PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable with controller -.-

Birkhoff92
23-09-2017, 09:30
I am in Formula Renault 3.5 seasons , and it's impossible to complete a clean lap .... car wheel is horrible .... with controller is unplayable ...

Anchorman
23-09-2017, 10:56
I am in Formula Renault 3.5 seasons , and it's impossible to complete a clean lap .... car wheel is horrible .... with controller is unplayable ...

Had same with controller then did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=578VLQXPnAs

Now playable

NeonFlux
23-09-2017, 11:17
Whilst I prefered the pcars 1 controller model it certainly hasnt been unplayable for me and realise it will just take a bit of time to get used too.

In addition to the settings provided in the you tube link above, it might help to turn the steering ratio up in the set up menus for the cars that you are having ssues with.

JumperM0nkey
24-09-2017, 18:34
I have been having some trouble with the steering too (it felt too twitch in the Ginetta GT3/4 cars in the invitational stuff) but after tweaking some stuff and using the race engineer (thank god for him) to try and solve my issues it has been quite a bit better than when I first played.

That said... it does seem like cars seem to spin too easily. Perhaps its me being a bit too eager on the throttle but it seems to happen even when I ease on to it, ah well part of the learning curve.

Will try the settings in that video too and see if it helps.

Sarcross
24-09-2017, 21:58
A few tweaks to deadzones and sensitivities will solve your problems. I started off the same - FR3.5 with a gamepad and couldn't string together a complete lap. Next I tried turning on stability control but it was too invasive for my tastes. Then I tweaked the controller settings and everything fell into place. While I can't remember the specific values I recall turning down the steering/throttle/braking sensitivities and setting all the deadzones to zero. In addition I increased controller vibration.