PDA

View Full Version : Sim Tools and Wind mod

Nosher
23-09-2017, 09:45
Anyone looking to do (or already done) this.

Using an ardino and seaflo fans, it can be set up...

Thanks
Phil.

Phaze11111
26-09-2017, 14:00
Anyone looking to do (or already done) this.

Using an ardino and seaflo fans, it can be set up...

Thanks
Phil.

I'm trying to get my wind sim setup working with Project Cars 2. I've downloaded and installed the professional version of SimTools V2.1, Gamedash V.2.0 and the Project Cars 2 Plugin V. 2.0.3.3. I've also got my Simcube OSW wheel to work and I have motion with my stage 3 Simxperience rig. Shared memory has been enabled in PCars2. But when I launch PCars 2 after starting and Game Manager, Game Engine and Dash and select Pcars2 it does not work. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I am able to get PCars, Asseto Corsa and No Limits 2 Coaster to work fine with the SimTools V2.1, Gamedash 2.0 with all the V2 plugins.

Thanks for any assistance.

Phaze11111
27-09-2017, 21:38
I did some further testing and Game Dash is always showing a speed values when I run PCars2 with the Plugin V 2.0.3.3. Interesting today when I ran the game the wind sim worked two times without me having changed anything in the SimTools or Game Dash software. However when I restarted my PC, over 7 – 8 times in all , most of the time the wind sim did not work but Game Dash did show a speed values. Any idea what the problem could be? I haven’t been able to determine how to get the wind sim to work consistently. Thanks again for any help or ideas.

jonston
29-09-2017, 05:07
Ive got it running on my setup. works perfectly. better then it did in Project cars 1.

Phaze11111
29-09-2017, 13:43
Thanks for your reply Jonston. I ran PCars2 last night after the latest patch and my wind sim is suddenly working....at least yesterday. I'll continue to run it in the next few days and will report back if it's NOT working again.

Below are pictures of my Sim Tools settings. Can you please take a look at let me know how they're comparing to yours and comment on any differences. My Arduino is running on COM Port 3. It may help me and anyone else trying to set up their Wind Sim in Project Cars2 Thanks!

jonston
02-10-2017, 04:40
Yep, everything looks perfect. i take it its still working?

Phaze11111
04-10-2017, 00:36
Thanks Jonston. Late last week, Thursday evening, I installed the latest PCars 2 patch. The three times I’ve run the game since that PCars 2 patch, my wind sim has worked fine in the game. I hadn’t changed any of my settings from what I posted above. At this point I‘ll assume the problem getting my wind sim to work has been resolved. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help.