PDA

View Full Version : Cars were undrivable. [Solved]

Holblood
22-09-2017, 21:40
Today i played the game for the first time. On pc1 i spend 150+ hours.

Now on pc2 the cars are so so bad to drive. They are so different. Even the exact same cars like the bentley gt3 with the same setup are just 2 completly different cars.

On pc1 i had 0 problems to keep the cars on the track but now on pc2 man o man....

Its just not fun to drive like this.

Anyone got the same problems?

I'm on ps4 pro.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 21:42
Are you driving with DS4 Controller?

And yes the Cars are different, since it's a overhauled Tire Modell. It's even more realistic... You can't compare them anymore...

Holblood
22-09-2017, 21:43
Yes with ds4 controller.

But i did also on pc1 and had 0 problems.

thegt500
22-09-2017, 21:46
I use a Thrustmaster T300 and find the cars are more realistic than in CARS 1.
I'm using all default settings to begin and if anything, I'm finding the few cars I've tried to be easier to handle.

Konan
And remember in Pcars2 we have Livetrack 3.0 which means the track needs to be "rubbered in" before the grip level starts to go up...

Siberian Tiger
Yes with ds4 controller.

Which Cars are you trying? And which Aids do you use?

UGC
22-09-2017, 21:50
Don't know why, but my first impression was the same and nows it feels fine.
Reducing controller sensibilities can help, and after a while you'll get used to it.

Konan
22-09-2017, 21:55
First drive for me was scary as hell...started fiddling with the controller settings but that didn't help (me).
Than i got some good advice (from a dev no less) to hang in there on the default settings...now i'm racing with the front runners...(career) :cool:

Holblood
22-09-2017, 21:56
Which Cars are you trying? And which Aids do you use?

In the beginning the Clio and formula rookie. The clio was so terrible i never pick that car again.

Nu i had a couple of GT3 cars. Thats the class i like the most. On pc1 i was a big fan of the bentley gt3 but now in pc2 its bad.

I had changed my setup almost the same as in pc1.

I also tried all kind of driving aid setups. Full, autentic, none.
With full the car feels just so so bad in the corners, its like the car is handbraking in the corners.

The authentic is the best now but its also not what it was on pc1.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 21:58
Well, don't use the Setups of Project Cars 1... They won't work (well)...

Authentic is the Way to go. It has all the Aids that the real Car also has.

Holblood
22-09-2017, 22:03
Well, don't use the Setups of Project Cars 1... They won't work (well)...

Authentic is the Way to go. It has all the Aids that the real Car also has.

If i use default setup its total shit. The car reacts the best with the old pc1 setup. But even then its bad

Konan
22-09-2017, 22:07
http://youtu.be/578VLQXPnAs

Vit7
22-09-2017, 22:09
Yes with ds4 controller.

Try to change car setup to "stable" (more controller friendly). It set to "loose" by default.

Siberian Tiger
22-09-2017, 22:10
Try to change car setup to "stable" (more controller friendly). It set to "loose" by default.

Unfortunally Stable/Loose/OEM Setups aren't available for Consoles at the moment. (Didn't make the Cut for Initial Release) - But they will follow with the next Patch...

Vic Flange
22-09-2017, 22:21
I almost exclusively drive the Lotus 49 in Pcars. In PC1 I knew everything about the handling of the car.
When I took the same car out in PC2 I was way off the pace, until I began to learn the intricacies of the new handling model. Now I am winning races with the AI at 90%.
The handling is far more in depth and much more rewarding as a result. I know EXACTLY when to ease off and likewise when to hit the throttle.
I am using the DS4 with stock settings.

My advice. Stick with it. The handling model is far better than the old game once you get used to it.

Kaliber
22-09-2017, 22:23
For the first couple hours I felt the same way. I was seriously frustrated because could not even finish a lap most of the time. I kept at it though and "retrained" myself as it were and now i find it absolutely amazing. The knockhill time trial with the Caterham is way to much fun.

GtAce36
22-09-2017, 22:41
For the first couple hours I felt the same way. I was seriously frustrated because could not even finish a lap most of the time. I kept at it though and "retrained" myself as it were and now i find it absolutely amazing. The knockhill time trial with the Caterham is way to much fun.

I guess it would be ok if you could select wet tyres .. !

Oliver1989G
22-09-2017, 22:44
I had the exact same problem first car i drove was the McLaren 720S and i could not control this thing for the life of it.

Front wheels locking up all the time fixed that issue and i could not turn the car at all.

Anyways all my beginner problems have been fixed & now into the Ginetta G40 career mode division 6 and smashing it.

Oliver1989G
22-09-2017, 22:45
I have to admit very different to PC1 with sound and cars.

Was not enjoying it at all at first as i could not get any car to steer however things have now changed after 4hours of gameplay and won my first career event in the Ginetta G40 Division 6 lol

Onto bigger and better things.

Oliver1989G
22-09-2017, 22:49

Totally agree mate. I was so frustrated however i kept at it for a few more hours and after 4hours of game time i am now loving it however will still take mroe time to get use too.

Holblood
22-09-2017, 22:53
I'm now testing for over 2 hours with the new nissan gt3. With all the basic settings this car drives ok. First i changed my controller setup, that was alot different! But the car was still not cornering. After that i went on the cars setup. Tried lots of things and now after 2 hours of testing on Spa the car feels finaly good. Still need to be carefull when turning into corners. The car sometimes wants to slide way out of the corner.

But man o man, that sound of that nissan gtr gt3!!! Just love it.

Oliver1989G
22-09-2017, 22:58
Once you set 1 car up the way you want it does it mean you gotta do the same for every other car or do the settings apply to other cars? ( if that makes sense)

unrealnoise
22-09-2017, 23:31
I'm a player who use controller now and I'm very happy with the new physics. The Controller settings tutorial helps me alot. Try another car, and practice. It's very enjoyable.
I think that the Clio is very difficult, but I chose that I don't give up. And now I'm impressed. This is the best sim racing in the decade for me. This is the best sim racing title that I love to drive with controller. This is a huge.

One more time: Don't give up. It's better. It's more.

Holblood
23-09-2017, 13:27
Ok day 2, just driven the lambo GT3 on Fuji. Did some setup work on it but DAMN! WHAT A BEAST!

No sliding from the back of the car, turning in to corners is great, and the sound tho!

vintageGeo
23-09-2017, 13:29
it is a blast to drive, the most fun ever. just takes some time to get your settings right. and stay away from the street cars until you figure out your settings they are harder to drive

Holblood
23-09-2017, 14:19
Just did the career mode in Formula C. No matter what i do, the car spins out at ervery corner.

JimCark25
23-09-2017, 15:13
Found it tricky at first, then played around with the sensitivity settings, now plays like a dream. Just takes perseverance, especially when playing on the PS4 controller.

Konan
23-09-2017, 15:15
Found it tricky at first, then played around with the sensitivity settings, now plays like a dream. Just takes perseverance, especially when playing on the PS4 controller.

Maybe you can share your controller settings? :cool:

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 16:51

Yes share your settings

JimCark25
23-09-2017, 16:52

I could but Iím not in front of the PS4. Also what works for me might not be right for you, suggest you put the work in yourself.

Konan
23-09-2017, 17:17
I could but I’m not in front of the PS4. Also what works for me might not be right for you, suggest you put the work in yourself.

I wasn't asking for me mate...some people might benefit from your settings...people who just want to start the game up and drive...

DozUK
23-09-2017, 17:51
In the beginning the Clio and formula rookie. The clio was so terrible i never pick that car again.

Nu i had a couple of GT3 cars. Thats the class i like the most. On pc1 i was a big fan of the bentley gt3 but now in pc2 its bad.

I had changed my setup almost the same as in pc1.

I also tried all kind of driving aid setups. Full, autentic, none.
With full the car feels just so so bad in the corners, its like the car is handbraking in the corners.

The authentic is the best now but its also not what it was on pc1.

The Clio was terrible but look at the facts, the rear wheels are blue. Lower the pressure of them and they heat up green after a few laps. Clio still sliding under braking, ask the engineer. He'll alter the brake balance for you.

Result...bad clio becomes a stable drive after a few warm up laps

giulianbu
23-09-2017, 17:51
Sorry the question but I wanted to know if the guide with the pad has the same problem as last year, where it was inguable before the patch, or is it guidable?

Kaliber
23-09-2017, 18:09
The Porsche Cayman GT4 is an absolute dream to drive. So stable and planted. Me likey.

Holblood
23-09-2017, 18:28
Well just drove the Audi R8 GT3. Thats the best one so far. Its extreem stable and alot of fun to drive.

Holblood
23-09-2017, 18:33
Tis is my configuration of the DS4.240344

monz
23-09-2017, 20:01
So why didn't the game ship with settings like these...big improvement...not perfect but significantly better than stock setting...has given me hope...thanks Holblood ✌

Shogun613
23-09-2017, 20:46
I'm now testing for over 2 hours with the new nissan gt3. With all the basic settings this car drives ok. First i changed my controller setup, that was alot different! But the car was still not cornering. After that i went on the cars setup. Tried lots of things and now after 2 hours of testing on Spa the car feels finaly good. Still need to be carefull when turning into corners. The car sometimes wants to slide way out of the corner.

Yeah that Nissan GT-R GT3 is one of the best sounding GT cars in the game. I'm working on a setup for Spa with that car, but so far I can't get below 2:24 whereas I was doing 2:17 - 2:18 in PCars 1 with the Bentley. I don't want to take off any downforce because I'm getting through Eau Rouge/Radillon pretty good. Maybe I'll try to dial out some of the understeer so I can power out of the corners quicker...

centenaryman
23-09-2017, 20:52
Iíve put 3 days in so far, including 3 endurance races and Iím really enjoying it. Like most of you guys Iíve experienced bugs and glitches but nothing that has made the game unplayable. Some are clearly struggling in areas that arenít necessarily defective but then again Iíve had 3 days to poke into every corner, tweaking and testing.
Obviously, this is a complex game with many variables and there are a few holes here and there that need patching up.
The Cars handle very differently to PC 1, my first drive was a bit of a revelation and it took a couple of days practicing, tweaking, and followed by more practicing. But it does come together, just persevere, itís worth it.

KobayashiMaru86
23-09-2017, 21:49
Got it for PS4, I started in a Ginetta, default difficulty but with no aids. Spent lots of time tweaking my G29 settings and even though I'm still not 100% happy with it I was winning by sizeable margins once I let the track rubber in and learned to get into a rhythm. Go to level 5 and think I wouldn't mind trying a Clio... that was a mistake! It's sideways more than a tofu delivery driver! What's annoying you can't abort the series you have to start each race session and quite them all until the last race. Wastes almost 30 minutes doing that. Either the first Ginetta series is setup to be very forgiving or something is up.

I like racing games but it's been years since I've found one I really liked. I did like the original and loved the BMW M1. That is probably the best feeling I've had on a game on a car.

Oliver1989G
23-09-2017, 23:26
Got it for PS4, I started in a Ginetta, default difficulty but with no aids. Spent lots of time tweaking my G29 settings and even though I'm still not 100% happy with it I was winning by sizeable margins once I let the track rubber in and learned to get into a rhythm. Go to level 5 and think I wouldn't mind trying a Clio... that was a mistake! It's sideways more than a tofu delivery driver! What's annoying you can't abort the series you have to start each race session and quite them all until the last race. Wastes almost 30 minutes doing that. Either the first Ginetta series is setup to be very forgiving or something is up.

I like racing games but it's been years since I've found one I really liked. I did like the original and loved the BMW M1. That is probably the best feeling I've had on a game on a car.

Mate i agree with you on this 100% love the game to bits for its simulation on all these brilliant cars.

However i just cant find the motivation in career mode to continue once again disappointing with no incentive to play it or continue as there are no rewards to intice and allow me to look forward to another race / championship.

I guess i now gotta wait for GT Sport & Forza 7 see what they have to offer.

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 23:57
A quit season option would be great to have

Jrel
24-09-2017, 00:07
Yeah, I'm in the middle of GT5 championship and I hated doing it after the first race and wish there was a quit contract option.

Also, I noticed odd behavior in the 3rd race and couldn't figure out what it was until I started paying attention to the gear shifting. I'm terrible at shifting gears manually so I drive with automatic on - but anyway, in race 4/5 at Donington Park National, the AI will shift from a gear 5 or 4 immediately to Neutral (without me hitting the Brake at all, and staying on the throttle) sometimes as I'm going through a corner diagonally straight. Also, after exiting a curve, and I'm on a straightaway, when it hits gear 3 and I'm hard on the throttle accelerating, the AI will suddenly shift down into gear 2 for no reason at all (clear weather). I'm like WTH. It doesn't exhibit the behaviors all the time (as I'm on my 3rd championship without any issues except for the Invitationals), but I'll try to make more notes of when I see the AI doing wierd stuff.

Concerning the invitationals: I'm unable to do the Vintage Lotus trophy (rain), UK Lightweight track challenge (rain), Mercedes Winter Wildlands (snow), Japanese Street Trophy (rain); all because the cars are unstable to drive with/without assists. The cars want to veer to the left/right even while going slow. I also can't select Wet weather tires for the rain ones, becasuse they're not in the Edit Setup menu. Note I don't have any problems during the wet weather in the career championships.

I also can't even do the Pagani Nordschleife starlight special invitational because the car fishtails constantly with/without assists, and right at the start of the race, the AI cars behind me ram me from behind - even with the AI difficulty set to 0 and cautious.

Holblood
24-09-2017, 09:11
Just a tip for the DS4 users. Set the brake pressure between 70 & 80. And the ABS strength between 65 & 75.

You will see that the car is more stable when braking with the DS4 controller.

JudgeNutmeg
24-09-2017, 12:33
Although I don't think many people used it on PC1 or perhaps think it is a gimmick but if you are struggling with steering on the ds4 try using motion tilt as the steering option. You can hold lines around corners without any twitching, inputs are smooth all the time and you get so much more precise control over the stick. The SMS implementation of this is great

What I would say though is try it for about 30 minutes on the same track ( pick one not too testing)and just keep lapping with it,a couple of laps is not enough as you need to get used to the smoothness of the input and it won't turn like using the stick as you have a much larger range of movement.

Also, make sure you have the steering sensitivity 50 or over or you will need to tilt the controller too much for sharp corners, I would also suggest a slight deadzone so that you can stay straight going down long straights if you happen to drift the hands slightly

You do not need to hold the controller in front of you like a wheel, you can hold it normally and just tilt it on its horizontal axis (dropping the left and right sides with the sticks pointing upwards) rather than rotate it with the sticks pointing towards your body. After a while it becomes so intuitive and feels more immersive to. I use a G29 mostly but when I just want a quick few laps I use the DS4 and would never go back to using analogue sticks for steering.

I map Accelerator to R2, Brake to L2, I reverse the gears so I have L1 as gear up and L2 as gear down, this way you can hold the DS4 more comfortably, only using one finger from each hand as you are generally only changing up when accelerating and changing down when braking.

As I say it does take a bit of getting used to but offers so much more control.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 14:16
Yeah, I'm in the middle of GT5 championship and I hated doing it after the first race and wish there was a quit contract option.

Also, I noticed odd behavior in the 3rd race and couldn't figure out what it was until I started paying attention to the gear shifting. I'm terrible at shifting gears manually so I drive with automatic on - but anyway, in race 4/5 at Donington Park National, the AI will shift from a gear 5 or 4 immediately to Neutral (without me hitting the Brake at all, and staying on the throttle) sometimes as I'm going through a corner diagonally straight. Also, after exiting a curve, and I'm on a straightaway, when it hits gear 3 and I'm hard on the throttle accelerating, the AI will suddenly shift down into gear 2 for no reason at all (clear weather). I'm like WTH. It doesn't exhibit the behaviors all the time (as I'm on my 3rd championship without any issues except for the Invitationals), but I'll try to make more notes of when I see the AI doing wierd stuff.

Concerning the invitationals: I'm unable to do the Vintage Lotus trophy (rain), UK Lightweight track challenge (rain), Mercedes Winter Wildlands (snow), Japanese Street Trophy (rain); all because the cars are unstable to drive with/without assists. The cars want to veer to the left/right even while going slow. I also can't select Wet weather tires for the rain ones, becasuse they're not in the Edit Setup menu. Note I don't have any problems during the wet weather in the career championships.

I also can't even do the Pagani Nordschleife starlight special invitational because the car fishtails constantly with/without assists, and right at the start of the race, the AI cars behind me ram me from behind - even with the AI difficulty set to 0 and cautious.

Struggle (ed) with the same ones. I hammered through the Monza one, uk one and Pagani one but the Mercedes one i’m nowhere haha

Konan
25-09-2017, 03:06
Although I don't think many people used it on PC1 or perhaps think it is a gimmick but if you are struggling with steering on the ds4 try using motion tilt as the steering option. You can hold lines around corners without any twitching, inputs are smooth all the time and you get so much more precise control over the stick. The SMS implementation of this is great

What I would say though is try it for about 30 minutes on the same track ( pick one not too testing)and just keep lapping with it,a couple of laps is not enough as you need to get used to the smoothness of the input and it won't turn like using the stick as you have a much larger range of movement.

Also, make sure you have the steering sensitivity 50 or over or you will need to tilt the controller too much for sharp corners, I would also suggest a slight deadzone so that you can stay straight going down long straights if you happen to drift the hands slightly

You do not need to hold the controller in front of you like a wheel, you can hold it normally and just tilt it on its horizontal axis (dropping the left and right sides with the sticks pointing upwards) rather than rotate it with the sticks pointing towards your body. After a while it becomes so intuitive and feels more immersive to. I use a G29 mostly but when I just want a quick few laps I use the DS4 and would never go back to using analogue sticks for steering.

I map Accelerator to R2, Brake to L2, I reverse the gears so I have L1 as gear up and L2 as gear down, this way you can hold the DS4 more comfortably, only using one finger from each hand as you are generally only changing up when accelerating and changing down when braking.

As I say it does take a bit of getting used to but offers so much more control.

Nice tip...must try that out sometime...:cool:

vegaskid
25-09-2017, 04:34
Nice tip...must try that out sometime...:cool:

how do i put in motion tilt as the steering option ps4?

vegaskid
25-09-2017, 04:35
Just a tip for the DS4 users. Set the brake pressure between 70 & 80. And the ABS strength between 65 & 75.

You will see that the car is more stable when braking with the DS4 controller.
break deadzone or brake senstivity? i dont see brake pressure

wyldanimal
25-09-2017, 06:10
break deadzone or brake senstivity? i dont see brake pressure

you find these in the car Setup. Not the controller Options.

danowat
25-09-2017, 06:48
Some cars become undriveable after you've entered the setup menu.
Case in point, the Ginetta GT4 affinity race, try it without entering the setup menu, and the car drives OK.
Enter setup menu before race and save something arbitrary like fuel load, and you can barely keep the car in a straight line.

Patrickb1973
25-09-2017, 10:00
Case in point, the Ginetta GT4 affinity race, try it without entering the setup menu, and the car drives OK.
Enter setup menu before race and save something arbitrary like fuel load, and you can barely keep the car in a straight line.

Noticed the same problem

danowat
25-09-2017, 10:04
Not just me then.

This guy has it too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6uh7XDa9ro&feature=youtu.be&t=1h28m30s

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 10:34

Would it be possible to have a quick look at the set-up before and after and see if something obvious changed to the set-up by just entering the set-up screen (perhaps compare to Private Testing)?

danowat
25-09-2017, 10:41
Would it be possible to have a quick look at the set-up before and after and see if something obvious changed to the set-up by just entering the set-up screen (perhaps compare to Private Testing)?

I don't think you can.

When the game loads if you don't touch the tuning menu, the car drives OK, if you enter the menu, even if you don't change anything, the car is hard to keep in a straightline.

I wonder if the fact that there are two things happening.

1) the game says "shared setup saved", then the shared setup button shows (2), I've no idea who is sharing a setup, or how I am getting it, but then the shared setup button is greyed out.

2) The game seems to pull a setup from CoTA, rather than the track you are at, if you save it, you can save it to the correct track, but if you reenter the setup menu again, it again shows CoTA (always CoTA, no idea why) rather than the setup you saved.

There seems to be something wrong with the setup after you adjust it, whether it's pulling spurious settings from somewhere (CoTA?) or not, I don't know.

The Ginetta isn't the only car, I also noticed the 300ZX does the same, and the Jag V12, but the Jag also punctures the front tyres after changing the setup.

I am sure more cars are affected, I just haven't the time to try them all.

Sankyo
25-09-2017, 10:46
I don't think you can.

When the game loads if you don't touch the tuning menu, the car drives OK, if you enter the menu, even if you don't change anything, the car is hard to keep in a straightline.

I wonder if the fact that there are two things happening.

1) the game says "shared setup saved", then the shared setup button shows (2), I've no idea who is sharing a setup, or how I am getting it, but then the shared setup button is greyed out.

2) The game seems to pull a setup from CoTA, rather than the track you are at, if you save it, you can save it to the correct track, but if you reenter the setup menu again, it again shows CoTA (always CoTA, no idea why) rather than the setup you saved.

There seems to be something wrong with the setup after you adjust it, whether it's pulling spurious settings from somewhere (CoTA?) or not, I don't know.

The Ginetta isn't the only car, I also noticed the 300ZX does the same, and the Jag V12, but the Jag also punctures the front tyres after changing the setup.

I am sure more cars are affected, I just haven't the time to try them all.

I won't ask you to test all cars for sure, just wondering if you found a quick way to point out what's changing in the car's set-up other than how it feels on the road. Thanks for reporting anyway!

danowat
25-09-2017, 10:50
The only thing that is glaring is the setup name being something completely unrelated, it's always CoTA.

I would also point out the fuel setup issue, that was present in PC1, is also present in 2, that being if you drive a car without entering the setup, the car will have a very low fuel level, if you enter the setup menu, even without adjusting the fuel load, it will return to the correct load.

I don't know if the issues are related though.

blankfile
25-09-2017, 11:49
If you enter the setup screen always click load setup first or press the default setup button when first making a setup for the car.
if you enter the setup screen it seems to load a setup from the previous car you drove.

Also when saving the setup always select the save to new slot option and then overwrite, first option doesnt seem to work.

Both silly bugs but thankfully you can work around them

jdmnsprd
26-09-2017, 02:22

Do you mind posting your tune for the GT3- Nissan GTR? because when i get home from work im so tired i just want to race and have fun if not thats ok

Mgizzle
26-09-2017, 02:49
I must admit I feel the same way after 4 hours of playing... handling feels like crap. I track real cars for the last 15 years now, I am not senna but am not slow in the real world. Tracked STis, now a camaro 1LE for last 5 years, tracked a C7 z06 a month ago and many more and on street tires the cars grip way more than freaking million dollar cars inthis game. Just dont get it.... a sim shouldnt be this hard and so freaking different from PC1. PC1 was bad too butthis is a whole new level, it feels like every car is on wet road or on all season tires. I changed time of day and date, played with my T500RS settings and also noticed that once you try to tune a car it doesnt drive the same.
Also, what is up with the red line in bumper camera mode? RPM read out says 7000 but the bar that fills up is at 6000. Every car I drive the redline doesnt match the actual read out.
Also, engine temps. I drive a car for 10 laps engine oil is at 200F.... my car on the street just driving to work gets 200F oil temps.... 300F on track and yes thats hot but track cars do get there.

Iam gona try more tomorrow but this doesnt feel anything like real track cars...... a GT3 RS on trofeo Rs shouldnt feel like a car on all season tires during a rain shower.

Also the sound is a major let down compared to PC1..... tires are way too loud, too unreal, and speed perception is really bad compared to PC1. I drove same cars back and forth pc1 to pc2 same tracks and I am just so disappointed..... PC1 feels way more thrilling. I willnot give up and will not stop playing, hoping hard its just initial glitches that will be fixed...... but GT sport is coming and I pray to God its better than this.... need a PS4 game that actually feels like real cars.

desmosabie
26-09-2017, 05:21
I "liked" because if it is true for someone else and more people, then it is a HUGE bug and needs to be fixed before the HUD saving problems i'm so annoyed with. Hopefully someone else chimes in or I see another post dedicated to this particular problem.

lancashirelad
26-09-2017, 08:48
I'm pretty sure the save problem is carried over to the force feedback problems too. Been trying to get my T300 ff to feel right last few days and noticed unless you shut the game down completely every time you pause the game to change ff settings they become mixed up with whatever settings you had before and the more you change the worse it gets. I had a problem were no matter what settings I chose the steering wheel jerked to the left as soon as I was on the grid start. After many hours changing different settings the only cure was to delete my save file.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 08:55
I must admit I feel the same way after 4 hours of playing... handling feels like crap. I track real cars for the last 15 years now, I am not senna but am not slow in the real world. Tracked STis, now a camaro 1LE for last 5 years, tracked a C7 z06 a month ago and many more and on street tires the cars grip way more than freaking million dollar cars inthis game. Just dont get it.... a sim shouldnt be this hard and so freaking different from PC1. PC1 was bad too butthis is a whole new level, it feels like every car is on wet road or on all season tires. I changed time of day and date, played with my T500RS settings and also noticed that once you try to tune a car it doesnt drive the same.
Iam gona try more tomorrow but this doesnt feel anything like real track cars...... a GT3 RS on trofeo Rs shouldnt feel like a car on all season tires during a rain shower.

So what exactly are you experiencing, and with which cars? What tyre does the telemetry HUD say you're using, what are your tyre temperatures, what speeds are you cornering at?

I haven't driven all cars in the game by far, but I haven't experienced any type of low-grip driving that you're describing. Case in point: I've seen people complain of the McLaren 720S being undriveable and only understeering, but I've been driving the car yesterday in both Private Testing and Time Trial and I find the car very good to drive and 'pointy' as long as I'm not trying to drive it as a race car. Not implying that you don't know how to drive, just that subjective impressions and experiences seem to differ a lot in certain cases. So better to try and find out why you're experiencing what you're experiencing.

danowat
26-09-2017, 09:00
So what exactly are you experiencing, and with which cars? What tyre does the telemetry HUD say you're using, what are your tyre temperatures, what speeds are you cornering at?

I haven't driven all cars in the game by far, but I haven't experienced any type of low-grip driving that you're describing. Case in point: I've seen people complain of the McLaren 720S being undriveable and only understeering, but I've been driving the car yesterday in both Private Testing and Time Trial and I find the car very good to drive and 'pointy' as long as I'm not trying to drive it as a race car. Not implying that you don't know how to drive, just that subjective impressions and experiences seem to differ a lot in certain cases. So better to try and find out why you're experiencing what you're experiencing.

I can only speak for myself, but the issue is the overly senstive nature of the steering, on many cars, the 300ZX or the Nissan Gr5 car for example.

It's almost like the steering sensitivity can't be set low enough, 0 is still way too high (was the same in PC1), even though you are moving the stick very slightly, and the steering "bar" on the telemetry screen moves a fraction of a mm, the car veers all over the place and is hard to keep in a straight line, the car "flicks" left to right, it's almost like, even though you are putting in a tiny amount of steering angle, the game puts in loads more, bizarrely, tilt controls don't exhibit this issue, despite the steering inputs being the same (on the telemetry steering bar).

I have also found that the control damping and wheel weight settings do barely anything different at either end of the scale, and it's a PITA having to exit out of a session, and reenter it to change control settings, especially with the extremely laggy menus on PS4.

This is coming from someone who put 300+ hours in the PC1 on the control pad, and didn't have as much trouble keeping the car in the straight line as I am in PC2, wet or low grip conditions exacerbate this massively.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 09:02
He's on PS4 Remco, you're on PC.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 09:26
I can only speak for myself, but the issue is the overly senstive nature of the steering, on many cars, the 300ZX or the Nissan Gr5 car for example.

It's almost like the steering sensitivity can't be set low enough, 0 is still way too high (was the same in PC1), even though you are moving the stick very slightly, and the steering "bar" on the telemetry screen moves a fraction of a mm, the car veers all over the place and is hard to keep in a straight line, the car "flicks" left to right, it's almost like, even though you are putting in a tiny amount of steering angle, the game puts in loads more, bizarrely, tilt controls don't exhibit this issue, despite the steering inputs being the same (on the telemetry steering bar).

I have also found that the control damping and wheel weight settings do barely anything different at either end of the scale, and it's a PITA having to exit out of a session, and reenter it to change control settings, especially with the extremely laggy menus on PS4.

This is coming from someone who put 300+ hours in the PC1 on the control pad, and didn't have as much trouble keeping the car in the straight line as I am in PC2, wet or low grip conditions exacerbate this massively.
Sounds like something wrong to me w.r.t. pad input. I saw that switching from tilt control to stick control didn't solve it for you?

danowat
26-09-2017, 09:29
Sounds like something wrong to me w.r.t. pad input. I saw that switching from tilt control to stick control didn't solve it for you?

I did try it, and it didn't appear too.

Mgizzle
26-09-2017, 10:33

I drove about 15 cars yesterday, all productions cars. Mclaren 720s, lambos, porsche gt3 RS, ferraris, chevy camaro zl1 etc. most of them I drive in the trofe Rs, tire telemntry confirms this. I drove all cars in the portugal circuit, I have driven the camaro on its stock good year tires and the car is glued in real life even on cold tires, in this game its like I am in ice during warm up. Tire temps on most cars turn green around the mid 100s F when I just started game with the mclaren 720S it drove nice but still on trofeo Rs it felt tough to drive. 288 GTO on track tires for example had no damn grip. Going i to corner at super slow speeds car wouldnt turn or brake, telemtry says track tire, 25-35mph into corner and the tires are chirping like all hell.... again, Using camaro as example, that car on trofeo Rs would be glued, its glued on stock street tires and in the game its constantly sliding. Z06 too, I just drove one 3 weeks at a local track on stock PSS michelins and this car in the game in the best tire is hard to drive. Driving cars on a track is not this tough, I read some people have more grip with wet tires I will try that today, hoping its just a bug.

Ny the way I drive all aids off and ABS low. Same as on track in real world. My T500RS will not stop jerking left to right under LOW abs.... I was an aBS calibrater in my pst, cars dont do this under abs!!!

Patrickb1973
26-09-2017, 10:59
Just a reminder what i said before during my what i call stress tests, cars behave totally different in career mode then they do in private test or custom race and online they behave again completely different from the other modes. There is no consistency, it should be the same no matter what mode you play. Also for some cars you might hardly tell the difference but for others it is a huge difference.

glennb3800
26-09-2017, 11:47
I read on another site about if you go into the car setup even if you don't change anything the car handles and drive really bad and if you don't go into car setup its fine .I have done the Ginetta championship and then started the Clio one and the Clio was undriveable it would just rotate and spin out all the BLOODY TIME, I played with the Cilo created and saved different setups for a few hours in the career mode then last night i checked and tried to save a new setup in private testing and there was no other car setups saved already which I thought was strange??.I took photos of my new Clio setup in private testing and it was totally different to the ones in the championship ....It looks like that it saved the Ginetta setup for the Clio which is why the Clio is **** to drive,but i change them and it is AWESOME now and it finally feels like a racing game.......Maybe this is the problem with all the handling problems everyone is having........................

danowat
26-09-2017, 11:50
I read on another site about if you go into the car setup even if you don't change anything the car handles and drive really bad and if you don't go into car setup its fine .I have done the Ginetta championship and then started the Clio one and the Clio was undriveable it would just rotate and spin out all the BLOODY TIME, I played with the Cilo created and saved different setups for a few hours in the career mode then last night i checked and tried to save a new setup in private testing and there was no other car setups saved already which I thought was strange??.I took photos of my new Clio setup in private testing and it was totally different to the ones in the championship ....It looks like that it saved the Ginetta setup for the Clio which is why the Clio is **** to drive,but i change them and it is AWESOME now and it finally feels like a racing game.......Maybe this is the problem with all the handling problems everyone is having........................

So basically, don't enter setup menu, car handles ok, enter setup menu and car handles badly?

I agree, there is something up with the setups, whether this is directly responsible for the bad handling or not, I don't know.

But it's nice to know we aren't the only people who are having this issue.

The_Flurk
26-09-2017, 11:51

Thank you for sharing. This kinda gives me the feeling most of the bugs can be related to one core issue...

glennb3800
26-09-2017, 11:54
The difference was amazing i was at least 5 seconds faster but you are not on a knife edge all the time ......................

Death Proof
26-09-2017, 12:02
Just my thoughts on the driveability of cars. For the most part with a controller, I find the adjustments of both the controller and car to be sufficient. However something that I find consistently problematic is the very first mm's of stick input. Steering sensitivity being low or high does not alleviate the first and slightest inputs from being over exagerrated. After the initial stick turn in the rest of the turning can be made quite fluently.

When driving in reality there is a gradient of fine movement you can put on the wheel before increasing the turning effort. With the sticks it feels like that fine input is unobtainable. Hence why I would really like a input curve tuner for the ps4 contoller in this game.

I have noticed this between the dozen or so cars I have tried so far from varying classes. Honestly because of this very nuance I find the Karts to be one of the hardest to handle cars. I could mesh with formula, group c, and gt1 cars easier than the karts!

Other than that part of the universal steering I find learning the details of each car's handling to be pretty good so far.

Edit: This all aside from from the odd behavior of the tuning data saves that many people including myself have been having.

danowat
26-09-2017, 12:25
When driving in reality there is a gradient of fine movement you can put on the wheel before increasing the turning effort. With the sticks it feels like that fine input is unobtainable. Hence why I would really like a input curve tuner for the ps4 contoller in this game.

+1 for some non-linearity adjustment.

Patrickb1973
26-09-2017, 12:41
I seriously wonder who tested this game on PS4 before it got released, so many problems and so many bugs that would have been spotted immediatly if a proper test run was done of the different modes in this game. In my opinion it should have never been released in this state but thats just me

hossa
26-09-2017, 14:52
I seriously wonder who tested this game on PS4 before it got released, so many problems and so many bugs that would have been spotted immediatly if a proper test run was done of the different modes in this game. In my opinion it should have never been released in this state but thats just me

That's not just you

danowat
26-09-2017, 16:37
I've figured out what it is.

Its the speed sensitivity setting, I deleted all my saved settings and the car handling was OK.

Any change to speed sensitivity, makes the cars a twitchy undriveable mess, and the only way I can get it back to handling well again is to delete saved data again.

Patrickb1973
26-09-2017, 16:57
I've figured out what it is.

Its the speed sensitivity setting, I deleted all my saved settings and the car handling was OK.

Any change to speed sensitivity, makes the cars a twitchy undriveable mess, and the only way I can get it back to handling well again is to delete saved data again.

I didnt change a thing to speed sensitivity and still have the problem so not just the problem

danowat
26-09-2017, 17:02
Try deleting all your saved data, and see how the handling is without touching any settings.

SaskRacer
26-09-2017, 17:12
I figured out last night that you have to select "default set up" every time you go to drive a new car, otherwise it will load the setup for the last car you drove. I tried driving a GT3 car after driving a prototype and the GT was completely undriveable. I found another thread on here suggesting that people put the set up back to default when entering a new race with a different car and sure enough, that made a big difference. Even stock driving aids like ABS did not seem to work on the GT3 after driving the LMP3, until I reset the setup, at which point it felt like a GT car again.

Holblood
26-09-2017, 18:44
Do you mind posting your tune for the GT3- Nissan GTR? because when i get home from work im so tired i just want to race and have fun if not thats ok

Yes i will do that for you. It will be this week, not playing right now.

I will post some other setups to.

hossa
26-09-2017, 19:35
I figured out last night that you have to select "default set up" every time you go to drive a new car, otherwise it will load the setup for the last car you drove.

This really helped a lot! I drive mercedes amg evo and was wondering why the setup (only changed some pressure, fuel and ABS) was saved under 'dallara ...'. However, restoring default setup does not really work because the old profile still was saved under ' dallara...'. that's why i deleted career, so that all setups for the cars up to the would be deleted, too. I started career group A championship again and drove the very same race. the standard setup was now called 'mercedes benz ...' - the right one. This time I didn't change a single thing in the setup! It really was a major difference! I still couldn reach P1 by any means but comfortably finished P3 with a 7 seconds gap to P1 instead of 27 seconds on P7. AI was still too fast and my car no match on the straights but also ffb felt WAY better! So please sms and wmd: maybe the setup is the starting point for refurbishments. my tip for the other ps4 gamers with AI and control issues: reset any setups and make sure that the standard setup is reinstalled - don't change anything there. Maybe it helps you a little bit

Patrickb1973
26-09-2017, 20:28
Try deleting all your saved data, and see how the handling is without touching any settings.

Already tried that days ago but didnt do the trick for every car

Maciej619
26-09-2017, 22:58
I figured out last night that you have to select "default set up" every time you go to drive a new car, otherwise it will load the setup for the last car you drove. I tried driving a GT3 car after driving a prototype and the GT was completely undriveable. I found another thread on here suggesting that people put the set up back to default when entering a new race with a different car and sure enough, that made a big difference. Even stock driving aids like ABS did not seem to work on the GT3 after driving the LMP3, until I reset the setup, at which point it felt like a GT car again.

This is it! Now I can drive and be usable. Damn, you just made my day. I was really frustrated, but now I'm fun!

Kostman22
26-09-2017, 23:07
Don't know why, but my first impression was the same and nows it feels fine.
Reducing controller sensibilities can help, and after a while you'll get used to it.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID,
I TOLD HER TO RELAX...

giulianbu
27-09-2017, 02:38
You have to recalibrate the pad, do it as pj cars 1, so the machines are inguidable, please fix the pad!!

kierownik
27-09-2017, 06:07
I spent hours trying to fiddle with my dualshock 4 settings with no great success. In PC1 I was really fast, I could keep a perfect racing line but in PC2 it's just impossible. Tried some suggestions from internet, the game was still unplayable. Until I discovered possibility of playing using my controllers SixAxis function. Cars are so much more easy to drive, my current configuration let me finish the qualifier at 1st-2nd place with oponents ai at 60%, wchich in my opinion is really good. Still fiddling and tweaking my settings but I'm nearly there. And using SixAxis is more intuitive than using controller's sticks.

danowat
27-09-2017, 06:48
Since deleting all my stored data, the handling has been fine, beating AI at 100.

kierownik
27-09-2017, 07:10
How do you delete your saved data? In game or in ps4 system? Do you have to start your career from begin again?

danowat
27-09-2017, 08:06
How do you delete your saved data? In game or in ps4 system? Do you have to start your career from begin again?

From the application saved data menu in the PS4 system settings, and yes, you'll lose your career.

One important thing, once deleted, do not touch ANYTHING in the control adjustments (button assignment is ok) otherwise it will ruin the handling again.

The bug is reproducable, with fresh default settings, the car handling is fine, if you touch the menu, say speed sensitivity down to 90, it completely ruins that cars handling, and turns it into a twitchy mess, and turning it back up to default settings (95) doesn't fix it, only way to fix it is to delete saved data again.

Maciej619
27-09-2017, 08:45
From the application saved data menu in the PS4 system settings, and yes, you'll lose your career.

One important thing, once deleted, do not touch ANYTHING in the control adjustments (button assignment is ok) otherwise it will ruin the handling again.

The bug is reproducable, with fresh default settings, the car handling is fine, if you touch the menu, say speed sensitivity down to 90, it completely ruins that cars handling, and turns it into a twitchy mess, and turning it back up to default settings (95) doesn't fix it, only way to fix it is to delete saved data again.

I have a steering wheel, so I have touched the control adjustment - steering deadzone, and of course ffb settings.
Before every race, I enter the setup menu, resetting to defaults, and saving. I can see the car "jumping" in the pit, as something significant in the suspension changes. After that I can drive every car without any issues.
Hopefuly its not placebo:P

Madwak55
27-09-2017, 08:53
I have a steering wheel, so I have touched the control adjustment - steering deadzone, and of course ffb settings.
Before every race, I enter the setup menu, resetting to defaults, and saving. I can see the car "jumping" in the pit, as something significant in the suspension changes. After that I can drive every car without any issues.
Hopefuly its not placebo:P

I've found the same thing, also if you do make changes to the car setup just save them to the default setup as it seems creating a new setup save is what might be causing all the problems?

kierownik
27-09-2017, 09:22
What if I want to change steering from the stick to SixAxis? Will that mess things up? And if I change the steering dead zone buy leave everything else? Will that cause problems?

danowat
27-09-2017, 09:34
I don't know, all you can do is try it :-/

Madwak55
27-09-2017, 09:42
One thing I noticed when I manually saved my original save game data to the cloud is there were 2 profile files and about twenty separate setup saves, if I do the same thing with PCars or Dirt 4 there is just one profile setup to save.
It looks like the game is saving a separate folder for everything instead of bunging them all in the same folder and it may be that that we are getting the same scenario as windows - when you have everything on your desktop it slows everything down while it checks through all the folders?

kierownik
27-09-2017, 17:00
I think I've had enough and I'm giving up on this game. I tried deleting saved data, tweaking my controls, even SixAxis doesn't really seem to do the trick. The game is pretty much unplayable.

There's that input lag or problem where even if you have your steering dead zone set to 0 it still have some sort of dead zone. When you move your analogue stick to either direction for the first mm nothing happens or there's a very little input and if you move it a bit more the car jerks and that results in spinning round like every bloody time.

I know that it's a sim racer and it supposed to be difficult but this game is not just difficult, it's impossible to play and foremost impossible to enjoy. PC1 was demanding, difficult and punishing but was extremely enjoyable, this one is just a nightmare.

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 17:26
I think I've had enough and I'm giving up on this game. I tried deleting saved data, tweaking my controls, even SixAxis doesn't really seem to do the trick. The game is pretty much unplayable.

There's that input lag or problem where even if you have your steering dead zone set to 0 it still have some sort of dead zone. When you move your analogue stick to either direction for the first mm nothing happens or there's a very little input and if you move it a bit more the car jerks and that results in spinning round like every bloody time.

I know that it's a sim racer and it supposed to be difficult but this game is not just difficult, it's impossible to play and foremost impossible to enjoy. PC1 was demanding, difficult and punishing but was extremely enjoyable, this one is just a nightmare.

A lot of people would disagree.

hossa
27-09-2017, 17:47
I was also frustrated with the game because of various issues and started an own thread because of a direct comparison to computer version (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52726-PS4-VS-PC-version). I also tried the trick mentioned in this thread and I'm really grateful for this.

DELETE ALL SAVEDATA of pcars2 in PS4 menu! (literally: settings, career, ...)

I reset EVERYTHING and started off new and didn't change anything with either FFB, setups of cars or AI. NOTHING!

I couldn't believe it but driving with the "overall-default-setup-for-everything" works and makes racing playable!

Don't change anything except for graphic, button assigns or the FFB style and career works!

I already drove with three different cars, never having looked or twiddled at their setup or AI and driving was FAAAAAAAAAR better! The handling and FFB (default informative) felt better, no more skidding in small puddles etc.

Try and see for yourself. The best thing I could do atm.

AI is sometimes still hard to crack but far from a 27 second gap to P1.

However, never skip to end of Q - this bug is still present but being worked on as far as I can tell from various threads

Once again: DELETE ALL SAVEDATA in PS4 menu and don't touch FFB, AI or any cars' setups.

(I can't help with any DS4 issues, using G29)

kierownik
27-09-2017, 18:11
I was also frustrated with the game because of various issues and started an own thread because of a direct comparison to computer version (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52726-PS4-VS-PC-version). I also tried the trick mentioned in this thread and I'm really grateful for this.

DELETE ALL SAVEDATA of pcars2 in PS4 menu! (literally: settings, career, ...)

I reset EVERYTHING and started off new and didn't change anything with either FFB, setups of cars or AI. NOTHING!

I couldn't believe it but driving with the "overall-default-setup-for-everything" works and makes racing playable!

Don't change anything except for graphic, button assigns or the FFB style and career works!

I already drove with three different cars, never having looked or twiddled at their setup or AI and driving was FAAAAAAAAAR better! The handling and FFB (default informative) felt better, no more skidding in small puddles etc.

Try and see for yourself. The best thing I could do atm.

AI is sometimes still hard to crack but far from a 27 second gap to P1.

However, never skip to end of Q - this bug is still present but being worked on as far as I can tell from various threads

Once again: DELETE ALL SAVEDATA in PS4 menu and don't touch FFB, AI or any cars' setups.

(I can't help with any DS4 issues, using G29)

Yeah I did that and here's what I think...
If you're just starting your career don't go for Karting or Formula Rookie... Just go for Ginetta. Ginetta is the only playable start of the career, at least for me.

Holblood
27-09-2017, 18:25

I think that i can say that i finaly know how to handle the DS4 controller with PC2. Just got the 3 best time overal ����

XanderLex
27-09-2017, 18:43

I think that i can say that i finaly know how to handle the DS4 controller with PC2. Just got the 3 best time overal ����

Awesome! Just got my game and will start it using controller(will get wheel later on). Did you change your controller setting? If so could you share or point me in correct direction were to get.
thanks.

danowat
27-09-2017, 18:51
Don't change them from default, it ruins the handling.

Holblood
27-09-2017, 19:31
Awesome! Just got my game and will start it using controller(will get wheel later on). Did you change your controller setting? If so could you share or point me in correct direction were to get.
thanks.

Yes i did. Just look a few pages back in this topic. I posted a photo with my settings.

Holblood
28-09-2017, 16:28

This is a setup i use for the Audi R8 GT3. I'm playing with the ds4. It drives like a beast with this setup!

Hope you guys like it and use it so you can enjoy the game.

jdmnsprd
30-09-2017, 02:20
This is a setup i use for the Audi R8 GT3. I'm playing with the ds4. It drives like a beast with this setup!

Hope you guys like it and use it so you can enjoy the game.

Hey bro u got that nissan gtr tune ? I only race with the mclaren but I hope to race with the nissan i just need a good tune

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:31
Guess it's time we edit your threat title seeing you're enjoying it now.

Patrickb1973
30-09-2017, 03:33
Using the same settings as Holblood and I love the handling, only problems that remain is with the cars on ice but im sure that will be fixed when the patch comes out.

Holblood
30-09-2017, 08:58

This setup works for me for the Nissan GTR GT3 with the DS4.

Just change the little things to your own driving style.

gwr3850
30-09-2017, 09:07
Just got PC2 couple days ago. I'm using holblood's settings which felt a lot smoother than default.

Is it just me, or is the Astra TCR and the clios terrible to drive. Seem to just snap from you and oversteer badly even taking it easy. Yet the A45 and the likes of the Huracan GT3 are so smooth. I expected it be the other way around!!

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:09
Just got PC2 couple days ago. I'm using holblood's settings which felt a lot smoother than default.

Is it just me, or is the Astra TCR and the clios terrible to drive. Seem to just snap from you and oversteer badly even taking it easy. Yet the A45 and the likes of the Huracan GT3 are so smooth. I expected it be the other way around!!

If by 'terrible' you mean oversteery then yes this is how they're normally set up. You can choose the other more stable setup or use the engineer to dial it out to your liking.

gwr3850
30-09-2017, 09:22
Hey buddy,

Yeah currently trying to find that optionof the more stable setups. I know they're sometimes tending ti be loose bit get the feeling it's a tad too much or could be my style - just odd as fine with some cars and not with others. Are these easily found?

kierownik
30-09-2017, 09:23
The funny thing is that on default setup Clio is extremely oversteery on dry conditions on slick tyres, but then it drives like glued on wet with rain tyres on.

XanderLex
30-09-2017, 10:31
Hi, thanks for sharing your controller settings Holblood.
There ill have to wait little before i can get my new wheel its fun that the game is playable with the controller.

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 10:39

But you are comparing FWD with RWD.

steve30x
30-09-2017, 10:54
A lot of people would disagree.A lot of people would disagree too. On my brothers PS4 I found it unplayable. Its a different game on PC though. Its one of the best racing games I have ever played on PC.

Holblood
30-09-2017, 13:04
https://youtu.be/DSxKjD1YwQA

Ok, just take a look at this one. I tried all kinds of setups. The car is just out of control! 0% grip......

DodgeAnon
30-09-2017, 13:34
If by 'terrible' you mean oversteery then yes this is how they're normally set up. You can choose the other more stable setup or use the engineer to dial it out to your liking.

How do we change to a stable setup on console?

Patrickb1973
30-09-2017, 13:57
How do we change to a stable setup on console?

Like to know the same thing as the option is not on PS4

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 14:04
^ Not yet, but coming SMSoon.

Holblood
30-09-2017, 14:05
Like to know the same thing as the option is not on PS4

try this one.

Tis is my configuration of the DS4.240344

jdmnsprd
01-10-2017, 14:06
This setup works for me for the Nissan GTR GT3 with the DS4.

Just change the little things to your own driving style.
You the man thanks bro feel free to add me my psn is JDMinspiredd

Holblood
02-10-2017, 16:51
You the man thanks bro feel free to add me my psn is JDMinspiredd

YW mate ;)

will also post my Porsche GT3 setup soon.

Zotoss
03-10-2017, 07:29
I am experiencing same issues as Holblood and other users (using pad on PS4).

With the default settings the car handling is very twitchy and unstable. I then tried to amend them using some tutorials but I still didn't find a satisfactory one.

I tried few classes because I am trying to focus on specific cars and understand the reactions, and so far:

- The formula C are unplayable. I am playing it as first challenge of the career at Brno track and no matter how delicate I am in the braking and turning phase, the car spins out before reaching the curve apex. The only way to avoid is to drive as the ''Sunday driver'', being 12-15 seconds slower per lap than AI (set at 70% difficulty). It looks like I am racing on an ice skate ring and the AI is racing on the dry version of the track. So basically I have stopped the career for this.

- GT3 are much better, and in some tracks I can compete in the top of the grid (Nurburbring GP, Red Bull GP), but when it comes to tracks with long curves at med-high speed (such as Monza for example), is a disaster.

In particular I noticed that the controls via pad are too penalizing when it comes to handle gentle transitions at mid-high speed, it looks like the game inputs for the controller are set on a binary system (on / off), very digital. Is far from replicating the feeling of a soft and gradual steering system.
I assume that all tracks with same characteristics (Monza / SPA / Silverstone) will probably suffer of the same issues, but I didn't personally try yet.

Konan
03-10-2017, 10:32
I'm still using the default settings...once you get used to them they are pretty good...

seb02
03-10-2017, 13:00
I'm still using the default settings...once you get used to them they are pretty good...

hummmm, not really......for me.

Madmazz116
03-10-2017, 14:18
hummmm, not really......for me.

agreed..me neither..

Death Proof
03-10-2017, 14:41
So, my question is. Are there going to be any refinements or improvements for controller input on the ps4 in the form of patches? Or is it considered to be working as intended?

I found the controller to be useable, but I'd say there is a heck of a lot of room for improvement. There are all of these detailed physics in the game that don't count for much if you can't translate them through the inputs available.

kierownik
03-10-2017, 15:16
Yep, the only way for me to get through the Formula C was to turn on stability control. Traction control Off, ABS Off, stability control On and it's playable at last.

Madwak55
03-10-2017, 19:27
Yep, the only way for me to get through the Formula C was to turn on stability control. Traction control Off, ABS Off, stability control On and it's playable at last.
You will find that if you fit wet tyres instead of slicks you will get the traction you require :)

giulianbu
04-10-2017, 03:57
with the pad the cars are undriveable!, please correct as it was with pj cars 1!

Aldo Zampatti
04-10-2017, 04:01
with the pad the cars are undriveable!, please correct as it was with pj cars 1!

XBOX1 or PS4?

Did you even took the time to read this thread?

kierownik
04-10-2017, 08:56
You will find that if you fit wet tyres instead of slicks you will get the traction you require :)

I've discovered it a long time ago when playing the Clio cup. However on wet tyres car is a bit too slow on straights.

Judge Homer
09-10-2017, 17:20
The funny thing is that on default setup Clio is extremely oversteery on dry conditions on slick tyres, but then it drives like glued on wet with rain tyres on.

Use the Diff. I used it with ratio 4:1 and it works for me.

iggy
24-10-2017, 13:37
OK, I just read through this entire thread... I'm still confused by what [Solved} this problem. ( or for that mater, what the 'problem' is ).

What I did seem to learn in here ( haven't had opportunity to actually try it yet myself )... is that if you go in and delete all your saved setups, come back in and don't change anything related to controller setup, that things work better.

Or... well there's also been talk , about always loading the default setup every time you get into a different car. ( implying that setup from a previous car would be used unless you do this ).

Anyway, I'm still confused about what was Solved and how it was Solved.

markcollenryan
13-01-2018, 09:37
My Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel does not work at all...no steering, I've got brakes and throttle but no steering at all. I've tried every configuration of settings to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sankyo
13-01-2018, 09:55
My Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel does not work at all...no steering, I've got brakes and throttle but no steering at all. I've tried every configuration of settings to no avail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does the game detect your wheel properly? Not sure how it works on PS4, but did you check whether the steering axis is assigned correctly, and did you try to assign it yourself? When you enable the telemetry HUD, does it show no steering input?

Zaskarspants
13-01-2018, 10:29
" Or... well there's also been talk , about always loading the default setup every time you get into a different car. ( implying that setup from a previous car would be used unless you do this )."

There may be a lot of talk, but that is not something that occurs to me.