm working thru the gt3, gte and gt1 cars. All at Le Mans in multi-class races and they all weave on Mulsane so far. Lmp1 and 2 seem ok. I've been running with a field of 27 opponents. Once i've worked thru all of them i'm going to drop the number of opponents and go thru all the cars again, then rinse and repeat lol.

At least the devs are aware so fingers crossed for a quick fix. No way i'm getting Forza.

Cheers

I saw someone say in a different thread that if you keep the number of AI below 10 I think, that it improves the situation some. I've gone down as low as 15 AI opponents and haven't noticed any improvement. But yes, thanks for your input and I've certainly got my fingers crossed as well.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 00:34
^Just want to say thanks to the guys that are testing this out. I had planned to myself, but well...plans changed. Hopefully devs will have an "AHA!" moment soon and we'll all be a bit happier with what is otherwise shaping up to be an amazing game.

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 01:14
Well now it seems that even the cars that was ok for me seem to develop this issue as the tires get some wear on them. So for me ether the cars cant stay in a straight line to begin with or they start out playable and as the tires get worn the ability to stay in a straight line gets worse. Speaking about the GT cars, controller gameplay.

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 01:20
^Just want to say thanks to the guys that are testing this out. I had planned to myself, but well...plans changed. Hopefully devs will have an "AHA!" moment soon and we'll all be a bit happier with what is otherwise shaping up to be an amazing game.

... I agree, I knew exactly what buying it day one involved. Don't mind watching the game mature as SMS get a handle on things we are finding.

kwint1
26-09-2017, 03:26
I've tested every GT3 car I could find at Spa and Long Beach with 23 AI opponents in 3 lap quick races.

All of them have shown no flaws, no wobbling, no odd steering. They all ran like a charm for me.

I am using the Johnson settings with some changes to meet my driving.

My environtment:
Xbox One first generation 500GB with latest update (no beta)
Western Digital My passport USB 3.0 external HDD 2 TB.
Razer Wildcat eSports- Controller (wired) in game shown as Xbox One wireless standard controller.
Force feedback is a bit weak but sufficient except of braking feedback on left trigger. That feels as strong as in PC1 to me.

Digital game copy downloaded at 22nd September
43.5 GB including the day one update.

Is it possible that the 11 GB single update, that some had to install, made the differences?

I have had the issue with the full preloaded digital file and did not get a separate day 1 patch.

has anyone with issue tried ot with tire wear off? to see if that affects it.

i am not having the issue in test session and no AI and no tire wear on

rexg1028
26-09-2017, 10:44
I have had the issue with the full preloaded digital file and did not get a separate day 1 patch.

has anyone with issue tried ot with tire wear off? to see if that affects it.

i am not having the issue in test session and no AI and no tire wear on

I will try tonight to see if turning off tire wear has any effect in a custom race with AI opponents present. Also going to see if turning on assisted steering changes anything.

APR193
26-09-2017, 11:06
Problems still exist with tyre on/off and steering assist on/off. Definitely seems ai is the cause of the problems.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 11:48
Try these setting on controller config. the damper saturation and controller damping play the biggest part. steering, throttle and brake sensitivity at 50 is like being at zero or 1 : 1 on contoller, so if you knock it down to lets say 40 this is equivalent to minus 10 and if you put to 60 its like +10. This setup allows for quick response and forgiving opposite lock

steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
throttle deadzone 0
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 0
brake sensitivity 50
clutch N/a
speed sensitivity 95
damper saturation 75
controller damping 0

APR193
26-09-2017, 11:51
Try these setting on controller config

steering deadzone 0
steering sensitivity 50
throttle deadzone 0
throttle sensitivity 50
brake deadzone 0
brake sensitivity 50
clutch N/a
speed sensitivity 95
wheel filtering 75
controller dampening 0

Controller settings aren't the issue as the cars have no issues when running with no ai. Running with ai causes some weird bugs with the physics of quite a large number of GT cars, with many of them becoming completely undrivable.

rexg1028
26-09-2017, 11:56
Controller settings aren't the issue as the cars have no issues when running with no ai. Running with ai causes some weird bugs with the physics of quite a large number of GT cars, with many of them becoming completely undrivable.

Agreed, the controller settings are perfect without AI so there's no reason you should need different settings to play with AI.

AstroSmurf
26-09-2017, 11:58
Sorry didnt read that part, but for anyone having controller troubles this is where you need to start from

hexagram87
26-09-2017, 15:10
Yup, Iím having this issue with almost half of the cars.

hexagram87
26-09-2017, 16:37
How could a bug like this make the final release!? I can’t drive in a straight line either...

Edit: Yup, no AI the problem appears to be gone... WTF lol

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 17:13
Hey guys, could you please try if this solves the issue for you:

I've figured out what it is.

Its the speed sensitivity setting, I deleted all my saved settings and the car handling was OK.

Any change to speed sensitivity, makes the cars a twitchy undriveable mess, and the only way I can get it back to handling well again is to delete saved data again.

APR193
26-09-2017, 17:21
Hey guys, could you please try if this solves the issue for you:

As in reset my settings to default? Or delete my saved game from the console??

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 17:23
Please try the settings reset first.
Remove save game data only if this doesn't work and you're ok with losing your progress.

Important: Don't edit your controller settings after this.

APR193
26-09-2017, 17:30
Might be a couple of hours before I can give it a go but I'll update as soon as I can

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 17:42
You guys are right, the cars don't have the issue in test sessions. The issue only shows up in quick race. The lambo gt3 that I'm having so much trouble with in quick race mode drives prefect in test sessions mode.

APR193
26-09-2017, 17:49
You guys are right, the cars don't have the issue in test sessions. The issue only shows up in quick race. The lambo gt3 that I'm having so much trouble with in quick race mode drives prefect in test sessions mode.

What's frustrating (or promising I guess, depending how you look at it) is the cars in private testing are genuinely awesome. Lambo is one of my favourites I've tried, but all cars I've tried are great fun with my nearly default controller settings.

rexg1028
26-09-2017, 17:58
Remove save game data only if this doesn't work and you're ok with losing your progress.

I will try this as well, will be home in a few hours.

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 18:15
What's frustrating (or promising I guess, depending how you look at it) is the cars in private testing are genuinely awesome. Lambo is one of my favourites I've tried, but all cars I've tried are great fun with my nearly default controller settings. ............ seems that all the cars seem to feel better in test session but I havnt been on worn tires in test session yet to see if the issue starts to show on worn tires like the cars that do drive decent in quick race.

kwint1
26-09-2017, 18:22

ok reset controller options to default, changed the button bindings but did not change any controller settings ...
tested in play now race with NSX

issue was still there will try again with reset and zero changes

edit...
ok retested the nsx on the Ring GP again reset default controller and not other changes... definitely better but there is still wobble drift when making minor steering changes. it's as if the controller does not recenter the wheel when letting go of steering adjustment

Killer Bob
26-09-2017, 18:35
Hi Bealdor. Ok, i been testing for 2 days now. All testing done at Le Mans with multi-class opponents. I've gone thru all gtE, gt3 and gt1 cars, and also Lmp1 and 2 cars. The Lmp cars seem stable no matter the number of opponents like i mentioned to you before. I started off with 27 opponents in my first test, and pretty much every car in gt3, gte and gt1 were weaving along mulsane..just wandering left/right for no reason. Next time i ran thru all cars again but with only 24 opponents (same race settings), only about half the cars did the weaving, lmp's stable again. Finally i ran thru all cars for a third time with the exact race seting as first 2 tests, used 19 opponents that time and had no/minimal issues with gts, lmp's again were stable.

These are my experiences on Le Mans only. All tests done on default contoller settings, all cars with default setups no tinkering. Its not a controller issue imho. Theres probably things i've forgot to mention, but it'll have to do for now cuz i think my brain has melted and its trickling out my ear.

Peace

rexg1028
26-09-2017, 18:45
Hi Bealdor. Ok, i been testing for 2 days now. All testing done at Le Mans with multi-class opponents. I've gone thru all gtE, gt3 and gt1 cars, and also Lmp1 and 2 cars. The Lmp cars seem stable no matter the number of opponents like i mentioned to you before. I started off with 27 opponents in my first test, and pretty much every car in gt3, gte and gt1 were weaving along mulsane..just wandering left/right for no reason. Next time i ran thru all cars again but with only 24 opponents (same race settings), only about half the cars did the weaving, lmp's stable again. Finally i ran thru all cars for a third time with the exact race seting as first 2 tests, used 19 opponents that time and had no/minimal issues with gts, lmp's again were stable.

These are my experiences on Le Mans only. All tests done on default contoller settings, all cars with default setups no tinkering. Its not a controller issue imho. Theres probably things i've forgot to mention, but it'll have to do for now cuz i think my brain has melted and its trickling out my ear.

Peace

I've had the problem with as little as 15 AI cars in a quick race (GT3 class only). But I have only tested that scenario with 3 different cars (all with the same result)

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 19:56
man, the cars feel so good in private testing. Guess I can work on my setups in private test while we wait for a patch to fix this so we can race them against the AI in quick races.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 20:12
The thing is though, private testing is not the cure-all. As has been stated in previous posts, the problem doesn't exist there for most cars, but not all. The Laferrari being an example...the wobble is there in both quick race and private testing. There's something else going on here.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 20:51
Damn, is this frustrating. I really hoped that we could narrow it down better.

Peace

I forwarded this report to the devs but you guys can continue to post your findings. Every little bit helps.
Thank you for your reports everyone.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 21:00
^Thank YOU for getting on top of this and putting it in front of the right eyeballs.

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 21:08
Damn, is this frustrating. I really hoped that we could narrow it down better.

I forwarded this report to the devs but you guys can continue to post your findings. Every little bit helps.
Thank you for your reports everyone.
... you guys will figure it out before long. Relax

Killer Bob
26-09-2017, 21:24
Thanks for that Bealdor. Peace.

NeonFlux
26-09-2017, 22:30
I've just been into time trial... Brno in the GT1 mercedes clk-lm and the car just wants to go right. In private testing under the same conditions as time trial there are no issues. On the straights with no user input the car goes in a straight line but in time trial it veers to the right quite dramatically. I'm losing around 2.5 seconds a lap because of it.

EDIT.... please ignore. Its all good on time trial. Just me being a noob lol

Outlier
26-09-2017, 22:52
I haven't noticed this issue so tested the Lambo GT3 on Lemans with full field of AI cars. The car didn't drift around at all down the straight. The only think close was the car gets loose in the Porsche curves off the gas. nothing a little tuning can't fix. That's the only car I tested outside of regular career and online racing. Again, no issues w/ controls but I did get a bit of shuddering on the back side of that track and some screen tearing.

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 01:05
another video showing the drastic difference between single race =
https://youtu.be/JQuzYcJd334 and this video is from private testing=
https://youtu.be/88m2l-iboN0 sorry to post the link instead of the vids but for what ever reason the link is all I can post. Both are with default controller settings and car setups

Trippul G
27-09-2017, 01:08
I haven't noticed this issue so tested the Lambo GT3 on Lemans with full field of AI cars. The car didn't drift around at all down the straight. The only think close was the car gets loose in the Porsche curves off the gas. nothing a little tuning can't fix. That's the only car I tested outside of regular career and online racing. Again, no issues w/ controls but I did get a bit of shuddering on the back side of that track and some screen tearing.

I haven't personally tested that car, so I can't say one way or the other. But to see what we're all talking about, take the Ferrari 488 GT3 in a custom race, use the GT preset, and go to Algarve. When you're coming down that main start/finish straight, the car wanders left and right like a drunken sailor. Then do the same scenario, but in private testing. Suddenly the car has "sobered up" and drives perfectly fine.

Has anyone had any luck with changing their controller settings back to default? Or maybe someone who hasn't changed their controller settings at all could test this?

Or if someone who doesn't mind deleting their user data and doing a fresh install could test it, I'm sure we'd all be grateful. (I'd prefer not to myself...sorry guys...) :culpability:

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 01:12
I haven't personally tested that car, so I can't say one way or the other. But to see what we're all talking about, take the Ferrari 488 GT3 in a custom race, use the GT preset, and go to Algarve. When you're coming down that main start/finish straight, the car wanders left and right like a drunken sailor. Then do the same scenario, but in private testing. Suddenly the car has "sobered up" and drives perfectly fine.

Has anyone had any luck with changing their controller settings back to default? Or maybe someone who hasn't changed their controller settings at all could test this?

Or if someone who doesn't mind deleting their user data and doing a fresh install could test it, I'm sure we'd all be grateful. (I'd prefer not to myself...sorry guys...) :culpability:
.....I sat it back to default before I made the videos I posted above just to make sure and as you see it didn't help.

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 02:13
this video is from the Ferrari gt3. A car that starts off with just a hint of the issue but suddenly becomes unable to stay in a straight line. This is about 15 or so minutes into a run https://youtu.be/1KTGDC3RXII tire temps are 75 76 88 81 front to back

kwint1
27-09-2017, 06:36
ok I deleted my save file ...

booted the game and went to Spa, GP with NSX GT with a default grid (default 16) and went into a practice session and made no other changes... No Issues.. at all, after several laps.

ended session, started a race same parameters, no custom changes all out of box settings 16 in the grid still except for car, track... No Issues...

changed some camera settings in race... No issues

ended race, changed laps to 6, grid to full 32 and weather to 2... Annnd it started weaving -no changes to controller or anything else except previous camera setting changes

went back changed race to defaults 10 laps, 1 weather, but left 32 cars... Weaving again

rest all settings to default cars at 16... No Issues

restarted game set grid to 16... Weaving damn..

closed game deleted saved data again...

started game out of box settings 16 grid etc, except for NSX GT and Spa... No Issues

ended race, changed grid to 32... didn't do it until, I changed the camera VIEW, not settings, just from chase to cockpit

ended race changed back to default grid 16...No Issues

changed auto transmission to manual and speed sensitivity to 94, restarted race,...No Issues

changed steering sensitivity and controller dampening, restarted race... No Issues

ended race changes controller assignments in options restarted race, all else default except for above noted changes... No Issues

change camera settings, ...No Issues

ended race changed grid to 32... started weaving about 1/4 lap in

ended race went to defualt 16 (still have all controller and camera setting changes)...No Issues

ended race changed grid to 32... started weaving about 3/4 lap in

Killer Bob
27-09-2017, 08:07
I decided to try a new track (Hockenheim classic). I NEVER race anywhere but Le Mans in quick races so thats a big deal for me lol, i feel kind of dirty and ashamed. Anyways for testing purposes i'm doing it, same race setup as before (multi-class. lmp1 and 2, gte and gt3). 19 opponents like my successful Le Mans tests, with me starting in gt3 using the ferrari. So far no weaving issues. I'll try to go thru the rest of the gt3s today. Still just using the default controller setup and all cars will be tinker free default setups. I'm running 3 weather slots and starting practice at 2200, qualifying at 1600 and race start at 2200. Those were the times i used in my LM tests.

This weaving thing is bizare, different folks experiencing it in different circumstances. 19 seems to be the magic number for me but other ppl have probs with lower numbers of AI. It's nuts.

Peace

APR193
27-09-2017, 13:25
My results :

Deleted saved game, no settings changed, quick race at Brands Hatch in Lambo GT3, 15 (default) ai cars, no problems (did 4 laps)

Change settings (camera, button mapping etc), quick race with 15 ai no problem.

Change controller settings (steering, throttle, braking deadzones) and had no problems.

Add more ai (I went to 20) and the weaving issues returned.

Lowered ai to 15 again and problems are gone.

Killer Bob
27-09-2017, 14:13
Ya, it seems to be all about the number of AI from my testing so far but its weird, i read a comment last nite that said they saw weaving with as low as 15, but i can run 19 and it seems ok at Le Mans. Hockenheim classic i've noticed slight weaving with porsche gt3 and lambo gt3 so far, with same race settings as LM and 19 AI's. I've not worked thru all gt's yet on Hock yet, so i'll see how it goes.

Peace

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 15:08
it will be a couple of hours before I can check mine.

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 17:14
well this is what I got. If I turn on the game and go straight into a 16 grid number,,, NO issues...If I back out of the race to the menu and set it to 17 or above, the issue IS there and I cant hold it on the track....If I back out of the race to the menu and set it back to 16, the issue IS still there....If I quit the game (turn it off) and start it again (reboot it from xbox home) with 16 on the grid the issue is NOT there. So 17 and up we cant play it and once the issue shows itself at that time, you need to turn off the game and start it again to get it to disappear even with a grid of 16.

Trippul G
27-09-2017, 17:59
well this is what I got. If I turn on the game and go straight into a 16 grid number,,, NO issues...If I back out of the race to the menu and set it to 17 or above, the issue IS there and I cant hold it on the track....If I back out of the race to the menu and set it back to 16, the issue IS still there....If I quit the game (turn it off) and start it again (reboot it from xbox home) with 16 on the grid the issue is NOT there. So 17 and up we cant play it and once the issue shows itself at that time, you need to turn off the game and start it again to get it to disappear even with a grid of 16.

What is your car/track combination, out of curiosity?

rexg1028
27-09-2017, 18:57
Ok so last night I deleted my save game and started over. With only 15 AI (default) the problem is gone. Anything higher and the problem comes back.

Killer Bob
27-09-2017, 19:04
I didn't delete my save game since its been installed, but got it to run a multi class race with 19 AI's. I don't get it. At all.

APR193
27-09-2017, 19:38
I didn't delete my save game since its been installed, but got it to run a multi class race with 19 AI's. I don't get it. At all.

Perhaps its tied into how many cars in a single class. Try the same car/track with 19 ai in a single class to see if you still get no issues.

TheWheelchairDude
27-09-2017, 19:53
It seems as though it may be a bug. It seems to be much worse the more AI you have on track. It's incredibly aggravatingÖ

Killer Bob
27-09-2017, 21:38
Hi APR193, i've just finished doing your test idea. I drove the ferrari 488, lambo hurrican, porsche 911 gt endurance and the audi gt. All at Le Man in single class, all default car setups. And default controller settings. I had no weaving bud. I will try and test the rest of the gt3s but i dont expect any issues (fingers crossed). I really don't know what the problem really is, everyone gets weaving with some/all cars but with varying AI field sizes, its a headphuk.

Peace

kevin kirk
27-09-2017, 23:21
What is your car/track combination, out of curiosity?

spa multiclass with me in a gt3 and the other class touring car.

Tomghost
28-09-2017, 05:36
I happen to the same also with the Audi r8 lms and the gt3 go from left to right can not be controlled in a straight line

breyzipp
28-09-2017, 06:27
I haven't read through all pages here but are you guys sure it's not because of wind on the track? PCARS 2 does simulate wind as well, during the loading screen of a race (or maybe in the pit box) you see on the top of the screen the strength and direction of wind. I assume a strong sidewind on straights would result in a car not staying in a straight line by itself.

Time trials are IMO the best place to test the cars, it's always sunny and ideal conditions.

Killer Bob
28-09-2017, 06:44
Hi breyzzip,

I'm positive its not wind, i've run 3.5 days testing in various weather conditions all in full race weekends, i've never been in time trials or private testing. Wind has been as low as 1-2 mph and it still happens. Its got something to do with number of AI. It seems fine with me at 19 opponents, others have problems with less

LukeC1991
29-09-2017, 16:55
So this has just started happening to me today. It seems each new day a new problem crops up. I can’t play career because it deletes it, I can’t play online because the game doesn’t let me join sessions and now I can’t do custom races because the car weaves all over the place. I’m trying so hard to love this game but it’s becoming a freaking joke. I paid £50 for this pile of junk? I’m running very low on patience.

If the problem is due to how much AI we have, then why was I able to run 32 car multiclass grid at Le Mans last week with no issues. Now I can’t even run 20 cars.

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 17:37
I haven't read through all pages here but are you guys sure it's not because of wind on the track? PCARS 2 does simulate wind as well, during the loading screen of a race (or maybe in the pit box) you see on the top of the screen the strength and direction of wind. I assume a strong sidewind on straights would result in a car not staying in a straight line by itself.

Time trials are IMO the best place to test the cars, it's always sunny and ideal conditions................
there is some video on a couple of pages but no it not the wind. 16 on the grid the car handles great. set it to 17 and the car jumps off the track and is unable to go in a straight line. I really hope they get a handle on this. Not being able to do a full grid is one thing but not being able to do over 16 is something else. A serious something else.

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 17:46
So this has just started happening to me today. It seems each new day a new problem crops up. I can’t play career because it deletes it, I can’t play online because the game doesn’t let me join sessions and now I can’t do custom races because the car weaves all over the place. I’m trying so hard to love this game but it’s becoming a freaking joke. I paid £50 for this pile of junk? I’m running very low on patience.

If the problem is due to how much AI we have, then why was I able to run 32 car multiclass grid at Le Mans last week with no issues. Now I can’t even run 20 cars.
...... I did a 16 car field 1 hour race last night and had the best race I have ever had in any game. Well exempt for the graphics, but it was still a good fun race. Its just really weird that adding even one more car totally flips a switch and makes the cars uncontrollable. Surely they will get it fixed at some point. Its not like they can just leave us with only being able to race only 16 of the available grid number in the game. On some tracks thats just half the available grid for that track.

Killer Bob
29-09-2017, 18:02
Maybe its a combination of number of ai's and track selection, i dont understand it bud, but i'm still running 19 at le Mans with no issues. I know Bealdor forwarded my post of testing results to the devs so i'm sure they know about the issue. I really hope they can figure it out soon, too many ppl are being affected

Peace

kevin kirk
29-09-2017, 18:15
Maybe its a combination of number of ai's and track selection, i dont understand it bud, but i'm still running 19 at le Mans with no issues. I know Bealdor forwarded my post of testing results to the devs so i'm sure they know about the issue. I really hope they can figure it out soon, too many ppl are being affected

Peace

I'm actually looking forward to watching this game mature and get better and better thur updates and fixes. Its sort of interesting

Knight451
30-09-2017, 11:07
Just want to chime in and say I'm experiencing the same thing in the GT3 cars. Haven't experienced it in GTE or the high downforce cars like the LMPs or Formula A cars. The McLaren 650S GT3 doesn't seem to suffer from it at all however which is odd, I've found it happens in all the others to varying degrees.

Edit: just read a few more replies and I have had the same experience with the AI. It seems to be directly related because it never happens during private practice sessions even when the conditions are an exact match. Doesn't happen when I'm just racing friends either, can't remember if it's happened in a multiplayer race though.

Demand570
30-09-2017, 15:45
I played it at Sugo ,after hiting speeds over 100mph it would go all over the place,could it be due to wind?,but I deff noticed this on different vehicles and tracks.Check tire pressures on each wheel,if they ar'ent equal it will pull

Trippul G
30-09-2017, 17:16
It's not wind or tire pressures. The affected cars behave normally under identical conditions, the only difference being there are no AI on track. The one exception I've found has been the Laferrari, which seems to do it in all situations, no matter what.

Killer Bob
30-09-2017, 17:35
Agreed. LaFerrari is like driving blindfolded on ice, after downing a bottle of tequila.

kevin kirk
01-10-2017, 00:45
so turning all visuals off beside dirt and drops I have got it up to 21 before the issue shows,, gt3 same car grid summer 2x time 1 weather event.

kevin kirk
01-10-2017, 01:28
so turning all visuals off beside dirt and drops I have got it up to 21 before the issue shows,, gt3 same car grid summer 2x time 1 weather event.

well scratch that, after 10 minutes and the tires started to get the smallest amount of wear I'm back to weaving from one side of the track to the other like I'm drunk.

Trippul G
01-10-2017, 01:41
well scratch that, after 10 minutes and the tires started to get the smallest amount of wear I'm back to weaving from one side of the track to the other like I'm drunk.

For the heck of it, the other day, I decided to try a GT3 race at Algarve in the 911 Enduro. 24 (29?) opponents...whatever the GT preset defaults to. 20 lap race. Initially, the weaving/wandering down the straights wasn't TOO bad, it was annoying, but I could deal with it. As the race wore on, it definitely became more noticeable and more difficult to correct for...to the point where as I was going through the faster corners and had full steerng lock applied, I could feel the car lurching in the direction of the turn (which does wonders for stability!) Needless to say, there were a lot of missed apexes (which I can do all on my own, thanks very much :rolleyes:)

Tried the same race again with exactly the same settings but with 11 AI, and unsurprisingly, things were brilliant.

kevin kirk
01-10-2017, 05:37
For the heck of it, the other day, I decided to try a GT3 race at Algarve in the 911 Enduro. 24 (29?) opponents...whatever the GT preset defaults to. 20 lap race. Initially, the weaving/wandering down the straights wasn't TOO bad, it was annoying, but I could deal with it. As the race wore on, it definitely became more noticeable and more difficult to correct for...to the point where as I was going through the faster corners and had full steerng lock applied, I could feel the car lurching in the direction of the turn (which does wonders for stability!) Needless to say, there were a lot of missed apexes (which I can do all on my own, thanks very much :rolleyes:)

Tried the same race again with exactly the same settings but with 11 AI, and unsurprisingly, things were brilliant.
.........isn't it weird that simply adding one more AI car to the grid makes the cars wobble and jerk from one side of the track to the other? I could understand setting it on 31 and it destroying the handling, but just adding one more car seems very strange. Hope they find what is causing this and fix it.

malcster
01-10-2017, 16:58
So is the amount of ai cars causing issues track dependent or is the same across all tracks

kevin kirk
01-10-2017, 22:47
So is the amount of ai cars causing issues track dependent or is the same across all tracks

Every track I have ran on has this. Its 16 AI the handling is great. 17 AI Handling becomes jerking from one side of the track to the other like you are using a huge deadzone number setting or something. All the cars I drove GT, lmp were bad but some were worse than others. If they wasn't undrivable from the start then they became undrivable in a couple of laps.

rexg1028
02-10-2017, 18:28
Every track I have ran on has this. Its 16 AI the handling is great. 17 AI Handling becomes jerking from one side of the track to the other like you are using a huge deadzone number setting or something. All the cars I drove GT, lmp were bad but some were worse than others. If they wasn't undrivable from the start then they became undrivable in a couple of laps.

This is exactly the same experience I've had. For now, I'm just doing races with 15 AI... definitely not ideal but better than uncontrollable cars. But you are right though, some cars are worse than others, and a few take a lap or two to start the weaving, but it always shows up and only gets worse it seems. If this can't be fixed on the regular XBOX1, I really hope the X will fix it...

kevin kirk
02-10-2017, 18:42
This is exactly the same experience I've had. For now, I'm just doing races with 15 AI... definitely not ideal but better than uncontrollable cars. But you are right though, some cars are worse than others, and a few take a lap or two to start the weaving, but it always shows up and only gets worse it seems. If this can't be fixed on the regular XBOX1, I really hope the X will fix it...

i have had some great races just using the default grid of 16. I'm sure they will find something to solve this issue. Like I said, not being able to race with 17 AI is a big issue and isn't like were trying to do 31 AI

dreampage
02-10-2017, 18:55
Video about the handling / physics problem:

Catalunya, Porsche 911 GT3 Endurance, warm tires, no damage, default setup.

1st video: Career qualifying session. Please look at the straights, especially the start-finish straight. The car constantly pulls to one side, all I do is try to counter-steer, it's hugely annoying. There are 24 cars on track so it may be the cause (too much load on the game engine?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hplx2IJUk

2nd video: Same car, same track, same setup, Private Test (only car on track), start-finish straight. No problems whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2a6TPiaQs

I also have to add that every car behaves differently during tests than in career / race mode. Cars handle much smoother and are generally more stable, not as nervous in corners compared to when there are many cars on track.

BSNismo
02-10-2017, 19:47
It's a problem with custom race for me. Online is fine apart from the lag spikes but I don't get the wandering down the straights like custom race. It actually nearly put me off the game when I first tried the game as the physics are all over the place when it happens, you also get chronic understeer.

LukeC1991
03-10-2017, 00:37
To everyone saying itís down to the amount of AI on track, I do agree with you, thatís what Iíve experienced. However, last night I had the same problem in private testing for the first time. I was driving the La Ferrari. So I wonder if itís a bigger issue than just the amount of AI on track? I can drive some cars on a 32 car full grid and get zero weaving, but the worst for me is GT3 and GT1.

Trippul G
03-10-2017, 02:33
To everyone saying it’s down to the amount of AI on track, I do agree with you, that’s what I’ve experienced. However, last night I had the same problem in private testing for the first time. I was driving the La Ferrari. So I wonder if it’s a bigger issue than just the amount of AI on track? I can drive some cars on a 32 car full grid and get zero weaving, but the worst for me is GT3 and GT1.

Several others, myself included, have noted that about the LaFerrari. So far, as far as I know, it's the only car that exhibits the "wobble" in all situations, whereas all the other cars that exhibit the problem with high numbers of AI around, are perfectly fine in Private Testing.

kevin kirk
03-10-2017, 04:40
Video about the handling / physics problem:

Catalunya, Porsche 911 GT3 Endurance, warm tires, no damage, default setup.

1st video: Career qualifying session. Please look at the straights, especially the start-finish straight. The car constantly pulls to one side, all I do is try to counter-steer, it's hugely annoying. There are 24 cars on track so it may be the cause (too much load on the game engine?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5hplx2IJUk

2nd video: Same car, same track, same setup, Private Test (only car on track), start-finish straight. No problems whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq2a6TPiaQs

I also have to add that every car behaves differently during tests than in career / race mode. Cars handle much smoother and are generally more stable, not as nervous in corners compared to when there are many cars on track.

I am really you posted this and its exactly what I'm feeling with any amount of AI over the default 16.

Grassy
04-10-2017, 08:51
OK, so I posted earlier in the thread that the McLaren 720S felt like an absolute pig to drive with a controller(this was after a few minor adjustments in the controller settings) but I 100% fixed it by deleting my controller settings config in the Project Cars 2 folder in "My Documents" on my PC and not touching them at all afterwards in-game. It feels like a new game now and the cars handle exactly as I'd expect them too, the 720S feels so good to drive now where before it felt like a boat. I tried a race with 20+ AI and a 'Private Testing" race but there were no differences at all in the handling for me with the default controller settings.

It must be a bug where any tweaking of the controller settings breaks the handling of the cars, even the cars I thought felt OK to drive before now feel much better too.

This is on PC with an Xbox One Elite controller btw.

Killer Bob
04-10-2017, 10:30
Several others, myself included, have noted that about the LaFerrari. So far, as far as I know, it's the only car that exhibits the "wobble" in all situations, whereas all the other cars that exhibit the problem with high numbers of AI around, are perfectly fine in Private Testing.

Agreed Trippul G, the LaFerrari is totally fubar, i noticed it when i did the ferrari achievement. Gave up on LaFerrari and just used different car.

GothicMatt
05-10-2017, 00:51
pit stops taking ages before your car is released and you dont see your car getting filled up with fuel and struggling to control the ford stock cars aswell as indycars as they seem to keep turning left even though ive set the steering and it even happens when i leave the pits, ive tried The Formula X cars they work fine and so do the Formula A cars, not tried any of the other series cars as yet as only got the game 2 days ago

Killer Bob
05-10-2017, 01:50
Hi GothicMatt

Not sure, but the indycars have two setups, if you are using the oval racing one i'm guessing the pulling to the left is the wheel camber being set for left-turn racing. I could be wrong, i've not tried them, I'm more into prototypes and gt's so i'm just guessing. The gt's weaving seems to be tied into number of ai's selected though. You said you had set the steering, did you check cambers? Just curious.

Peace

kevin kirk
08-10-2017, 00:15
Well I have tried everyway and combination to race with a small grid of over 16 cars and have the car stay in a straight line and it simply wont do it. Even so much as added one more car just changes it into a car that undrivable in a straight line. Has anyone found any work around we can use until they get this fixed?

GothicMatt
08-10-2017, 01:12
Hi GothicMatt

Not sure, but the indycars have two setups, if you are using the oval racing one i'm guessing the pulling to the left is the wheel camber being set for left-turn racing. I could be wrong, i've not tried them, I'm more into prototypes and gt's so i'm just guessing. The gt's weaving seems to be tied into number of ai's selected though. You said you had set the steering, did you check cambers? Just curious.

Peace

Yeah ive checked them and i do not know what they should be set at

Trippul G
08-10-2017, 01:48
Well I have tried everyway and combination to race with a small grid of over 16 cars and have the car stay in a straight line and it simply wont do it. Even so much as added one more car just changes it into a car that undrivable in a straight line. Has anyone found any work around we can use until they get this fixed?

I've basically stuck to doing GT races with 12 car grids (haven't tried going higher, but 12 seems to work well at every track I've tried so far).

What's bizarre though, is that today, I did a manufacturer event for Ginetta in their GT3 machine at Snetterton 300, and there were 22 (?) cars on track...and it was raining...in practice, quali, and the race the car felt fine, totally predictable, no wonky wandering or wobbling. I just don't it. :confused:

DECATUR PLAYA
08-10-2017, 04:00
Hi GothicMatt

Peace

^Exactly. IndyCars and stockcars with oval setups are designed to go left because of the camber used to go left. You have to use a little counter steer to keep them straight in straights. Remove the camber and those cars can't take those oval turns at high speeds because the camber increases the contact patch thru the turns.

For other cars guys are probably OVERDRIVING the car. Try not touching the thumbstick after you set the car to go straight. Cars with sensitive steering will veer with the slightest movement of the stick. Once you veer once you will be overcorrecting all the way down the straight.

Killer Bob
08-10-2017, 05:11
Hi Decature Playa

No bud, its not the sensitive car steering, the cars weave without touching the stick/wheel. Its something to do with ai numbers. I did 3.5 days non stop testing the gt's trying every possible race setup (prototypes seem stable from my testing), and posted results earlier in this topic, you can read thru the thread.. Others have donne tests confirming the problem and one of the mods submitted my post of results to the developers. Its ai numbers, nothing else causes the weaving.

Peace

DECATUR PLAYA
08-10-2017, 06:09
^Gotcha

I have never raced offline so I wouldn't know about this problem. Good info

Killer Bob
08-10-2017, 06:49
No problem Decatur, i just hope they can fix it in one of the patches, its a bit of a bummer

Cheers

kevin kirk
09-10-2017, 01:06
No problem Decatur, i just hope they can fix it in one of the patches, its a bit of a bummer

Cheers

the best it will do is with is 23 grid and no tire or fuel usage seems to work decent for me. If I turn the tire wear after a couple of laps its back wondering side to side and if I turn the fuel on after a couple of laps it will pretty much jerk side to side. I'm speaking about only on the straights does this problem shows up

kevin kirk
09-10-2017, 01:20
Hi Decature Playa

No bud, its not the sensitive car steering, the cars weave without touching the stick/wheel. Its something to do with ai numbers. I did 3.5 days non stop testing the gt's trying every possible race setup (prototypes seem stable from my testing), and posted results earlier in this topic, you can read thru the thread.. Others have donne tests confirming the problem and one of the mods submitted my post of results to the developers. Its ai numbers, nothing else causes the weaving.

Peace
....not that it has anything to do with this issue but I was wondering when your gameplay starts to slow down? For me on 31 its literally in slow motion, 30, its still noticeable slow and the wheel animation is also slow, but 28 or 29 it seems to run at a decent speed as far as the sense of speed. I was just wondering if that was similar to what you was getting also.

Tankmillion
09-10-2017, 03:13
I canít seem to go straight with the Audi R8 gt3 either. It starts to veer the wrong way before a turn so when I turn into the corner the car thinks Iím doing a Scandinavian flick and spins out. Wtf.... only been happening recently

Killer Bob
09-10-2017, 20:37
Hi Kevin,

I've not noticed the game slowing down, but thats probably cuz since i found the magic number of ai's on track (19 for me somehow), i haven't adjusted the number - im too scared incase it screws everything up again lol. I couldn't face grinding thru all my tests again, i already wasted 3.5 days of my life getting it to work last time around. If i had to do it again i think i'd snap - and that means the disc would snap too...

Peace

Gav88888
10-10-2017, 15:03
I have noticed when doing qualifying in say an R8 GT3 getting in 2:21 at Spa for example consistently, and the car feeling really good I would save it as a favourite, if I then turn the Xbox off and come back later, loaded the favourite and re-done exactly the same race, time of day, car, conditions etc, the car would feel like a bag of **** and is a struggle to go in a straight line... I turned it off again, back on and it's the same... Gave up after that but not sure if there is some kind of rotation on track conditions and 1 in say 5 is perfect conditions and that is when the car feels great?

Also as others have said, Private Testing/Time Trial is ******* awesome with the cars, they feel really nice and I love driving them, but as soon as you do Quali or a Race etc they turn to **** generally... Why can't they replicate the Private Testing/Time Trial settings for Quali and Race, yeah I know its supposed to be ideal conditions but why not have the same in a race, surely if its a summers day, midday and clear skies or a little cloud then that is ideal?

Killer Bob
10-10-2017, 15:12
Lol bud, it doesn't bother me, but you should watch the language...mods here don't like potty mouth, its an excuse for the thread to get closed or get you banned. But i feel your pain, believe me.

Peace

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 15:15
^Pretty sure what you're experiencing is not due to variance in weather or track conditions, but as has been outlined earlier in this thread, seems to somehow be related to the number of AI present in the session. Below a certain number (which seems to vary slightly depending on track and other conditions but tends to be around ~ 16 or so), the cars generally seem to handle and behave as expected. Once the number of AI exceeds this number, the player's car tends to wander/wobble/weave, most noticeably on straightaways. This behavior is generally non-existent in Private Testing, with the one exception I've found being the LaFerrari, which tends to bob and weave like this in every scenario and game mode I've tried.

Gav88888
10-10-2017, 15:19
Lol bud, it doesn't bother me, but you should watch the language...mods here don't like potty mouth, its an excuse for the thread to get closed or get you banned. But i feel your pain, believe me.

Peace

Oops my bad, corrected :)

Gav88888
10-10-2017, 15:23
^Pretty sure what you're experiencing is not due to variance in weather or track conditions, but as has been outlined earlier in this thread, seems to somehow be related to the number of AI present in the session. Below a certain number (which seems to vary slightly depending on track and other conditions but tends to be around ~ 16 or so), the cars generally seem to handle and behave as expected. Once the number of AI exceeds this number, the player's car tends to wander/wobble/weave, most noticeably on straightaways. This behavior is generally non-existent in Private Testing, with the one exception I've found being the LaFerrari, which tends to bob and weave like this in every scenario and game mode I've tried.

Ok thanks mate, I will test it again tonight with 5 cars just to prove it to myself its that, although others have said already.

On a side note, I noticed something funny, old Monza oval track in the Sauber Group C lemans car flat out at 380 or so it bounces off the ground haha, quite funny on replay.

kevin kirk
10-10-2017, 16:01

some cars like the lambo gt3 and audi gt3 have the issue if any cars are on track. They start out decent then begin to have the issue when the tires wear and the full is used.

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 20:41
some cars like the lambo gt3 and audi gt3 have the issue if any cars are on track. They start out decent then begin to have the issue when the tires wear and the full is used.

Weird. That hasn't been my experience at all. I just did an 8-lap custom race with the Lambo GT3 at the COTA GP Circuit. 11 opponents, 60/50 AI (default), Clear weather, race starting @ 16:00 on July 29, quali session for 10 minutes at 13:00, also Clear weather.

Felt awesome. No wandering or wobble throughout quali nor at any point in the race, and tire wear and fuel usage are both set to Authentic.

Did exactly the same configuration, only with the Audi GT3 (non-endurance version), and same results...felt great, no wobble or wandering.

This is so freaking bizarre. I'll try again with higher AI count and see what happens.

*edit*
So I continued with the above-described scenario, testing various AI counts with the Huracan GT3:

29=wobbles
24=wobbles
19=slight wobbles, and only rarely
14=totally fine

So, 19 seems to be where I first start to see any sign of it in this scenario. It gets progressively worse until 23, which becomes so pronounced that it's essentially unplayable.

One thing to note is that I was only doing the 10 minute quali session for each AI count, so perhaps it's possible that these issues would present themselves in scenarios that otherwise feel fine if I ran a longer session where more tire wear and fuel burnoff were to take place.

Konan
10-10-2017, 20:50

Peace

It has nothing to do with us not liking the language (believe me i had to restrain from using some nastier words the past few days) but the game (as well as this forum) is PEGI 3...
Getting the thread closed or banned for that is not going to happen...we usually notify the user of said language to edit it out or do it ourselves...
If you did see someone get banned than that is probably for using that language in accordance to breaking some other rule...

kevin kirk
11-10-2017, 01:22
Weird. That hasn't been my experience at all. I just did an 8-lap custom race with the Lambo GT3 at the COTA GP Circuit. 11 opponents, 60/50 AI (default), Clear weather, race starting @ 16:00 on July 29, quali session for 10 minutes at 13:00, also Clear weather.

Felt awesome. No wandering or wobble throughout quali nor at any point in the race, and tire wear and fuel usage are both set to Authentic.

Did exactly the same configuration, only with the Audi GT3 (non-endurance version), and same results...felt great, no wobble or wandering.

This is so freaking bizarre. I'll try again with higher AI count and see what happens.

All the cars have some level of this that I have drove in quick race but The lambo gt3, audi gt3 and might as well throw the Porsche gt3 in there also are the worst cars this effects for me. The other cars show their demons with 17 and over but those three cars. Once the tires get wear and a good bit of fuel burns off just simply wont stay straight no matter if its 16 or not (note that if you turn fuel and tire wear off the issue doesn't start happening). Its interesting that all 3 of those cars have engines in the back. So right out of the box something is going on with the handling. Cant exactly just chalk it up to something we have to live with because of hardwear because then that leaves us 3 ultra important,badass cars we have been waiting to get, not able to be raced period. Well with tire and fuel wear on anyway. Note that I have all the visual effects already turned off

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 04:00
Hmm, you're right, I hadn't noticed it in the Porsche before with supposedly "safe" AI numbers.

Just took the 911 GT3 Enduro around COTA GP, same conditions as noted above in my previous tests, did a 30 minute timed race. It never got to the point where the car was undriveable, but I would say it did start having a minor effect on laptimes.

I didn't notice anything until about lap 6, going into turn 11 (the small straight going into the hairpin before the long back straight). It didn't really seem to get worse though, and it didn't seem to be there all the time...it felt like only once in a while would I get a little wobble, but it was pretty easily corrected for...nothing like the car behaved with say 29 AI, for example.

For the record, I dialed Toe In to -0.1, put on an extra click of front downforce, and closed down my brake ducts to 45 front and 35 rear.

Also, in case it makes a difference, my controller settings are as follows:

Steering Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 33
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 10
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 10
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 25
Speed Sensitivity: 95
Damper Saturation: 100
Controller Damping: 100
Controller Vibration: 100
Minimum Shift Time: 0
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Authenticity
Steering Assistance: No
Braking Assistance: No
Driving Assists: Authentic
Damage Type: Full Damage
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire Wear: Authentic
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Start Engine: Yes
Rules & Penalties: On
Manual Pit Stop: Yes
Pit Stop Cinematic Cameras: Off
Manual Cool down Lap: Off
Manual Rolling Start: No
Radio Subtitles: On

Playing on a Forza Motorsport 6 branded Xbox One, using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (recognized in game as "Model: Xbox One Wireless Controller Default"), Auto Clutch On, Manual Gearing. Driving using Bonnet cam, Driving Line On.

Visuals:
Post Processing Filters:On
Exterior Sun Flare: None
Interior Sun Flare: Subtle
Bloom: On
Heat Haze: On
Exposure Comp: 1.00
Rain Drops: Yes
Vignette: No
Crepuscular Rays: Yes
Screen Dirt: Yes
Cockpit Mirrors: On

Not sure what other relevant information I could give, but that's about all I can think of at the moment.

kevin kirk
11-10-2017, 04:27
Hmm, you're right, I hadn't noticed it in the Porsche before with supposedly "safe" AI numbers.

Just took the 911 GT3 Enduro around COTA GP, same conditions as noted above in my previous tests, did a 30 minute timed race. It never got to the point where the car was undriveable, but I would say it did start having a minor effect on laptimes.

I didn't notice anything until about lap 6, going into turn 11 (the small straight going into the hairpin before the long back straight). It didn't really seem to get worse though, and it didn't seem to be there all the time...it felt like only once in a while would I get a little wobble, but it was pretty easily corrected for...nothing like the car behaved with say 29 AI, for example.

For the record, I dialed Toe In to -0.1, put on an extra click of front downforce, and closed down my brake ducts to 45 front and 35 rear.

Also, in case it makes a difference, my controller settings are as follows:

Steering Deadzone: 5
Steering Sensitivity: 33
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 10
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 10
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 25
Speed Sensitivity: 95
Damper Saturation: 100
Controller Damping: 100
Controller Vibration: 100
Minimum Shift Time: 0
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Playing on a Forza Motorsport 6 branded Xbox One, using an Xbox Elite Wireless Controller (recognized in game as "Model: Xbox One Wireless Controller Default"), Auto Clutch On, Manual Gearing. Driving using Bonnet cam, Driving Line On.

Visuals:
Post Processing Filters:On
Exterior Sun Flare: None
Interior Sun Flare: Subtle
Bloom: On
Heat Haze: On
Exposure Comp: 1.00
Rain Drops: Yes
Vignette: No
Crepuscular Rays: Yes
Screen Dirt: Yes
Cockpit Mirrors: On

Not sure what other relevant information I could give, but that's about all I can think of at the moment.

.....I just tried it on 16 make sure I wasn't mistaken and those 3 cars did indeed just started driving their self the more the tires get worn. The car starts to majorly pulling to one side then the other side with the counter steer trying to hold it on track becomes more and more super sensitive and the car just collapse into a jerking mess that I'm barely able to hold it on the track before I have to just quit the race. Also I'm using accelerated tire wear setting.

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 04:46
Out of curiosity, about how much tread life does it indicate you have left before you start noticing the issue? In my test with normal wear, I got to lap 6 around COTA, and though it's hard to tell from just looking at the icon, I'd say I had probably about 90% tread life left, give or take. Did your wobbles get worse over time? Mine didn't seem to. I wonder if using accelerated wear, in addition to the obvious effect of speeding up wear, is somehow doing something to magnify whatever kind of miscalculation that's going on.

kevin kirk
11-10-2017, 15:43
Out of curiosity, about how much tread life does it indicate you have left before you start noticing the issue? In my test with normal wear, I got to lap 6 around COTA, and though it's hard to tell from just looking at the icon, I'd say I had probably about 90% tread life left, give or take. Did your wobbles get worse over time? Mine didn't seem to. I wonder if using accelerated wear, in addition to the obvious effect of speeding up wear, is somehow doing something to magnify whatever kind of miscalculation that's going on.

i think this shows up on those 3 cars (lambogt3,audigt3,porschegt3) were others don't on 16 is because the issue effects those cars more than the others for what ever reason. The other gt/lmp cars do this at 17 cars.Were as these 3 it happenes on 16. I have no idea about how much wear other than accelerated with a one hour time race the AI will start pitting at 40 minutes. I cant make it to 25 or 30 minutes before i just have to quit because I cant hold it on the track (default setup minus alittle front downforce). I don't even see the tire wear thing showing any tire wear. When I'm saying "issue" I not talking about just slightly floating left and right. I'm talking about the car gradually begins to full on turn itself left and right and driving you off track more and more until I just spin or just cant keep it on track anymore or have to stop to simply bite the corner of my TV out of frustration.

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 08:42
Just a small heads up. I haven't forgotten about you guys. :)

It'd be great if you could do another testrun on this issue as soon as patch 2.0 drops for XB1.
This one will include performance improvements when running with high AI numbers.
This is mainly done to fix the lap times issue (lap times increase when racing against many AI opponents) but my guess is that it could also solve the controller issue as a side effect.

I guess we should test the following scenarios:

Test 1

- Completely remove your profile and all saves
- Don't change your controller settings for this test
- Try a car/track combo where you know that this would happen at specific conditions before patch 2.0
- Make sure to load one of the SMS created car setups ("stable" recommended) before hitting the track
- Start with a lower number of opponents and increase it with every new test session
- Report your findings here

Test 2

- Same as Test 1 BUT adjust your controller settings before running the test

Test 3

- Same as Test 1 BUT do not delete your saves/profile and feel free to adjust your controller settings before running the test

Best case scenario: We get confirmation that this issue is fixed with patch 2.0.
Worst case scenario: We can further isolate the issue to fix it with another patch.

Looking forward to your reports gentlemen.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you shouldn't feel obligated to do all those tests (or any of those at all). But IF you want to help out just run one of those tests and post your report.
If you're not willing to delete your saves that's totally fine.

Killer Bob
12-10-2017, 08:55
OH MAH GAWD, you're killing me Bealdor. But ok i'll do it.

Peace

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 08:59
OH MAH GAWD, you're killing me Bealdor. But ok i'll do it.

Peace

I edited my post. You don't need to do all of those tests (or any at all) if you don't want to. Just choose one to your liking.

Your help is much appreciated. :cool:

Killer Bob
12-10-2017, 09:02
Lol, it's all good, i was going to run my tests again anyway once Microslow gave us the patch. Cheers

Gav88888
12-10-2017, 09:27
People are saying 16 cars seems to be when issues start happening with the car weaving side to side. I have experienced it myself. But have you noticed that online play and also the career races I have done so far they are limited to 16 cars.

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 09:30
People are saying 16 cars seems to be when issues start happening with the car weaving side to side. I have experienced it myself. But have you noticed that online play and also the career races I have done so far they are limited to 16 cars.

Has nothing to do with this though, especially since in MP your opponents' physics calculations are done on their consoles, not yours.
And there are lots of series in career mode that are running larger grids.

dreampage
12-10-2017, 09:46

There are many disciplines in career where there are way more than 16 cars on the crack. 22, 24, in some cases the field consists of 28 cars. The game simply can't handle this much (or at least Xbox One can't), leading to this control anomaly. I doubt it will get fixed. You can fix it by playing on Xbox One X.

Riotus
12-10-2017, 11:07
Firstly, thank you very much to everyone for troubleshooting this, as I picked up the game yesterday and I experienced this issue straight away. So I registered here to see if anyone else had the same issue, and right enough, I'm not going crazy ��

I experienced the problem on Xbox One, with standard controller at Laguna Seca , all AI cars possible (can't remember the actual number) whilst driving the McLaren 720s.

Will look to try some of the new ideas posted here and feedback. Cheers!

PervasiveFall8
12-10-2017, 11:19
There are many disciplines in career where there are way more than 16 cars on the crack. 22, 24, in some cases the field consists of 28 cars. The game simply can't handle this much (or at least Xbox One can't), leading to this control anomaly. I doubt it will get fixed. You can fix it by playing on Xbox One X.

This said. Indy car with 24 AI plus you for 25 doesnít have the same problem as say GT3 in career (not sure how many cars were on track in GT3- it was pain ful enough to where Iíve not played it again since 1st play through 40hours of game play ago. Iíve done Indy career 3 times.

Just tossing that out there for consideration because I know itís 25 cars well over the 16 - so sometimes is different with that career?

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 13:14
Yeah, I'm not buying that it's purely a hardware based issue. GT3 cars in general seem to be limited to ~16 opponents before going bonkers, yet as has been mentioned, that number can go far higher with other series in career for example, with no such issues. I've personally been running a Ginetta Jr career with 20-something total competitors, and that car's been handling beautifully the whole time.

To me, it seems like there's some kind of miscalculation that occurs which is especially pronounced in certain cars such as GT3s, the LaFerrari, etc, and that miscalculation seems to be cumulative over time, and is apparently somehow related to tire and fuel wear.

I'd actually like to see a test done with a known affected car, with a constant number of AI that is known to be "bad" (say 25 maybe), with fuel use on and off, as well as tire wear on/off/accelerated. Sounds like I just volunteered. :nonchalance:

Zeem
12-10-2017, 19:09
Also experienced this on the GP+Nord in multiclass earlier. Really hope this can be fixed.

Nint
12-10-2017, 21:57
This one will include performance improvements when running with high AI numbers.
This is mainly done to fix the lap times issue (lap times increase when racing against many AI opponents) but my guess is that it could also solve the controller issue as a side effect.

This is music to my ears! :)
Can't wait to test if this bug has truly been fixed once the patch drops, then.
(I won't delete my saves though! :D)

Out of curiosity, what setup have we been using on console the whole time, so that I'm sure that car is the same as it was pre-patch? Stable, loose or a mix of both, depending on the car? I'm going to assume stable but you never know! :)

kevin kirk
12-10-2017, 22:49
Will do some testing soon as we get the patch.

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 04:38
This is music to my ears! :)
Can't wait to test if this bug has truly been fixed once the patch drops, then.
(I won't delete my saves though! :D)

Out of curiosity, what setup have we been using on console the whole time, so that I'm sure that car is the same as it was pre-patch? Stable, loose or a mix of both, depending on the car? I'm going to assume stable but you never know! :)

Stable.

Roushman624
13-10-2017, 06:16
Just waiting for the patch so I can finally race again without crashing violently for no reason...

RookieRaceline
13-10-2017, 11:27
Just took the Porsche GT3 around silverstone - is it normal that it pivots from one side to an other on fast straights, or should i take a look at my dead zones for the controller?

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 11:30
With or without AI opponents? Any against how many?

Roushman624
13-10-2017, 11:40
I have the same problem with 16 or more AI. It seems without the AI it's fine.

RookieRaceline
13-10-2017, 11:48
it's with AI - will give it a try with solo driving

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 11:52
Thanks for confirmation.

Threads merged.

APR193
14-10-2017, 13:45
From a brief test with the new patch.

Brands hatch, Lambo GT3, 29 AI, no weaving on the straights. However, still feels very weird with high ai numbers. Steering becomes way too sensitive over 15 ai and the car is no fun to drive. Very different from how it handles in private testing and with 15 or less ai

Edit - Porsche GT3 is the same. Weaving is fixed but the car feels weird. Much harder to explain than the weaving was, as its much less obvious to me what is happening. But the same thing causes it, 16 or more ai on track

Zeem
14-10-2017, 14:18
Did a 30-car race on the Nordschleife and also had no weaving on the straights, woo. I agree there's still some quirkiness to the handling but nothing I can't control.

APR193
14-10-2017, 14:23
From a brief test with the new patch.

Brands hatch, Lambo GT3, 29 AI, no weaving on the straights. However, still feels very weird with high ai numbers. Steering becomes way too sensitive over 15 ai and the car is no fun to drive. Very different from how it handles in private testing and with 15 or less ai

Edit - Porsche GT3 is the same. Weaving is fixed but the car feels weird. Much harder to explain than the weaving was, as its much less obvious to me what is happening. But the same thing causes it, 16 or more ai on track

This affecting cars that it wasn't before the patch. Panoz is now suffering this issue, although its more sutble than the GT3 cars. Had no problems at all running 32 cars grids with the Panoz before the patch.

Formula A is where it is most obvious (from what I've tried). It literally bounces when you turn, is completely undrivable with more than 15 ai. The others turn in faster than you expect and feel like to inside wheels are about to lift off the ground, and it sorts of feels wobbly (hard to explain it), the FA bounces around the corner. They all seem to feel pretty bad with high ai numbers, but the FA will be the one that can show it off best

APR193
14-10-2017, 17:01
Another note on this, the LaFerrari seems to be unfixed with its weaving, even in private testing

Tomghost
14-10-2017, 17:41
Even the problem with the address with the pad is still there ..... with more than 15 AI starts to go from side to side

Krylon Blue
15-10-2017, 04:47
Still happening with the Honda Indy Car too. I can’t control the car with my controller or G920 because on both it does a sudden whip to one side and spins out the car

kevin kirk
15-10-2017, 04:52
All of the cars I was having trouble with were fixed but now it seems the tires show to be getting really hot really fast without showing any effects on the handling. With tire wear off I ran a hour race with perfectly good handling car with my tires running 125 degrees with smoke from them in the rear view mirror.

Tomghost
15-10-2017, 05:16
with more than 15 AI the car becomes really sensitive

APR193
15-10-2017, 13:06
As others have said as well as handling issues with high ai the tyres overheat / wear really quickly. One lap straight from the pits with cold tyres is enough for them to be overheating and wear about 25-40% (depending on lap length), so perhaps the more ai affects the tyre model rather than controller input etc, which is creating the handling issues with many cars

Killer Bob
15-10-2017, 17:54
Just a small heads up. I haven't forgotten about you guys. :)

It'd be great if you could do another testrun on this issue as soon as patch 2.0 drops for XB1.

I guess we should test the following scenarios:

Test 1

- Completely remove your profile and all saves
- Don't change your controller settings for this test
- Try a car/track combo where you know that this would happen at specific conditions before patch 2.0
- Make sure to load one of the SMS created car setups ("stable" recommended) before hitting the track
- Start with a lower number of opponents and increase it with every new test session
- Report your findings here

Test 2

- Same as Test 1 BUT adjust your controller settings before running the test

Test 3

- Same as Test 1 BUT do not delete your saves/profile and feel free to adjust your controller settings before running the test

Best case scenario: We get confirmation that this issue is fixed with patch 2.0.
Worst case scenario: We can further isolate the issue to fix it with another patch.

Looking forward to your reports gentlemen.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you shouldn't feel obligated to do all those tests (or any of those at all). But IF you want to help out just run one of those tests and post your report.
If you're not willing to delete your saves that's totally fine.

Hi Bealdor,

Ok, i've done some testing the last couple days with 2.0 heres what i've experienced so far (i'm not done with the testing yet).

First after i downloaded the patch i did a hard reset. Then went to your 3rd test idea first. changed my 19 ai's that was working before the patch to 31, at Le Mans, multi-class (lmp1 and 2, gt3 and gte's). I started on the gt3's cuz thats where the major problems occured pre patch. Undrivable, twitchy and weaving still. Then i dropped the ai's to 24, still weaving but better than before. Dropped to 21 ai's, much better, still twitchy but not throwing me into barriers. Dropped back to 19 ai's, still works great for me somehow thats the magic number for me.

Next gte's, same tests/results as gt3's. Prototypes were twitchy but drivable at 31 and stable at 24 and below. ALL cars were giving me the smokey tires/overheating after 3 laps. But at 19 the tyre problems vanished and the game worked well. Zero problems.

Then, this afternoon i did a complete gamesave delete (everything, deleted the cloud save too).

Same test conditions race setup, default controller setting (i bought a new Elite controller yesterday) following your test1 conditions at Le Mans. I've only done 3 hours testing so far but straight away, starting on 31 ai's, weaving is reduced a bit, not gone, and super twitchy but better than pre patch,(apart from Audi gt3 - still crazy weave for me anyway). I've only tested 4 other gt3s so far, I'll keep going and get back to you.

I have to agree with the others that say number of ai's is now affecting the tyre models. I'm still running 31 on "test1" though, but given what i experienced in "test3" i'm pretty sure it will be the same with this round of tests, i'll get back to you on that.

Okies, i'm done for now - thanks for the patch SMS, a definate improvement (my fave is the headlights at night on Mulsanne, gt yum yum yellow)

Peace

edit: forgot to say i did another hard reset after i deleted my save files

S3mj0n
23-10-2017, 11:06
I tried to race with 31 AIs a mutliclass race at Hockenheim Classic GP with Vintage GT A and B and the game is still bugged. The steering gets incredible snappy and sometimes throws you of track, it feels like the brakes are not working at all, tires feel different and cornering is a nightmare. Tried the same track without AI and with 15 AI. No problem at all, everything was good. But when I added 25 AIs again problems and nearly undrivable! The car was the 300 SEL 6.8 and a 10 lap race. And even if the race works. If I go back to the menu the game crashes. It is a shame, really. When the game works fine it is a joy to drive but most of the time it is like playing lotto. I didn't bought this game for hotlapping or driving with only 10 or 15 AIs.

Bealdor
23-10-2017, 11:26
Threads merged.

S3mj0n
23-10-2017, 11:35
Threads merged.
Thanks

Roushman624
23-10-2017, 11:58
Another note on this, the LaFerrari seems to be unfixed with its weaving, even in private testing
I'm having a problem with the laferrari as well. Not sure if it's just the power without tc or something wrong with the game.

tomaszffffff
03-12-2017, 18:06
I couldn't go through all the posts here but I hope you know the same problem occurs when using Xbox One controller in PC2 on Windows.

tomaszffffff
03-12-2017, 19:11
From my experience weaving isn't really AI number dependent as for example driving Mercedes AMG GT R in snow conditions with as little as 8 opponents is also impossible on straights.

Zeem
03-12-2017, 19:56
Far as I can tell the weaving was fixed in patch 2.0, albeit replaced with the current tyre overheating bug on high AI counts.

DeathMetalRacer
03-12-2017, 20:08
At this point in time I haven't been able to drive any of the road cars I've tried with or without assists on controller. I've tried the Camaro, McClaren 720S, La Ferrari and Ford GT. These cars for me are impossible to control anywhere on the track, straight line or through corners. I haven't tried any others as I just assumed all the road cars must be this way.

tomaszffffff
03-12-2017, 22:06
Far as I can tell the weaving was fixed in patch 2.0, albeit replaced with the current tyre overheating bug on high AI counts.

I'm on 1.3 and really don't think behavior on straights is correct. I may be not the most experienced gamer but I'm comparing it to Assetto Corsa.

Roushman624
03-12-2017, 22:38
I have no problem with road cars now.

DeathMetalRacer
04-12-2017, 00:44
I see that you're on the One X, I'm on original One. Wonder if that is why you're not experiencing the same issue I am.

Roushman624
04-12-2017, 01:42
I see that you're on the One X, I'm on original One. Wonder if that is why you're not experiencing the same issue I am.

When I was on the regular Xbox I had the tire over heating bug. It's completely gone now with the X.

ilikepc
09-12-2017, 06:59
Yeah, i own rfactor 2. It not detect my XBox One controller by default. So i have to configure it. And the handly is infinitely superior to Project cars 2... rfactor is the purest simulator actually... i do not understand why cannot drive with controller accurately. It doesnt maytter the configuration i try, cars seems driven by a drunk driver. I like very much PC 2 but i hate this issue with the controllers.