PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Fanatec CSL Wheel (P1 Steering)

bluwaters
22-09-2017, 23:03
Hi Guys

Just started up for the first time and the game is not recognizing my Fanatec CSL Wheel (P1). I haven't gotten any further than this screen.
I've copied a screenshot from another person which seem to be having the same issue as myself (different language but same result)

Anyone can help or tell me if there is a workaround?
Thanks

madzaw
23-09-2017, 00:44
Same thing here. I can't select anything, I'm stuck on the Thrustmaster, and I have a Fanatec elite base with the P1 rim... bumping for a solution?
If it helps. I'm running latest firmware from fanatec(which is 331 I believe).
Thanks to anyone who can help us out!

Madzaw

Grea5eMunki
23-09-2017, 05:32
Same thing here. I can't select anything, I'm stuck on the Thrustmaster, and I have a Fanatec elite base with the P1 rim... bumping for a solution?
If it helps. I'm running latest firmware from fanatec(which is 331 I believe).
Thanks to anyone who can help us out!

Madzaw

I have the exact same problem. I updated my wheel firmware last week, but I will look if there is a newer one.

Bavarian Turbo
23-09-2017, 20:02
same here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51458-Two-Problems-on-Xbox-One

i hope for a patch soon

madzaw
24-09-2017, 12:57
same here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51458-Two-Problems-on-Xbox-One

i hope for a patch soon

Kind of strange to release a sim racing game on a console that has less than 5 different wheels maker, and not support them at launch. we all know they had to rush before the launch or forza but a statement or something would be appreciated...
I don't come to this board a lot, should we expect a answer from the dev team about the Fanatec problem, or they don't even come here ...

wippy
24-09-2017, 14:04
do you have it in xbox or pc mode

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 14:05
The Fanatec CSL detection issue is known, the devs are working on it.

Bavarian Turbo
24-09-2017, 14:37
The Fanatec CSL detection issue is known, the devs are working on it.

please do not forget, the error also occurs with the Fanatec V2 base and a P1 wheel

madzaw
24-09-2017, 15:10
do you have it in xbox or pc mode

Xbox mode..

Dazza1976
26-09-2017, 03:34
Same issue for me. Very disappointed ��

bluwaters
26-09-2017, 20:13
Just to follow up on this post ... i know the development team is working on a fix for my wheel but can i also ask that you check with the developers to see if they will be getting the shift lights on the wheel base to work as well? I am not sure if this is something to be done by you or Fanatec.
Thanks again

ntfsgtr
26-09-2017, 22:00
Happening to me too. Please fix!!

Orothil
03-10-2017, 06:36
Just to follow up on this post ... i know the development team is working on a fix for my wheel but can i also ask that you check with the developers to see if they will be getting the shift lights on the wheel base to work as well? I am not sure if this is something to be done by you or Fanatec.
Thanks again

I hope so too. But what I saw on the fanatec q/a its a microsoft issue. Same as not able to map more buttons ai the LB/RB buttons. is also a microsoft issue.

Kind regards

6gito
09-10-2017, 07:04
I use the Fanatec Elite on PC and there is no prob.
It's Microsoft that does not manage.
Buy a pc guys, for cars simulations this is the Top

JohnMc
11-10-2017, 20:08
I have a CSW v2.5 and Elite P1 Wheel, and I have exactly the same problem. I'm glad I've found this thread and will keep a keen eye on it as I'm very disappointed at the moment, especially as it says the V2.5 is compatible on their website of compatible wheels! I just spent 700 on a ruddy wheel and it's not :nightmare:

What settings are people running who are effected by this? I'm a bit of a tuning novice and could do with some help as I fiddled with them last night and now it's absolutely horrible now, I'm drivable in fact.

bluwaters
12-10-2017, 13:46
I use the Fanatec Elite on PC and there is no prob.
It's Microsoft that does not manage.
Buy a pc guys, for cars simulations this is the Top

Yeah - i keep hearing this over and over and it's becoming more and more a sad reality that these companies are forcing peoples hands to go to one specific device. If you make a product for multiple devices and advertise it for both devices (PC & XboxOne) then i think they should work equally on both devices and if they don't then communicate with the company which their device/platform doesn't work and come up with a solution for the consumers benefit. After all, you want us to buy your product so make sure it works before you release it.

People spend lots of good money to have a product that works and do not want to hear they have to buy another platform because the product that was advertised does not work with the system they have. It's false advertising and unfortunately it happens in today's industry with so many products.