PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] PC2 does not recognize T300 wheel

DattMtn
23-09-2017, 01:53
I have installed the drivers and updated the firmware for the PC to Thrustmaster. Windows is seeing the inputs as a controller. I have defined the buttons and controller axis's through the Steam controller management page and I am not getting any input in the game menu. I have chosen the T300 input and when I try to calibrate wheel or pedals I get nothing. It looks like a lot of people are having a similar issue and I have tried the "untick all the boxes" in the steam controller settings too. I have no idea what is going on, very aggravating.

Aldo Zampatti
23-09-2017, 01:58
I have installed the drivers and updated the firmware for the PC to Thrustmaster. Windows is seeing the inputs as a controller. I have defined the buttons and controller axis's through the Steam controller management page and I am not getting any input in the game menu. I have chosen the T300 input and when I try to calibrate wheel or pedals I get nothing. It looks like a lot of people are having a similar issue and I have tried the "untick all the boxes" in the steam controller settings too. I have no idea what is going on, very aggravating.

Try this:
Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

Ian Bell
23-09-2017, 01:59

If you have a shifter unplug it. Then reattach after the wheel is recognised. This works on PS so it might help. Meanwhile we're looking into it.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 02:00
Try going into a game session and then pause, and see if they can be assigned in the in-race menu.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 02:03
I don't know what steam controller management is but, just delete (or move) you /my documents/project cars 2 folder. Then turn the wheel ON and let it calibrate (I assume it rotates both ways before it's ON). Then start pC2.

In the controllers menu it should be shown (also should show separate pedals <- this is important).

If so you shouldn't need to assign anything.

PS: this will reset anything career and all the settings (visual, audio, assignments, ...)

/edit

How to be mega ninja'd 1o1...

DattMtn
23-09-2017, 02:25
I changed my controller settings to generic xbox controller and have successfully remapped nearly all the controls and can move around the game via the D pad. I can even change settings such as steering deadzone etc. by turning the wheel, then why the heck can't I get the steering input in game to be controlled by the wheel?! All my friends that have purchase this game so far have been having terrible trouble with the controller inputs, should I be expecting a patch to fix this as this seems to be software based?

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 02:59
Did you try anything of the above?

tennenbaum
08-10-2017, 01:53
Try this:
Steam -> Settings-> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> untick all the options

That saved me! Thanks Aldo.

I was going crazy, close to reinstall the entire game. It's really so wicked this hidden reason for failure in steam.

And somehow it is also connected with the shifter issue Ian Bell mentioned. The whole crap started when i tried to connect the th8a shifter using the din adapter going directly in my t300rs wheel base, which (of course?) didn't work, because i suppose now, with PC the shifter must be connected with USB cable directly to PC. (And of course this is the cable you don't find anymore when you need it. And no hint from Thrustmaster how much this can lead you in the woods... :-( Besides it seems you can only get that th8a usb cable directly from Thrustmaster... I really hope this thread will be found be the (many?) people on PC who run into the same nerv wrecking problem.