PDA

View Full Version : Don't seem.to have enough buttons on the pad ??

malcster
22-09-2017, 22:20
Manual gears (auto clutch )
Headlights
Wipers
Kers
Drs
In car menus
View change

Just isn't enough buttons

If I race in bumper cam surely I won't need wipers
As there is no screen

Didnt have this problem in pc1

Great game btw not had any problems with it

APR193
22-09-2017, 22:39
I had the same problems in pcars 1, there are literally more options than buttons and now with the pit limiter too.....

My layout for pcars 2 is :
RB - Shift up
LB - Shift down
A - Headlights
X - Kers
Y - Windscreen wipers
B - Handbrake
Left stick click - Motec display
Right stick click - Pit limiter
D-pad up - ICM
D-pad down - Move seat down
D-pad left - Move seat forward
D-pad right - Move seat backward
View button - Change camera

Not being forced to have a button for looking back is a welcome change as it gives me an extra button. I'll have to worry about DRS when I get to that point though :p

Trippul G
22-09-2017, 23:39
It'd be nice if we could save our own custom controller presets for different disciplines and then load them on the fly...Rallycross (with the handbrake), Formula A (for DRS), etc.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 01:33
get a usb keyboard and you can adjust your seat with the q w e a s d keys on it after you press ctrl +k at the same time, the number pad on it also does the pitch up and down 8 and 2 I think it is. That's some buttons you can free up on your controller.

milliotseb
23-09-2017, 07:55
I thought usb keyboard was not working inside games (on Xbox1)
Also lights and wipers are switching on/off automaticaly if no button is assigned

Gix916
23-09-2017, 09:14
I had the same problems in pcars 1, there are literally more options than buttons and now with the pit limiter too.....

RB - Shift up
LB - Shift down
A - Headlights
X - Kers
Y - Windscreen wipers
B - Handbrake
Left stick click - Motec display
Right stick click - Pit limiter
D-pad up - ICM
D-pad down - Move seat down
D-pad left - Move seat forward
D-pad right - Move seat backward
View button - Change camera

Not being forced to have a button for looking back is a welcome change as it gives me an extra button. I'll have to worry about DRS when I get to that point though :p

once you have set the seat position it should stay the same for all cars so you can the re assign those buttons for other things. (mine auto set my seat up as I had it in PCars1)

also the view seems to actual stay as you selected it so if you always race in same view you do not need a change view button once you have initially changed it.

RB - Shift up
LB - Shift down
A - Wipers
X - Pit Limiter
Y - ICM
B - look back
D-pad up - ABS on/off
D-pad down - TCS on/off
D-pad left - cycle hud
D-pad right - spare
View button - headlights

APR193
23-09-2017, 09:19
Yeah I've noticed seat position saves per car (which is awesome) so I'll go through each car, get a seat position saved and then free up 3 extra buttons

breyzipp
23-09-2017, 10:09
Manual gears (auto clutch )
Headlights
Wipers
Kers
Drs
In car menus
View change

Just isn't enough buttons

If I race in bumper cam surely I won't need wipers
As there is no screen

Didnt have this problem in pc1

Great game btw not had any problems with it

If you don't bind headlights and wipers they will work automatically. I had them keybound as well in PCARS1 and liked it, but don't care anymore about it now. KERS and DRS are car dependant, didn't have a need for them yet. But I still have a lot of keys free. What I also bind is a key to change the MOTEC display.

Also don't forget pressing the sticks is also a button (L3 R3) and

I even used to have chair forward and backward on the left stick up and down for PCARS 1, that worked nice as well for seat positioning. Actually thinking about it, it would be absolutely great if those things could be added to the in-car menu. You can fix that during a practice session then.

I have pit request bound as well, but you can also get it via the in-car menu.

malcster
23-09-2017, 18:51
Thanks I'll have a remapping session later

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 21:40
I thought usb keyboard was not working inside games (on Xbox1)
Also lights and wipers are switching on/off automaticaly if no button is assigned
..... the camera movement works for me if I press ctrl+k at the same time AS IM LEAVING THE PITS OR AFTER IM ON TRACK.

breyzipp
24-09-2017, 02:15
I've set up my controller buttons now, got one button free (and 2 directions on a stick).
This is largely based on Forza FH2/FM6 but adapted a bit for games I played later (AC, PCARS, Dirt)

left stick up - {free} (might use this for seat forwards)
left stick down - {free} (might use this for seat backwards)
left stick left - steer left
left stick right - steer right
left stick button press - toggle Motec LCD

right stick up - look up
right stick down - look down
right stick left - look left
right stick right - look right
right stick button press - {free}

left trigger - brake
right trigger - throttle
left bumper - KERS
right bumper - cycle camera

D-pad left - cycle HUD
D-pad right - lap info
D-pad up - open ICM menu
D-pad down - DRS

X - gear down
B - gear up
A - handbrake
Y - request pitstop

view button - look back
menu button - default pauze menu (not sure you can even reassign this if you want)

I had wipers and headlights mapped for PCARS 1 but I can live without that, works fine on automatic. I tried the pit limiter but I actually prefer that automatic then you just gotta see that you enter the pits below 60 km/h and once that's fine it automatically limits and switches the limiter off once you rejoin the track and cross that line near the cones.

FIA
24-09-2017, 06:20
This Button thing is also a problem on a wheel, but some parts, with a wheel that is, have more, like the pressing the analog stick down button to see
the racing license, we can not do this, so we cant use this if its needs that button to be pressed, and in any other part too.

and there are lots of buttons that are duplicated on a wheel too, so thay cant be used

cxMilk
24-09-2017, 07:10
I had wipers and headlights mapped for PCARS 1 but I can live without that, works fine on automatic. I tried the pit limiter but I actually prefer that automatic then you just gotta see that you enter the pits below 60 km/h and once that's fine it automatically limits and switches the limiter off once you rejoin the track and cross that line near the cones.
Didn't know pit limiter can auto toggle as well. Hmm, wonder if it's worth the button save. Will have to do some testing. Unfortunately, I prefer having manual control over lights/wipers. Do the wipers run at proper speed (1x for light rain/2x for heavy rain) when set to auto toggle?

Sadly, with a wheel we have to be a bit more frugal than you pad users since we don't have L3/R3 options or a Right Stick equivalency.

breyzipp
24-09-2017, 08:35
Didn't know pit limiter can auto toggle as well. Hmm, wonder if it's worth the button save. Will have to do some testing. Unfortunately, I prefer having manual control over lights/wipers. Do the wipers run at proper speed (1x for light rain/2x for heavy rain) when set to auto toggle?

Sadly, with a wheel we have to be a bit more frugal than you pad users since we don't have L3/R3 options or a Right Stick equivalency.

Yeah I have a wheel as well, that is even worse for buttons since it doesn't have all buttons of the controller and you can't pan around in some modes (chase camera, photo mode). When I race with a wheel it's always with a controller next to me.

You don't need pit limiter for something else than immersion, its the same as with the lights and wipers.
And yes, wipers on auto do go: off / interval / normal speed / fast speed. For sure won't need that mapped other than immersion.
Headlights though I had 1 race at evening where the turned on a bit later than I wished (I thought), but driving with that Ginetta Junior I barely saw my own headlights from cockpit view, actually thought they were off, pretty weird. Only saw they actually did something when I was close to another car and I saw it's rear getting lit up from my headlights. Later on the cooldown lap I swapped from helmet cam to bonnet and then I saw the lights were in fact on, but such little illumination from them.

cxMilk
24-09-2017, 17:04
When I race with a wheel it's always with a controller next to me.
Yea, I got in the habit of doing that several months back with pCars after learning how useful the Right Stick can be at times.

You don't need pit limiter for something else than immersion, its the same as with the lights and wipers.
And yes, wipers on auto do go: off / interval / normal speed / fast speed. For sure won't need that mapped other than immersion.
Headlights though I had 1 race at evening where the turned on a bit later than I wished (I thought), but driving with that Ginetta Junior I barely saw my own headlights from cockpit view, actually thought they were off, pretty weird. Only saw they actually did something when I was close to another car and I saw it's rear getting lit up from my headlights. Later on the cooldown lap I swapped from helmet cam to bonnet and then I saw the lights were in fact on, but such little illumination from them.
Good to know. Will likely mess around with my mapping today.