PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Failed to start game (app already running)

jonnotheone
22-09-2017, 21:11
this is really starting to piss me off now
i close the game using the x in the top right... that is closing the game correctly however when i come to launch the game again i get
Failed to start game (app already running) it is not running i have had this error all evening. all morning the game has been perfectly fine but now there is more and more issues showing up..

jonnotheone
22-09-2017, 21:16
update on this i cant even uninstall it as it keeps saying app is running when it bloody is not..

Aldo Zampatti
22-09-2017, 21:27
Happened to me with other game, my only solution was to KILL Steam.exe from taskmanager and run steam again. Could you please try that?

jonnotheone
22-09-2017, 21:30
Happened to me with other game, my only solution was to KILL Steam.exe from taskmanager and run steam again. Could you please try that?

i have done that 3 or 4 time already but every time i close the game i keep getting this error its not just happend once it is every time i close the game and try to start it up again....

jonnotheone
23-09-2017, 11:13
This issue has been resloved by a complete uninstall and clean install of pcars2...

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 11:20
We have seen this a few times in the past and IIRC mostly on pC1. Unclear to me what causes it, but it seems dependent on system or certain actions from the user.