PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] PC2 won`t recognise my T100FF Wheel PS4

Cables71
23-09-2017, 07:42
Tried to play the game last night for the first time, only to find that the game doesn't even recognise my T100 wheel. I realise the wheel is outdated but as I understand it should still be supported by the game. I can only use my DS control pad with no option to change to the wheel in the control settings screen. Has anyone had similar issues, and did you resolve them? Or do I have to go to the bank and get the money out to buy a new wheel?:(

Siberian Tiger
23-09-2017, 07:46
Officially Supported Wheels (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-compatibility-list.html?lang=en)
The T100 is not licensed for the PS4. (Blame Sony)

I am sorry for you mate...

Please always stick to official Supported Wheels with License from Sony. For example the T150...

Cables71
23-09-2017, 07:51
Thanks for the good news Mate... off to the bank it is.:(

solocapers
23-09-2017, 08:18
Officially Supported Wheels (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-compatibility-list.html?lang=en)
The T100 is not licensed for the PS4. (Blame Sony)

I am sorry for you mate...

Please always stick to official Supported Wheels with License from Sony. For example the T150...

Dude, could you please stop saying "blame Sony" its totally passing the buck. (SMS is ofcourse forced to support licensed ps4 wheels but the option is there for the devs to support specific ps3 era wheels so its totally hypocritical when the T500 IS supported on pcars2 however is completely unlicensed for ps4 -as it doesnt have the magical security chip) yet you and other mods on here keep using the line "blame Sony" - its not just Sony's fault here as the wheel worked fine on PCars 1 - even though its always been unlicensed for PS4.

Quick simple question for you which I know probably wont be answered, but i'll ask it anyway. Why is the t500 supported on P Cars 2 when that's not licensed for the ps4?

It would annoy me much less if you guys were honest in that its not totally the PS4 licence thats the big massive problem here, more its just an old wheel that SMS have decided not to support anymore.

Much like the T100, the t500 ISNT licensed for PS4 however worked and was supported fine on the same console on P Cars 1.

Konan
23-09-2017, 08:36
Dude, could you please stop saying "blame Sony" its totally passing the buck. (SMS is forced to support licensed ps4 wheels but the option is there for the devs to support ps3 era wheels so its totally hypocritical when the T500 IS supported on pcars2 however is completely unlicenced for ps4 -as it doesnt have the magical security chip)

Quick question which I know you wont answer, but i'll ask it anyway. Why is the t500 supported on P Cars 2 as thats not licensed for the ps4?

It would annoy me much less if you guys were honest in that its not really the PS4 licence thats the big massive problem here, more its just an old wheel that SMS have decided not to support anymore.

Much like the T100 which like the t500 ISNT licenced for PS4 however worked and was supported fine on the same console on P Cars 1.

Dude,will you stop accusing us of telling lies...
The T500 is the official GT wheel so it would be stupid of Sony to quit support for it and shooting themselves in the foot...
The T100 only kept working in Pcars1 because the game wasn't patched further...IF a patch would have been submitted SMS would have had to exclude the T100 from the list of supported wheels...
They decided not to further patch the game...

solocapers
23-09-2017, 08:46
Konan, the t500 IS NOT in any way supported by Sony for use on ps4. Your talking absolute nonsense here. This kinda stuff is completely unhelpful and makes most of you look totally clueless on the matter no matter how much you are trying to help. You are stating stuff thats partially true while also absolving SMS of any blame whatsoever.

Regardless, if you check the SMS PC supported wheels list the t100 has also been removed from there when it was officially supported on the PC in pcars 1. Has Microsoft also banned the wheel from Windows?

This is why im calling you guys out on it. Its not the complete truth and you guys keep peddling it.

Yes its unlicensed so SMS dont need to support it officially but so is the t500. Sony hasn't licensed the t500 for the PS4. Im stating facts here. Check the thrustmaster webpage. Its listed as a PS3 only wheel. NO official support for the PS4 from either Sony or Thrustmaster regardless if its a GT wheel or not. I get most of you are WMD members but that doesnt remove SMS as being complicit in the problem.

You guys keep using the line, blame Sony, blame Sony. How come its an official supported wheel by CodeMasters on F1 2017 when that was released under a month ago on PS4? Please explain that when you guys keep blaming the PS4 licence and Sony as the only reason for it not working here.

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2017-supported-wheels-and-controllers/

You see, that whats annoying me the most, you guys keep purely blaming Sony for the licence but when I post clear and concise facts to the contrary that the licence isnt all that important and that Sony's offical line is that "its up to the devs to support ps3 era wheels" if they so wish it gets ignored.

A bit of honesty wouldn't have hurt and a heads up the wheel's support was to be dropped for pcars 2 would have been nice before I wasted my money on the game.

Cables71
23-09-2017, 12:08
Thanks for the info guys, can anyone recommend a decent wheel that I could purchase then??

Konan
23-09-2017, 12:09
Depends on your budget...

amazed
23-09-2017, 12:16
A heads up the wheel's support was to be dropped for pcars 2 would have been nice before I wasted my money on the game.

There are many WMD members who would have appreciated a heads up too.

This is life with any peripheral on any platform, either party can choose to withdraw support at any time, and as consumers we have limited choices as to how we deal with it.

I chose to deal with it today by changing my wheel from a T100 to a T150, I decided to be proactive about the situation and get on playing the game the way I want to.

amazed
23-09-2017, 12:17
Thanks for the info guys, can anyone recommend a decent wheel that I could purchase then??

Just paid 140 for a new T150, available slightly cheaper if you look around....

Cables71
23-09-2017, 18:37
There are many WMD members who would have appreciated a heads up too.

This is life with any peripheral on any platform, either party can choose to withdraw support at any time, and as consumers we have limited choices as to how we deal with it.

I chose to deal with it today by changing my wheel from a T100 to a T150, I decided to be proactive about the situation and get on playing the game the way I want to.

Too true My friend, I think I shall follow your lead and look at doing the same.

Dandanman94
24-09-2017, 00:07
If you're in the UK you can get a logitech g29 from Amazon warehouse for around 170.

siemens123
24-09-2017, 00:23
T100 worked perfectly with PC1 PS4 and it still works perfectly with F1 2017 PS4 and it will work with GT Sport PS4. The devs are just lazy and use excuses just as they did in PC1 with other matters ... bla bla bla blame Sony, bla bla bla outdated. Instead of doing this, put a driver for the T100 in PC2 PS4. it's not that hard ...

pioneer1985
24-09-2017, 02:45
Lucky I held off getting the game I have the T100 and would of wasted my money if I had, I have to say also it was a bit piss poor on no supported wheel info before release. I think solocapers and siemans makes good points about the wheel being supported on f1 2017. Reasons given for the wheel not being supported don't tally up. would like to get the game at some point but would rather not have to fork out another 150 for a new wheel. Will have to wait and see.

Ian Bell
24-09-2017, 03:08
T100 worked perfectly with PC1 PS4 and it still works perfectly with F1 2017 PS4 and it will work with GT Sport PS4. The devs are just lazy and use excuses just as they did in PC1 with other matters ... bla bla bla blame Sony, bla bla bla outdated. Instead of doing this, put a driver for the T100 in PC2 PS4. it's not that hard ...

We're not just lazy and using excuses. Please try to stop being rude.

If you knew anything about development you'd know we must use the latest SDK available to us before the game ships. Those SDK's are altered by 1st party and if they remove support for a given wheel, it's beyond our control. You'll have noticed that we shipped after F1 2017, hence we used a later SDK.

solocapers
24-09-2017, 06:12
We're not just lazy and using excuses. Please try to stop being rude.

If you knew anything about development you'd know we must use the latest SDK available to us before the game ships. Those SDK's are altered by 1st party and if they remove support for a given wheel, it's beyond our control. You'll have noticed that we shipped after F1 2017, hence we used a later SDK.

Thanks for the reply. So just to sanity check this:

F1 2017 shipped a month ago Thats extremely bad luck on our part that the last support was seemingly pulled in the last month or so. :rolleyes:

My question then is why was the supported wheel list not made available when the game went gold or even at worst in the days prior to release as the wheel list was surely locked in at that point? That could have saved 4 people including myself from the small racing league of about 12 I take part in essentially wasting money on this game.

We cant get refunds ofcourse as the box is opened so we now have the choice of using a controller, which is really not the best way to play (its still not comfortable to drive, better than the first game ill give you that) or wait till everyones saved up and bought a new wheel in which case our experience isnt going to be very good until such a time comes we all have a wheel. That leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth if im being honest and when PCars 3 comes out, rest assured I wont be pre ordering again.

I hope you can see how frustrating it is for those of us who assumed, due to the lack of info prior to launch that the wheels supported in PCars 1 would be the same for this game. Our logic being its the same system, only 2 years apart. Its very easy for some folk to say go buy a g29 or whatever but not everyone could afford 200 quid including the game with no prior warning.

Its piss poor communication to those who pre ordered. I dont honestly think ive seen a racing game release without the supported wheel list posted atleast days before release.

Cables71
24-09-2017, 09:28
Tried to play the game last night for the first time, only to find that the game doesn't even recognise my T100 wheel. I realise the wheel is outdated but as I understand it should still be supported by the game. I can only use my DS control pad with no option to change to the wheel in the control settings screen. Has anyone had similar issues, and did you resolve them? Or do I have to go to the bank and get the money out to buy a new wheel?:(

It seems I`ve opened the can of worms. On the plus side I played F1 2017 last night with my T100 and it was great, what a fantastic game that supports the trusty T100!!

amazed
24-09-2017, 10:46
It seems I`ve opened the can of worms. On the plus side I played F1 2017 last night with my T100 and it was great, what a fantastic game that supports the trusty T100!!

Mind you, the T150 is better..... :p

Exoil
24-09-2017, 16:33
Mind you, the T150 is better..... :p

And the T300 is even better :witless:

jrbwd6
26-09-2017, 04:54
hi guys need help .have pc2 and this wheel is not reconised by game in optoins menu i have seen people use the t500 on pc2 is this wheel compatible , also tried a logitech g29 but that also wasnt visible by the game in options menu any help would be great as dont want to play on controller

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 04:58
Soryr, T100 is not supported on PS4 due to Sony restrictions.

jrbwd6
26-09-2017, 05:16
thanks,
will they be adding to list i brought it for the ps4 ,they done this from ps3 to ps4 ,

Konan
26-09-2017, 05:21
Threads merged...

Konan
26-09-2017, 05:22
thanks,
will they be adding to list i brought it for the ps4 ,they done this from ps3 to ps4 ,

They can't...restricted by Sony...

FlyinJake
26-09-2017, 10:15

I had the same issue with my T500RS, the game would not recognize it at the screen where it says START (X). This is where you push the X button on the wheel to get the game to recognize it so you can play the game with the wheel. I found that the solution was to remove the USB hub that I connected to my PS4 and then let only my wheel be connected to one of the USB ports on the PS4. Then when the game recognizes the wheel, I can plugin the USB hub to have the pedals, shifter, headset etc. connect as well.

Try this and let us know if it works.

jrbwd6
30-09-2017, 08:37
thanks for reply but are you going to add drivers as i also brought the game to use a t100 , not another pc game to go unplayed due to this , samr thing happerned from ps3 to ps4

jrbwd6
30-09-2017, 08:39
it amazes me that some wheels are reconised and some not are they are all racing games in the end with the sim in mind surely best to play on a wheel

Siberian Tiger
30-09-2017, 08:39
No, no Drivers will be added. It's simply not possible. Blame Sony, they restrict compatible Wheels with there Licenses.

jrbwd6
30-09-2017, 08:42
thanks for reply but are you going to add drivers as i also brought the game to use a t100 , not another pc game to go unplayed due to this , samr thing happerned from ps3 to ps4

Roger Prynne
30-09-2017, 09:23
No need to ask the same thing twice in two posts in 5 mins, you had the answer, what more can we say?

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 09:24

Mate, you keep repeating this. We can't add drivers to a wheel that isn't supported in the Sony SDK. The latest doesn't support your wheel and even if we added drivers they'd be overruled by Sony's SDK so wouldn't work anyway.

I feel bad for you but it's absolutely not within our control.

clanky
30-09-2017, 18:15
Mate, you keep repeating this. We can't add drivers to a wheel that isn't supported in the Sony SDK. The latest doesn't support your wheel and even if we added drivers they'd be overruled by Sony's SDK so wouldn't work anyway.

I feel bad for you but it's absolutely not within our control.

TIL You must have the patience of a saint to be a game MOD/Developer. He literally asked the same question over and over even though the response was crystal clear.

blueorfe
02-10-2017, 12:41
Well this is unfortunate!

I too have the t100 and I'm pretty upset that I can't use it with this game. It would have been nice to have had this information from the devs prior to release. I would not have pre ordered knowing this, now I'm stuck with an unplayable game until I buy a new wheel.

Anyone have the CSL Elite? I'm going to have to get a new wheel, so I might as well get a really good one.

Is the CSL much better than the T300? It will be a choice between those two.

Minimitch
07-10-2017, 17:03
Sorry for the bump, but I assume this means my T80 (yes I know it sucks) isn't supported which is why it appears as a normal controller in the options?

Konan
07-10-2017, 18:17
It is supported though...check the list on the homepage...

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Minimitch
07-10-2017, 19:01
Am I doing something wrong then as in the options it only appears as a controller and not a wheel?

Konan
07-10-2017, 19:09
Do you start the game up with the wheel or the controller?
I think you're supposed to start it up with the wheel in order for the game to recognise it...

Minimitch
07-10-2017, 19:32
I've tried that and I still can't change the controller type to anything other than wireless controller default

Sankyo
07-10-2017, 20:32
I've tried that and I still can't change the controller type to anything other than wireless controller default
I think from an interface point of view this wheel isn't a wheel but a controller in the shape of a wheel?