PDA

View Full Version : How much fuel?

DeathMetalRacer
22-09-2017, 21:25
In PC1 it showed how many laps you could get with X amount of fuel. That information seems to be non existent. How do I know how much fuel I need for a race?

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 21:26
Practicing and writing down on a piece of Paper...

Im sure it will not long take, and a Member will make a List. :)

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 15:25
There is a simple way to figure it out.

In practice put 1liter of fuel in the car and mark how many laps you can do with one liter. Divide that number by total laps in the race and you have a rough estimate pf how much fuel you need.

If the race is a timed race ill put say 10 liters in during practice and run at race pace for 1min and mark how much fuel i use in one min. Times that number by total mins in race and there ya go.

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 17:46
Opps..double post

zzjorzz
23-09-2017, 18:03
There is a simple way to figure it out.

In practice put 1liter of fuel in the car and mark how many laps you can do with one liter. Divide that number by total laps in the race and you have a rough estimate pf how much fuel you need.

If the race is a timed race ill put say 10 liters in during practice and run at race pace for 1min and mark how much fuel i use in one min. Times that number by total mins in race and there ya go.

Very simple, I am sure real race drivers have to do that themselves as well....or not? :confused:

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 18:06
Very simple, I am sure real race drivers have to do that themselves as well....or not? :confused:

Im sure someone does

zzjorzz
23-09-2017, 20:34
Im sure someone does

I think their team/engineer.... Certainly not the driver.