PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] ce-34878-0 crashes

Pages : [1] 2

danowat
23-09-2017, 07:38
Any else plagued with crashes?

PS4 Pro, done the usual trouble shooting steps of reinstalling everything, short of completely reinitiallising on PS4, which I must not keen to do.

Project777
23-09-2017, 11:54
Nach c.a. 1 Min Fahrzeit (nicht im Menü) friert das Spiel ein und die PS4 Pro stürzt ab. Boost Modus im PS4 Pro aktiviert und deaktiviert, visuelle Verbesserungen ebenfalls deaktiviert. Spiel und Konsole sind auf aktuellem Stand. Fehlercode sagt nur "Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden". Spiel wurde runtergeladen. Lösung?

after 1 min. drivetime ( not menu) there is a bluescreen. tried different grapghic settings like boost mode and in game stettings. game is downloaded and net speed is above 50 Mbit

suggestions?

Simulation
23-09-2017, 13:11
Running on PS4 PRO. Completely unplayable. Game loads, but as soon as I attempt to enter a track it completely freezes, (can't exit even with ps button) and eventually exits game with error message CE-34878-0. I have tried rebooting, reinstalling, updating (system software) , disconnecting hardware (PS VR, and T300RS wheel), running with boost mode on/off, freeing hardrive space, modem reset.. Running out of options. Getting very frustrated with it.

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 13:18
So far you're the only person I've seen reporting this, so must be something local. Have you tried using the console offline?

danowat
23-09-2017, 15:10
No he's not, I reported it too in a post here.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51848-ce-34878-0-crashes

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 15:14
Threads merged.

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 15:16
Have you guys tried to re-initialize the PS4? (Just copying what I get when Googling for the error code.)

danowat
23-09-2017, 15:31
Tried rebuilding database, still does it.

Game will freeze, then after 10/20s, blue screen and crash with that code.

I'm not going to reinitiallise my PS4 as I don't want to download everything just because one game is crashing.

solocapers
23-09-2017, 15:50
Tried rebuilding database, still does it.

Game will freeze, then after 10/20s, blue screen and crash with that code.

I'm not going to reinitiallise my PS4 as I don't want to download everything just because one game is crashing.

Have you tried removing the game and ALSO deleting all game saves etc off the console for pcars 2? Then reinstalling?

Deleting the game doesnt delete the saves etc.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 17:11
So is it just the PRO users that are having the problem? Let's try figuring our what we have in common. I'm going to delete and reinstall again, but this time will delete game data. Will report back soon.

Exoil
23-09-2017, 17:21
So is it just the PRO users that are having the problem? Let's try figuring our what we have in common. I'm going to delete and reinstall again, but this time will delete game data. Will report back soon.

I don't have any problems like this on my Pro, but a mate can barely play the game because of the freezes and crashes.

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 17:26
I don't have any problems like this on my Pro, but a mate can barely play the game because of the freezes and crashes.
Do you know of any obvious differences between your systems?

Simulation
23-09-2017, 17:40

Downloaded or hardcopy of the game? Mine is a DL from the PS store.

danowat
23-09-2017, 18:09
Deleted, reinstalled, same.
Deleted, reinstalled to system hard drive, same.

Not sure what else I can do, it's the only game out of hundreds I've played that has crashed anywhere near this much.

Mine is also a pro, on the latest release firmware (not beta), the game is a digital download version, patched up to 1.03

Simulation
23-09-2017, 18:26
Yep. Same crap. Just delete game and data. Same crashing BS. Completely unplayable. Anyone else have suggestions?

Simulation
23-09-2017, 18:27
Is there a technical support line?

Simulation
23-09-2017, 18:28
Silly question, but what are you using for sound? Any headphones attached?

danowat
23-09-2017, 18:55
No headphones, standard hdmi connection to tv

Rotan71
23-09-2017, 18:55
Ok, so I reported similar issues in another thread. I am playing on a pro from a physical copy, on a G29 without headphones. I completely deleted (except game save). I reinstalled the disc version (1.0) and played for about 1.5 hrs in career mode without any issues. I then installed the update (v1.03), went into my save game and started my race. Within 50 feet of starting it again locked up completely. Sighhh. So at least I can play offline using ver 1.0 but I cannot do anymore than that.

TazAvidD
23-09-2017, 18:57
This is defo a digital on ps4 pro issue. I can't get thru more than 20 mins of track before it crashes.... And its more like 5 mins

Madwak55
23-09-2017, 19:13
This is defo a digital on ps4 pro issue. I can't get thru more than 20 mins of track before it crashes.... And its more like 5 mins
I've got the digital download fully updated on my PS4 and I've not had any lags or crashes so far.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 20:16
Ok, so this makes sense. The digital copy is the latest version. So when you updated you effectively install the glitch. Guess we'll just wait for a patch? Would be nice if a pcars or slightly mad representative could acknowledge us and let us know that they are working on it though. I'm pretty pissed about it.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 20:25
Ok, so this makes sense. The digital copy is the latest version. So when you updated you effectively install the glitch. Guess we'll just wait for a patch? Would be nice if a pcars or slightly mad representative could acknowledge us and let us know that they are working on it though. I'm pretty pissed about it.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 20:26
@Madwak55 Confirming - PRO?

Lipti
23-09-2017, 20:39
Not a single crash for me so far:
- PS4 Pro on 1080p
- Digital Deluxe version
- Thrustmaster steering wheel as main control, newer version of PS4 controllers for menu
- mostly Sony Pulse Wireless headset but HDMI output too
- 2 TB hard drive installed after buying the PS4 Pro
Maybe it helps to point out the problematic difference for PS4 Pro users who are having the crash-problems...

danowat
23-09-2017, 20:47
How many crashes are running 4K?

I am.

Rotan71
23-09-2017, 21:11
How many crashes are running 4K?

I am.

Nope, running on 1080p. I do have a 2 tb hdd installed, but so does my mate who isn't having issues.

danowat
23-09-2017, 21:13
OK, so still no constants between systems yet then.

I am running an external drive, but have tried it installed on either, and it makes no difference.

Not sure if it's related, but I know there were similar issues with Destiny 2 crashing on some Pro's.

Rotan71
23-09-2017, 21:28
I've just remembered that I do have my wireless headset USB plugged in. I will try tomorrow after removing it, but I doubt it will make a difference.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 21:57
I've just remembered that I do have my wireless headset USB plugged in. I will try tomorrow after removing it, but I doubt it will make a difference.

Yeah, I doubt it as well.. But what the hell, I'll give it a try.

Tried. Tested. Same BS.

zr1chris
23-09-2017, 21:57
I just had this happen trying to join an online race. I had been hot lapping in the community events and time trials the last 2 days with no issues.

Simulation
23-09-2017, 22:13
I just noticed something that I hadn't noticed before though. At the bottom of the in game menu screen, there is a download status bar. It's painfully slow, but it's moving. Perhaps once it's completed the game will function normally? Fingers crossed. Will update - currently at 3%.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 22:27
In a PC (mine) it took 50m to install after 20m to download... - THE PAIN of waiting :D

Normal 7200rpm hdd... a few years back :D

Does the PS4 still has 5400rpm HDDs like ps3 had?

Simulation
23-09-2017, 23:55
I just noticed something that I hadn't noticed before though. At the bottom of the in game menu screen, there is a download status bar. It's painfully slow, but it's moving. Perhaps once it's completed the game will function normally? Fingers crossed. Will update - currently at 3%.

... Still downloading - 48%

Project777
24-09-2017, 00:53
Same issue

Simulation
24-09-2017, 02:16
... Still downloading - 48%

Done. Same s#it.

Simulation
24-09-2017, 02:17
Same issue

PS4 PRO? Digital or disc copy?

Vic Flange
24-09-2017, 04:59
Guys. When I first got my Pro I had a lot of blue screen crashes during different games. I moved my console from its usual place to somewhere where it could get more air and have not had a single crash since.
Maybe you are overheating ?

2010 Synergy Camaro
24-09-2017, 05:27
Guys. When I first got my Pro I had a lot of blue screen crashes during different games. I moved my console from its usual place to somewhere where it could get more air and have not had a single crash since.
Maybe you are overheating ?

Yes, also run a vacuum around the vents every couple weeks to keep them open. I have two cats running around and there is cat hair that accumulates near and on the vent openings from them climbing around the console. If your console sounds like a jet engine when you use it your console is overheating.

danowat
24-09-2017, 05:53
To those that are getting crashes, do you also get a bit of stutter in the opening cinematic when the game starts, a different also some menu lag when the game first loads, I. E. Won't respond to inputs for 30s?

Its not overheating, my lounge wasn't even 15c today, and the PS4 had only been on for a short time before it crashed, you can't even hear the fans spinning up, which would indicate overheating.

Edit, also searching this forum indicates that this was also an issue for some people with PCar1 how did they fix that?

Project777
24-09-2017, 06:06
PS4 PRO? Digital or disc copy?

Digital, ps4 pro

Vic Flange
24-09-2017, 07:40
To those that are getting crashes, do you also get a bit of stutter in the opening cinematic when the game starts, a different also some menu lag when the game first loads, I. E. Won't respond to inputs for 30s?

Its not overheating, my lounge wasn't even 15c today, and the PS4 had only been on for a short time before it crashed, you can't even hear the fans spinning up, which would indicate overheating.

Edit, also searching this forum indicates that this was also an issue for some people with PCar1 how did they fix that?

When my PS4 was getting a lot of crashes it was situated so that the left side of the console was very close to the wood support of my TV stand. The crashes would occur not long after I had turned the console on. Not saying this is your issue mate but it wouldn't do any harm to move the PS4 if it is in a enclosed space like mine. I moved mine away from the shelf and it has been fine since.

Vic Flange
24-09-2017, 07:41
Mine is a digital copy with PS4 Pro with no issues.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 08:37
Make sure to choose the option to transmit the crash report to Sony after every single crash, so they and SMS get detailed error logs and know the frequency of the crashes. I always choose to include the video report in such cases so that they know the surrounding actions taken. For me it's difficult to understand that some PS4 Pro users (me included) don't have a single crash but other do... There should be a difference in hardware used, game configuration or the steps taken or something like this, the PS4 Pro is not a random crash generator ;-)

Project777
24-09-2017, 08:39
Still no solutions for this?

danowat
24-09-2017, 08:45
Have moved my PS4 and am submitting every crash report.

I just want to reiterate that.

A) I'm not the only person having the problem.

B) it's not something I encounter with any other game.

I'd would appreciate it if, at the very least, the devs could acknowledge the problem.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 08:54
That's great because it reduces the probability of individual PS4 Pro problems (like hardware or cooling failure). And because of lots of users with PS4 Pro not having a single crash with this game, there has to be a difference between the group having problems and the group not having these problems. Even not having the crash problem by myself, I'm really interested in the difference which causes the crashes...

Rotan71
24-09-2017, 08:55
Have moved my PS4 and am submitting every crash report.

I just want to reiterate that.

B) it's not something I encounter with any other game.

I'd would appreciate it if, at the very least, the devs could acknowledge the problem.

As mentioned earlier. I am also suffering badly with this issue. I can run v1.0 off the disc without any issues. As soon as I install patch v1.03 the game crashes within 5 mins of starting a race. I don't think it's anything to do with overheating.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 09:19
As mentioned earlier. I am also suffering badly with this issue. I can run v1.0 off the disc without any issues. As soon as I install patch v1.03 the game crashes within 5 mins of starting a race. I don't think it's anything to do with overheating.

I'm playing the digital version, so my first start has been with the current version. I even waited with the first start for all application data being downloaded and installed (not only the program data for the quick first start with only one track/car).

Maybe it's one of the situations:
- First start with 1.0 then the day-one-update for those having the disc version
- First start with only the data for quick start loaded while downloading application data in background for those having the download version

Have you tried to wipe all the application data of PC2, uninstalling PC2 from PS4, then reinstalling the disc version (without a start), first downloading and installing the game update via the PS4 menu, waiting till all settled (maybe do a PS4 restart to be sure), try to update once again (it should say the version is current) and then do the first start?

For those having the download version: Have you tried to wipe all the application data of PC2, uninstalling PC2 from PS4, then redownloading and installing (without a start), letting the PS4 download the remaining GBs of full application data, waiting till all settled (maybe do a PS4 restart to be sure), try to update once again (it should say the version is current) and then do the first start?

Maybe PC2 has a problem when updated to 1.03 with existing game data on PS4 Pro due to included PS4 Pro enhancements in the update (if so) or something like this?
Maybe PC2 has a problem when started the download version and creating game data before the full application data (maybe including the update) is available...

Just a few thoughts. As mentioned before, I can't test it by myself because I'm not experiencing this issue with my PS4 Pro.

danowat
24-09-2017, 09:23
Yes, tried deleting and redownloading, no change.

I can't find any way to force a crash, it can happen on any track, in any car, in any session, it can happen 5 mins after booting up, or 30mins after booting up.
There is no pattern to it.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 09:28

I can't find any way to force a crash, it can happen on any track, in any car, in any session, it can happen 5 mins after booting up, or 30mins after booting up.

- 1080p or 4K?
- HDR?
- what do you have connected to the 2 front and 1 back USB port?
- what controller do you use to enter PC2 menu after starting the game from PS4 menu (first screen in the game where you have to push "X")?

There has to be a difference because yesterday I played for hours on my PS4 Pro and I haven't had a single crash with PC2 since availability so far.

danowat
24-09-2017, 09:30
4k.
HDR on or off, makes no difference.
External HDD connected to rear USB.
Normal DS4 controller.

There is nothing remarkable about my setup, and I stress again, no other problems with other games.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 09:39
4k.
HDR on or off, makes no difference.
External HDD connected to rear USB.
Normal DS4 controller.

There is nothing remarkable about my setup, and I stress again, no other problems with other games.

Sorry, but the external HDD is very uncommon thus being remarkable. It doesn't has to be the reason for the problem though.

If you want to pinpoint the problem by yourself, I would try the following:
- 1080p via PS4 options
- HDR off
- no external HDD connected (thus installing game on internal HDD)
Do not try these options one by one but all together, maybe multiple separate problems are masked otherwise. If the game runs stable with this combination, you can change them one by one and see which one causes the instability.

The other possibility is to just wait if SMS can pinpoint the problem and wait for the patch...

danowat
24-09-2017, 09:49
I tried running it off the internal HDD yesterday, no change.

I hope sms can see, and investigate all the crash reports.

Yosh916
24-09-2017, 09:58
Just bought your game today on ps4 pro and I keep getting crashes, errors , blue screens. Game is unplayable crashes every second I get on track can someone help me idk what to do.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 10:02
Did this try include disconnecting the external hard drive and the other options set from my previous post? As said before, there could be the possibility of multiple problems or combinations, each resulting in the same error. If you only try the options one by one, you don't notice a difference but the reason is different. Pinpointing a problem starts by keeping the situation as standard and common as possible, reaching a stable condition; from that on, trying options one by one till the error occurs again. I understand that you don't want to spent further time/energy in this error, and I think SMS will sort this out by themselves with all the reports sent via the PS4 error reporting.

I'm sure they can, because you are not the only one with that kind of problem.

Rotan71
24-09-2017, 10:05

Completely uninstalled and removed game save. Removed wireless headphone USB, so ps4pro is stock other than the attached G29 and 2tb drive. Reinstalled and waited for patch to finish downloading. Restarted PS4 then started the game off the update installed notification. Managed 5 laps of a quick race at Barca without issues. Restarted the race but applied changes to car set up, calibrated wheel, changed audio and cockpit view point. Managed approx 5 turns of the same track before it again locked.....arrrgggghhhh!

Hey Simply Mad. How about acknowledging this thread?? Some of your loyal fans are having serious issues here!!!

UPDATE: Rebooted again after deleting all save game data. Started formula Renault at the same track without any adjustments to wheel, audio etc, managed 1.25 laps before it again locked. Does Bill Gates work for Slightly Mad??

Lipti
24-09-2017, 10:09
Just bought your game today on ps4 pro and I keep getting crashes, errors , blue screens. Game is unplayable crashes every second I get on track can someone help me idk what to do.

Your post helps for estimating the frequency of the problem but nothing more. The more information you provide about the setup (you could read the thread as a starting point), the more it helps to identify the difference about the PS4 Pro setups running flawlessly and those which don't.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 10:14
Managed 5 laps of a quick race at Barca without issues. Restarted the race but applied changes to car set up, calibrated wheel, changed audio and cockpit view point. Managed approx 5 turns of the same track before it again locked.....arrrgggghhhh!
Maybe it's one of the things listed above? I'm driving in cockpit view too, but I'm not experiencing the crashes. I never changed audio, never calibrated the wheel (worked perfectly out-of-the-box) and didn't change a car set up so far.

Hey Simply Mad. How about acknowledging this thread?? Some of your loyal fans are having serious issues here!!!
They know about the problem and are trying to solve it, I'm sure. It's just not possible to answer to each and every thread. They are receiving detailed error information via the PS4 error reporting function (if you use it).

Simulation
24-09-2017, 13:08
I appreciate all the suggestions. However, nothing has worked. Definitely not overheating, and there is nothing remarkable about my set up. Currently configured as a ps4 and wireless remote. I've disconnect my wheel, headphones and PSVR.

From what I've gathered, we only have two things in common thus far..

1) PS4 PRO
2) Digital copy, or disc copy after v1.03 patch.

Since it's not affecting all users though, perhaps it is location based? Meaning that maybe there are some country content variances? Long shot, but possible. I'm located in North America. How about the other affected people?

I also suggest reaching out to Project Cars on social media - Twitter and/or Facebook. This is completely unacceptable.

Simulation
24-09-2017, 13:11
Maybe it's one of the things listed above? I'm driving in cockpit view too, but I'm not experiencing the crashes. I never changed audio, never calibrated the wheel (worked perfectly out-of-the-box) and didn't change a car set up so far.

They know about the problem and are trying to solve it, I'm sure. It's just not possible to answer to each and every thread. They are receiving detailed error information via the PS4 error reporting function (if you use it).

Nothing to do with view settings - I can't even make it past the menu screen.

danowat
24-09-2017, 13:15
I appreciate all the suggestions. However, nothing has worked. Definitely not overheating, and there is nothing remarkable about my set up. Currently configured as a ps4 and wireless remote. I've disconnect my wheel, headphones and PSVR.

1) PS4 PRO

Since it's not affecting all users though, perhaps it is location based? Meaning that maybe there are some country content variances? Long shot, but possible. I'm located in North America. How about the other affected people?

I also suggest reaching out to Project Cars on social media - Twitter and/or Facebook. This is completely unacceptable.

UK here.

Lipti
24-09-2017, 13:37

1) PS4 PRO

Great idea, location is taken into account at start automatically. I'm from Germany, as said before, I never experienced the crash with PC2. I changed units to metric in game... Or maybe it has something to do with the drivers profile? Lots of possibilities, I hope SMS will sort this out with the PS4 error logs received.

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 13:45

Did you also try running at 1080p?

danowat
24-09-2017, 14:24
Did you also try running at 1080p?

Not yet, but I will do.

Project777
24-09-2017, 14:25

1) PS4 PRO

North Germany

Rotan71
24-09-2017, 14:38
U.K. And been running in 1080p the whole time.

Observation: I think most, if not all locking, has occurred for me when playing against AI and almost always happens when there is contact with another car. I tried running time trial just before I had to go out and managed a good 7 or 8 laps without any issues - normally I can't complete 2 laps. I'm now going to repeat to see if it is stable without AI. If so I will try online.

danowat
24-09-2017, 14:39
Good spot, pretty sure all my crashes have been in races with AI too.

wi11iams52
24-09-2017, 15:20
Good spot, pretty sure all my crashes have been in races with AI too.
I have not played against AI yet. I experienced all of my crashes in practice mode. Racing the NSX on a circuit to racing on dirt. No AI present for any of my crashes at all.
I have a week old, brand new ps4 pro. Mine has no overheating issues, it is located in a well ventilated area.

Ps4 pro stock on 1080p screen.
No HDR
Boost Mode is enabled
Playing with t300rs.
I'm am a U.S player

One thing I have noticed is when the game crashes my wheel goes haywire. The game is frozen on my screen without the error log showing. As soon as I disconnect my t300rs the ps4 takes me to the error log screen.

Rotan71
24-09-2017, 15:21
U.K. And been running in 1080p the whole time.

Observation: I think most, if not all locking, has occurred for me when playing against AI and almost always happens when there is contact with another car. I tried running time trial just before I had to go out and managed a good 7 or 8 laps without any issues - normally I can't complete 2 laps. I'm now going to repeat to see if it is stable without AI. If so I will try online.

So been playing for about 40 mins in time trial without any issues. Different track to last time and have adjusted the car etc without any issues whatsoever. Gonna try a different car and other tracks.

Exoil
24-09-2017, 15:50
Do you know of any obvious differences between your systems?

We are both on 1080p screens, and I have a lot more games installed on my Pro. That's the only thing I can think of

Lipti
24-09-2017, 16:08
We are both on 1080p screens, and I have a lot more games installed on my Pro. That's the only thing I can think of

My Pro has a 2 TB with only about 400 GB free, but I haven't got a single crash with PC2. I don't think it has to do with other games installed...

Polowtf
24-09-2017, 16:46
Hello drivers...

Same problem the game freeze every time !!!

I tryed all my ideas....

Problem descriptions :
Since i have the game, the screen freeze around 30 sec after start racing... (multi, carrier, communautary, test drive, time attack) Sometimes more, sometimes less but i really can't play... Ans its.... omg fking annoying... Half time ths ps4 crash too with some errors codes (ce 36330 5)(ce 34878 0) Sometimes crash in menu. I was lucky to play 2 time more than 1h on too differents days but thats all !!!

I took pcars deluxe on the store and i have a PS4 Pro with g29

Solutions i tryed :
- Re download the game
- Clean my PS4 (the game crash on the 1st party of the day... so its not due to the tempeture)
- Try without wheel
- Try low grafics
- Try without connexion
- Try other screen
- Delete my game informations
- Reboot the PS4
- Buy the game in a shop... (yeah im crazy)
- Delete game infos + reboot + new game download
- Try a different account
- Try to not change anything in pcars menu befor test it
- Try to drive slow on the first lap...
- Try to wait 2 min befor start racing (in multi)
- Drink a Whisky bottle.....

And now... I'm here... Please guys... HELP me im starting to be crazy about this shit !!! I'm pcars addict

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 16:46
My Pro has a 2 TB with only about 400 GB free, but I haven't got a single crash with PC2. I don't think it has to do with other games installed...
I wouldn't expect that either, but limited HDD space could be a factor.

Sankyo
24-09-2017, 16:47
Hello drivers...

Same problem the game freeze every time !!!

I tryed all my ideas....

Problem descriptions :
Since i have the game, the screen freeze around 30 sec after start racing... (multi, carrier, communautary, test drive, time attack) Sometimes more, sometimes less but i really can't play... Ans its.... omg fking annoying... Half time ths ps4 crash too with some errors codes (ce 36330 5)(ce 34878 0) Sometimes crash in menu. I was lucky to play 2 time more than 1h on too differents days but thats all !!!

I took pcars deluxe on the store and i have a PS4 Pro with g29

Solutions i tryed :
- Re download the game
- Clean my PS4 (the game crash on the 1st party of the day... so its not due to the tempeture)
- Try without wheel
- Try low grafics
- Try without connexion
- Try other screen
- Delete my game informations
- Reboot the PS4
- Buy the game in a shop... (yeah im crazy)
- Delete game infos + reboot + new game download
- Try a different account
- Try to not change anything in pcars menu befor test it
- Try to drive slow on the first lap...
- Try to wait 2 min befor start racing (in multi)
- Drink a Whisky bottle.....

And now... I'm here... Please guys... HELP me im starting to be crazy about this shit !!! I'm pcars addict

Are you playing at 4k or 1080p? How are the temperatures of your PS4 Pro? Does it have sufficient space around it for ventilation, and are the vents clean of dust?

Simulation
24-09-2017, 16:55
The common factors are still the same. No one is overheating. I don't think we are going to resolve this issue without a software update. SMH

Polowtf
24-09-2017, 17:01
Yeah think same... No overheating, the game crash on the 1st try after the ps4 was off during 8 hours... I tyed 4k 1080 and 720... Should i try 144p ???? grrrrrr

Polowtf
24-09-2017, 17:02
I have only pcars 2 on my HDD disk....

TheMundo55
24-09-2017, 17:10
FYI I have had this issue with Destiny 2 recently. It took until their latest patch to fix the issue, 9 days after the game was purchased. If it crashes and gives the application error it's simply a case that we need to wait for a patch. Personally though I can't believe 2 games recently have made the ps4 pro hard crash it's ridiculous.

Polowtf
24-09-2017, 17:16
But how some says... I'm really ontressting about the difference between some ps4 pro... Why some have no probs..? Really strange...

Simulation ??? I'm sure we abble to find what we have in common ?

Polowtf
24-09-2017, 17:23
It's maybe an impression but the game look like more stable when i try a new combo (car/tracks)

When i try to do the same combo the game crash faster every time....

Lipti
24-09-2017, 18:12
But how some says... I'm really ontressting about the difference between some ps4 pro... Why some have no probs..? Really strange...
Maybe the internal components of PS4 Pro changed with the passing of time? I got one of the first PS4 Pro (bought as soon as they were available) and have got no crashes so far. Maybe only the newer ones are affected?

Yosh916
24-09-2017, 18:18
Maybe the internal components of PS4 Pro changed with the passing of time? I got one of the first PS4 Pro (bought as soon as they were available) and have got no crashes so far. Maybe only the newer ones are affected?

I have the original ps4 pro and my game is freezing and crashing with blue screen errors can't even play.

Rotan71
24-09-2017, 18:32

Nah, mines is a day 1 pro, and as I have reported I have big issues.

Has anyone else tried running v1.0 off the disc without the update? This was the only time the game was completely stable for me. Next most stable was time trial in a formula Renault.

It looks like a code issue to me, my pro has never overheated and I don't hear the fan going ballistic. Looks like we'll have to wait for the next patch. Very, very disappointing.

Henk
24-09-2017, 19:57
The same error on ps4 pro with project cars 2 pffff

Simulation
24-09-2017, 20:07

Simulation ??? I'm sure we abble to find what we have in common ?

My PS4 PRO is first gen - bought at release.

So are we in agreement that it is only affecting the PRO users?

Polowtf; do you have PSVR? Or had it installed at any point?

Simulation
24-09-2017, 20:09
Anyone willing to try reinitializing their PS4? If anyone has already tried this, please let us know.

Project777
24-09-2017, 20:12
Anyone willing to try reinitializing their PS4? If anyone has already tried this, please let us know.

Tried but doesn't work. Took me 3 days, to reinstall all games.

Simulation
24-09-2017, 20:29

So you are running 100% trouble-free?

Tell us more about your configuration please.

1) Accessories - PSVR? Camera? External HD? USB hub? Headphones?
2) Applications?
3) Installed games? How much hardrive space remaining?
4) Current version of software?
5) Where are you located?

For comparison; my set up is currently basic - just the wireless controller. Running 4.74 software

My regular set up (probably some stored data of this), is T300RS wheel, T3PA shifter, PSVR with camera, and a wireless HDMI headset. I do not use a external hardrive and never have.

I was experiencing some crashing with pcars 1, but only once in a while - 2-3 times a month.

Simulation
24-09-2017, 20:30
Tried but doesn't work. Took me 3 days, to reinstall all games.

Thank you solider. Must have been painful

Henk
24-09-2017, 21:01
Will come a patch?

Lipti
24-09-2017, 22:16
So you are running 100% trouble-free?
I never experienced the crash so far, played hours 100% trouble-free...

Tell us more about your configuration please.
I want to help those people experiencing the crash, so you're welcome.

1) Accessories - PSVR? Camera? External HD? USB hub? Headphones?
I've got a PSVR and the corresponding camera connected. No external HDD, no USB hub. On the left front USB port I've got the USB dongle for a Sony Pulse wireless headset. On the front right USB port I've got my Thrustmaster T300 RS connected. No headphones directly connected to the new DS4 (with the light bar on the touch pad) controller.

2) Applications?
I've got 15 applications in the PS4 library. All kinds of (PSVR apps like Allumette, Littlstar VR Cinema; multimedia apps like media player, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, Spotify; ...)

3) Installed games? How much hardrive space remaining?
Lots of installed games, 81 are shown in PS4 library (most of them are bought in PlayStation Store, the remaining are retail games). System memory shows that 1,39 TB of 1,78 TB are used (2 TB HDD).

4) Current version of software?
PS4 Pro firmware is 4.74, PSVR firmware is 2.50

5) Where are you located?
Germany, cable internet (200 MBit/s) via AVM Fritz!Box 6490 Cable. The PS4 Pro is connected via 1 GBit/s LAN via a gigabit switch to the Fritz!Box.

If you need further information, just ask :-)

Simulation
24-09-2017, 23:13
I never experienced the crash so far, played hours 100% trouble-free...

I want to help those people experiencing the crash, so you're welcome.

I've got a PSVR and the corresponding camera connected. No external HDD, no USB hub. On the left front USB port I've got the USB dongle for a Sony Pulse wireless headset. On the front right USB port I've got my Thrustmaster T300 RS connected. No headphones directly connected to the new DS4 (with the light bar on the touch pad) controller.

I've got 15 applications in the PS4 library. All kinds of (PSVR apps like Allumette, Littlstar VR Cinema; multimedia apps like media player, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, Spotify; ...)

Lots of installed games, 81 are shown in PS4 library (most of them are bought in PlayStation Store, the remaining are retail games). System memory shows that 1,39 TB of 1,78 TB are used (2 TB HDD).

PS4 Pro firmware is 4.74, PSVR firmware is 2.50

Germany, cable internet (200 MBit/s) via AVM Fritz!Box 6490 Cable. The PS4 Pro is connected via 1 GBit/s LAN via a gigabit switch to the Fritz!Box.

If you need further information, just ask :-)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions.

I think we're just s#it outta luck on this one :( Keep reporting your issues to Sony and let's hope they get it patched soon. I'm gonna see if I can get a refund - Hearing that the game is a pretty big let down anyways :(

Simulation
24-09-2017, 23:17
Most of the people posting are new to the forum (like myself). That alone is a good indication of how widespread this issue is. Most ppl will just read the forums for a solution, only a handful of people will take the time to subscribe and report.

Thank you to those people, and if you come up with a solution, please update us.

Ian Bell
24-09-2017, 23:45
We're looking into this now guys. Nothing came back from 1st party stress testing suggesting any issues of this type or they'd have blocked the release.

cornishbrooksy
25-09-2017, 00:00
Might be easier for us to track and for SMS if people can leave a simple reply with some basic info.

Disc/Digital
Pro/Standard
What you are doing when receiving the message and so on.

Makes it much easier to gather the info to pass onto SMS and get this sorted.

Simulation
25-09-2017, 00:06
We're looking into this now guys. Nothing came back from 1st party stress testing suggesting any issues of this type or they'd have blocked the release.

What is your affiliation with SMS? I see your tag "CEO SMS Group". Is this a self appointed title, or are you the real deal?

If the latter, thank you for the acknowledgement, and a speedy remedy would be greatly appreciated.

Simulation
25-09-2017, 00:10
Might be easier for us to track and for SMS if people can leave a simple reply with some basic info.

Disc/Digital
Pro/Standard

Makes it much easier to gather the info to pass onto SMS and get this sorted.

I think we can safely say that it's the digital version or the disc thats had the digital update. I have yet to see a non-PRO user subscribe to this thread.

PS4 PRO
Digital copy.
Trying to enter a track. (have yet to see the inside of a car)

danowat
25-09-2017, 05:06
Disc/Digital
Pro/Standard

OK,

Digital
Pro
Has happened both in game when driving, and when waiting in the pit for the session to end.

danowat
25-09-2017, 05:06
What is your affiliation with SMS? I see your tag "CEO SMS Group". Is this a self appointed title, or are you the real deal?

If the latter, thank you for the acknowledgement, and a speedy remedy would be greatly appreciated.

He's the head honcho of Sms.

Lipti
25-09-2017, 05:44

Ian is the real one... :-) I really like it, that he answers to customers himself!

BTW: Blue user names are SMS members, orange user names are moderators...

Rotan71
25-09-2017, 06:34
Pro
Disc copy. Disc copy is stable until first day patch is installed.
Occurs when racing, usually within 2 laps of the start and often when a collision between 2 cars occurs - in either career or quick race. It has also frozen once in the menus. Appears more stable in time trial mode.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 06:44

They let me make the tea. Mum does the cookies.

Project777
25-09-2017, 08:20
Thank you solider. Must have been painful
👍🏿it was

Project777
25-09-2017, 08:30
-North Germany
-LAN 50Mbit CAT 7 Cable
-Tried Boost Mode and different in game graphic settings
-enough cooling
- game and PS4 Pro deleted and initialized
- just original wireless controller

Doesn't work anything

Exoil
25-09-2017, 09:27
As I said, it works for me, not a freeze or crash in about 20 hours of gameplay since friday.
My friend who have exactly the same setup as me, Pro from release, PSVR, T300rs, 1080p TV, Gold Wireless headset, the settings are exactly same for both him and me.
We have the same internet, lives in the same city, drinks the same beer, you name it. We have the same system updates, both for PS4 and PSVR.

The only difference between us is that I have more games installed. I have 200gb free on my PS4 and he has 600gb free. The games he have installed are games that I also have installed.

The game crashes for him a lot, has never done it for me

knoop
25-09-2017, 09:42
So far you're the only person I've seen reporting this, so must be something local. Have you tried using the console offline?

Nope he's just the first. V1.03 crashes before the lights turn green on my PS4 PRO. Deleting the update make sthe game less unstable (still crashes).

Really annoying.
Two things to ponder over:
1. throw away the game and give everybody their money back
2. compensate everybody for the crap you sold
(yes i am pissed off, with good reason)

knoop
25-09-2017, 10:01

Same here.
I doubt you'll get an answer during the weekend though.

Just noticed when going through all the comments that the one person who had a runnning game on his pro uses a wired connection. That is one cable i dont have plugged in my PS4(Pro)....

Anybody know how to prevent the 1.03 patch from installing itself?
When i changed user i got the update message and crashes.
I don't want to keep deleting the update and run 10 laps in the mclaren over and over again

knoop
25-09-2017, 10:28
I don't know when the patch was released but to me it feels like a friday afternoon quickfix.
Just a word of programmer-advice: don't release SW on a Friday.

p.s. in my experience this kind of thing only happens when management pushes a release

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 10:29
I don't know when the patch was released but to me it feels like a friday afternoon quickfix.
Just a word of programmer-advice: don't release SW on a Friday.

p.s. in my experience this kind of thing only happens when management pushes a release

This is sage advice.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 10:35

Yeah thank Mum for the cookies, they were delish.

Sum Dixon-Ear
25-09-2017, 10:36

Does your Mum also post on here Ian? Lol.

Yosh916
25-09-2017, 10:51
Tried re installing my game and much other things and I'm still crashing with blue screens and errors sms please help these ps4 pro errors are killing me and seems like alot of people are having same issue I just wanna play your game and I can't it's unplayable right now due to those errors. Are we gonna get a patch to fix this?

sVig
25-09-2017, 11:25
I myself haven't had any blue screen crashes/errors.

I am however getting the horrendous menu screens constantly freezing until the game feels like continuing. I'm beginning to think it might be a server issue in part because if I put my PS4 offline then the freezing seems to stop on the very main menu. But then it does still continue on other screens...

Polowtf
25-09-2017, 14:19
Dudes... I tyed it on a friend's PS4 Pro and it work perfectly... The thing is, we bought the PS4 together (same day same shop) so it probably exactly the same PS4... Where the fuck is the difference ??

Simulation
25-09-2017, 15:39
Dudes... I tyed it on a friend's PS4 Pro and it work perfectly... The thing is, we bought the PS4 together (same day same shop) so it probably exactly the same PS4... Where the fuck is the difference ??

Do a comparison. Compare system data under the PS4 settings menu. Check the product number on the back of the PS4. Compare internet speeds. And if your friend lives close enough, why not take your PS4 over to his house and try playing from there?

Simulation
25-09-2017, 15:41
@Ian Bell - Hire me already.

Dandanman94
25-09-2017, 15:56
Mine has crashed twice in about 6 hours of play.

PS4 Pro
Disc
V1.03

I think the first time it crashed I was on the menu screen and the second I had just finished a qualifying session.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 16:25
Dudes... I tyed it on a friend's PS4 Pro and it work perfectly... The thing is, we bought the PS4 together (same day same shop) so it probably exactly the same PS4... Where the f**k is the difference ??

Watch your language please!

TheMundo55
25-09-2017, 17:20
I am firmly of the opinion that this is specific to the PS4 Pro and a software issue.

Further to my previous post, I recently had Destiny 2 exhibit the same crash (hard crash during gameplay, same error code). I saw stories of people returning their PS4 Pro's to Sony to be serviced/repaired and sent back, and they were fine afterwards. Some also said they still saw the same crash. Sony never told them what was 'fixed' (if anything) on these PS4 Pros that were returned.

After a few updates to Destiny 2, I have yet to see another crash. This is why I am of the firm belief that PS4 Pro enhanced games are suffering upon release, but it is a software issue clearly exhibited by the fact that all other games work fine.

I'm rocking:

PS4 Pro (1 year old)
Digital copy of Project Cars 2
90mbps internet connection

I've tried (as per Destiny 2):

- Deleting and re-downloading the game
- disabling HDCP
- disabling Boost Mode
- Playing in 4k on a 4k tv, and 1080p on another set
- rebuilding PS4 database
- opening PSN ports on my router firewall
- Installing on internal or external hdds
- disconnecting all USB based devices

Nothing of the above worked nor changed the frequency of the crashing.

I had tried reinitialising on my PS4 Pro with Destiny 2 which did nothing, so I will not be trying this again due to the fact that it will take a while to download 2tb+ of games.

sVig
25-09-2017, 17:46
I am firmly of the opinion that this is specific to the PS4 Pro and a software issue.

Further to my previous post, I recently had Destiny 2 exhibit the same crash (hard crash during gameplay, same error code). I saw stories of people returning their PS4 Pro's to Sony to be serviced/repaired and sent back, and they were fine afterwards. Some also said they still saw the same crash. Sony never told them what was 'fixed' (if anything) on these PS4 Pros that were returned.

After a few updates to Destiny 2, I have yet to see another crash. This is why I am of the firm belief that PS4 Pro enhanced games are suffering upon release, but it is a software issue clearly exhibited by the fact that all other games work fine.

I'm rocking:

PS4 Pro (1 year old)
Digital copy of Project Cars 2
90mbps internet connection

I've tried (as per Destiny 2):

- Deleting and re-downloading the game
- disabling HDCP
- disabling Boost Mode
- Playing in 4k on a 4k tv, and 1080p on another set
- rebuilding PS4 database
- opening PSN ports on my router firewall
- Installing on internal or external hdds
- disconnecting all USB based devices

Nothing of the above worked nor changed the frequency of the crashing.

I had tried reinitialising on my PS4 Pro with Destiny 2 which did nothing, so I will not be trying this again due to the fact that it will take a while to download 2tb+ of games.

It's not just PS4 Pros that have the issue with this game though.

Simulation
26-09-2017, 10:26
Any solutions yet?

Exoil
26-09-2017, 13:22
Another friend in the racing group experienced troubles yesterday with this error code when trying to play online, but only in public lobbies. The game would crash instantly when the track had finished loading, but when he got into our private lobby the problems dissappeared for him

pa_pinkelman
26-09-2017, 17:10
I'm on regular Ps4 and had this happening to me last night online. Qualifying just finished and we where waiting in the lobby when this error came up.

Rotan71
26-09-2017, 17:34
Jeez!!!!! What the f*** is wrong with this game. PS4pro has been off for 2 days, I get in from work and hope that pcars 2 has fixed itself. Start up a race, cross the line to start lap 3 and the PS4 black screens necessitating a hold power button reset, followed by the please do not turn off the ps 4 by the power plug warnings. Well how about, please don't release games in a massively broken state. Glad my £50 was well spent.

Polowtf
26-09-2017, 20:07
Guys... I found a way to play but only on communautary race, and only the Sugo rain with R34...

Do only the first lap and restart to a next try... It work for me...

I tryed it much time... No bug at all !!! i played it around 2h and i tryed to change to communautary Knockhill Catheram... Freeze in 20 sec !!!

what about u guys ??

Yosh916
26-09-2017, 20:10
Hey guys suffering ps4 pro crashes like crazy still can't play can we please get a awnser sms on what the hell is going on and tell us the people that have invested and supported your game with at least a response of hey guys were working on these crashes or what not don't just leave us in the dark!

2010 Synergy Camaro
26-09-2017, 20:34
It is difficult to know if the crashes are caused by Sony hardware or SMS software or a combination of both. Having said that if it were SMS who corrects the issues it must first be submitted and approved by Sony before released. This takes several days. If it is Sony who needs to update if could be even longer as Sony just pushed out update version 4.74 on Sept 15th. Everyone please attempt to be patient as I experienced this before with update 3.0 Project Cars 1. I never heard what the cause of the crashes were.

Rotan71
26-09-2017, 21:12
Hey guys suffering ps4 pro crashes like crazy still can't play can we please get a awnser sms on what the hell is going on and tell us the people that have invested and supported your game with at least a response of hey guys were working on these crashes or what not don't just leave us in the dark!

There is a response from the CEO a few pages back, but no update since.

2010 synergy, I would say it's the software given all other games are fine, including pcars 1. We are trying to be patient but it is so frustrating.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 21:44

This whole forum is full of what you require.

Simulation
26-09-2017, 21:56
Yeah, I'm rather let down myself. Checking this thread constantly for updates. Ian Bell did acknowledge the issue a few days ago, so hopefully we will see something soon. I can't see how something like this would have gotten past beta testing though. If the game wasn't ready, the release date should have been pushed back. As annoying as Grand Turismo is with there release date push backs, I think it's the more respectable decision to make if the game isn't ready.

Rotan71
26-09-2017, 22:44
Guys, I might have a solution (for disc copies anyway). Ok, so I have posted many times on this thread but to give you an summary of how bad pcars 2 has been for me, I have not managed more than 2 complete laps in a race (usually it's 1 lap) since getting the game on Saturday. I have tried multiple things and re-installed several times without luck. So I did a few things tonight, some of which I don't think played a part but I will list everything I did:

1) Make sure system software 4.74 is installed.
2) Deleted the apps YouTube, Amazon video and My5 catch up (I don't think these helped).
3) Deleted installed game and game saves (for pcars 2).
4) Inserted the disc to allow installation off the disc and immediately paused the update download of v1.03.
5) Allowed the disc install to complete, then powered down the ps4pro.
6) Powered up and unpaused the download.
7) Once this was complete, installed and then fired up the game (well actually after 2 hours of pcars 1 with my mates, so the pro was nice and hot).

I have just managed to complete two races with two different cars at two different tracks without an issue. I know this isn't a thorough test but it's nearly midnight. I thought I'd post before sleep to see if anyone else can replicate. It also dawned on me that most of the regular contributors have specified they have fast internet connections, as do I. I'm wondering whether the simultaneous install of v 1.0 and v1.03 (at almost the same rate as the disc) is causing the issue.

Fingers crossed for you guys and please update.

Simulation
26-09-2017, 22:51
Guys, I might have a solution (for disc copies anyway). Ok, so I have posted many times on this thread but to give you an summary of how bad pcars 2 has been for me, I have not managed more than 2 complete laps in a race (usually it's 1 lap) since getting the game on Saturday. I have tried multiple things and re-installed several times without luck. So I did a few things tonight, some of which I don't think played a part but I will list everything I did:

2) Deleted the apps YouTube, Amazon video and My5 catch up (I don't think these helped).
4) Inserted the disc to allow installation off the disc and immediately paused the update download of v1.03.
7) Once this was complete, installed and then fired up the game (well actually after 2 hours of pcars 1 with my mates, so the pro was nice and hot).

I have just managed to complete two races with two different cars at two different tracks without an issue. I know this isn't a thorough test but it's nearly midnight. I thought I'd post before sleep to see if anyone else can replicate. It also dawned on me that most of the regular contributors have specified they have fast internet connections, as do I. I'm wondering whether the simultaneous install of v 1.0 and v1.03 (at almost the same rate as the disc) is causing the issue.

Just curious; but why didn't you just disconnect the internet so that the update couldn't be performed?

zr1chris
27-09-2017, 01:51
It seems to just be happening at random. I had it happen once on Sunday and once today.

Rotan71
27-09-2017, 06:58
It seems to just be happening at random. I had it happen once on Sunday and once today.

That's the point, it hasn't been random for me. Every race the game has crashed for me, within 1 or 2 laps without fail, so 2-4 minutes into a game. After doing the above I completed two races back to back taking approximately 40 mins. I will confirm tonight whether this is a permanent (or as permanent as pcars can get) solution for me. I just thought I'd get it out there in case it helps others.

SIMULATION: No particular reason I paused rather than disconnecting, just seemed easier.

Erwin Berkers
27-09-2017, 07:36
Sorry guys, feel your pain, wish I could help.

I guess you tried disabling boost mode, as this was suggested in a Bungie forum as a mitigating solution for their game on the PS4 Pro? Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

Polowtf
27-09-2017, 17:04
Nobody tryed Sugo R34 in communautary ??? It really work at all if u only do the 1st lap...

Project777
27-09-2017, 17:47
Nobody tryed Sugo R34 in communautary ??? It really work at all if u only do the 1st lap...

Doesn't really work

Rotan71
27-09-2017, 19:00

Update: Ignore everything above. Normal service is resumed, I haven't managed more than two complete laps...siiigghhhh. The planets must have been aligned under my birth sign last night! Over to you SMS, please give us a fix soon.

Simulation
27-09-2017, 19:08
This is BS. Who do we contact for refunds?

Rotan71
27-09-2017, 19:26

The same person fixing the game ��

Berk-124
27-09-2017, 22:12
Same problem here in France

PS4 Pro / Digital / 4K / HDR

Actually trying a re-instal with all data donwloaded before first launch.

Berk-124
27-09-2017, 22:55
Re-install didn't solve the problem.

Switching off boost mode neither.

Try to switch between different video output modes tomorrow.

knoop
28-09-2017, 10:36
Just curious; but why didn't you just disconnect the internet so that the update couldn't be performed?

It feeds my anger, which feeds the desire to ask my money back.
Also it is easier to cancel the download than disable and enable the WIFI.
Also, I dont have to review this page every day to see if an update is available

Same problem here in France

PS4 Pro / Digital / 4K / HDR

Actually trying a re-instal with all data donwloaded before first launch.

And V1.03
The disc version (V1.00?) crashes too, but a lot less)
p.s. what do you mean with digital?

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 10:45
The same place you bought the game.

solocapers
28-09-2017, 11:12

Not sure if English is your first language and its lost in translation but as an admin of this site that response is horrific. Total lack of empathy and comes over as snide. Better off saying nothing than essentially telling the fella to sling his hook.

I get you guys have been having a hard time with the game just being released but for the folk with their game crashing constantly thats a pretty crappy reply.

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 11:49
Not sure if English is your first language and its lost in translation but as an admin of this site that response is horrific. Total lack of empathy and comes over as snide. Better off saying nothing than essentially telling the fella to sling his hook.

I get you guys have been having a hard time with the game just being released but for the folk with their game crashing constantly thats a pretty crappy reply.
Yes English isn't my first language but I think I've mastered it well enough in order to convey exactly what I mean, which is also the case for this posting.

I don't like it one bit to see many people having issues with our game, but IMO in this case my response was to the point and 'in style' with the question. He (assuming 'he' for brevity) starts with swearing, and then asks a direct question and I respond equally. Not sure what's so horrific about it. Perhaps you're putting too much personal interpretation in it?

Berk-124
28-09-2017, 11:52
It feeds my anger, which feeds the desire to ask my money back.
p.s. what do you mean with digital?

Digital copy from PS store. No disc.

I've tried 1080p without HDR same problem.

My PS4 is now reset to factory. Wait for downlod to finish.

Am i alone with download failures : something like impossible to connect with server. It pause the download and i have to resume it ?

knoop
28-09-2017, 12:55
Yes English isn't my first language but I think I've mastered it well enough in order to convey exactly what I mean, which is also the case for this posting.

I don't like it one bit to see many people having issues with our game, but IMO in this case my response was to the point and 'in style' with the question. He (assuming 'he' for brevity) starts with swearing, and then asks a direct question and I respond equally. Not sure what's so horrific about it. Perhaps you're putting too much personal interpretation in it?

My supplier told me a refund is not possible because i had opened the package.
So I have to take it up with the "consumentenbond" (consumers association) or hope for a Toyota-like-action where the producer of the product offers a recall-and-refund action

Sankyo
28-09-2017, 12:59
My supplier told me a refund is not possible because i had opened the package.
Which store was that?

So I have to take it up with the "consumentenbond" (consumers association) or hope for a Toyota-like-action where the producer of the product offers a recall-and-refund action
The only thing you can expect from the publisher/developer in this case is that they identify the problem and fix it. Which I think would be the best scenario, considering that you actually want to play the game? :)
And yes, we all hope that this will happen ASAP...

Roger Prynne
28-09-2017, 13:09

He asked a question and Remco answered him in a honest and polite way, how is that a total lack of empathy and comes over as snide.
I think you are overreacting to be honest.

Simulation
28-09-2017, 13:13

For the record, I wasn't offended by this response. My position remains the same - This is BS.

Where in the PS Store can I request a refund?

(only 19 Days till Grand Turismo Sport is released)

danowat
28-09-2017, 13:27
For the record, I wasn't offended by this response. My position remains the same - This is BS.

Where in the PS Store can I request a refund?

(only 19 Days till Grand Turismo Sport is released)

You need to contact the customer support line, which country are you in?

solocapers
28-09-2017, 13:28
He asked a question and Remco answered him in a honest and polite way, how is that a total lack of empathy and comes over as snide.
I think you are overreacting to be honest.

Maybe, the way I read it it comes over as snide. "same place you bought it"

Would have been a bit more constructive saying.. "you can take it back to the shop however we're very sorry about the issue...hold tight, its getting fixed and we will update with an ETA when we know more"

As a suggestion.. can you guys maybe create a sticky with all the known issues listed to put peoples minds at ease? Also stops the multiple threads about the same issue.

Simulation
28-09-2017, 14:34
You need to contact the customer support line, which country are you in?

Thanks danowat - I'm in Canada. I will try finding the support line you speak of.

Simulation
28-09-2017, 14:36
Maybe, the way I read it it comes over as snide. "same place you bought it"

Would have been a bit more constructive saying.. "you can take it back to the shop however we're very sorry about the issue...hold tight, its getting fixed and we will update with an ETA when we know more"

As a suggestion.. can you guys maybe create a sticky with all the known issues listed to put peoples minds at ease? Also stops the multiple threads about the same issue.

I agree, his reply was a little less than I would expect from a moderator, but let's stay on topic - FIX THE GAME ALREADY.

Berk-124
28-09-2017, 16:29
Just test with fresh factory reset of mys PS4 pro. No improvement.

Rotan71
28-09-2017, 20:38
I agree, his reply was a little less than I would expect from a moderator, but let's stay on topic - FIX THE GAME ALREADY.

I also agree that a little more tactility could be shown by a moderator, especially to someone who has contributed in a meaningful fashion throughout this thread. The BS (hardly the most offensive term) is a sign of the frustration we are suffering at the moment. What would be more useful would be an update on whether there is progress, or not, on rectifying the problem. And let's not forget this is a community assisted racing game!

Patrickb1973
29-09-2017, 04:39
Im on PS4 Pro with digital Deluxe on an external hard drive, i had this problem on day one but i got it fixed on day one too, what i did was start the ps4 in safe mode and then choose to rebuild the database, as for the lag / freezes people have disable all notifcations such as Ps4 Trophy notifications and when friends come online etc. Just turn them all of also do not press the PS4 home button in other words do not go to the PS4 home screen and then back to the game it causes a memory leak. Been playing lag / freeze free with zero crashes since then.

Project777
29-09-2017, 08:12
Im on PS4 Pro with digital Deluxe on an external hard drive, i had this problem on day one but i got it fixed on day one too, what i did was start the ps4 in safe mode and then choose to rebuild the database, as for the lag / freezes people have disable all notifcations such as Ps4 Trophy notifications and when friends come online etc. Just turn them all of also do not press the PS4 home button in other words do not go to the PS4 home screen and then back to the game it causes a memory leak. Been playing lag / freeze free with zero crashes since then.

tried but not successfully

danowat
29-09-2017, 08:14
Just to follow up on this, these crashes, for me at least, seem to come exclusively in career mode.

whiteangel017
29-09-2017, 08:34
I've got the same problem after few minutes of playing on a PS4 Pro. Same result with boost mode off... Did players have the same result after reinstall game and delete game data ? Did you try to play without install the day one patch on a PS4 Pro?

knoop
29-09-2017, 15:19
Which store was that?

The only thing you can expect from the publisher/developer in this case is that they identify the problem and fix it. Which I think would be the best scenario, considering that you actually want to play the game? :)
And yes, we all hope that this will happen ASAP...

Store is GameMania

:) fix ... ASAP ... waiting a week ... weekend for the door ;)... I'm not gonna go into this

Simulation
29-09-2017, 23:26
I've got the same problem after few minutes of playing on a PS4 Pro. Same result with boost mode off... Did players have the same result after reinstall game and delete game data ? Did you try to play without install the day one patch on a PS4 Pro?

We've tried it all. It's in the hands of SMS

danowat
30-09-2017, 10:56
Just to follow up on this, these crashes, for me at least, seem to come exclusively in career mode.

Scrap that, just had two hard crashes in private testing mode.

Rotan71
30-09-2017, 16:32
I tried rebuilding the PS4pro database today, managed 3 corners in career mode before the system locked again. Tried the Forza 7 demo after, got more play time in one afternoon from a freebie compared to my £50 purchase!!

danowat
30-09-2017, 16:57
Are SMS ever going to acknowledge this issue?

Sankyo
30-09-2017, 17:12
Are SMS ever going to acknowledge this issue?

They already did, and they are looking into this.

danowat
30-09-2017, 17:58
They already did, and they are looking into this.

Where? I've not seen anything official about the issue.

kingfuzz
30-09-2017, 20:13
PS4 PRO
T300
G15 KEYBOARD
DIGITAL COPY

Not one crash.

Waiting for the keyboard, AI fix and shadows/graphics smoothing in replay.

Rotan71
30-09-2017, 20:15
Where? I've not seen anything official about the issue.

About 5 pages back, the CEO did - which is appreciated. But, it would be nice to know if there has been any progress and when we might see the patch to allow us to play the game.

danowat
01-10-2017, 11:12
OK, missed that.

If they could fix these issues, I could probably live with the rest of the problems the game has, but as it stands I can't play for more than 30mins without it blue screening or hard locking.

Waste of my time.

Rotan71
01-10-2017, 12:55
OK, missed that.

If they could fix these issues, I could probably live with the rest of the problems the game has, but as it stands I can't play for more than 30mins without it blue screening or hard locking.

Waste of my time.

Agree. You should consider yourself lucky with 30 mins. 1-2 laps for me, yesterday 3 corners!!! Really annoying as my racing buddies are not having issues, including one on PS4pro.

jdmnsprd
01-10-2017, 14:00
I got a regular ps4 and this is the second time this has happened ... I was in an online qualifying lobby for 20 mins and with only 1:30s left for the race to start this happens when is this going to be fixed?

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 14:06
Agree. You should consider yourself lucky with 30 mins. 1-2 laps for me, yesterday 3 corners!!! Really annoying as my racing buddies are not having issues, including one on PS4pro.

when is this going to be fixed?

Exactly so it's hard to pin down.
Some people are having no issues with exactly the same hardware, so go figure.

Sankyo
01-10-2017, 14:15
But, it would be nice to know if there has been any progress and when we might see the patch to allow us to play the game.
I agree it would be nice, but the devs do not have an obligation to report progress and timing of fixes in this forum. Personally I'd rather have them working on the fixes than spending time on the forum answering those questions :)

BreadedVirus
01-10-2017, 17:41
Happened to me today.

When i started the game back up ALL my wheel settings went back to default.

Along with the menu lag, setups issue and FFB issues, i am getting to the point where i am thinking i wasted $60 on the game.....

The thing is that it COULD be a great game, but these bugs are stopping me from enjoying it to its full potential.

danowat
02-10-2017, 10:28
Just a thought, if the devs can't replicate it on any of their systems, I am sure I could get my system to them.

bowley999
02-10-2017, 10:29
PS4 Pro same problem as reported by all you others. I cant get round one complete lap of the first career race without the CE-34878-0 crash. I've reinstalled 3 times and done all the other possible fixes such as rebuilding database etc.
I just wanted to let you guys know that I've been trying to get a refund from PlayStation for the last 7 days and swapped numerous messages explaining why they are in breach of the sale of goods act and that a digital purchased game that does not run properly is the definition of 'Not fit for the purpose'. Their last response was as listed below. I have already sent them a screen shot of the error and directed them to this forum so that they can see how many people are affected.

I think we are stuck waiting for a patch.

'Thanks for your recent contact to PlayStation Support,

I apologise but without you contacting the publisher there is nothing further that we would be able to advise in this situation.
As such please speak with Bandi Namco to discuss this further.

If Bandi Namco are unable to assist or refer you back to us, please get the following information so that we can keep looking into this:
• A reference number for your case with the publisher.
• A screenshot of all correspondence between yourself and the publisher.
• A screenshot of the error you are receiving.

Scott
Player Support Specialist
PlayStation Support

Simulation
02-10-2017, 12:26
PS4 Pro same problem as reported by all you others. I cant get round one complete lap of the first career race without the CE-34878-0 crash. I've reinstalled 3 times and done all the other possible fixes such as rebuilding database etc.
I just wanted to let you guys know that I've been trying to get a refund from PlayStation for the last 7 days and swapped numerous messages explaining why they are in breach of the sale of goods act and that a digital purchased game that does not run properly is the definition of 'Not fit for the purpose'. Their last response was as listed below. I have already sent them a screen shot of the error and directed them to this forum so that they can see how many people are affected.

I think we are stuck waiting for a patch.

'Thanks for your recent contact to PlayStation Support,

I apologise but without you contacting the publisher there is nothing further that we would be able to advise in this situation.
As such please speak with Bandi Namco to discuss this further.

If Bandi Namco are unable to assist or refer you back to us, please get the following information so that we can keep looking into this:
• A reference number for your case with the publisher.
• A screenshot of all correspondence between yourself and the publisher.
• A screenshot of the error you are receiving.

Scott
Player Support Specialist
PlayStation Support

Contact information please.

I think we should all relentlessly reach out to them for a refund.

Hopefully we can get playstation to temporarily suspend digital sales. Hurt em in the pocket and we'll see this issue resolved.

Roger Prynne
02-10-2017, 12:52
Contact information please.

I think we should all relentlessly reach out to them for a refund.

Hopefully we can get playstation to temporarily suspend digital sales. Hurt em in the pocket and we'll see this issue resolved.

Who exactly are you trying to hurt, SMS or Sony?

danowat
02-10-2017, 13:01
Who exactly are you trying to hurt, SMS or Sony?

I don't think anyone wants to 'hurt' anybody, I think we're all just frustrated with the situation, and the fact that a lot of people can't get a refund from Sony.

Madwak55
02-10-2017, 17:23
I've been playing on my PS4 pro everyday since launch and I've not had a single crash so it's very puzzling why it's happening to some and not others?
I've got a bog standard PS4 pro (not a day one edition) running latest Sony update, no additional or different HDD, Digital download of game complete with patch before I even opened the game, running on fast wifi not Ethernet, Outputting on 4K to a UHD tv, Fanatec CSL elite for PS4 (BMW rim) + elite loadcell pedals.
The only problem I've had is the menu lag/freeze which was cured by deleting car setup saves.
I really feel for you guys having the problems cos I know how the game feels when it's working properly and I would have been totally gutted having just had a week off work if the game hadn't played.

danowat
03-10-2017, 06:47
My life with Project Cars 2.

https://abload.de/img/img_20171003_060911x1sra.jpg

whiteangel017
03-10-2017, 09:43
[QUOTE=danowat;1381141]My life with Project Cars 2.

PS4 firmware 5.00 is available. Did you try it ? And did you have same issue with PC2? I don't already try it on my pro for the moment.

danowat
03-10-2017, 09:46
PS4 firmware 5.00 is available. Did you try it ? And did you have same issue with PC2? I don't already try it on my pro for the moment.

Haven't tried 5.00 yet, and no, have never had a problem with any other game, including PC1 or AC.

danowat
03-10-2017, 11:45
Wonder if I should just buy another PS4 Pro..............

bowley999
03-10-2017, 12:25
[QUOTE=danowat;1381141]My life with Project Cars 2.

Just installed firmware 5.00 and for about 5 seconds I got excited as I managed to get round two corners of the first race and then freeze. It actually hard crashed the PS4 Pro and I had to disconnect power to get it to start again. So no this has not fixed the problem

whiteangel017
03-10-2017, 12:38
Wonder if I should just buy another PS4 Pro..............

I've got same problem with my PC2 copy and this is the only game I've played with a such high number of different issues (I've approximatly played 100 games since the beginning of PS4, I've already experimented crashes but maybe two or three for all theses games). .. I'm not sure you will fix them with a new PS4pro (don't know if your are lucky or not)...

whiteangel017
03-10-2017, 12:44
[QUOTE=whiteangel017;1381328]

Just installed firmware 5.00 and for about 5 seconds I got excited as I managed to get round two corners of the first race and then freeze. It actually hard crashed the PS4 Pro and I had to disconnect power to get it to start again. So no this has not fixed the problem

Really sorry for your experience and thank you for report it... (I've got same crash but instead of disconnected power, try to stay push power or eject button just after the bug, you will hear three bip, and you should manage to reboot your PS4 without disconnect it 'cause I think hard drive really don't like that ...)

danowat
03-10-2017, 12:49
I know that SMS have no duty to keep us up to date with patching progress, and I know they are investigating, but I would appreciate just a few words as to whether they've seen the issue in their testing, and whether there is a chance of it being fixed.

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 14:58
I know that SMS have no duty to keep us up to date with patching progress, and I know they are investigating, but I would appreciate just a few words as to whether they've seen the issue in their testing, and whether there is a chance of it being fixed.
Some background info: the error code is generic, but the root cause isn't always the same so basically there are different types of crashes. SMS is going through all of them and fixing them one by one.

danowat
03-10-2017, 15:02
Thank you, that sounds positive.

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 15:07
No guaranteed deadline, though. A cause and solution for each crash needs to be found, and that takes time...

Yosh916
03-10-2017, 15:20
So I downloaded the new 5.0 update on ps4 pro and went in the game and 5 min in got the blue screen error I understand it's not the fault of sms it's hard I'm sure to predict errors like this or for see that all these error were gonna happen but dam it's so frustrating I spent over 60$ on a game that is just collecting dust and can't play as many people are going threw the same problem I just don't have the patience feel sorry for digital owners because they can't even return the game and buy it later once these problems get addresses and spend there money on a game that actual works and get enjoyment out of there purchase of hard earned money. But I'm taking this game back and will buy down the road later when issues are resolved please sms or sony make these crashes a top priority and fix the game so your fans and race fans can enjoy your game with all the glory I'm sure it has, but right now alot of people are left with a unplayable game and some may never take another shot at your game due to so much disappointment. Pleas keep the community posted with these crashes and update people of future updates or fixes. Also use your Twitter to update the people as well can be a lil inconvenient and or confusing for people to only contact you threw the forums. Anyway good luck and hope these crashes get addressed

2010 Synergy Camaro
03-10-2017, 15:25
No guaranteed deadline, though. A cause and solution for each crash needs to be found, and that takes time...

Do you know if the developers are testing on the console itself or a dev kit? I remember with a couple of DLC from Project Cars on PS4 where the tracks with pit issues could not be fixed because the developers could not recreate the problem.

danowat
03-10-2017, 16:00

So is it still worthwhile to submit crash error reports? Do these help the process?

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 18:27
So is it still worthwhile to submit crash error reports? Do these help the process?
Absolutely.

Simulation
03-10-2017, 18:48
So, I've been in discussions with the PlayStation support staff; refunds are possible provided you have tried to reinitialize your ps4. As we know, the reinitialization doesn't work, but they'd like to hear that you've already tried that before they issue the refund.

For those interested in a refund, simply contact the PlayStation support via Twitter. They respond rather quickly and direct you to a support consultant who will create a case and ask some questions. After you've exhausted their suggestions without resolving the issue, they will issue the refund.

Good luck everyone - seems like there are some decent sim racers in here and perhaps I'll catch up with you in Grand Turismo Sport later this month.

Berk-124
03-10-2017, 19:13
Try tonight with 5.00 firmware. Still crashed and crashed again :mad:

cornishbrooksy
03-10-2017, 19:22
So, I've been in discussions with the PlayStation support staff; refunds are possible provided you have tried to reinitialize your ps4. As we know, the reinitialization doesn't work, but they'd like to hear that you've already tried that before they issue the refund.

For those interested in a refund, simply contact the PlayStation support via Twitter. They respond rather quickly and direct you to a support consultant who will create a case and ask some questions. After you've exhausted their suggestions without resolving the issue, they will issue the refund.

Good luck everyone - seems like there are some decent sim racers in here and perhaps I'll catch up with you in Grand Turismo Sport later this month.

Enough now.....we get it.

Simulation
03-10-2017, 19:54
Enough now.....we get it.

Why don't you tell the others what you just told me in a private message "get your refund and be gone"? Very professional SMS.

And stop complaining guys, or you will get an infraction like I just did. Lol, the moderators here are something else.

Konan
03-10-2017, 19:59
of your 39 posts the last 4 of six mentioned a refund....i think we've been very patient uptil now...

cornishbrooksy
03-10-2017, 20:05
Why don't you tell the others what you just told me in a private message "get your refund and be gone"? Very professional SMS.

And stop complaining guys, or you will get an infraction like I just did. Lol, the moderators here are something else.

I am not an employee of SMS and as mentioned above 4 of your recent posts are mentioning about you getting a refund and contacting Sony to get refunds.....what am i missing here.

If you are successful in getting a refund, great for you, but please stop spouting this crap all over an SMS owned forum....and the main reason for your infraction was repeated complaining about acknowledged issues...like i said we get it, and its being dealt with.

Rotan71
03-10-2017, 21:57
Try tonight with 5.00 firmware. Still crashed and crashed again :mad:

Me too. Managed 3 corners of an online race!! Went back to pcars 1 for 2 hours!!

danowat
04-10-2017, 07:54
Yeah, can confirm still the same crash with FW 5.00

whiteangel017
04-10-2017, 09:41
Yeah, can confirm still the same crash with FW 5.00

Same crash for me with FW5.00 in career mode...

Madwak55
04-10-2017, 15:50
I can confirm that mines still running ok with new firmware. No crashes apart from on the track :)

whiteangel017
05-10-2017, 08:39
I've tested something yesterday evening that should be interesting for dev's maybe. Usually I can't play more than 2 or 3 corners during a race without crashing the game whatever the mode I played. Maybe , I was lucky but I've only changed the lap's number to the max (I'm in formula rookie in career mode so 8 laps in that case). And... no crash ...! I managed to play all the first race without any big crash (just small minor bugs like sounds missing, little lag on menu, and visual tires reactions really curious).
Maybe this test can help or not but I thought it is a good idea to mention it there (sorry for my bad english words...).
For that test: PS4 pro with mode boost activated ('cause I've just forgotten to switch off after my last game session on Divinity lol), FW5.00 and that all...

danowat
05-10-2017, 08:44
I can't find any pattern to my crashes, sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes it happens 2 mins into a session, sometimes it happens 10 mins into a session, there is nothing I can put my finger on that sets it off, or makes it more or less likely to crash.

cornishbrooksy
05-10-2017, 13:16
I've tested something yesterday evening that should be interesting for dev's maybe. Usually I can't play more than 2 or 3 corners during a race without crashing the game whatever the mode I played. Maybe , I was lucky but I've only changed the lap's number to the max (I'm in formula rookie in career mode so 8 laps in that case). And... no crash ...! I managed to play all the first race without any big crash (just small minor bugs like sounds missing, little lag on menu, and visual tires reactions really curious).
Maybe this test can help or not but I thought it is a good idea to mention it there (sorry for my bad english words...).
For that test: PS4 pro with mode boost activated ('cause I've just forgotten to switch off after my last game session on Divinity lol), FW5.00 and that all...

Will pass this on to the devs, never know what they might find useful.

Bad Wolf
05-10-2017, 15:24
So it's crash nr 8 or 9 for me in career, sometimes after a few laps sometimes in the last lap. Ffb sometimes is weakening and so much more bugs. But i guess i cannot complain to much or some are getting fed up... Well a lot of customers are fed up too and why should'nt we have the right to complain, is'nt that normal after paying €99. I for one bought Pcars with all dlc for PC and PS4, Pcars 2 with 2 dlc only for PS4. So i've been investing fairly good in this company but the dissapointment is too big for Pcars 3 in my collection. It's really sad that the money is usefull but not our complains, hm...

Roger Prynne
05-10-2017, 15:31
So it's crash nr 8 or 9 for me in career, sometimes after a few laps sometimes in the last lap. Ffb sometimes is weakening and so much more bugs. But i guess i cannot complain to much or some are getting fed up... Well a lot of customers are fed up too and why should'nt we have the right to complain, is'nt that normal after paying €99. I for one bought Pcars with all dlc for PC and PS4, Pcars 2 with 2 dlc only for PS4. So i've been investing fairly good in this company but the dissapointment is too big for Pcars 3 in my collection. It's really sad that the money is usefull but not our complains, hm...

You definitely have the right to complain about bugs as long as people do it in a constructive way.

whiteangel017
05-10-2017, 16:18
I can't find any pattern to my crashes, sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes it happens 2 mins into a session, sometimes it happens 10 mins into a session, there is nothing I can put my finger on that sets it off, or makes it more or less likely to crash.

I'm agree, It's really difficult for us to find pattern to these crashes but during my first game on PC2, just after bought it, before my first race, I've immedialtly changed the lap number to max like I've done in PC1 and I had no big crash during the whole first day of gaming.
At the end of this first day , I've changed the lap number for the defaut setting (5 laps). Until this moment, crashes occured each time I've played. I realized this when I've made this test yesterday...
Maybe such test it's idiot, I don't know ... I have no idea what dev's job mean in details and how they can detect and solve crashes (just know they spend more than legal hours for sure...)

Sankyo
05-10-2017, 17:30

You can complain for sure, but a) keep it civil and b) repeated complaining is not going to speed things up, it will only clutter the forum which makes it difficult for mods and developers to use the forum for support and bug tracing. At that point we will step in to maintain usability of the forum.

uniquesilver
06-10-2017, 06:02
Hello. Reporting same problem on PS 4 Pro. Newest PS software, Pcars2 Disc limited edition, after 10GB update, freshly installed. No boost mode, HDCP on. Menus working correctly. After loading of any race with any car, both trening and race- game freezes from 5 sec to 1 minute after race start, console restarts and showing CE-34878 error. It happens every time. I made yesterday whole console initiation, and installed Pcars2 again- nothing changed, the same problem still exist, other games working without problem. With it game is completely unplayable. And one more thing- during this max 1 minute before freeze, I noticed very bad quality of textures, game looks worse than pcars1, once black object with pink pixels appeared in place of a tree. Every time it crashed I sent error to Playstation, hope you can read it... Looks like game wasn't tested properly on PS4 pro newest software.

danowat
06-10-2017, 08:22
I made yesterday whole console initiation, and installed Pcars2 again- nothing changed, the same problem still exist, other games working without problem.

I just want to say that, to anyone reading this, and thinking this might fix it, it won't, it's not worth your time and effort to reinitialise the whole system again, despite what Sony say.

uniquesilver
06-10-2017, 09:20
I just want to say that, to anyone reading this, and thinking this might fix it, it won't, it's not worth your time and effort to reinitialise the whole system again, despite what Sony say.

Unfortunately I've found this topic after I reinstalled console :/ 5 hours of my console lifetime gone away.

danowat
06-10-2017, 09:25
Unfortunately I've found this topic after I reinstalled console :/ 5 hours of my console lifetime gone away.

Yes, I know, I am just hoping other people see it and don't have to go through the same rigmarole.

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 09:55
@ danowat
If you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't say it please.

danowat
06-10-2017, 10:00
@ danowat
If you haven't got anything constructive to say then don't say it please.

Sorry you feel that way, but I think it is constructive.

If you follow the trouble shooting steps from Sony, then reinitialize the console is one of the steps, but it is completely unnecessary, won't correct the error, and will just lead to the user having to download and reinstall all their games again from scratch, quite a big undertaking.

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 10:12
^ Yeah I'm very sorry mate I miss read your post completely, carry on :cower:

chops13
06-10-2017, 22:04
Add me to the list of CEC error users

Berk-124
06-10-2017, 22:11
Hello every one !

Maybe i've got something tonight for a beginning of a solution.
After one week of crashes in free pratice, free race or carreer, i've just managed to finish the 1st carreer race with a full 30 min practice + 15 min qualifying + a 5 lap race with a formula rookie / UK championship.

What was different tonight for me ? Just a simple thing : I Haven't any disk in the blu ray player. All my other tries, that all crashed after few second or min, was with horizon or fallout disk inserted in player.
One other thing tonight after removing the disk, i've launched PC2 pratice on some laps, close the app before any crash, and then restarted PC2 and go in carreer mode.

So maybe it's a solution for owners of the digital copy from the store (sorry guys with a physical disk) or maybe I was just lucky tonight. Can you try this solution guys ?

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 22:22
^ Thanks for the info, perhaps it might help someone.

Boreham1980
07-10-2017, 02:23
Hey I’m new to the forums but not to project cars. I’m also getting these crashes on my PS4 Pro with digital download. I have read through and tried everything suggested and nothing has worked for me so far either, I have never had a disk in mine so I can rule out that one as luck. It’s a shame because I’m the few times I’ve actually got the game to work it’s fantastic.

The most annoying part is I’m trying to get my online race license score up and every time it crashes on me (the console not my car) I’m being punished. I know this probably isn’t the correct thread for this but if/when the patch is released to resolve this problem will we get some sort of credit for our license?

uniquesilver
07-10-2017, 12:03
^ Thanks for the info, perhaps it might help someone.

Can't do that with Disc version of a game. As I can notice- this thread is 2 weeks old already. Are there any information when devs will repair unprepared game that we pay for? I've spent 6 hours of my time to reinstall everything, one hour to get to shop for a game and come back. It means one working day- lost on this game without result. Without even speaking of money. It makes me angry, really. There should be some official statement from developers.

Do they even think about money refund for us- your clients?

Game is completly unplayable and unusable. Already my four friends didn't buy this game because they saw what is happening to me. You are losing your company image and trust of costumers.

It's just pathetic to release game not tested on every aspect. Like you sell a car which is not starting.

Please give us a date- when problems are gonna be solved- a month? a year? next monday?

danowat
07-10-2017, 12:25
Just to add something..
My crashes seem to happen more often during qualifying during career.

I am also now getting hard locks without blue screen as well

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 12:30
Can't do that with Disc version of a game. As I can notice- this thread is 2 weeks old already. Are there any information when devs will repair unprepared game that we pay for? I've spent 6 hours of my time to reinstall everything, one hour to get to shop for a game and come back. It means one working day- lost on this game without result. Without even speaking of money. It makes me angry, really. There should be some official statement from developers.

Do they even think about money refund for us- your clients?

Game is completly unplayable and unusable. Already my four friends didn't buy this game because they saw what is happening to me. You are losing your company image and trust of costumers.

It's just pathetic to release game not tested on every aspect. Like you sell a car which is not starting.

Please give us a date- when problems are gonna be solved- a month? a year? next monday?
Some time this year.

But seriously, I'll quote Remco here.....

On top of that: the upcoming patch not only needs to solve all of the known large issues (and as many smaller ones as possible), but it also needs to be made very sure that no new issues are introduced. Having plenty of experience with complex software integration work in my daily job myself, I know that for certain this cannot be prevented 100% (but I'm looking forward to be pleasantly surprised :)), but SMS has to take their time to make the patch as good as they can.

It's a Catch-22 with wanting to bring out the patch as quickly as possible to finally give everyone the game that pC2 really is, but on the other hand to take the time to make it good. I can imagine the frustration very well, but given the console patching process SMS should definitely go with the second option.

Rotan71
07-10-2017, 16:52
Just to add something..
My crashes seem to happen more often during qualifying during career.

I am also now getting hard locks without blue screen as well

That's what I get most of the time, not seen the blue screen in a while. I've had image freeze, black screen and white screen.

I have also tried re-initialised without any change. 4 corners into my first lap it locked again.

I spoke with Sony UK today and the representative was unaware of these issues. He only suggested the initialisation. My reason for contacting them was to register the issue with them before the 1 year warranty runs out on the console in case this ends up being due to the hardware. I would suggest others do the same.

Markpilko
07-10-2017, 23:41
Crashes in many scenarios, however to pick a specific one that is repeatable on my system:
Crash Scenario:
When does crash occur: either in pit lane after having just pulled out of garage, or within 20seconds of exiting pit lane onto the track (haven’t yet been able to get to the end of a single lap yet after 5 tries)
Ps4 system type: PS4pro V5.00
Game Media type: Disk (Collectors Edition)
race type: quick play/private testing
Vehicle select:falcon fg6
Track:Bathurst
Setting:
Date type: current date
Session Start time: 11:00
Time progression: real time
Season: spring
Weather slots: 1
Weather forecasts clear
Selected Start, no tuning, no setup

UPDATE 12/10/17: V2.00 patch has fixed the problem, I have finally been able to complete a lap (lots of laps in fact), good work on sorting it out :-)

chops13
08-10-2017, 01:10
Hello every one !

Maybe i've got something tonight for a beginning of a solution.
After one week of crashes in free pratice, free race or carreer, i've just managed to finish the 1st carreer race with a full 30 min practice + 15 min qualifying + a 5 lap race with a formula rookie / UK championship.

What was different tonight for me ? Just a simple thing : I Haven't any disk in the blu ray player. All my other tries, that all crashed after few second or min, was with horizon or fallout disk inserted in player.
One other thing tonight after removing the disk, i've launched PC2 pratice on some laps, close the app before any crash, and then restarted PC2 and go in carreer mode.

So maybe it's a solution for owners of the digital copy from the store (sorry guys with a physical disk) or maybe I was just lucky tonight. Can you try this solution guys ?

My crashing occurs with the digital edition without anything in disk drive.

Berk-124
08-10-2017, 09:24
OK, so disk is not the solution. I managed to finish now a second race without crash or stop the game. I only use standy mode.

Maybe this one help : One other thing tonight after removing the disk, i've launched PC2 pratice on some laps, close the app before any crash, and then restarted PC2 and go in carreer mode.

Should not said anything. It's now crashing and crashing again ...

Polowtf
09-10-2017, 09:49
Guys.. Any solution for the freeze crash ??

For me it work with my friend's PS4 PRO but not on mine.... And we bought the PS4 PRO the same day in the same shop !!! How the F*** its possible ??

Sankyo
09-10-2017, 10:32

For me it work with my friend's PS4 PRO but not on mine.... And we bought the PS4 PRO the same day in the same shop !!! How the F*** its possible ??
I bet SMS were asking themselves the same question. It's being investigated, and the solution hopefully will land in the upcoming patch.

knoop
10-10-2017, 12:42

Something smacked me in the face yesterday as I (Again) deleted the 1.03 download and ran the game with the delivered disk version. What controller do you and your friend use?
I have the (new) dualshock V2 controller

Berk-124
10-10-2017, 16:44
Something smacked me in the face yesterday as I (Again) deleted the 1.03 download and ran the game with the delivered disk version. What controller do you and your friend use?
I have the (new) dualshock V2 controller

Same for me v2 controller

danowat
11-10-2017, 12:00
Any news on crashing with 2.0?

bowley999
11-10-2017, 21:35
Any news on crashing with 2.0?
So the good news is after installing patch 2.0 I have for the first time been able to actually complete a whole race without the system crash. I played for 20 minutes with no problems. Will give it a longer go at the weekend but for now the problem appears to have been resolved

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 22:15
I'm on a PS4 Pro as well. But since I don't have anything noteworthy saved (no career progress or something and community event times are saved on SMS servers anyway) I deleted my profile after the patch installed but before I started the game.

If you want to delete your local PCARS 2 profile completely do the following :

In the PS4 menu go to settings, then storage, then data storage or something. Under there you will see a section for PCARS 2, if you open it you should see a lot of files with ghost data. Press option button on the controller to open the popup menu and select all, then delete. This will delete your profile (its one of the files) as well as all this ghost data. Sitenote : I don't have PSN+ so my data is stored locally. If you have PSN+ I recommend disconnecting your internet before starting PCARS 2 so it will make a new local save and not download from PSN network (at least that's how I can bypass it with XBox Gold on my XBox).

Note that your PCARS 2 screenshots are videos are not deleted either since they are saved elsewhere.

If you start the game and you get your voice-over assists for the menus again, it means it worked and your profile is not loaded but started anew.

If the above didn't help then I think it would either be something with the PCARS 2 files on your PS4 itself.

You do have PS4 version 5.00 I assume? (not sure if it matters but that's what I have running now) Was pushed out recently from Sony.

edit - since some of the previous posts mention a disk in the drive, I do have the disk version (ultra) for my PS4 Pro so the PCARS 2 disk is basically camping inside my drive since september 23nd. :)

edit 2 - I don't know if this matters but about 3-4 weeks ago I did completely factory reset my PS4 as well, had a lot of games and game data on it I wanted to get rid off and I just wiped it clean that way (also in anticipation of PCARS 2 at the time :) )

edit 3 - I didn't have any crash or bluescreen or any trouble of that kind for PCARS 2 on my PS4 Pro, not when I was playing version 1.03 and not today with 2.0. not sure what the problem can be for you guys with the crashes, I hope it gets fixed soon :(

Project777
12-10-2017, 06:23
Patch works, thanks

Markpilko
12-10-2017, 08:04
UPDATE 12/10/17 re: post #231: V2.00 patch has fixed the problem, I have finally been able to complete a lap (lots of laps in fact), good work on sorting it out :-)

uniquesilver
12-10-2017, 09:14
Yup, it works- thanks! Good I didn't returned my PS4 to Sony...

danowat
12-10-2017, 10:23
Yes, it appears the patch has corrected the issue.

Wonder what was causing it.....

Konan
12-10-2017, 15:44
Yes, it appears the patch has corrected the issue.

Wonder what was causing it.....

...Like i said before...bad driving...

Rotan71
12-10-2017, 22:28
2.0 seems to have corrected my issues too. Just had a half hour session where the anxiety of an impending system crash gradually ebbed away. Now I am getting to complete some laps I can already tell I am going to love this! The weekend will see a more thorough test drive!!

Thanks for your efforts guys in fixing the problem.

flatspunout
15-10-2017, 18:57
Just installed the game last night, out of a dozen or so online races I had three CE blue screen crashes. Deleted a bunch of stuff and did a database rebuild before installing the game, maybe I've just been unlucky.

uniquesilver
01-11-2017, 17:17
Hi guys, I have a problem with game. Before patch it was unplayable, freeze after 2-3 seconds of playing. Now it works longer, but there are random ce-34878 errors. Sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes after 10, sometimes after 30 min. During riding there is freeze of screen, i hear sounds from game for 2-3 seconds, then consle restarts with ce-34878 error. Do the Devs know about this problem with a game? Ps4 pro, no turbo mode, everything up to date, console after database rebuild, initialisation, nothing helps. Please for support, after every error i am sending feedback via ps4.

jmbarros
10-11-2017, 10:28
Just got this error while trying to join a lobby on my PS4 Pro.

Sankyo
10-11-2017, 10:33
Merged with existing thread. Please check this thread to scan for possible solutions. Be sure to submit the crash reports, as SMS will receive them. The error is a generic error that can have different root causes. Patch 2.0 fixed most of the crashes already, any new occurrances (assuming you have patch 2.0 installed) will have to be investigated.