PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] Oculus rift cv1 crash

Pontolix
23-09-2017, 07:38
Hello, my pc specs: i5 7600, evga gtx 1080, 16 gb ram, Logitech g27, win 10, oculus rift cv1.
When I start to drive in VR after few seconds the game crashes and closes itself. If I don't drive but only look around, it works fine. If I play not in VR everything works fine. I have installed the latest nvidia driver, i've tried to unplug the g27, to tweaks graphical settings in game and in Nvidia control panel, to close windows defender and every other software, but I'm unable to play in VR. Every other games in VR works fine(assetto corsa, raceroom, dirt rally...) on my pc.
I'm very disappointed because i've bought this game only for the native VR support and because i will not play it at all if VR is not working.
Sorry for my poor english and thanks in advice for every suggestion.

Siberian Tiger
23-09-2017, 07:39
Please have a look on the Windows Event Helper, to see why your PC is crashing, then Post it here and we can look further

BrainsBush
23-09-2017, 07:58
Hello, my pc specs: i5 7600, evga gtx 1080, 16 gb ram, Logitech g27, win 10, oculus rift cv1.
When I start to drive in VR after few seconds the game crashes and closes itself. If I don't drive but only look around, it works fine. If I play not in VR everything works fine. I have installed the latest nvidia driver, i've tried to unplug the g27, to tweaks graphical settings in game and in Nvidia control panel, to close windows defender and every other software, but I'm unable to play in VR. Every other games in VR works fine(assetto corsa, raceroom, dirt rally...) on my pc.
I'm very disappointed because i've bought this game only for the native VR support and because i will not play it at all if VR is not working.
Sorry for my poor english and thanks in advice for every suggestion.

This doesn't answer or solve your problem but I just want to let you know that I also have Oculus CV1 and also Pcars2 works great. So has your issue to do with Pcars2 or another sw/hw problem?

Boskapongen
23-09-2017, 08:04
Works fine here also, one thing i had, was when i run my system overclocked (CUP+GPU) gave me strange errors in SOME apps, OBS crashed etc. If you run overclocked, try run system vanilla to exclude that.

Pontolix
23-09-2017, 16:11
Thanks to all! My PC is not overclocked and the issue is related only to PCARS 2.
The game shutdown and return me to the desktop; my PC doesn't crash, so I don't know if windows event would be helpful (I also don't know how it works:confused:)...

Cbrriderr
23-09-2017, 17:06
I experience game crashing with my rift only when game is via steam. I get asseto corsa to crash once in awhile and now. Pc2. When I'm in iracing outside of steam it has never ever crashed or frozen. Also I noticed if I OC my gpu it crashes more frequently in steam.
I believe it has to do w steam rift and game compability.

Siberian Tiger
23-09-2017, 17:07
Can you Guys with that Problem please look into the Windows Event Viewer and post the Entries from the Time of the Crashes? That would propably help ;)

Pontolix
24-09-2017, 15:26
thanks to all! I've reinstalled windows from scratch and now everything is ok!