PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 bug reporting Thread

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-09-2017, 03:26
I can confirm that FFB does not change when in a race and switch from raw to what ever it stays the same. Needs a sticky to report problems

gotdirt410sprintcar
24-09-2017, 03:03
Ok FFB changed in pits seems too stick, changing it on track does not stick. And I calibrated my wheel too 1080 the wheel slams too right when leaving the garage.

Could be menu spring I haven't touched that yet

AHMA_FIN
28-09-2017, 07:03
-In chase view ghost car and headlights off (in night run).
-In career mode (Formula rookie/ first race) I qualified 1st and start race at 1st grid but immediately after green lights I drop last place with time gap 1:21:00!!!!!!!!!
-some shadow glittering
-some green/blue color spot issues on screen.

St4r8ucK
28-09-2017, 07:30
Please use the existing topic : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51635-bug-report-thread-(PS4)

scottish-jim
16-05-2018, 12:16
Hi all, new to the Forum and apologies that my first post is here.

I wasn't sure if I should post here or in the Support Sub Forum. Moderators please let me know and I will re-post.

I briefly played the game for the first time yesterday and straight away I found what might be a small bug. (Not a great start :( ) I'd like my PC2 experience to be as good as possible.

I read through the previous, now closed, bug reporting thread and saw that JoshTheGeologist had mentioned this on 25/09/2017. So I thought I would mention it again in case it was missed.

I started a Private Testing session at Daytona International Speedway Rallycross and as soon as I move the car I am getting Lap Time invalidated messages (Mix - different each time). This kinda put me off a bit and wasn't the best first experience of the game. Haven't tried any other Testing Sessions yet.

On the plus side I enjoyed a couple of Rallycross races :)

I do have some screenshots but I'm not allowed to post them yet.

1. Lap time invalidated by the race director + Lap time invalidated due to previous sector.

2. Lap time invalidated due to previous sector.

3. Lap time invalidated by the race director + Current and next lap times will be invalidated.

4. Lap time invalidated by the race director + Current and next lap times will be invalidated + Lap time invalidated due to previous sector.

I got each of the above after restarting.

Zaskarspants
16-05-2018, 13:37
If you get a penalty in the last sector in tt you will often get that and the next lap disqualified. Just restart the session to avoid if you do make an error.

scottish-jim
16-05-2018, 14:09
That's ok but I was getting the messages off the starting grid without having done any laps. I restarted the session each time.

I've made a video clip to show it
https://youtu.be/ahO_Soaq09c

hasslemoff
16-05-2018, 16:24
That's ok but I was getting the messages off the starting grid without having done any laps. I restarted the session each time.

I've made a video clip to show it
https://youtu.be/ahO_Soaq09c

It looks like it's invalidating your lap because it's starting at the race start point, which is off the racing line.
If you tried the same in TT mode not private session the car starts on track which will not invalidate your lap.

Basically the penalty system counts the rallycross start line as off the race track which incurs a penalty at the start of a private session running the next lap clean will get rid of it.

I always run with penalties off when just running by myself no need for them really.

scottish-jim
16-05-2018, 17:04
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you say about the starting point being off the track and it makes sense.

Shame the game can't cope with that little aspect of rallycross. It was my first time playing PC2 and I found it a little off-putting.

I was hoping to use the private testing to learn the cars and tracks etc before entering the time trials.

I guess I'll just work around it.

DeanUK
18-05-2018, 02:37
Anyone else get the bug where your car freezes on start line at the end of qualifying, just as you cross the line. It locks the lobby until you quit. Usually happens when you are the host.

Dave White
18-05-2018, 14:08
Yep, that happens a lot Dean. In our league races we have a rule that no-one is allowed to cross the finish line after the time runs out, because the freezes ruin too many races.

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 03:01
Anyone else get the bug where your car freezes on start line at the end of qualifying, just as you cross the line. It locks the lobby until you quit. Usually happens when you are the host.

Not sure about host, but if you just hit Options and do a 'Return to Pits', all that stuff clears up for me.

I guess host needs to return to pits before Qualy finishes at the moment... Unless the Options trick works for you.

Konan
23-05-2018, 04:47
Not sure about host, but if you just hit Options and do a 'Return to Pits', all that stuff clears up for me.

I guess host needs to return to pits before Qualy finishes at the moment... Unless the Options trick works for you.

Yes this should work for everyone...once this thing started to happen the people on the League i follow just do what you said in your post right before they cross the finish line.

simsimsheree
23-05-2018, 06:36
Yes this should work for everyone...once this thing started to happen the people on the League i follow just do what you said in your post right before they cross the finish line.

Actually, I do it AFTER I've crossed the line. I haven't had a total freeze, just weirdness graphically and in the wheel FFB. And I always end up in the pits, no problems.

But if hosts totally freeze and the 'Option>Return to Pits' doesn't work, there really is no point in even coming to the line, is there? If hosts freeze, they shouldn't do the last lap at all (you won't get a time from it anyway!).

ProjectCARSFiend
25-05-2018, 00:49
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I’m just wondering, why does when I go into the game, in Custom Race it sometimes shows the Mclaren 720S as the last car that I used, even though it wasn’t? Like I said, it doesn’t always do this, just randomly which is why I’m a bit confused.

Zaskarspants
25-05-2018, 10:15
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but Iím just wondering, why does when I go into the game, in Custom Race it sometimes shows the Mclaren 720S as the last car that I used, even though it wasnít? Like I said, it doesnít always do this, just randomly which is why Iím a bit confused.

I have had that, it appears benign.

edit - sorry, my mistake, this is on xb, but sounds same.

ProjectCARSFiend
26-05-2018, 04:05
Anyone else experiencing this “bug” on PS4 too? Or if anyone knows why this might be happening.