PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] G25/G27 Problem Dead zone.

Gsx31
23-09-2017, 02:40
Hello,

I have a problem with my steering wheel G25. On straight line, I have no information in the steering wheel.
There is only when I move a little the steering wheel from right to left on some millimeters that I feel something.
On departure, it is similar, I have none information, I do not feel the brutality of the acceleration which can have Formula A

I tried with several cars, of roads, races, former and new, I always have this problem.

In PCars 1 there was a regulation to delete the dead zone, but I do not find him in this PCars 2 and it's a pity parce it is what could do that the FFB of PCars 2 is almost perfect.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 03:12
Did you check Jack Spade's files?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files&highlight=jack+spade

Gsx31
23-09-2017, 04:44
Hello,

Yes, I tried with the file ffb_custom_settings - stan hi comp of Jack Spade.

I took Porshe GT3 on Fujy but in a straight line, there is no information, the slightest small vibration in the steering wheel.

It's a pity because after the FFB is really not bad.

I saw on this comment that on the version PC we could always modify a file, but me does not understand(include) or is file, and what it is necessary to modify. (I am French)
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51468-T300RS-FFB-Deadzone&p=1356902&viewfull=1#post1356902

I give you my regulations FFB

BRUT
100 80 50 70 50

I specify that I made the calibration of the steering wheel

StefB
23-09-2017, 23:01
Same here, on pcars 1 this dead zone could be better with a gain just above 100% (i have 105 on pcars1 and it works fine), and some modification on the "plage de suppression de zone morte" (sorry this is the name in french)
Too bad we can't have the same on pcars2.
On assetto corsa an option "minimum force" is used for that. Could be good to have this too

Gsx31
24-09-2017, 05:49
Solved problem. I found that it was necessary to modify the files of Jack Spade to find the regulation of the abolition of the dead zone.

It is also necessary to settle the Profile to PresonnalisÚ so that the regulations of the file Jack Spade are taken into account

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files&p=1360832&viewfull=1#post1360832

StefB
25-09-2017, 08:43
Solved problem. I found that it was necessary to modify the files of Jack Spade to find the regulation of the abolition of the dead zone.

It is also necessary to settle the Profile to PresonnalisÚ so that the regulations of the file Jack Spade are taken into account

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files&p=1360832&viewfull=1#post1360832

Thanks this solved the problem, but i when theses lines are modified, i found the "feeling" is not as good as it was.
I have it working fine now, just changing to "immersive" instead of customized (or even raw for testing). gain 100% and all options to 50% and the last one (the only with no help :D ) to 1
I find this very good, and .. with this i have no more deadzone and driving is very nice.

thanks for the help.

StefB
26-09-2017, 12:15
New test ... humm depending on settings and cars i loose the force on straight line, (i made many laps each time to confirm) sometimes ,and more often, nothing, sometimes a few heavy, too bad, because i find the ffb is on the other way very good
Looking at the ffb informations in the hud, i see that no force is apllied at all. (haven't checked in some cases where there's suddenly a heavy force when going straitght )
I read some forums , and it seems whe are some people in this case. is this a know problem ?
Note i use on the same pc other racing games and don't have this problem, except in assetto corsa if i don't use 15% minimum force.

Thanks for reading

Gsx31
26-09-2017, 16:38
Hello,

The problem does not come from the regulation of the dead zone, it is due to the fact that certain tracks have a surface so smooth as a mirror.
I did not make out a will to them all, but there would be apparently, 35 tracks with a bad surface :ambivalence:

All laser scanned tracks and a few others have enough road feel and yes unfortunately quite a few none laser scanned tracks seem a bit boring, that┤s why we now have the artificial
road noise feature which is present in the standard files. In WMD forum I often plead to give those tracks in question the nice micro bump treatment of the PC1 DLC tracks, as you
can see now no success.

There is a thing that I have a little of evil to be understood.
How were they able to take out a game with so many tracks as smoother as a mirror, on whom have has any felt on straight line?

Any person who knows how to make a track for games as Assetto Corsa, Rfactor, Automobolista ... etc. at his home at the house, will manage to make a track with some asphalt which looks like some asphalt, with microbump.

In all other games, there is/are not only scanned tracks, nevertheless in the great majority of the cases, they have all microbump.

For me it is an excellent game. He is much better than PCars 1. But there are really far too many tracks, on which have more wants to run because they are too smooth.
I hope that they are very quickly going to correct

F2kSel
26-09-2017, 16:58
Yes I went from Knockhill to Donington and was very disappointed at track feel at Donington, some cars are also worse than others and when you get a bad combo you feel nothing.

StefB
26-09-2017, 19:29
Hello,

The problem does not come from the regulation of the dead zone, it is due to the fact that certain tracks have a surface so smooth as a mirror.
I did not make out a will to them all, but there would be apparently, 35 tracks with a bad surface :ambivalence:

Ok thanks you, i made tests a first on a track (don't remember the one) , the the next day on another (sugo), i'll try again, and if you're right, it means jack spades files or wait for a patch ... :(

Gsx31
26-09-2017, 22:05
I have just opened a subject for this problem of too smoother tracks

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53006-Too-many-tracks-smoother-than-a-mirror