PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Game not detecting Logitech G27/G25

Danielo944
22-09-2017, 23:44
Tried everything for the past hour, windows ten btw

Here's what I tried:

Deleted Logitech profiler software and uninstalled drivers from device manager and restarted, reinstalled without controller plugged in and then plugged it in so it could detect it, at this time, windows 10 also did an automatic driver update to the controller
Tried above but with controller plugged in too
Tried running the game without the profiler

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really wanted to try this game out today.

Morgan Henstridge
22-09-2017, 23:46
Does the G27 detect and move as expected in the Windows USB/Game Controllers section???

Also try the following ....

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

Danielo944
22-09-2017, 23:51
Yes it is detected and moves as expected in Windows and registers all the inputs properly. I will try what you mentioned and get right back to you.

Danielo944
22-09-2017, 23:53
Your fix worked for me! I can't believe it was that simple, thank you!

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:07
Mad Al actually found that setting for an Xbox 360 control pad. I have never even seen it myself :)

It appears to be messing with a few different USB devices in different PC Configs, which sucks, but glad you are up and running.

Sampo
23-09-2017, 01:29
Damn, that's a real hidden bomb. This should be a sticky.

Aldo Zampatti
23-09-2017, 01:34
Yup, Sticky it is

SnakyTheToops
23-09-2017, 11:47
Hi !
It doesn't work for me. G27 not recognized at all. It's works yesterday (but not all buttons) but today not !

Wagnard
26-09-2017, 01:03
Just wanted to say that I fixed my issue with the G25 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder.

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 01:05
Just wanted to say that I fixed my issue with the G25 not working by erasing C:\Users\"Your user name"\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder.

Thankss for posting back!

jukeboxhero199
26-09-2017, 09:27
yo tried everything listed above still nothing works tried reinstalling the device multiple port switches with non 3.0 usb deleted device in device manager and devices and blue tooth. kinda stoopid of to install the logitech profiler didn't work uninstalled it never got a driver update i mean really this is like going to extreams to get this to work im very unhappy. on another note the game itself is freaking awesome btw great job sm but really need my wheel to work to get the full experiance any ideas would be dope this community is amazing btw. i am a backer of the orignal and i am very glad to see the game turn into what it has.

Gambit74
28-09-2017, 08:41
I fixed mine by going into the button assignment clicking on the x axis assignment, turning the wheel and then doing the wheel calibration. Originally I only had the buttons working

Luseba
29-09-2017, 01:16
I reinstalled logitech profile drivers, then switched the wheel (G27) to another USB port (front port) and windows recognized it like a new device and BINGO...no more random crashes to desktop or bugsplatts so far!!!!.
Maybe a USB or Logitech drivers conflict there, whatever. I ve been playing a few hours so far and no more troubles.
PD. sorry for my english...not my native language!!!.

lleventll
02-10-2017, 19:21
Hi, I am using modified G27. It's SteeringWheel is OMP. I found a golden ffb setting . I think this setting make steering very realistic. If you wish you can try it.
Select RAW - Gain 100, Vol 37 , tone 53, fx 0 . In configuration: speed sensitivity 50 . I feel every car special. Every car is reflecting it's own steering characteristic very well when I use these settings. For non-modified g27s, vol value may be lower. Drive la Ferrarri, mclaren 720 s, caterham, acura nsx, lotus 25 .... Please give a feed back about this setting . ( I tried jack's ffb but maybe they are for fanatec like steering wheels, I didnt like them)

SnakyTheToops
06-10-2017, 19:48
G27 detected as GT Driving Force Wheel on PC : the problem is not located in PC2 but in Windows 10 ! Found this solution wich worked fin for me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV0kYPRLboE

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 20:16
^ Glad you got it sorted out but that's old news know.
Also the easy way is to just delete the Logitech Profiler and then re-install it.

SnakyTheToops
08-10-2017, 09:17
Hi Roger.

I tried to delete Logitech Profiler, rename and suppress Logitechs folders and many other things but the only way of running correctly my G27 was to apply the procedure described in the video.

Ps : sorry for my poor english, i'm french.... :p

Krobo
16-10-2017, 00:28
Hi, I have and issue (from day 1) with my G27 ..
First , I'm on win 7 .
2nd , I'm using Jack Spades
But this was happening before I started using JS files /..
OK I built a profile for my wheel ,set the buttons how I like ectt.. it took & saved and works !
My issue is from time to time in-between sessions the game will loose the wheel & peddles ..Like I wait to get into a MP lobby ..finally get in, go to drive and no wheel or peddles ..I have to back out and restart the game to get the wheel back .. I tried just going to options /wheel settings ..I see my wheel and all the buttons are still assigned I even re adjust the sliders back n forth then exit/save but it wont see the wheel , it just doesn't work until I rs the whole game .. Then it will work but only the first time like say I do off line practice , then go to MP and I get in and no wheel again ,have to rs the game and go strait to MP then I have wheel again ..
Anyone seen this happening ?

Thx !

lleventll
18-10-2017, 06:05
here is my settings: it is awsome.
important right click on logitech profiler icon in tray and select close. in game, raw,gain 100, vol 45, tone 60, fx 35

this sim is unbelievable.

Owesome
02-11-2017, 08:37
here is my settings: it is awsome.
important right click on logitech profiler icon in tray and select close. in game, raw,gain 100, vol 45, tone 60, fx 35
So you shut down the profiler before starting pcars2?

Messing around with the wheel since yesterday... again. It runs ok, but Im not satisfied. Does Softlock work for anyone here?
Wheel is calibrated to 900. There is kind of a soft lock. I can feel a drag at around at around 225 in every direction and the wheel animation stops there also in game.
The problem - this is the case for every car. So all road cars/gt3 (which would be kind of ok) but also Formula 1 or GoKart (where this settings are really a pain).
The option in the Logitech Profiler, that applications can change the settings, is active.

Owesome
30-11-2017, 10:28
Just wanted to confirm that patch 3.0 fixed the problem for me. (post above)

lanceyx
02-12-2017, 16:05
after latest patch my g27 don't work at all. I tried reinstall logitech profiler but that didn't help. PC 2 is only game it's now working. Tried Assetto Corsa and wheel works fine there. Any help please?
Nevermind that i got it to work. After several reboots it suddenly works now

Unzen
26-12-2017, 15:44
Does the G27 detect and move as expected in the Windows USB/Game Controllers section???

Also try the following ....

Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

You are a life-saver!

Just setup my wheel stand and pedals to get zero input from the G25. Spent a good while messing with the Logitech software, etc - but to no avail.

I can't believe that something so simple actually works!

Once again - thank you.

pferreirag60
03-01-2018, 15:35
Posted this in another topic but maybe here, it will help some user.

The G25 and the first G27, have a pooling range of 500HZ, they use a optic wheel with 60 slots and the latter G27 and the new models G920, have a 30 slots, so I suppose less pooling range.

So I use the "-600hz" parameter, 140% of forces in the control panel, and in game with immersion, gain=100 Volume=between 60 and 77, Tone=90 and the last one 35-50, in some cars I surely feel wheel lighter in losses of frontal traction!

freeman29pt
03-01-2018, 18:11
My G25 steering wheel stops working properly on PC2. During a race, the turning angle changes. Does anyone have the same problem? Any solution? The FFB also looks different. The only solution I found was to restart the game :(.

Edit:

After all, the problem is not the steering wheel, but the game. After a pit stop the game loads a different setup :(. It also happens randomly during during laps, Race, Qualify or Practice. I am driving and suddenly the game changes the setup.

This game is full of incredible errors.

Petardo
28-04-2018, 17:27
Hi guys

I read all the previous post about the windows 10 update,etc,but this is not my problem.I usually use windows 10.but i have to format my pc an reinstall it all.My problem now is that with windows 10 64 bits,a lot of times installing and reinstalling Logitech gaming software version (The lastes one and previous versions,for example 8.58.183) nothing work for me.In the game (PJ cars 1 and 2) when in try to calibrate the wheel,nothing happens,nothing about the wheel grades and nothing about the pedals,simply nothign,but in the LGS software and windows 10 itself,the wheeel always recongnice fine and works fine,about the wheeel degrees and about pedals.I already tried the Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings and didnt work.What you recomend me????Asseto corsa and f1 2015 its works!!!!How its possible?

Mahjik
28-04-2018, 19:11
Asseto corsa and f1 2015 its works!!!!How its possible?

The other titles don't actually use the Logitech API, they just use the device as a standard USB device. PC1/PC2 actually use the Logitech API.

Petardo
29-04-2018, 10:26
The other titles don't actually use the Logitech API, they just use the device as a standard USB device. PC1/PC2 actually use the Logitech API.

Ok ok thx for the info,but how could i try to fix it?Any iddea?

Mahjik
29-04-2018, 17:17
Ok ok thx for the info,but how could i try to fix it?Any iddea?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what is going on. Inside of PC2, when you go to calibrate your wheel, does it not recognize when you are turning the wheel?

Petardo
01-05-2018, 17:04
I'm not sure I understand exactly what is going on. Inside of PC2, when you go to calibrate your wheel, does it not recognize when you are turning the wheel?
Yes,thas right.My wheel and my pedals are not recognized in the game,the bars that represent the degrees(wheel) and the intensity of the pedals when you push it,does not move any bar when you try to calibrate it.

Psych0naut
01-05-2018, 18:00
For Logitech G25,G27,DFGT users, I had the exact same problem with my Wheel, here is what i did to fix it after hours of frustration.
I got the Previous version of the Logitech software.

Version 5.09 64 bit version.

I used to use the 5.10x64 drivers but after the last windows 10 update yesterday my wheel would not work no matter what i did.

Here is a link from the logitech website.

ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs509_x64.exe

Good luck

kstadden
10-05-2018, 15:59
Psych0naut , thanks for the suggestion. I uninstalled 5.10, rebooted, installed 5.09 that you graciously provided a link for, and unfortunately I'm still getting dead wheel and pedals in the game.
(Also tried safe mode in Windows, figuring I could cut out anything that might be interfering, but couldn't even get the game to run in that.)

Not giving up-- I've tried the game using keyboard and it's mind-blowingly good-- really going to be worth the effort. There MUST be a way for me to get the G25 working on Windows 10!

Is there anyone with Windows 10/G25 combo out there who is willing to share a few technical details with me?

CNCfan
11-05-2018, 16:05
I have been having the same problem as everyone else. My G920 wheel would not work in PC2. Tried everything I could find on the internet, nothing worked. I finally put a dual boot on my PC running Windows 10 and installed Windows 8.1 on it.. Bit of a pain have to load Windows 8.1 everytime I want to play but better than not playing.

kstadden
13-05-2018, 13:30
CNCfan, thanks for sharing that. It's good to know that dual boot is a viable option.

CNCfan
14-05-2018, 02:29
Welcome kstadden

Also After Windows 8.1 did all it's update's PC2 is still working. Was a bit worried about that.

CNCfan
14-05-2018, 04:29
Welcome kstadden

Also After Windows 8.1 did all it's update's PC2 is still working. Was a bit worried about that.

Scratch that about working after updating. Do not update after loading 8.1 if you use it this way, wheel will not work
as it does not in Win 10.

Mahjik
14-05-2018, 16:30
This seemed to work for this G29/G920 user:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/3211505894142150109/?ctp=2#c2828702373005604635

kstadden
15-05-2018, 21:24
OH... MY... HEAVENS... IT WORKED.

Specifically, it was as simple as deleting one file!
"... delete the file found in Documents / ProjectCars2 / savegames / (some numbers) / projectcars2 / profiles and the file is called " default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav " - this advice was from CyberSkull28.

Thanks for pointing me to that Mahjik, and thanks to all you guys who kept throwing solutions at me. This forum is the best. WOOOOO HOOOOO

etn
17-05-2018, 22:31
Hi guys. Yesterday got win 10 1803 update and timely my G25 stopped working.
It’s a win 10 bug, every major update makes G25 seen as Formula Force Ex (don’t know why). Have to uninstall Logitech gaming software and then reinstall (note 5.10 x64) and recalibrate the wheel. This works for me every time
Hope may be useful

pferreirag60
05-06-2018, 12:57
Windows 10 pro (x64) here, and never had any problem with my g25, always worked. Maybe something with windows 10 home ?

General
17-08-2018, 16:26
Hello,
first i'd like you to know i am the last known computer noob on this planet.
I simply don't understand any of it and therefor use it most of the time as a typewriter.
But now i have tried to use it as a game platform for the very first time.
After racing LiveForSpeed for quiet a while i wanted to upgrade the performance, skills and fun by racing ProjectCars2.
And there started my problem....

After my Google search a long list of experiences and questions appeared and finally brought me to this thread so i think you can guess my issues;
PC2 doesn't recognise my G25 brake and clutch pedals!
(throttle works so at least i can drive (sort of) oval races)

"... delete the file found in Documents / ProjectCars2 / savegames / (some numbers) / projectcars2 / profiles and the file is called " default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav " didn't do the trick.
Not even after a restart of my computer.
It actually brought me more problems because at first it didn't recognise the G25 wheel anymore (and also lost the throttle pedal).
After lots of panic and smashing the keyboard it finally recognised the wheel again but the steering and pedals still don't work.
(it says it got multiple inputs when i try to re-assign the buttons?)

What am i doing wrong here?
Or is there somewhere a HOW2 for NOOBS to get my G25 working for PC2?
(oh, forgot to mention the wheels still works fine for LFS)

Again, my wheel is a G25 (incl shifter)
My computer is an i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz with a GTX1050 with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated VRAM, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD and running on Windows10
(I have no clue what this all means)

I hope someone can help me out since there are clearly many issues with the G25 combined with PC2, but it seems my knowledge is wayyyyyyyyy to short to get rid of this problem.
Thanks in advanced.

p.s. English isn't my own language so sorry if i'm not clear to you.
Just ask and i'll try to explane myself in other words.
Greetings from the Netherlands.

Mad Al
17-08-2018, 18:20
first and foremost check the options in Steam

General
17-08-2018, 18:33
first and foremost check the options in Steam

Thank you.
Forgot to mention i did that already aswell.
Didn't work.

Qatermain
10-09-2018, 05:46
I bought the game this evening and I've tried everything in this thread to get my G25 to work in PC2. I'm certain that Windows 10 is recognizing it properly as all the calibration tests outside the game work; but shortly after I launch PC2 through Steam, the wheel will rotate 180 degrees and be off-centered.

Does anyone know what is causing that? Very frustrated right now.

eXCepTIoN_GER
22-12-2018, 20:36
I bought the game this evening and I've tried everything in this thread to get my G25 to work in PC2. I'm certain that Windows 10 is recognizing it properly as all the calibration tests outside the game work; but shortly after I launch PC2 through Steam, the wheel will rotate 180 degrees and be off-centered.

Does anyone know what is causing that? Very frustrated right now.

"Ok, my G25 is working now.... hidden at the bottom of the Control Scheme list of options is a "Reset to defaults" option. Selected this and restarted game, was then able to calibrate my G25."
got this answer from this thread:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/1496741765128909491/?ctp=1
JUST RESETTING IT HELPED! Was just able to calibrate the wheel in the beginning