PDA

View Full Version : Crash to desktop

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 08:47
Hallo,

Installed the game yesterday but i'm experiencing lots of crashes to desktop. No error or warning, just back to desktop.

My hardware:
Intel i7 7700K
16GB ram
Nvidia GTX1080
Oculus Rift CV1
Heusinkveld Pro pedals
Accuforce wheel
Windows 10, fully updated

I've updated the Nvidia drivers. Closed all other software and tried running in non-VR. Problem stays. It mostly happens when in a session, after you return to the pits and hit drive. Tested this in career and time trial with a couple of different cars. I've let Steam check game integrity and that seem to help a bit initially but after some time it crashed to desktop again.

Recorded a video to show you what happens: (cant post links yet so just copy/paste this behind the YouTube url.

watch?v=jjh8jakCBb4

BMfan
23-09-2017, 09:35
I had the same problem,when i stopped MSI afterburner and Rivatuner it stopped crashing.
I couldn't even start PC1 with them running either.

Not sure if you are having the same problem.

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 10:16
No VGa tuning software running. Did have my CPU overclocked but even on default settings it still crashes.

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 10:45
Were you a part of WMD, and if so did you delete the old files before installing the game on release??

I just see in your DLC section in steam for PCARS 2 you have listed....
"Phoenix - WMD Installed".

I dont have that since I cleared out the pre-release files and re-downloaded the release version. Mine only says.....
"Project CARS 2 - Season Pass Installed"
"Project CARS 2 - Season Pass Bonus Installed"

Also the video had sound effects in the menu, but no sounds in the gameplay. Is that what its like for you or is that just something weird in the recording??

What is in the Windows Event Viewer at the time of the crash?? particularly the Application and System logs?

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 11:18
No part of the WMD, don't even know what it is. But it's a clean install.

Sound effects is a bug when recording. Have sound normally.

Nothing that stands out in the event viewer. Going to try and do a clean install.

Mad Al
23-09-2017, 11:20
Usual question, what anti virus are you running and have you set an exception for PC2

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 11:22
I run Kaspersky but with it disabled i still get crashes.

Mad Al
23-09-2017, 11:25
I run Kaspersky but with it disabled i still get crashes.

add an exception, disabling AV doesn't always do the job (if possible folder exception and exclude the Project CARS 2 folder in steam\steamapps\common)

(it might not help, but it just excludes one more potential issue)

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 12:08
Tried some more things, none worked.

- Reinstalled game
- Disabled Phoenix WMD DLC
- Added exception in Kaspersky

It doesn't only happen now when i hit drive but also when i try to load a custom set-up.

The game does generate a .dmp file but i can't open that. Is there a tool that allows me to read the report? Maybe that can point me in the right direction.

CP2
26-09-2017, 05:34
I have the same problem with random crashes. The game crashes nearly every time I run it. I cannot complete a race or practice session at all because it will crash after a lap, or more if I'm lucky. My setup is vastly different from above- AMD Ryzen5 1600X, 16GB RAM, Asus STRIX GTX970 with Oculus Rift CV1.

I've tested to see if it had anything to do with my clock speeds or temperatures - I run an OC at 4.0GHz which is stable in any other app including benchmark/stress apps for hours at a time. My CPU doesn't go above 65C during these stress tests, and in PCARS2 my CPU doesn't exceed 57C. The GPU also runs cool - I've tried both OC through Asus GPU TweakII and on stock speeds - both with and without GPUtweak running. I've also attempted moving PCars2 to another HDD, this has had no effect either.

I will note that I did not have these issues upon initial release - the first crashes appeared after the 1.1.2.0 update. I've submitted more Bugsplats than I can count...

SVK_Duchi
22-10-2017, 15:25
List your system specifications: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz, 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3, 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series, 167GB INTEL SSDSC2CT180A4 (SSD)
List your running software, anti-virus, overlays, game trackers, etc..: Crewchief, avast premiere, logitech profiler,

Problem ass overal post here the game sttill crashes to desktop after the patch before it i didnt happened at all. Sended alomst 20 crashreporst. Worst think is that i still loose rating becouse of this. From E1551 to F1400 or somethink. Any help would be apriciated guys. Keep uop the good work and lest get rid of those bugs together......

ELAhrairah
22-10-2017, 15:44
Game keep crashing when driving into pitstop. Same here

BedWarrior
03-12-2017, 18:19
Hey guys,
I also had a problem like you described in this thread, the game randomly crashed in the middle of races.
Iīve tried a lot to solve the problem, at first i thought itīs because of too high CPU temperatures, then i tried it by reinstalling the game, but that didnīt help neither.

So i kept testing and finaly I found out that the game doesnīt crash if Iīm starting it in administrator-mode.

I hope this post helped you!

Greetings BedWarrior

My system spectifcations: CPU: Ryzen 5 1500X(stock cooler) ;GPU: KFA GTX 1060 OC 6GB ;MB: Asus Prime B350 Plus ;RAM 16GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 ;PS: BeQuiet Pure Power 10 400W ;SSD: Adata SU800; HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000M06