PDA

View Full Version : G920 Wheel jerking issue.

MXR SMILER
23-09-2017, 09:04
I am experiencing an almost violent wobble or jerking of the wheel when driving in a straight line, under braking and at a standstill. I have reduced this effect by reducing the FX setting to zero and lowering strength to 70 but am not able to eliminate it. A number of my friends are also being affected by this (same wheel) and I am aware of some other mentions in this forum.

Is this a bug? If so, are the Devs aware of this issue? What is the timescale of implementation of a fix?

I am eager to get racing but I can't go on a track with other people with my wheel trying to shake itself to bits! It is uncomfortable and unrealistic and is stopping me, and my friends from playing the game at all.

If I ignore the ridiculous wobble the physics feel good and I am looking forward to getting back in to that Gt3 Ferrari and ripping up the Tarmac again😊

mattghosts
23-09-2017, 09:38
I am experiencing an almost violent wobble or jerking of the wheel when driving in a straight line, under braking and at a standstill. I have reduced this effect by reducing the FX setting to zero and lowering strength to 70 but am not able to eliminate it. A number of my friends are also being affected by this (same wheel) and I am aware of some other mentions in this forum.

Is this a bug? If so, are the Devs aware of this issue? What is the timescale of implementation of a fix?

I am eager to get racing but I can't go on a track with other people with my wheel trying to shake itself to bits! It is uncomfortable and unrealistic and is stopping me, and my friends from playing the game at all.

If I ignore the ridiculous wobble the physics feel good and I am looking forward to getting back in to that Gt3 Ferrari and ripping up the Tarmac again😊

After a few hours of fiddling I've gotten rid of most of the wobble! I'm at:
Configuration menu
Steering sensitivity - 45
Damper Saturation - 25
FFB menu
Informative

For me there is enough weight in the wheel without oscillating on the straights :)

MXR SMILER
23-09-2017, 13:50
I appreciate your reply and settings. The wobble is still there. I asked a specific question - Is this a known 'Bug' and do the Developers know about it? When will it be fixed is probably a pointless question as anyone who was on these forums for PC1 knows the answer.... Patch when ready will be sent to Microsucks for approval which takes around 2 weeks. Anyone from SMS/WMD please feel free to correct me......

Kennytomson
23-09-2017, 15:02
Same issue, g290/xbox1 user have wobble left/right even at stand still. Willing to provide more info/video if needed to help developers fix issue. Trying clean install, will let know if problem fixed.

aleph99
23-09-2017, 15:13
This is a widespread issue affecting both G920 and TMX wheels and apparently cannot be fixed just by tweaking settings. See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51460-FFB-problems-all-over-again!) and here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51390-Wheel-setting-problems-again). There are also Youtube videos showing this issue. We are all waiting for a fix or at least for an official statement from SMS.

Pitseleh
23-09-2017, 15:23
This is a widespread issue affecting both G920 and TMX wheels and apparently cannot be fixed just by tweaking settings. See here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51460-FFB-problems-all-over-again!) and here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51390-Wheel-setting-problems-again). There are also Youtube videos showing this issue. We are all waiting for a fix or at least for an official statement from SMS.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that SMS didn't even do the testing themselves for console platforms...
Outsourcing... ?

For a game that was supposed to be THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE OF ALL TIME, that would be unlucky

MXR SMILER
23-09-2017, 16:28
On another thread a super moderator has said that it is being looked at and please be patient. Good enough for me thanks.😊

Thread was 'FFB problems all over again' FYI

aleph99
23-09-2017, 16:52
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that SMS didn't even do the testing themselves for console platforms...
Outsourcing... ?

For a game that was supposed to be THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE OF ALL TIME, that would be unlucky

Exactly that. A moderador informed that SMS never got to test the console version themselves. It was outsourced to "Professional QA Testers". I wonder what they tested with, as apparently even Xbox controller users are facing similar issues (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51707-Can-t-get-the-car-to-stay-straight-(controller)).

lnepaul
24-09-2017, 04:20
My G29 has same issue of wobbling.

LukeC
24-09-2017, 05:49
Exactly that. A moderador informed that SMS never got to test the console version themselves. It was outsourced to "Professional QA Testers". I wonder what they tested with, as apparently even Xbox controller users are facing similar issues (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51707-Can-t-get-the-car-to-stay-straight-(controller)).

These QA testers weren't very professional, were they? It's a real shame that people waiting for a game for months, or years even, can't simply put the disc in and enjoy it out of the box anymore.

chieflongshin
24-09-2017, 07:30
I posted about the same thing in general chat and Jussi has responded that the underlying issue has now been located. Hopefully fixed soon.

Elmo
24-09-2017, 12:46
There will be a fix soon. Until then you can mitigate the issue a bit by switching the FFB Flavor from "Immersive" to "Informative" in the game options.

MXR SMILER
24-09-2017, 13:09
There is no setting that removes this wobble - most effective solution I found was to turn FX to 0. Choosing a different flavour does zilch.

micko39
25-09-2017, 17:59
After a few hours of fiddling I've gotten rid of most of the wobble! I'm at:
Configuration menu
Steering sensitivity - 45
Damper Saturation - 25
FFB menu
Informative

For me there is enough weight in the wheel without oscillating on the straights :)

That's brilliant mate it minimizes the straight-line wobble and as you say has enough weight for me too :)

Paulmilly
25-09-2017, 19:59
Same here, it's so violent on the karts it's unplayable