PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Logitech G920 no steering PCARS 2

Lemming
22-09-2017, 23:13
Did a quick search and can't find this issue else where?

wheel isn't even showing rotation in calibration. Pedals calibrate and buttons can be assigned. Wheel is under load but not registering anything in game.
Tried both USB 2 and 3. Got latest drivers and firmware. Just spent about 2 hr trying to get it working...

Thought maybe it might be a USB power issue as I also have Oculus VR with 3 sensors, usb headphones with amp etc.
But I've just fired up Pcars 1 and the game runs fine.

Any ideas or better still solutions ;-)

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 23:15
In the Controller Settings, see if you can Edit Assignments and re-assign the Turn Left and Turn Right.

Lemming
22-09-2017, 23:34
In the Controller Settings, see if you can Edit Assignments and re-assign the Turn Left and Turn Right.

Already tried that, Now have button 'a' as turn left as it doesn't see the wheel at all.:rolleyes:

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 23:38
Try this....

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options

Lemming
22-09-2017, 23:48
Try this....

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings

untick all the options

tried, No Change, Also just downloaded a small multiplayer patch, So game is up to date. Was kind of hoping it was going to sneak a little wheel patch too.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:05
Also try actually starting a race, then pause, and see if you can assign the steering from the options inside the actual session, rather than at the main menu.

A couple of people have reported this worked.

Lemming
23-09-2017, 00:12
Also try actually starting a race, then pause, and see if you can assign the steering from the options inside the actual session, rather than at the main menu.

A couple of people have reported this worked.

Just tried that, No difference. All other buttons are working on the wheel and pedals. Wheel is under load, but no feed back or input from it.

Thanks for your help BTW.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:15
Another thing you can try....

Change the controller profile from the G920 to Custom Wheel.

Restart the game and then see if you can assign the steering in that profile.

Lemming
23-09-2017, 00:31
Tried, but a no go.

Comes up with assignments required before calibration. Managed to get the pedals to assign and calibrate. but when I try the wheel nothing happens at first then it saying multiple items where detected so nothing has been assigned. I've unplugged all USB cables apart from mouse, keyboard and wheel.

Time for bed now, 1.30am and I've got work tomorrow... :-(

If you think of anything else, please post and I'll try them tomorrow(later today)

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:40
This was for an FFB issue with the Logitech wheel, but may be "resetting" something that may also help your situation......

i turned off the game fully

unplugged the wheel and switched off power to it aswell

then closed the logitech profiler

loaded up the game without the wheel plugged in

in the control menu where the steering sensetivity is near the bottom is 2 options, speed sensitivity and damper saturation

i put these to 50 and closed the game, plugged in the wheel and loaded the game back up

Sampo
23-09-2017, 01:19
Wasn't there something wrong with the "new" Logitech drivers for Win10 during development? The drivers that I'm using are from 2013 (for Win7), but there's a driver package from 2016 as well and it's named lgs510_x64 like the earlier one. Is there another package that comes with Win10 too? I might be way wrong with this. I seem to remember people saying to reinstall logitech drivers after some Win10 update.

Lemming
23-09-2017, 15:29
Tried this, but it didn't work. Reinstalled latest drivers. a hey presto wheel is working. Very frustrating as I'd already reinstall the bloody thing half a dozen times. Just got to get the feedback right now. Feels very weak compared to PCARS 1.

Thanks guys for your help and time, much appreciated.