PDA

View Full Version : [Known Issue] Can't save more than one tuning setup settings slot, PS4

Great_ET
23-09-2017, 09:33
Is anyone else having this issue? I managed to save one tuning setup settings slot but whenever I try to configure a new one, I change the name and save it in a new slot but nothing happens. Currently I'm overwriting the one slot I managed to create...

treet246
24-09-2017, 20:46
i'm having the same issue on the PS4

Dev Nibor
24-09-2017, 21:49
yup same issue here on PS4

Martini Da Gasalini
24-09-2017, 22:32
Yep

subnet
25-09-2017, 01:41
Yep PS4 Pro

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 01:42
You should be able to yes.

FramedOne
25-09-2017, 13:48
This happens if you have have already one custom setup for the track.
Whatever name/description you type into the create new setup dialog it gets reverted to the 1st setup name. After this it says it cannot save the setup as there is one already with the same name.

SaskRacer
25-09-2017, 23:54
Yeah, the set up section has a lot of bugs in my experience so far. The ability to only save one set up is among them. I've even found that it won't save the new name I give the one setup, it always goes back to the original name. I've also found that sometimes if I go into Set Up I can adjust the final gear ratio and other times I can't. I accidentally moved the gear ratio the wrong way and now I can't put it back to where it was... This is with the same car at the same track during the same session! I also find that often, if I go in and make a small adjustment and "save" it in the middle of a practice, when I go back on track, the set up change has reverted back. I have tried half a dozen times to change the spring rates on the AMG GT3 at Laguna and every time, they go back to how they were before and I never get to try a different spring rate. I've been trying to customize my HUD and it too, will not save and goes back to default every time...

Disparius-Vulgo
26-09-2017, 11:45
Had something figured out but it didn't work either

treet246
27-09-2017, 02:49
Yeah, the set up section has a lot of bugs in my experience so far. The ability to only save one set up is among them. I've even found that it won't save the new name I give the one setup, it always goes back to the original name. I've also found that sometimes if I go into Set Up I can adjust the final gear ratio and other times I can't. I accidentally moved the gear ratio the wrong way and now I can't put it back to where it was... This is with the same car at the same track during the same session! I also find that often, if I go in and make a small adjustment and "save" it in the middle of a practice, when I go back on track, the set up change has reverted back. I have tried half a dozen times to change the spring rates on the AMG GT3 at Laguna and every time, they go back to how they were before and I never get to try a different spring rate. I've been trying to customize my HUD and it too, will not save and goes back to default every time...

I have the HUD issue as well, a workaround for now is to set it in the Race Settings, it changes there

V_sNaiLoRd_12
27-09-2017, 14:41
same problem
i have noted that as soon as i get to the tuning segment it will automatically take over settings from cars i have driven before on the same track,the last car i've driven on any track, or the starter car the 720 with settings that should not be possible making the car undrivable
the problem persists even after restarting the session + loosing the pole occurs after reentering the race or restarting the game.

zzz_pt
27-09-2017, 23:21
Same here (standard PS4).

Not only are we unable to save more than 1 setup for a car, sometimes the setup is applied to another car we're going to drive next.

This happened to me today at the Track Day event (Career) with the Porsche 918 Spyder at California:

Went to the setup menu and without doing anything, I got a yellow icon on the bottom right side saying something like I was getting a setup from someone online (shared setup I guess?). I didn't select any "yes" or "no" option. It just happened.

I raced and won. Then I went back to my career with the Cayman GT4 for the last race of the season at COTA. The had the 918 setup... was impossible to drive as before. Had to exit the race and come back because restart session wouldn't fix it.

It was the 3rd time a random setup applied to the car I'm driving, one of them was from a Dallara (a car I never drove let alone made a setup for it).

The more I play the game, the more problems I find... It feels like its falling apart. And I've been playing several hours everyday since release day (doing a photoshoot per day as well).

V_sNaiLoRd_12
28-09-2017, 10:49
some completely random car settings from cars i havent driven before appeared for me as well the Dallara was one of them for me too

davidt33
30-09-2017, 20:55
Same problems I'm having with editing/saving setups. I posted this in another forum but posting it here too in case the devs don't see it there. I'm hoping to get some clarity on how to proceed or whether it's just a current bug waiting to be patched. This is what I said trying to be as clear as possible:

PS4: I'm trying to give Career Mode a go again but really having a difficult time in-game before a race in "Edit Tune" to get whatever adjustments (tyres, fuel etc) to save as a setup for car and its associated track.
Example: Career category: Formula Rookie Asian Championship
I previously raced with a Formula Rookie in the Zhuhai International Circuit. Prior to the race in TUNING SETUP (menu): EDIT SETUP, I made whatever tuning adjustments and Saved setup to new slot as advised. The setup came up saying (SETUP NAME: Formula Renault.... SETUP DESCRIPTION: Zhuhai International Circuit).

Now trying to save car Formula Rookie for this particular track (Ruapuna Park Club). I click on TUNING SETUP: EDIT SETUP and proceed to save to a new slot (Create New Setup) so as not to overwrite the setup for the previous track. The thing is upon selecting a new slot in which to save to the pop-up window that opens in which to enter the save says "Enter Tuning Setup Name" and has no associated track name for this current track (Ruapuna). It just says "Formula Renault".

I click on "DONE"..."CONTINUE" expecting to save car with associated new track but the next pop-up screen says "Name is already in use in another slot" and now there's no clue as to how to save a tune for one particular car for an associated track that differs from a previous. Lord put a hand because I have no idea how to proceed and this is a crucial part of tuning for car per track. I just cannot save a particular car for a particular track.
Again, this was something very easy to do in Pcars1. Why is it so difficult to do now?
Previously in Pcars1 what I would have done is go to My Garage....Choose car...tune accordingly....save tune....and simply choose All Tracks or Select whichever individual track/s. This is no longer possible to do since there is no longer My Garage or whatever as Pcars1 to choose All or Selective tracks. Other related issues I'm not even mentioning because space doesn't permit.

Very frustrated. I have now exited out of Career until there is some clarity in how to proceed to get this done.

@IanBell (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/181940/) and/or @The_American (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/285647/) could you please shed some light?

magburner
02-10-2017, 04:13
You can save more than one setup, but as with everything in this game, it is not user friendly. Basically, choose to save as a new setup, when you are presented with the next screen, look to the right and select create new, you should then be able to do this. I did this to cheese the three setups trophy.

danowat
02-10-2017, 11:50
I am also having the same problems, I also get the issue where the game says that a setup already exists with that name, when I know full well that it doesn't.

I also see there is a char limited on the setup name?, as it truncates most of the default car names down.