PDA

View Full Version : A bug list and some suggestions / feedback (PS4 PRO)

porkovich
23-09-2017, 08:08
Hi there. I have played the game for the past 24 hours and have found some things that are broken some things that are missing and some things that are wrong.

Straight to the point - bugs:
1. Shadows pop in and overall resolution is terrible. At least the pop-in can be fixed if the PS4 Pro cannot live with a higher setting.
2. With HDR "ON" all the videos, intro and career mode, are totally washed out. It's like applying gamma 2.2 over the video. The intro is running inconsistent, with tearing, bad frame-pacing. Its a video and i really cannot understand how this can be neglected ?
3. Photo-mode is broken for me. Meny of the sliders do not work actually - filter intensity, frame, and some bring bugs / side-effects on screen - like the "bokeh" slider, where everything above 0 will add a white line to the bottom of the screen. When taking the picture, brightness and exposure are not applied properly to the final image, when viewed from the PS4 Menu, everything is much brighter. A tip here - just use the capture button on the pad and ignore the in-game option - you get what you set.
4. In-car steering wheel is not working in 60hz, so the feeling is you have a choppy virtual wheel which is refreshing with 30hz on a game that is rendering in 60hz (60fps). I have tested my T300RS with Assetto Corsa on PC and there it's butter smooth. It can be the PS4 Driver itself, but if this is the case, titles like PC2 and GT Sport, can force Sony to fix this ...
5. I have experienced some really strange Online problems, where leaving a session and joining a new one, will bring me back to the old one. This happened several times. After leaving the session i am not returned back to the Online menu, but the main, and i need to force search for other sessions.

6. The greatest problem of all for me - the AI - i literally cannot start a race without been back-bumped from the car behind me. The AI is totally ignoring my car and position. If you start a little bit late, they just go directly trough you. This will happen in-race too, where you brake for a corner and the car behind you go full speed on you, no evasive maneuvers no braking. Even with aggression lowered to 30 this is happening at every start.

Now for some suggestions:
1. The Nurmburgring track / asphalt texture is totally wrong. You have taken one texture and tilled it for 20km. I literally see the tilling infront of me. I am aware with texturing 3D models, have been working in the field for years. At least make a more complex texture, or mix of several textures, and tile it with a greater length or mirror it randomly. This is the case with water in many games, but with added geometry for waves there, you cannot see it in First Person Mode. Here i see the tiling all the way down the hill.
2. It's a great idea to give us button mapping for FFB settings. But there is a problem with it. Let's say i map the TONE FFB setting. So i have it to 35 in-game, in menu, and on the track i increase it. The steps are +/- 5, but after some time i really does not know what i have done, is it UP now, or Down ? It is not reflected in menu. Add an indicator, a pop-in text that is telling me that the TONE FFB is 40 now. You have it with Traction Control ON / OFF, so ... This is for all mappable FFB settings
3. When in the Online interface / lobby you have found your game and you go in. After some time you are not happy with the choice made and you want to leave. The game is not bringing me back to the Online Selection menu, it returns me to the main menu. I once more select Online. Now the game does not refresh the list on it's own, i need to Push SQUARE so i get the list. Suggestion - after leaving a race / session, return the player to the Online menu and refresh the list automatically.
4. There is something fishy with the Livery selector for the cars. If you chose a car and than you see that you want to change the look of it, you go back to car selection, you press to change liveries and than you need to select the car again, otherwise the new look is not applied to the already selected car. Make a button to say APPLY, so you don need to go back and forth several times before you actually applies the thing.
5. Random weather - this is something great to have as an option - just go and be surprised. But there are strange combinations - like snow in some strange places. I cannot be sure that there is not snowing on the Azure Coast, but in the logic of a racing game, snow on palm trees is strange. I am not a great fan of the snow idea, and will not play an icy Brand Hatch, but i think i have a point here :)

I am enjoying the game. Have tried to play the first Project Cars but with lickings as Assetto Corsa the driving experience was not there. Now with Project Cars 2 things are much better and the game can be a great joy to play. The game sure needs more polish. I won't be like many, pissed off and yelling for a unfinished product, but the AI situation is strange indeed. I think that in a short time, if the DEVS manage to address the most problematic elements of the experience, the game will not lose it's momentum.

I will update the list with feedback to problems i find and am hopping the devs will consider fixing them.

AgentTech
23-09-2017, 15:44
I canít get the racing line when play online PS4 needs patched and braking sound too high pitched

nasanu
23-09-2017, 15:54
Using a T500rs on informative setting the ffb can be fine at first then seemingly at random the wheel will become stiff and start to shake on the straights. I have to close and reopen the game to get the ffb back to normal.

porkovich
23-09-2017, 16:40
Additional bugs:
1. The problem that "AgentTech" reported is present in every mode. In time trial, or just normal races the racing line is inconsistent. It is somewhat like the braking line in PC1 but it does not work that way. It will be good to have a fully working race line, so we can learn tracks we don't know.
2. The turn indicator experience strange problems too. It does skip many corners, display only one in 2/3 or tells you about the second coming and irritates you.

Additional suggestion:
The camera shake can be great to give you a more immersive experience for speed and all, but the way you can nly ON / OFF it is quite limitating. The shake is too violent at the moment and does make th feeling that the track is much more uneven despite the force-feedback does not indicate any additional bumps. I think that a good option will be to have it with a slider, or to have several options like 0 - 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 (where 0 is off) It will make sense for people that play with controller and none for those with wheels.

FlyinJake
23-09-2017, 16:40
The game seems to have a problem with recognizing my Thrustmaster T500RS. When the game starts and you see the screen says START ENGINE you cannot start the game with the wheel everytime. I have the wheel USB cable inserted directly into my PS4. Restarting the game or even do a total power off/power on of the PS4 doesnt help. It is very random when the wheel is suddenly recognized.

Update: I have a USB hub connected to have my pedals, shifter, headset etc connected. I unplugged it and powered off my PS4 and then powered on again. First time I started the game the wheel is suddenly recognized. The wheel is the only thing connected when starting the game.

luv2drive
23-09-2017, 17:19
Hi there. I have played the game for the past 24 hours and have found some things that are broken some things that are missing and some things that are wrong.

6. The greatest problem of all for me - the AI - i literally cannot start a race without been back-bumped from the car behind me. The AI is totally ignoring my car and position. If you start a little bit late, they just go directly trough you. This will happen in-race too, where you brake for a corner and the car behind you go full speed on you, no evasive maneuvers no braking. Even with aggression lowered to 30 this is happening at every start.

Agree with the "back-bumping" issue. Very annoying to slow down and go into a corner and have the AI hit your bumper and cause you to spin-out. I have "agressevity" set to the default in the middle.

Olijke Poffer
23-09-2017, 17:25
The AI is totally messed up with PC2. I thought they would evolve the AI but it is more a big step backwards..

subnet
23-09-2017, 17:49
Current issues: Using PS4 Pro

1. When playing practice session, if i restart session, sometimes the engine audio will not be output for the car I am in. Only the "whine of the turbo is audible. The vehicle I was using when this happened is the BMW Z4 GT3. The race setup was on Monza, with 15 positions, current date, 1600hrs, 10min qualify, no practice, same class. If I restart session 2 more timessuccesively, the audio for engine can be heard once again.

2. AI seems to definitely have a problem. Very rude. AI setting set to 75, and agression 60. It seems they dont find an alternate line, they just hit you. On Monza, every start, more than half the cars crash at the first turn. its almost funny until you realize its not a random.

3. When going into pit to make adjustemnts, same settings as what i posted above, but using the Nissan GTR GT3, if i change the rear downforce from 4 to 5 and then back to 4 and repeat, the values for the all tire pressures changed to a lower value. If i load my saved car settings, the value did not default back. Restarting the session did not help. I did not know what the original tire pressure was so i dont know what value to change it back to.

4. I have my visual settings for crashes to be viusal only. If i crash and the vehicle is banged up, when i restart the session, the vehicle stays "banged up". this has happened using the private test option.

5. The Nissan GTR GT3 needs a visual tune on the hood view(not bumper view, its called something else, cant remember) when in this view, theres a shape that looks flat. as if theres a profanity thats being sensored. it doesnt look textured or part of the vehicle. It looks just flat, no lighting to show rounded edges of the air dam. there's unfocused edges, blurred jaggies. Is as if this view on this particular car has been forgotten to be rendered. I've used the porsche GT3, ferrari italia gt3 and bmw z4 and all look fine in this hood view, however, the Nissan GTR GT3 hood view seems unfinished.

sunshine
23-09-2017, 18:18
I agree everything already mentioned.
Plus:
- the car engine sound vanish and come back.
- Some times I barely can hear the engineer.
- 90% of the time there isn't the pit crew, just a car that lift up.

Dirtryder
23-09-2017, 21:21
Here's a few more

In-car management does not remember abs settings
Lap timer window intermittently disappears
Damage does not repair after prac/qually to race start.
Driving line only work sometimes, at other times not at all.
Steering wheel does not move on in car view.