PDA

View Full Version : Force start game in Oculus VR mode/Steam?

Boskapongen
22-09-2017, 21:04
Is there a way to force start game in Oculus VR mode from Steam? Not having to click the radio button every time.

IlIlSHADOWlIlI
22-09-2017, 21:10
Have SteamVR already running and run PC2 from the VR Section under library.

Mad Al
22-09-2017, 21:17
Have SteamVR already running and run PC2 from the VR Section under library.

No need for Steam VR for a Rift, just right click the game in your library and select to start in Oculus mode.

TorTorden
11-10-2017, 09:27
The auto adding of the game in the oculus library is broken, to me it mostly just crashes when I try launch from oculus home, or for some opens desktop.

But I don't really care about launching from home, I just want something quicker than having to open steam, right-click pcars2 on my list and select oculus vr mode.

This helped sort it for me, https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/721nf7/psaproject_cars_2_launching_from_oculus_home_in_vr/?st=j8mtdlm6&sh=55b262ac
But I and I'm sure many others just want a desktop shortcut.
My solution has been to create the desktop shortcut as suggested on the reddit thread, with the steam executeable as target, not your steamlibrary for pcars2 but the steam.exe itself.
in the 'Target:" field of the shortcut add this snippet.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" steam://launch/378860/othervr -silent
If you specified a different install path for steam, use that instead of "C:\Program files (86)\Steam\*****"

Boneboys
11-10-2017, 10:45

This works for me.

Create shortcut to steam.exe
In properties of that shortcut target field = (If C: is your...)

NOTE : I have the -silent but this may not be required.

HINT : If you set Oculus to start as Admin (for all users) you can start the game from the newly created Desktop Link without the Oculus app loading.
Once you have set Oculus app for admin you need to load it once beforehand, after that the game will start directly in Rift VR.

You can rename the Link (PC2VR for me)

Might help, might not :cool:

TorTorden
11-10-2017, 12:58

This works for me.

Create shortcut to steam.exe
In properties of that shortcut target field = (If C: is your...)

NOTE : I have the -silent but this may not be required.

HINT : If you set Oculus to start as Admin (for all users) you can start the game from the newly created Desktop Link without the Oculus app loading.
Once you have set Oculus app for admin you need to load it once beforehand, after that the game will start directly in Rift VR.

You can rename the Link (PC2VR for me)

Might help, might not :cool:

I don't really see what the '-silent' does, just tried with and without, and it works exactly the same.
My guess, something that was used before but now seem superfluous.

Boneboys
11-10-2017, 14:47
My guess, something that was used before but now seem superfluous.

Same method used when PC1 VR was implemented, it stopped Steam interrogation.
I just tried an old method which happily works for PC2.

Thanks.

TorTorden
11-10-2017, 15:29
Aye, I'm just copying stuff off the internet's, not like I actually know anything :P

But at least now I have a desktop shortcut that launches Pcars2 in VR :)