PDA

View Full Version : Pit stops

jimortality
23-09-2017, 00:16
I have the option to bind a key for pit stops but nothing happens when I press it? cheers:eagerness:

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:19
What track / session type etc??

Mine worked fine last night. Should hear a verbal confirmation from Ben Collins if you have that enabled, and should see a graphic of a Pit Board (right hand side by default).

F1_Racer68
23-09-2017, 00:20

Mine worked fine last night. Should hear a verbal confirmation from Ben Collins if you have that enabled, and should see a graphic of a Pit Board (right hand side by default).

Been working flawlessly for me. Not a game wide issue.

retep998
23-09-2017, 00:34
The pit stop key was working for me earlier, but after a couple races it stopped working. I double checked my bindings and the binding is definitely there, but pushing the key no longer activates the pit stop. I can still request a pit stop using the menu though.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 00:37
The pit stop key was working for me earlier, but after a couple races it stopped working. I double checked my bindings and the binding is definitely there, but pushing the key no longer activates the pit stop. I can still request a pit stop using the menu though.

If you map it to something else, and back out of the menus to save, then assign it to the original key again, does it start working again??

jimortality
23-09-2017, 00:54

I don't get any confirmation from Ben Collins but I'll keep having a play around with it cheers

retep998
23-09-2017, 13:38
If you map it to something else, and back out of the menus to save, then assign it to the original key again, does it start working again??

I tried changing the request pit stop to another button, tried pressing the button and no pit stop was requested. Tried changing it back, and the button still did not work. Requesting a pit stop from the car management menu works so it's not like I'm not allowed to pit.

jimortality
23-09-2017, 20:40
Ok, so I tried a different button for pit stops and it worked but then went back to the original button and it doesn't work. Also, when I bring up car management and select pit stop, how do you know If it's confirmed it? I just go to close and no pit board. Cheers

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 23:06
I have tried pit stops. I pick a strategy such as change to wet tires and request a pit stop. When I come in the tire changers have the tires on the ground next to them, but just kneel down and then get back up and do not change the tires.
After doing more testing,the pit stops seem to only work during a race session. I was trying during a private testing session or practice and pit stops do not work. Is this intended to work this way or is this a bug?