PDA

View Full Version : T300 Project Cars 2 setting... what we gonna do?

simini76
23-09-2017, 05:36
Hi,
i spent last 24 hours to take the right setting on my T300.... but i'm still confuse.
Help...

Exoil
23-09-2017, 06:31
No matter what settings you use and is to your liking in one car, another car need other settings unfortunately.

Nu-lee
23-09-2017, 07:00
That was also the case with PC1, however I didn't change the settings there for every car and still had a decent feel in ffb for all cars. And yes it's different for everyone, I tried some settings other people use but it wasn't my style. For what it's worth, this is what I use for now:

All deadzone: 0
Steering/throttle/brake/clutch sensitivity: 50
Speed sensitivity: 0
Damping saturation: 15

Flavour: informative
Gain: 85
Volume: 45
Tone: 50
FX: 55

With this my laptimes came out faster than my friends who are at the same level of racing...

Zenzic
23-09-2017, 07:36
@Exoll: Not sure if that's right. Not every car should feel the same.

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-09-2017, 07:45
Hi,
i spent last 24 hours to take the right setting on my T300.... but i'm still confuse.
Help...

I have a T300. All I've done is set the deadzone to zero and use Immersive flavour. I'm happy on the cars Ive tried it on (Renault Clio, Indycar and a few more I can't remember after a beery night racing with mates.)

Essteedee
23-09-2017, 08:05
I have a T300. All I've done is set the deadzone to zero and use Immersive flavour. I'm happy on the cars Ive tried it on (Renault Clio, Indycar and a few more I can't remember after a beery night racing with mates.)

Expanding on that just to confirm you are using a t300 on PS4 right? So your gain is at 100?

I'm new to this steering wheel thing but I'm wary to push my t300 to hard as I know they are prone to fail quickly if ya do. How do I read the telemetry to know if it ain't clipping etc I don't at all understand the bar graph in the bottom right of the telemetry hud for instance.

And I have noticed that if playing on settings with high gain/volume a bit of muscle has to come into getting the car to steer again referring to my previous statement - I don't mind the FFB I just don't wanna break the damn thing.

porkovich
23-09-2017, 08:32
I have played with the settings for some time now and here are my findings.

RAW
GAIN - 67
VOLUME - 35
TONE - 45
FX - 57

I really have problems with gain on 100, where the FFB spikes are so violent that after some laps on Brands Hatch i cannot stay focused. I was searching for a better feel of the car and what happens on the track, but with less FFB strength. Found out that i am much more consistent that way, but sure was not wanting to trade the feeling for better lap times.
A main problem i that i have not driven a race car, or a 300hp street car in real life, so i have no idea how heavy the will wheel feels, and surely every car will be different. So for tuning the individual cars i have mapped Volume to some buttons and increase / decrease it on the go with every different car, beginning with that 35 i have set.

sunshine
23-09-2017, 08:41
All deadzone: 0
Steering/throttle/brake/clutch sensitivity: 50
Speed sensitivity: 0
Damping saturation: 15

Flavour: informative
Gain: 85
Volume: 45
Tone: 50
FX: 55

Thank you! I think my T300RS on PS4 PRO is much better now.

Nu-lee
23-09-2017, 09:21
I have played with the settings for some time now and here are my findings.

RAW
GAIN - 67
VOLUME - 35
TONE - 45
FX - 57

There's a youtube clip somewhere on this forum explainig ffb settings for t300. A wmd developer said that RAW flavour is made for direct drive wheels on PC. Consoleplayers with fanatec/thrustmaster/logitec wheels should use the other 2, didn't use raw settings since then...

PrimalVigilante
23-09-2017, 09:29
I tried the other 2 last night (started playing at 8 and finished at 7 this morning lol) different wheel I know but I have a thrustmaster TMX on XB1. I tried all 3 settings and I know raw is supposed to be for PC but it was the only one I got on with. I set it up gain 75, volume 70 and FX 60. It felt awesome. Every car I tried felt great. The other 2 settings gave me steering wheel shake in a straight line unless I turned the gain down so much it felt dead. I checked for clipping while driving on the data screen and it went up to 60-80% but not red. Awesome game well happy.

antonpaco
23-09-2017, 12:28
The setting on the wheel is a PRIORITY, probabilly you never had a wheel to play.

Exoil
23-09-2017, 13:03
@Exoll: Not sure if that's right. Not every car should feel the same.

No, of course not, but every car should be driveable on the same ffb settings when they simplified it and are not allowing us to finetune every car :D

itonz
23-09-2017, 13:12
I use T300rs I try to CALIBRATE and adjust FFB many times, Now it's not good enough but not a big deal.

My big deal is... I set Steering dead zone to ZERO but I feel had the dead zone around 10˚ when rotate.

simini76
23-09-2017, 18:05
Thanks to all guys!
Mixed some tip and now i'm driving with this:
INFORMATIVE
...but i'm still thinking that there's something wrong in this game..... when you take a feeling in a way.... you lose something in the another...:confused:

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 18:06
There seems to be a generic issue with TM wheels in the PS4 version, it's being looked into.

LOW_NZ
28-09-2017, 11:00
There seems to be a generic issue with TM wheels in the PS4 version, it's being looked into.

That's a shame, but good to know. I thought I was going crazy. Hope it's resolved soon.

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 11:16
That's a shame, but good to know. I thought I was going crazy. Hope it's resolved soon.

Just to clarify, what exact issue are you suffering from?

alegunner68
28-09-2017, 11:31
With me it's mostly lack of wheel loading during braking, lack of road feel especially in a straight line, nowhere near enough kerb rumble (all these felt great in pcars1 after months of fiddling and Jack Spades settings).
Immersive is my favourite of the three, but has to be dialled way down because of the massive centre spring effect.

Madwak55
28-09-2017, 11:40
I use T300rs I try to CALIBRATE and adjust FFB many times, Now it's not good enough but not a big deal.

My big deal is... I set Steering dead zone to ZERO but I feel had the dead zone around 10˚ when rotate.

Try calibrating your wheel at full rotation in the game as per the instructions and then hard lock your degrees of rotation to 540 degrees using the mode and dpad button on the wheel, it used to get rid of that dead zone when I had a T300 :)

itonz
29-09-2017, 10:58
Try calibrating your wheel at full rotation in the game as per the instructions and then hard lock your degrees of rotation to 540 degrees using the mode and dpad button on the wheel, it used to get rid of that dead zone when I had a T300 :)

THANKS, I will try again :yes:

Chris08
29-09-2017, 11:51
Hello,

i tested the settings for the T300 lot of days.
Here is my best setting as i find:

Informativ

Best Regards and good race :eagerness:

Tackleberry
29-09-2017, 13:54
I've found the following to be the most consistent for steering feel:

Flavour: Raw
Gain: 75
Volume: 75
Tone: 55
FX: 50

Stocky81
29-09-2017, 14:27
Very similar to mine. Raw gives true ffb effects for real world.might raise my volume to match it's and lower gain as sometimes it can be though. Although dampen saturation is useful if u have gain 100 as u get full Feb just not the crippling weight of the wheel in some cars ��

Stocky81
29-09-2017, 14:29
*urs and *tough damn auto correct :D

porkovich
29-09-2017, 22:46
I continued to test settings for the T300. Took alot of time playing with Informative as flavor, but i just somehow did not quite feel what the car was doing. So i returned to Raw but took a diferent approach this time. I traded Gain for Volume. For me i have found a really informative and precise feeling for the wheel. Here are my findings if you are interested i testing them:

Setup Car : 911 GT3 RS
Raw
Gain 40
Volume 81
Tone 42
FX 25

I found a quite of a difference with Volume 80 to 81 but a little heavier was better at the end.
I have traded harsh FFB forces for more information. Unfortunately i cannot bring the curbs to be as pronounced as in the Informative Flavor. Somehow with Raw you just dont get the fine curbs dettails only the main bump.

porkovich
02-10-2017, 20:47
Did someone experiens weaker FFB forces after some gameplay. When i start the game, my settings are much stronger, than lets say after one race? Can it be the wheel or is the game collecting some data and managing the forces ?

chig88
02-10-2017, 20:50
Mine is up and down constantly (literally changes 2/3 times a lap). Goes from very weak to incredibly strong in a nanosecond.

I've also now got a problem where assigning FFB volume to a button on the wheel does nothing. Press it as much as I like & nothing changes.

Also deciding to randomly pull right at certain times. So, yeah... not great really.

lancashirelad
03-10-2017, 15:56
Mine is up and down constantly (literally changes 2/3 times a lap). Goes from very weak to incredibly strong in a nanosecond.

I've also now got a problem where assigning FFB volume to a button on the wheel does nothing. Press it as much as I like & nothing changes.

Also deciding to randomly pull right at certain times. So, yeah... not great really.
Try deleting your game save if you don't mind losing your progress. I did this and it solved my T300 wheel problem.

Jbpd
03-10-2017, 20:08
I've got myself in a mess with my ffb setting so want to start from scratch but can't remember what default settings were

Can anyone confirm what the default raw settings were?

spacepadrille
03-10-2017, 20:12
It was 100/50/50/50/0.4 if I remember well

Jbpd
03-10-2017, 21:25

Are you able expand on this as yet? Is there an issue with T300rs on PS4, as don't want to spend to long on setting wheel if things going change/ or not right.

phil42
04-10-2017, 10:44
For myself, I just can't get the feel with Project cars 2 that I had with project cars 1 using the t300rs. The lack of feel under braking has been mentioned already and I concur. However, it's the 'seat of pants' feel that seems to me so lacking in project cars 2, I can't seem to control when the back end steps out. I used to be fairly competitive in p cars 1 but am really struggling in multiplayer in project cars 2, so perhaps it's me? I do feel that the current lack of feel means the driving experience is far less immersive than it was in p cars 1, but I'm sure over time it will improve. The game has so much potential I am reticent to give up on it despite current frustrations.

Don-09141955
04-10-2017, 11:29
I've had that happen too, Pork

Hamdano17
05-10-2017, 10:23
Hey guys i have the thrustmaster T300 with the gear box and pedal box not the rs. However, it is not being recognized by Pcars 2 any help on how to set it up
Plus it does not give me the option to choose if i want the controller or the steering wheel
Any help will be very useful
Thanks.

Meiser
05-10-2017, 10:58
Start the game with the wheel, dont start with controller

Hamdano17
05-10-2017, 12:55
The game wont start, like the controller is not connected however the steering wheel is....

porkovich
05-10-2017, 13:13
The game wont start, like the controller is not connected however the steering wheel is....

Turn off the console but leave the Wheel connected and powered, than start it with the physical button on the actual machine. Don't use the controller, only push the PS button on the wheel to use it. Now start the game and see if it works.

Hamdano17
05-10-2017, 14:42
I tried that still wont work...

Hamdano17
05-10-2017, 14:45
All the other games work fine except this one

Maciej619
05-10-2017, 15:02
I'm having simillar issues with t500. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes I have to unplug the th8rs, sometimes turn off everything and start again, sometimes change the port. It's always something with this game. Upside of it is that I need to crawl out of my rig 5 times before I can play, so I have some physical exercise

Hamdano17
06-10-2017, 09:04
So is there anything i should donor can do in the hardware wise section ?

LGV Karlos
15-10-2017, 16:08
For myself, I just can't get the feel with Project cars 2 that I had with project cars 1 using the t300rs. The lack of feel under braking has been mentioned already and I concur. However, it's the 'seat of pants' feel that seems to me so lacking in project cars 2, I can't seem to control when the back end steps out. I used to be fairly competitive in p cars 1 but am really struggling in multiplayer in project cars 2, so perhaps it's me? I do feel that the current lack of feel means the driving experience is far less immersive than it was in p cars 1, but I'm sure over time it will improve. The game has so much potential I am reticent to give up on it despite current frustrations.Exactly the same for me, tried hundreds of settings. Have ps4 pro. Basically can't keep the car on the track, have no problems with PC1 or AC. It feels very much like the old days of FFB wheels, doesn't steer then it's sideways with no in between. Also does this weird hesitation out of turns, almost like it's changed up to a higher gear to early (I use manual so it's not changed up) .
Looking like it's being thrown in the cupboard for 6 months and back to PC1 .

LGV Karlos
15-10-2017, 16:19
For myself, I just can't get the feel with Project cars 2 that I had with project cars 1 using the t300rs. The lack of feel under braking has been mentioned already and I concur. However, it's the 'seat of pants' feel that seems to me so lacking in project cars 2, I can't seem to control when the back end steps out. I used to be fairly competitive in p cars 1 but am really struggling in multiplayer in project cars 2, so perhaps it's me? I do feel that the current lack of feel means the driving experience is far less immersive than it was in p cars 1, but I'm sure over time it will improve. The game has so much potential I am reticent to give up on it despite current frustrations.Exactly the same for me, tried hundreds of settings. Have ps4 pro. Basically can't keep the car on the track, have no problems with PC1 or AC. It feels very much like the old days of FFB wheels, doesn't steer then it's sideways with no in between. Also does this weird hesitation out of turns, almost like it's changed up to a higher gear to early.
Looking like it's being thrown in the cupboard for 6 months and back to PC1 .

BionicBacon
10-01-2018, 07:25
I raced PC1 in limited fashion with the TM non-ffb wheel for XB1 (458 Italia Spider), and so I have no authority whatsoever on that game. However I now have a T300, and for the first month of ffb wheel driving, I was using a G29. The G29 has a dead spot that I couldn't get the hang of, and I got a killer deal on the T300 Alcantara and was still able to return the G29 for refund. Whew. Much better wheel for me. However, I find some slack in the center of the wheel sometimes. Not sure if it's varied ffb per car/track, but I use a keyboard to control Volume/FX in race and have some luck tightening up things with that.

As for what Phil42 and LGV Karlos are speaking to, I also have some issues. I've been setup hunting on youtube and have found some good tunes that have helped me gain more control of the car, but sometimes the spin outs and resultant extra spinouts while trying to get the nose in the right direction, are bloody annoying. Dropping into 2nd and putting ever so gingerly out of the grass or kitty litter can kill a good time. I don't feel as though I'm being aggressive with the accelerator in those situations, enough to warrant the massive loss of control (when in 1st gear). Oversteer is a problem. Again, I'm finding tunes and then trying to build understeer in and remove as much oversteer as possible - I still want a bit. I've been playing GTS a bit and, granted it's a simcade, but getting out of trouble is so much easier. That said, the kitty litter is especially sticky in that game.

With the ffb I'm trying to find a general sweet spot, and then adjust in event for weight and detail. Really experimenting with the detail settings because I find that indicators for grip loss, slip, and braking lock are hard to pin down to where I really feel I can push the limits and elevate my results. Then again, two guys I race with both use T300 wheels and they are rolling pretty quick. It's down to technique there, I believe. I need a lot more practice having just arrived at ffb in November. This is definitely a game that requires practice.

I own a Drive Hub from Collective Minds, which allows me to use the T300 on my XB1 - it's a great thing because DiRT4/Rally, the Horizon games, of course, Forza are on my XB1. TBH, I've been too busy with pC2/GTS and some F1 on PS4, so I haven't done much with those XB1 games, but I should try out pC1 with it just to get a feel for where it's at.

If anyone could share good ffb settings so I don't have to drown in the ffb settings for pC1, that would be greatly appreciated. At least a place to start for some GT3 testing.

I've babbled on long enough. Thanks if you made it this far.

Nu-lee
10-01-2018, 20:29
I scrolled trough the forums and watched a lot of youtube to try the different ffb settings... and they are very different indeed. Everyone has his own preferences and unfortunately none of them where to my liking.
After the last patch however the feeling changed a lot for me and the settings I had were way off. Started a completely new setting which is: INFO 95 40 63 30
I raced every class except for drift and rx and I am very happy so far. Maybe this could be the sweetspot you're looking for but then again, it's a personal preference.

P.s. if you change cars, drive a couple of rounds first before adjusting ffb settings. It may be my imagination but mostly after 2 or 3 rounds the ffb changes a bit automatically...

GTsimms
11-01-2018, 04:50
You can probably try raw 41 or 55/56 Gain and v50/t50/fx0. Edit: you can click on my signature link and take a look. The default TMCP for PC is 75. So, the above should a close percentage of the difference from 75 to 41.

Zaskarspants
11-01-2018, 10:19
I scrolled trough the forums and watched a lot of youtube to try the different ffb settings... and they are very different indeed. Everyone has his own preferences and unfortunately none of them where to my liking.
After the last patch however the feeling changed a lot for me and the settings I had were way off. Started a completely new setting which is: INFO 95 40 63 30
I raced every class except for drift and rx and I am very happy so far. Maybe this could be the sweetspot you're looking for but then again, it's a personal preference.

P.s. if you change cars, drive a couple of rounds first before adjusting ffb settings. It may be my imagination but mostly after 2 or 3 rounds the ffb changes a bit automatically...

Iirc the informative flavour has an auto scaling function to reduce clipping.