PDA

View Full Version : Rating System

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

FORTKNOXFIVE
23-09-2017, 09:47
Can someone explain to me how the rating system works? The only thing I know is that "U" means Unrated? What do the other letters and numbers mean?
For example i have F1527

CodeCmdr
23-09-2017, 10:16
There is some information here: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html

The letter at the beginning states your "safety rank", and the number states your "skill rank". People who drive clean should end up getting a good safety rank, even if they are really slow and lose every race. People who win lots of races against other skilled players should get a high skill rank, even if they drive like antisocial idiots.

Riverside
23-09-2017, 19:45
Posted somewhere else and thought better to open a thread for others to add on, and for SMS to look into it; it's about what I consider not ready for real use rating system

Rather urgent to be addressed, I think, because the more time it goes, the more unfair will be for early adopters of the game punished by inconsistencies in the system

I understand the issue of it being difficult to track "who hits who", but for once, it you can't create a good system just don't do it, second, consider counting incidents in the ranking, a__holes tend to crash more often than their victims... ;p

1. Last night a troll ramed my car at the start, it is monza, you have to break before t1 cuz there is always a pile up... I was sent against the wall flying, car unusable after that, had to DNF, lost 35 pts before even getting to turn 1...
2. I immediately come to fight back; completed 5 races with zero events, finished 11 in 20, won one (first online win ever) and 3rd in another one
My reward for the hard and clean work? I went up 2 points... (It did not give me points for the win! (??)

Any thoughts?

fuschs
23-09-2017, 20:13
Without any footage it looks more like unuseful complaint.

whip
23-09-2017, 20:52
ive done 1 race, came second and went up 8 points, i have no point of reference to compare it too

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 20:55
If those that keep ramming, keep ramming, they will continue to go down while yours keeps moving up. Eventually, they will not be in your races. This system will take some time to work itself out (similar to iRacing) so you have to be patient.

CodeCmdr
23-09-2017, 21:40
@Riverside, did you play in ranked races? From what I understand, your skill and safety rank only gets affected when you play in games that have a minimum rank setting, e.g. U100; if there's no minimum, then you won't get any points at all, even if you race 1000 laps cleanly and win.

Stache
23-09-2017, 21:49
well that's great to know ,where did you find that in the guide??

gp20
24-09-2017, 06:24
I don't know how it works but i hope that it does not work as in IRacing.

My opinion :
_ when someone bumps into your back, you should have damaged points but should not be penalized, the guy who bumps you should of course.
You must keep the control of your vehicule and of course avoid to bump other cars.
Because you can't avoid someone who bumps your back, you should not be penalized.

This is how driver license rules work here.

My 2 cents.

(Of course in Iracing whatever happens, everybody is penalized)

cpcdem
24-09-2017, 07:10
After seeing it working in practice, I can say that it works nicely so far. Yes, it penalizes both people involved in a crash or hit, but over time it rewards the clean player, because he gets much less penalties by the less clean ones.
I have now reached level D (after U, F and E), even though I have been bumped several times (and I also have made my own share of mistakes as well). The big test will be when people start creating lobbies with minimum F or E etc rating requirements in the next days, I think this will indeed result to very clean races. Hope it proves to be like that at least.

thepharcyde
24-09-2017, 07:27
Can someone walk me through how the rating system works as I agree ^^ that kinda sucks; I experienced this during quali with 30 cars in Brands Indy whereby it's invariable the caliber of driving is somewhat to be desired did include rear end love tabs, shunts etc, even people sat on the grid in undesired spots for what reason remains unknown, either trolling or simply stupid

Lplate
24-09-2017, 07:59
Today I had two really clean races. One especially was very clean. This was a very rare thing in PC1 at two days after release. So I would say its making a difference already as people are taking more care knowing it effects the rating.

Siberian Tiger
24-09-2017, 08:11
The System Needs some Weeks to sort the "Bad Guys" from the "Good Guys".

Give it some time :)

Richykins
24-09-2017, 10:55
From what I've seen, on the whole people seem significantly less banzai on the first lap now. I did get taken out in the wet, but it was a huge pile up in tricky conditions.

I've only done a handful a races online and my rating wasn't great, but I beat someone significantly higher ranked than me, and I've leapt up suddenly.

I'm impressed.

gp20
24-09-2017, 11:14
It seems that if you leave a race you lost a lot of points.
I had an online race with LMP1 in Le Mans. The race went with blizzard conditions at night which i didn't expect.
I had a small bump on my back at the start which left me with a wheel turned 6 degrees to the left.

It was so unpleasant at night whith blizzard an LMP1 on Le Mans, just imagine, you can't drive, it's so fast and you see nothing and with a damaged direction...
I left the race and lost immediatly 26 points.

By the way the blizzard is well made.

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 11:19
Threads merged.

nono782
24-09-2017, 11:37
The big penalties go to the ones who leave the race.
These guys don’t disturb the other players but get unranked more than the stupid crashers.
Imagine : the host turns damage on, your car gets crashed at the start or during the race, you must wait for the end of the session !

Riverside
24-09-2017, 18:41
@Riverside, did you play in ranked races? From what I understand, your skill and safety rank only gets affected when you play in games that have a minimum rank setting, e.g. U100; if there's no minimum, then you won't get any points at all, even if you race 1000 laps cleanly and win.

Very helpful @CodeCmdr, thanks, I understand then I should stay away from servers with ranking Off, but still anyone can get in and ram people if their ranking is not too low

@Mahjik, I also understand your view, and it is true down the road, problem is that the current balance between reward and punishment discourages good drivers to stay on and race, at least until dumb people don't go low enough

For now I am just only racing in pwded clubs, which is an option but limits time with a decent set of competitors...

Thanks for providing useful comments

Stache
24-09-2017, 20:07
so today i was hit by a guy that i had just past on the imola straight on the 1 st lap and hit the wall (black flag), if i understand this right; i will get penalized because i left the race after that (car wrecked) ,it doesn't seem particulary fair to me ....there are still way to many MM's (mclaren Morons) around that can go fast on the straight but never heard of braking before a corner (or use the opponents for it).

I think the system should (massivly) penalize the guy who bumbs into someone .just like in real traffic ,why should i get a get a penalty if i try to brake for a corner and the guy behind me doesn't??!!!!!.

just my 0,02$

honespc
24-09-2017, 20:24
If those that keep ramming, keep ramming, they will continue to go down while yours keeps moving up. Eventually, they will not be in your races. This system will take some time to work itself out (similar to iRacing) so you have to be patient.The one rammed also gets bad rep. What about if you get rammed, and rammed and rammed and again and again too?

I just can't get to understand why the system was designed to punish the car that is in the front too and gets hit . Punishing the one who gets rammed from behind makes for the most idiotic decision made I have ever seen. It's just beyond retarded. The car behind is always the one who needs to be extremely cautious when overtaking, hence the one holding almost 99% of responsibility when something goes wrong during the fight. The usual blahblah about "what if the car in front brakes on purpose and blahblah" is bullshit, as that happens not even by far as often as the act of ramming the opponent in the lead on purpose.

There's lots of folks already getting bad rep through getting rammed, only. It's just so stupid.

Make the car behind ALWAYS responsible for any disaster that might happen, as it should have been from the beginning, and you'll see how rammers actually think about it twice, because right now, I haven't noticed any improvement at all on clean racing on many. It's just like always, because they know you will also get bad rep too. Jeez some decisions...

ironik
24-09-2017, 20:31
To be fair I've had many good races in ranked lobbies.
Sometimes you get some rookies or trolls but that will settle quickly.

Regarding the rear bump penalty, it's impossible to know for sure who is at fault. If someone brakes test you, you'll have a big penalty whereas it's not your fault.
So it's 50/50.

Regarding the penalty when leaving the race, it's necessary. What if people starts to quit when they know they will take a hit in their rating.

Let's say you're ranked 1500 and you enter a lobby full of 1600'
Eventually you manage to take the lead and you are 10s in front of everybody.
Now imagine everyone leave the race. You win but you're alone. You gain 0 and they lose 0.

Edit : actually, maybe you get the points, I don't remember. It would make sense.

Edit2: I've just seen the previous (quite insulting) comment :
You take the inside line but you're not ahead yet. The other guy close the door just in front of you: you take the hit and the penalty.

I had this happening to me: the guy in front doesn't know the track and brakes much early than you. Who is responsible, you? Come on... Even iRacing is using this system. There are reasons for that.

Glasnost
24-09-2017, 22:13
I made the mistake of leaving races.
4 races in a row I was either taken out by someone using me as their brake pedal or involved in a crash where two cars in front had crashed/spun/gone off track and re entered right in front of me leaving no time to re-act.
I went from E1580 to F1380. After four good races and a whole bunch half decent races including a win in a lobby of 19 and three poduims. Im back to E1408.
Gaining points is soo slow.
Despite the rankings system.. so many people still cash you or have no spacial awarness or think they can out brake you up the inside on every corner...

hopefully the system will start shaking the chaff from the hay soon.

Steno
24-09-2017, 22:28
me too, the first 4 or more races I ragequit because of trolls and lost 60 points, only by then I saw that ranking points went under 1400 :rolleyes:

nono782
25-09-2017, 07:34
It’s a bit confusing.
The letter is fairness and the number is performance. OK ?

But in this case, why do you lose points when you quit a race ? (only the letter should be considered)
Why do you lose points when you cross the pit lane too soon, same.

The way it works now, only the letter should be used to prevent someone from entering a lobby.
But you did the opposite.

ironik
25-09-2017, 09:56
It’s a bit confusing.
The letter is fairness and the number is performance. OK ?

But in this case, why do you lose points when you quit a race ? (only the letter should be considered)
Why do you lose points when you cross the pit lane too soon, same.

The way it works now, only the letter should be used to prevent someone from entering a lobby.
But you did the opposite.

You're wrong, please read my answer three posts above.

Dev Nibor
25-09-2017, 10:21
Does one get penalized when leaving a session during practice or qualification?

ryand111
25-09-2017, 11:45
Is anyone else struggling to get their safety rating up? I find that I'll get up to F and then the next race I'll get punted and it gets counted towards my rating.

takaii
25-09-2017, 11:54
Made a thread about this but ill say it here as well

One thing that annoy me is if a Lobby has a limit off E1000.
It seems that U ranked and F ranked drivers can still join an E ranked and higher safety class if they are friends with anyone in race...

Being friends doesnt mean safe driving... Having High safety rating is there for a reason to stop anyone from lower safety rank
to attend for a race. To Join E1000 They should be minimum rank E! Its something that is earned from safe driving!

If friends with low ranks can join ranks out off their leauge its a safety risk for anybody else.

Im so annoyed at it i hoped ranking system would stop anyone with lower rank to join but doesnt seem like it.

I really hope this gets removed so ONLY minimum same rank can join as the limit.

Kebabfelix
25-09-2017, 13:29
PC crashed 3 times, lost about 150 points damnit lol.

surtic86
25-09-2017, 13:44
PC crashed 3 times, lost about 150 points damnit lol.

I had the same Issue Yesterday when i mad 2 Qualification one at 3 Place and another at 8 from 27 Players. Then the Session Changed to Race and my Game was crashing :/ hope it will not happen anymore often. There should be a Matching if you send a Crash Report that you don't loose Points ;)

creepyd
25-09-2017, 16:07
Seems like do well, gain 8 points maybe.
Race for 30 secs, don't touch a single other car, host leaves, lose 38 points from race canceled :rolleyes:
Don't worry about ranks, with this in place it's gonna have to be reset.

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 17:32
I just can't get to understand why the system was designed to punish the car that is in the front too and gets hit .

If not, you'll just get grief'ers who will get in front and then slam on the brakes.

ToxicMain
25-09-2017, 18:19
So, I have been playing multiplayer and at the start things were going well. I was moving up, people were racing clean etc... The last 5 or so games I have joined were utterly terrible. I manage to qualify in the top 3, race starts and into turn one I get punted from behind, race over, warning from director for unsafe driving!!! WHAT? I exit the game due to not being able to drive my car in a straight line and what do I notice, my license level dropped. Another race I was having a good race with one guy, we were coming up on another driver and pass the guy. The next turn he dives me from 5 car lengths back and t-bones my car as I am turning in. Again, damaged beyond driveable and I get penalized for unsafe driving and again license gets lowered..... So, any contact even when it is absolutely not your fault results in a lower license? This is broken and at this rate I will be at 100 by the end of the week driving with others in my situation and people who can't drive. Thanks!

Edd1e360
25-09-2017, 18:46
Exit Session should have a confirmation "are you sure you want to quit" as i have sometimes accidentally pressed a while exit session was highlighted (didnt see the button was highlighted, should be more differance in color when highlighted for me)

Gobby
25-09-2017, 19:39
Carry on, pit for repairs and finish the rest of the race clean and your 'safety' rating would probably go up. (U>F-A)
Your skill rating might take a hit if you don't recover back to the podium....but that's the point of a separate skill/safety rating.

People are too worried about short term rating changes in the first few days...everything will balance out nicely over the coming months.

m00lean
25-09-2017, 19:42
It's even worse. I got disconnected 2 times tonight without any reason and lost 80+ points. One of the sessions, i got "disconnected" from was my own.

I'd say get the servers fixed and reset the skill rating.

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 19:56
Be VERY careful in the first few corners. Mostly a few drivers brake too late or try to overtake in corners and crash because their tires are still cold. Also, check your rear view mirror and watch for quickly approaching vehicles.

When I have people stressing out behind me in the first lap, I just let them pass. If they're genuinely faster than me, they'll build up a gap infront of me; if they're over-aggressive n00bs, they will make mistakes and I'll be able to overtake them later.

ramm21
25-09-2017, 20:26
Im starting to like this system very much. Its not hard to progress up in safety rating.

I don't understand why half the lobbies have the rating system off though. The more rated races we have the quicker cleaner players will rise through the ranks. When multiplayer is more stable Im going to host a room and have a min rating of something higher than U. I thought we would see some of those higher rated lobbies pop up by now, but its only been 4 days.

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 20:54
Yeah, I played in an F+ lobby today and there were 0 incidents in the 1st lap, and the field was together relatively closely.

Safety rating is awesome!

The only danger I see with it is that in the future a lot of lobbies will be F+, and new players who are competent and willing to drive cleanly will have a tough time finding ranked games. In iRacing that's solved by granting safety ratings also in solo practice and qualifying sessions; I'm not sure if that also works in PCars2.

Brado23
25-09-2017, 21:36
I agree the safety rating system is awesome.

Over the last few days I have had the cleanest online racing I have ever experienced in public lobbies in any game I have played. How much more careful people are being is amazing and is making it so much more enjoyable. Yes there are still the occasional incidents in the first few corners as people make mistakes, but you can definitely see that most people are trying to stay clean now.

Thanks SMS!

Mahjik
25-09-2017, 22:23
It's even worse. I got disconnected 2 times tonight without any reason and lost 80+ points. One of the sessions, i got "disconnected" from was my own.

I'd say get the servers fixed and reset the skill rating.

The problem here is you cannot tell if the user did a "rage quit" by disconnecting their network cable (which used to be what people did).

Mr Castrol
26-09-2017, 07:08
Hello just finshed a race before 23 field was nice race nothing much happing few people taking corner's to fast etc etc.
Whislt on my last lap was following a chap most of race nice clean racing :D then he slipped off road...So i took the outside and kept same speed.
So this guy didn't want me to get though so he rammed me off the road into wall..Race over DNF!
MY main gripe is that i LOSE 5 point's for somethink i could not control..
HE!!! Rammed me I lose point's
Doesn't make sense.
I'm the sort of racer if i touch you (LOL) i'd say soz or let you though just how i am.

This issue props been said just gonna take 10 years to get them back lol

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 07:19
Threads merged.

Mr Castrol
26-09-2017, 07:25
I do this then i get raged rammed because im passing them

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 07:29
The problem here is you cannot tell if the user did a "rage quit" by disconnecting their network cable (which used to be what people did).
Also, people who get disconnected randomly are not nice to race against online and this should be reflected in their rating just the same.

Kebabfelix
26-09-2017, 08:00
PC crashed two times, server lost connection two times.

It takes fucking forever to grind back, ugh.. I don't want to be stuck in elo hell.

m00lean
26-09-2017, 12:18
Also, people who get disconnected randomly are not nice to race against online and this should be reflected in their rating just the same.

I completely agree! But I was disconnected 2 times in one evening (4 times total by now) without any reason on my side. There was at no point any fault with my connection. And one time it was my own session I got disconnected from. I don't care so much about the numbers, but this is not fair at all.

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 17:33
I completely agree! But I was disconnected 2 times in one evening (4 times total by now) without any reason on my side. There was at no point any fault with my connection. And one time it was my own session I got disconnected from. I don't care so much about the numbers, but this is not fair at all.

It is "fair" as it's the same for everyone.. It would be unfair if other users didn't get penalized for the same thing as you.

m00lean
26-09-2017, 17:42
It is "fair" as it's the same for everyone.. It would be unfair if other users didn't get penalized for the same thing as you.

So you are saying that randomly disconnecting and penalizing people with -30 points is fair? Yeah. Right.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 17:47
So you are saying that randomly disconnecting and penalizing people with -30 points is fair? Yeah. Right.

The game can't differentiate between a random disconnection and ragequitting.

m00lean
26-09-2017, 18:03
The game can't differentiate between a random disconnection and ragequitting.

That's a problem, agreed. But this kind of penalty is inacceptable in my opinion. There are other ways to deal with disconnects:

- Allow to rejoin the session immediately in the disconnect screen
- Prohibit leaving players from rejoining any lobbies for X minutes
- Warn disconnecting players X times and then ban them for X hours from joining sessions

Other games have come up with several different solutions, but I have never seen a penalty of this severity anywhere. In my case this has cost me about 150 points.

takaii
26-09-2017, 23:05
Steam just f****d up my connection. Not fare loosing points for this really. Imo if people wana leave they should and the damage cause during race would still be calclulated accordingly but man loosing points for punchiment is not fare when game crash or steam connection f***s up. I have internet but steam is not aviable atm for me! 50 points is hard to earn back! WTF

csdigitaldesign
27-09-2017, 08:01
Honestly.. I want a damn refund. This rating system was a reason why I decided to try PCars 2... that and the improved physics.. I have PCars 1, and the reason I stopped playing it was because of rammers... It's better now but it's still VERY flawed. Every time I start getting a decent rating a I get some a**hats who ram me and cause a huge accident and I lose all my points again. Even my safety rating goes back down. I't freaking infuriating! There's zero point to this system when other bad drivers just keep screwing it up for people that are obviously driving much safer and much better. I win lots of races... or at least come in the top 3... with one exception. Guess what that is? Yup, it's when I get rammed over and over again!

The system needs to be fixed. I wish I could get a refund. Or better yet, I wish the system was reworked to make sense because the game is pretty fun otherwise! It's seriously THE biggest thing holding the game back from being great. That and the AI need some more work.

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 08:09
Watch your language please guys.

Regarding the penalty system I refer to my responses in the other thread:

Do you know why SMS and also iRacing are always punishing all cars that are involved in an accident?
Because there's no reliable way to identify the one who's responsible for the crash.

You say that only 1% or 2% are brake testing their opponents but you have to keep in mind that as soon as there's a way to only punish one of the cars, griefers WILL find a way to exploit the system and ruin other player's ratings on purpose.

I'm going to repeat myself...

Think about it, iRacing is on the market since 2008 now and most people would agree that they're the benchmark in competitive online racing.
Why do you think are they also using this kind of penalty system?

As long as video games can't reliably differentiate who is at fault, the non-contact policy is the fairest rating system you can get.

What you don't seem to take into account is that as soon as you only punish the guy in the back, case a) WILL happen much more often than it is now.
Griefers will start to brake check everyone but this time only YOU, the victim, will get a rating penalty. How is that fairer than punishing both?

ironik
27-09-2017, 08:12
That's a problem, agreed. But this kind of penalty is inacceptable in my opinion. There are other ways to deal with disconnects:

- Allow to rejoin the session immediately in the disconnect screen
- Prohibit leaving players from rejoining any lobbies for X minutes
- Warn disconnecting players X times and then ban them for X hours from joining sessions

Other games have come up with several different solutions, but I have never seen a penalty of this severity anywhere. In my case this has cost me about 150 points.

Yeah do that and open the exploiting gates. Do that and you'll see many guys quitting just because they won't win and they don't want to lose some points.
Do that, and you'll get plenty of complaints saying : "WTF I can't rejoin a lobby after leaving one?!!")
Furthermore, what if a guy unplug his network cable ?

See, there is no perfect solution for this problem. So, just stay in the race until the end.

Honestly.. I want a damn refund. This rating system was a reason why I decided to try PCars 2... that and the improved physics.. I have PCars 1, and the reason I stopped playing it was because of rammers... It's better now but it's still VERY flawed. Every time I start getting a decent rating a I get some a**hats who ram me and cause a huge accident and I lose all my points again. Even my safety rating goes back down. I't freaking infuriating! There's zero point to this system when other bad drivers just keep screwing it up for people that are obviously driving much safer and much better. I win lots of races... or at least come in the top 3... with one exception. Guess what that is? Yup, it's when I get rammed over and over again!

The system needs to be fixed. I wish I could get a refund. Or better yet, I wish the system was reworked to make sense because the game is pretty fun otherwise! It's seriously THE biggest thing holding the game back from being great. That and the AI need some more work.

Start from the back and improve your safety rating first. Once you get F, stop playing in U lobbies and so on. Fixed!

takaii
27-09-2017, 08:28

Actually winning low ranked matches is a safety risk. if you try get first in qualify and first in turn you know you have those idiots who ram behind you whom use you as wall. Imo both E and F rank is still like driving with un ranked drivers sometime so be careful even there.
Also if someone crash in front of you, then you should also slow down because it might cause them to drive into others and that another car crash you. you have better ability to judge how to turn away from stuff if you drive slower. I have C rank, i have even played U matches and still
ranked up my safety rank. If you want to reach higher ranks start by improving safety ranks then join high safety rank competition and try win there instead. Dont try to win on low ranked matches. You are litterly asking to get shit.
Better improve the skill numbers on clean races.

fostrike
27-09-2017, 09:25
Sorry but still I don't see the point to have such a huge penalty for quitting a race.
I mean, PC2 is not a team based VG, so me leaving or not doesn't make a huge difference right?
So i wreck the car in the first lap of a 20min race and I'm suppose to stay in the box for 19min waiting for the end?
Seems logic to me...

Kebabfelix
27-09-2017, 09:25
Rating system is great but here are some flaws from a person who played a lot of ranked titles.

1. You should be able to rejoin a game if your game crashed, this is a standard in all ranked games such LoL or Overwatch.

2. You should not be able to ragequit but having -50 when crashing/leaving is way to harsh. -20 would be a better number.

3. You should win more rating if you win over better rated people. I had a lobby with 15 others and most of them were 50-90 higher in rating, I won and only got 8 points.

4. If the hosts leave or the server crashes for everyone you ABSOLUTELY can NOT drop everyone's rating by -50. That's insanely stupid and the sole reason why this system right now is arbitrary.

takaii
27-09-2017, 09:35
Rating system is great but here are some flaws from a person who played a lot of ranked titles.

1. You should be able to rejoin a game if your game crashed, this is a standard in all ranked games such LoL or Overwatch.

2. You should not be able to ragequit but having -50 when crashing/leaving is way to harsh. -20 would be a better number.

3. You should win more rating if you win over better rated people. I had a lobby with 15 others and most of them were 50-90 higher in rating, I won and only got 8 points.

4. If the hosts leave or the server crashes for everyone you ABSOLUTELY can NOT drop everyone's rating by -50. That's insanely stupid and the sole reason why this system right now is arbitrary.

1. Agree I used to play a lot off CS Go and valve introduced time limit to go back into game. Im ok with being DQF as computer crashed but let me get chance to get back in so i dont loose 50 points.

2. Agree 50 points is way to hard to rank up from, let people get chance to earn back points.

3. Agree

4. If host leave then the race goes on and a new host is given automatically. The race dont end. i dont know how its with servers but it works like that when u create ordinary lobby race

Guybrush Threepwood
27-09-2017, 09:40
Does the - 50 apply to practice sessions? Quite often I'll join a practice session that serves as a track day, usually something like Bannochbrae, I'll often leave after an hour or so, or to change cars. I also sometimes leave a lobby if the race is too long, as I don't have time to commit to it, this would obviously be helped by being able to see the lobby settings before joining.

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 09:44
Does the - 50 apply to practice sessions? Quite often I'll join a practice session that serves as a track day, usually something like Bannochbrae, I'll often leave after an hour or so, or to change cars. I also sometimes leave a lobby if the race is too long, as I don't have time to commit to it, this would obviously be helped by being able to see the lobby settings before joining.

Leaving a pre race session should not affect your rating. If it does, it's a bug.

Kebabfelix
27-09-2017, 11:50
Jesus christ can this game be frustrating.

LMP1 at long beach, T1 crash my car fucking flips upside down, have to retire and loose 50 points.

No words for how crap that is.

MortICi
27-09-2017, 14:48
Jesus christ can this game be frustrating.

LMP1 at long beach, T1 crash my car fucking flips upside down, have to retire and loose 50 points.

No words for how crap that is.

Map the car reset button... That way you can reset your car on the track and finish the race..

ironik
27-09-2017, 14:51
Map the car reset button... That way you can reset your car on the track and finish the race..

Or retire to pits and go grab a soft drink to cool down a bit while waiting for the next race. :)

No need to exit the race... Really.

cpcdem
27-09-2017, 15:56

I'm thinking the best solution when that happens is to lose as much points as you would if you finished last + something like 20% or 30%.
This way you will have incentive not to quit even if you're last and it would also not penalize legit disconnects as much as it does now.

Not sure how easy it would really be to implement this, though.

solocapers
27-09-2017, 17:28
Do we have a clear table of how the points system works and whats allocated per win, 2nd place etc?

ironik
27-09-2017, 19:47
Do we have a clear table of how the points system works and whats allocated per win, 2nd place etc?

Nope.
It's based on the Elo system. So if you beat some players with a higher score than you, you'll gain more. If you lose against better ranked players, you'll lose less.
On the contrary, if you have a higher score, you'll gain less and lose more.

Ubermongo
30-09-2017, 15:28
getting so frustrated with this system, im trying so hard to race clean but keep on getting rammed in every race and am getting seriously penalised everytime

Sankyo
30-09-2017, 15:37
getting so frustrated with this system, im trying so hard to race clean but keep on getting rammed in every race and am getting seriously penalised everytime

I can sympathize. It's near-impossible however to reliably detect who is to blame for car-to-car contact. If you have suggestions to improve the system, please write them down.

eracerhead
30-09-2017, 16:16
In lower-level lobbies you really have to treat everyone like a potential wrecker. Make sure you have ample clearance around you, and glue your eyes to the mirrors. Crashers tend to be poor drivers, so if you expect the worst* and have an escape route when they turn in on you, most times you can leave them behind as they spin out behind you.

*dealing with Chicago traffic helps in this regard...

Umer Ahmad
30-09-2017, 16:41
*dealing with Chicago traffic helps in this regard...
Dude, i swear. The CTA buses are the worst :D

Zombie_Head
30-09-2017, 17:31
Without any footage it looks more like unuseful complaint.

It is a really bad system, because it is working on contact regardless if it is your fault or not.

Numerous times i had others ram me, which caused me to uncontrollably to make contact with others, which then i get demoted in terms of the license. So i am minding my own business, some idiot comes and makes contact, causes a chain reaction and i get faulted for it? No thank you.

Stache
30-09-2017, 18:42
Is it just me or do you guys also notice that the warmup round with rolling start is especially prone to end up in a giant $#^$^$&!!! , i,ve had NO online race with rolling start and warmup lap without 1 ,2 or more pileups before the start....just horrible and then you also get penalized for passing guys that are in the pileup :(

Miwwa
30-09-2017, 20:16
Love the fact they are doing this to hopefully clean up public servers. But I dont think its gonna work or working. I have been punted and wrecked because people dont want to get pass or want to get by without a race. It doesn't help that you can turn off damage and rating as everyone does. I think damage and rating should always be enabled with no way to turn either off. This way there is consequences to a persons actions. Think im gonna have to stick with Iracing for multiplayer.

kofotsjanne
30-09-2017, 20:55
I got this link in another thread.
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/license.html
Hopefully it can help someone else understand it better too. If the system works out or not we'll see in the somewhat near future. The initiative to even implement it in the first place is something they should have kudos for no matter what the outcome is. If it turns out to be garbage i think we, every single player that plays pcars2 online more than a couple of hours, is a bit to blame aswell (without knowing exactly how the system calculates).

davidzz
30-09-2017, 21:42
I have a question:
Does safety rank should refresh after every time you start the game ?

Miwwa
30-09-2017, 21:44
I got this link in another thread.
Hopefully it can help someone else understand it better too. If the system works out or not we'll see in the somewhat near future. The initiative to even implement it in the first place is something they should have kudos for no matter what the outcome is. If it turns out to be garbage i think we, every single player that plays pcars2 online more than a couple of hours, is a bit to blame aswell (without knowing exactly how the system calculates).

Its like Iracing it seems bassed off incidents per corner. There not gonna tell you because then someone might figure out a exploit. You have a safety rating and a skill rating Safety=Letter Skill=Number. Drive clean" No contact with other vehicles, off track or spins" safety rating goes up. There a pool of skill rating at the start of the race depending where you finish and your own skill and other driver skill you will either gain,lose or keep you skill points. If you leave during practice or Q there seems to be no penalty witch is fair. If you leave a race it seems you lose all the skill you put into plus more saftey rating than if you finished the race.

Miwwa
30-09-2017, 21:47
I have a question:
Does safety rank should refresh after every time you start the game ?

If I understand your question correctly. No safety rating doesn't refresh every time you start the game. It follows you witch it should.

GT-Club_Atho_
30-09-2017, 21:59
Today i start at 1580, 4 straight wins with a SOF of 1450 i only won 24 pts and i'm now at 1604...

How is it possible to grow to 4K !? Win a race equal to your SOF ranking should win 50-60 points not 5-10 :/

ironik
30-09-2017, 22:08
What does SOF mean?

kofotsjanne
30-09-2017, 22:10
What does SOF mean?
strenght of field

Miwwa
30-09-2017, 22:14
Today i start at 1580, 4 straight wins with a SOF of 1450 i only won 24 pts and i'm now at 1604...

How is it possible to grow to 4K !? Win a race equal to your SOF ranking should win 50-60 points not 5-10 :/

Where do you see SOF?

GT-Club_Atho_
30-09-2017, 22:21
What does SOF mean?

Strength of Field

@MIWWA I just calculated it :)

ironik
30-09-2017, 22:21
Wow, language evolves so quickly around here haha.
Anyway, 1450 versus 1580 is a quite high difference already. It's expected that you don't gain much I guess.
Maybe the gain is a bit low for the start, I agree.
But at the end, you're displaying a rank of 1600+, which is very high right now.
I mean, why do you want to reach 4000? For the community event?
SMS will probably adapt the entry conditions to match the actual field.
For example, having gold at 1600 sounds good to me, silver 1500, and bronze 1400.

ramm21
01-10-2017, 02:23
Are the community events worth more points? And can you enter those races more than once?

ironik
01-10-2017, 13:22
Are the community events worth more points? And can you enter those races more than once?

Community events are hot lapping events. You don't gain rank or safety rating there and yes, you can enter as much as you want.

takaii
01-10-2017, 13:35
Where do you see SOF?

Imagine getting disconnected loosing 50 points each time lol. I have lost 100 points in total and i climbed my rank up to 1472. Then at monza E rank safety limit race there were U and F drivers on it -.-
what happened was that i thought race it anyway. I was far back in start and was careful around when they crashed at start i drove careful around them but then cut smashed from behind and then next came and next.
It evened out i drove a gain and then next car comes and smash me with purpose. So i decided to retire to pit not to injure my safety ranking anymore. And i lost down to 1449... so funny this game is. It really is not easy regain scores. It hurts more than what it is earned

davidzz
01-10-2017, 14:49
If I understand your question correctly. No safety rating doesn't refresh every time you start the game. It follows you witch it should.

Yeah you understood correnctly tho i meant reset, just didint found that word at that moment. So i migh be bugged couse everytime i start the game my safety rank resets to U. Doesnt matter what letter i had before.

Nu-lee
01-10-2017, 20:34
Yeah you understood correnctly tho i meant reset, just didint found that word at that moment. So i migh be bugged couse everytime i start the game my safety rank resets to U. Doesnt matter what letter i had before.

That's what it says in the righthand corner of my screen 2, however when I look at my statistics it still is E. Yes, it's a bug

Marlborofranz
01-10-2017, 20:36
Imagine getting disconnected loosing 50 points each time lol. I have lost 100 points in total and i climbed my rank up to 1472. Then at monza E rank safety limit race there were U and F drivers on it -.-
what happened was that i thought race it anyway. I was far back in start and was careful around when they crashed at start i drove careful around them but then cut smashed from behind and then next came and next.
It evened out i drove a gain and then next car comes and smash me with purpose. So i decided to retire to pit not to injure my safety ranking anymore. And i lost down to 1449... so funny this game is. It really is not easy regain scores. It hurts more than what it is earned

You probalby don't want to hear it, but my advice would be to create your own lobby only allowing people with E rank. You can also kick people that are ramming just for fun. And IMHO you should focus on clean racing and safety rank. THEN, when you're at C/B/A/S grade, really clean races appear. And in such clean race conditions you can more worry about ranking up. Maybe you're also pushing too hard, and you should not forget: even real world race drivers have accidents. Shit happens. Thats sports... You have good days, you have bad days... but if you keep doing your job well, then you'll see your score rising after all. And as of avoiding crashes in turn one: I tend to use the "look back" button to check if someone is tailgating me, pulling off his line so in case I have to break he won't ram me in the turn 1 traffic jam. Of course it's not your fault if someone crashes into your back, but hey --> If you can avoid it, why not? We're all no real pro's after all, so we always have to expect something to go wrong.

takaii
01-10-2017, 20:41
You probalby don't want to hear it, but my advice would be to create your own lobby only allowing people with E rank. You can also kick people that are ramming just for fun. And IMHO you should focus on clean racing and safety rank. THEN, when you're at C/B/A/S grade, really clean races appear. And in such clean race conditions you can more worry about ranking up. Maybe you're also pushing too hard, and you should not forget: even real world race drivers have accidents. Shit happens. Thats sports... You have good days, you have bad days... but if you keep doing your job well, then you'll see your score rising after all. And as of avoiding crashes in turn one: I tend to use the "look back" button to check if someone is tailgating me, pulling off his line so in case I have to break he won't ram me in the turn 1 traffic jam. Of course it's not your fault if someone crashes into your back, but hey --> If you can avoid it, why not? We're all no real pro's after all, so we always have to expect something to go wrong.

Pretty funny you tell me to focus on safety rank :) Im actually A safety rank ;) But thanks its a good rule you tell its something people in lower classes should focus first on and allways later on also. I know what i do and i know that first safety then start racing. But pretty booring when players somehow manage to get into E rank where they dont belong :P
Whats worse is when you are infront on a straight and turn to other side of road and releasing gas to let the player behind pass you but instead he follows your line and drive through you when you intended to let em pass.. its like they use you as a map guide and how no clue to break from lane to pass me...

My safety rank is not an issue i just try to uprank skill points. Third time i drive up my scores up to 1500 and over cause computer crashed etc :)

Nu-lee
01-10-2017, 20:51
Can somebody tell me if all the warnings count towards your safety rating, (crossing pitline to early, slowdown warning, give back position, etc.) Or just the contact ones...

Me and some friends drive together fair and clean and yes we make mistakes sometimes but I'm ranked at E for quite a while now (13 hours of online racing) and one of my friends already has a C rating whitin 11 hours of online racing..

My point, if I respawn the car I get a warning for standing still, if I steer into a corner to early (cutting the corner) I get a warning to slow down. Does this affect your safety rating? Cause imo thats more of an skill issue...

One race I saw nr.2 coming way to fast to the inside of turn 1 so I braked early, he flew of the track. Nr.3 tried to come inside so I went wide with 2 wheels over the curve to avoid contact as he spun out. Rest piled up behind me so that went really well. I get a penalty telling me to give back the position??? No one was able to pass me in time btw...

takaii
01-10-2017, 20:57
Can somebody tell me if all the warnings count towards your safety rating, (crossing pitline to early, slowdown warning, give back position, etc.) Or just the contact ones...

Me and some friends drive together fair and clean and yes we make mistakes sometimes but I'm ranked at E for quite a while now (13 hours of online racing) and one of my friends already has a C rating whitin 11 hours of online racing..

My point, if I respawn the car I get a warning for standing still, if I steer into a corner to early (cutting the corner) I get a warning to slow down. Does this affect your safety rating? Cause imo thats more of an skill issue...

One race I saw nr.2 coming way to fast to the inside of turn 1 so I braked early, he flew of the track. Nr.3 tried to come inside so I went wide with 2 wheels over the curve to avoid contact as he spun out. Rest piled up behind me so that went really well. I get a penalty telling me to give back the position??? No one was able to pass me in time btw...

i had some issues as well with "give back position" When ive been part of crash caused by another that i was to cloose without being able to active avoid it. Seing that "give back position" really sucks cause it really dont know who caused what. also the time to give back position kinda sucks when its that short. yeah about that with turn and cutting corners i am curious as well. Do all those warning even have a meaning? Cars drive pass road cut tracks and kinda seem to get away with it

Marlborofranz
02-10-2017, 07:42
Pretty funny you tell me to focus on safety rank :) Im actually A safety rank ;) But thanks its a good rule you tell its something people in lower classes should focus first on and allways later on also. I know what i do and i know that first safety then start racing. But pretty booring when players somehow manage to get into E rank where they dont belong :P
Whats worse is when you are infront on a straight and turn to other side of road and releasing gas to let the player behind pass you but instead he follows your line and drive through you when you intended to let em pass.. its like they use you as a map guide and how no clue to break from lane to pass me...

My safety rank is not an issue i just try to uprank skill points. Third time i drive up my scores up to 1500 and over cause computer crashed etc :)

Whoops, overlooked that. :P I understand this but maybe this is caused because some people are able to navigate safely through the track without any incidents, but when in close competition the experience lacks. For example I am still afraid tailgating someone on a long straight before a sharp turn, e. g. Monza straight. I always expect them to brake a bit too early, hence I go off throttle a tiny bit or pull to another racing line just to avoid crashing their back. Maybe other people are also not that experienced in terms of close combat and thus follow your line instead of focusing on their own racing line which obviously works better, otherwise they wouldn't be tailgating you.

I was thinking about opening some 1 hour public trainings just to get as much traffic as possible for everyone to practice close racing. Not sure if somone would join that, though...

takaii
02-10-2017, 07:56
Whoops, overlooked that. :P I understand this but maybe this is caused because some people are able to navigate safely through the track without any incidents, but when in close competition the experience lacks. For example I am still afraid tailgating someone on a long straight before a sharp turn, e. g. Monza straight. I always expect them to brake a bit too early, hence I go off throttle a tiny bit or pull to another racing line just to avoid crashing their back. Maybe other people are also not that experienced in terms of close combat and thus follow your line instead of focusing on their own racing line which obviously works better, otherwise they wouldn't be tailgating you.

I was thinking about opening some 1 hour public trainings just to get as much traffic as possible for everyone to practice close racing. Not sure if somone would join that, though...

Agree monza is a horrible track to be before others while rank up safety. I tend to stay from monza if i dont have time to get a good qualify time. either be among the first to turn or the last. Being in middle is a no go. But yeah i think they follow me because its easier to drive anothers lane if you dont know the track. But its like they cant see that you slow down and turn away. Lately i manage to get away better with it by slowing down a bit not to much and when they close up quickly change to other lane when they are up my butt and break a tap to make em pass quickly. =) But monza hehe that track gege

eracerhead
02-10-2017, 10:59
Pretty funny you tell me to focus on safety rank :) Im actually A safety rank ;)

A Skill Rating of 1000 also shows they are pretty good...

The fact that everyone starts at U1500 shouldn't mean that scores in the 1300-1400s are any way embarrassing. I don't look at someone's Performance Rating relative to mine and consider if I want to race them or not. But I certainly take a drivers Safety Rating into account.

If they're slow enough to rate less than 1000, I'm happy enough if they tool around at the back of the pack. But a "D" or higher SR assures me that they'll watch for blue flags when I come around. So I'll rate a C500 over a U3500 every day of the week, and twice on Sunday...

Another thing to keep in mind is that if you've been handicapped with a couple of disconnects, that means you're going to be able to gain proportionately higher points when racing and winning against drivers of your own 'natural' performance level. So any disadvantage in Performance Rating won't last forever, and you actually have an advantage over these drivers, most of whom will score only a few points by finishing ahead of you.

xeek
02-10-2017, 12:44
First I thought fuck this safety rating shit and I was close to going back to iRacing, but now I kind of enjoy it.

I got to like F1505 within my first 2 online races and everything was going well, but then in the next race I got somehow disconnected mid race which gave me -50. Well shit happens I guess?

Following that I had the great Idea to join a 32 man Monza server with only U100 being required. Needless to say that half the field crashed first corner and as I qualified in the middle of the pack I got fucked too.
Well that wouldn't be that bad, I wanted to just continue the race and go on, but then the lobby host decided to kick half of the field and I got another -50.

So then I was down to U1400 and was very frustrated, but after that I only joined smaller(10-15ppl max) lobbies on lesser known tracks and I had a lot of fun since then.

I'm back on F1476 now so I'm making progress, I only join F lobbies from now on at least, but I still think -50 for being kicked is dumb.

Lord_Flexington
02-10-2017, 12:51
Exit Session should have a confirmation "are you sure you want to quit" as i have sometimes accidentally pressed a while exit session was highlighted (didnt see the button was highlighted, should be more differance in color when highlighted for me)

THIS. i have doin it multiple times to the point of rage after FINALLY getting into a TC race

ironik
02-10-2017, 12:55
First I thought fuck this safety rating shit and I was close to going back to iRacing, but now I kind of enjoy it.

I got to like F1505 within my first 2 online races and everything was going well, but then in the next race I got somehow disconnected mid race which gave me -50. Well shit happens I guess?

Following that I had the great Idea to join a 32 man Monza server with only U100 being required. Needless to say that half the field crashed first corner and as I qualified in the middle of the pack I got fucked too.
Well that wouldn't be that bad, I wanted to just continue the race and go on, but then the lobby host decided to kick half of the field and I got another -50.

So then I was down to U1400 and was very frustrated, but after that I only joined smaller(10-15ppl max) lobbies on lesser known tracks and I had a lot of fun since then.

I'm back on F1476 now so I'm making progress, I only join F lobbies from now on at least, but I still think -50 for being kicked is dumb.

I won't say it is dumb because it's quite insulting for the devs. I'd rather say harsh. ;)
Yes, it's harsh by design. It's harsh because leaving a race is harsh for those who stay.
That being said, I agree that there is a problem here : If you win a race, you usually gain something like 10 points max but if there is a problem in your race and you're forced to retire or if you're disconnected you lose around 50 points.
It's probably a bit off here but I bet that SMS will balance things a bit.

I'm not sure yet if it is "wrong" or if this problem is due to the system needing more time to settle. Only time will tell I guess :)

Kebabfelix
02-10-2017, 13:48

Don't loose hope! I went from 1398 to 1600 :eagerness:

GrimeyDog
02-10-2017, 14:45
I had My first online Ranked Race last Night... it was pretty Good... I chased down first --> He was Paniking under the pressure spending more time trying to block Me from passing and ended up running off the road slightly i passed him Clean i dont remember what his ranking was but in his hurry to try and get back on road he Hit My car off track and into a wall... I had alotta front end Damage.. I think he Got a Drive thru penalty for that.... I limped the car to Victory:D I guess he was trying to catch up sooo hard he kept running off the Road:)

My Question is Does Pcars2 Give Drive thru penalty for Ramming cars off road??? Full Damage and Penalties were on.

If soo I luve it!!!

nepal roade
02-10-2017, 17:07
If not, you'll just get grief'ers who will get in front and then slam on the brakes.

Really?
Well prove it by changing the system and then see how many complaints there are about break-checking. It is a lot more difficult to cause a crash by break-checking than it is by ramming and the driver behind at least has a chance to avoid such idiots. it is spoiling the game and yet you just refuse to listen. :(

Karl87
02-10-2017, 17:09
I do my best to be a safe driver, I put priority on not wrecking over position in the race. But without fail in the first corner, especially if I start towards the front I get rear ended within the first few corners, sometimes even on the straights when someone in a Ferrari 488 comes up behind my 911R at warp speed and slams right into me, ok fine it happens I guess, must be really hard to move out of my draft... But the problem comes when the only incidents that happen are getting rear ended yet MY safety rating drops.

It feels like every race I get rear ended, and race director gives me a warning for a collision. Oh my bad, didn't know I could avoid that. I think only frontal collisions or front half of the car side swipes should be dinged. It is truly unfair to be hit in rating due to someone else's idiocy. Now if you want to fault the driver in the front the only way that can work is with human supervision over the replay to hand out penalties, otherwise stick to frontal penalties only. And good lord we need a safety car, so frustrating to qualify 1-4th place only to get used as a curb on the first corner because no one knows how to brake and thinks they will win the race in the first corner and you spend the rest of the race 30 seconds down.

Bealdor
02-10-2017, 17:18
Really?
Well prove it by changing the system and then see how many complaints there are about break-checking. It is a lot more difficult to cause a crash by break-checking than it is by ramming and the driver behind at least has a chance to avoid such idiots. it is spoiling the game and yet you just refuse to listen. :(

Iracing already tried this extensively and they too settled with the "punish everyone" approach.
Guess why... ;)

ironik
02-10-2017, 17:24
Really?

I do my best to be a safe driver, I put priority on not wrecking over position in the race. But without fail in the first corner, especially if I start towards the front I get rear ended within the first few corners, sometimes even on the straights when someone in a Ferrari 488 comes up behind my 911R at warp speed and slams right into me, ok fine it happens I guess, must be really hard to move out of my draft... But the problem comes when the only incidents that happen are getting rear ended yet MY safety rating drops.

It feels like every race I get rear ended, and race director gives me a warning for a collision. Oh my bad, didn't know I could avoid that. I think only frontal collisions or front half of the car side swipes should be dinged. It is truly unfair to be hit in rating due to someone else's idiocy. Now if you want to fault the driver in the front the only way that can work is with human supervision over the replay to hand out penalties, otherwise stick to frontal penalties only. And good lord we need a safety car, so frustrating to qualify 1-4th place only to get used as a curb on the first corner because no one knows how to brake and thinks they will win the race in the first corner and you spend the rest of the race 30 seconds down.

That's kinda funny because most of my contacts are because of the guy in front.
There is the guy who doesn't know the track and brakes much much early.
There is the guy who spins just in front of me and also, the one who makes you believe he sees me and then suddenly, closes the door on the half front of my car.

EDIT: Oh! My bad I forgot the most annoying of them all : The blue flag who doesn't comply and tries to battle with you... :very_drunk:

bmanic
02-10-2017, 17:26
Iracing already tried this extensively and they too settled with the "punish everyone" approach.
Guess why... ;)

Exactly.

Spelled out for those that still don't get it: It's the only system that works reliably in the long run.

Karl87
02-10-2017, 17:35
There is the guy who spins just in front of me and also, the one who makes you believe he sees me and then suddenly, closes the door on the half front of my car.

I race endurance in real life, when there is an accident all involved are investigated and then only those found at fault are given penalties. You can not blame someone braking early for your failure to make a clean pass. When you are in the front you are meant to hold your line, the passer is meant to find the safe way to pass, not the other way around. FYI I get hit hard in game when those tires are cold by people like you who think they can out brake me, well it turns out they just ram into the rear of my car instead. If you are that much faster than someone then you can pass on the outside while they hold their line instead of just ramming them. Learn patience and you can always pass cleanly if they are such poor drivers they will make a big enough mistake eventually. Almost every wreck for me is on the first lap, by someone ramming me because they just got done qualifying on warm tires and think they can still use the same braking zones. Don't ever expect the guy in front sees you, that is the dumbest mistake you can make. He is meant to hold his line, just like in real life, never assume someone will let you by, no one is giving you the inside line, not ever. Unless you are lapping them and they know it.

ironik
02-10-2017, 17:41
I race endurance in real life, when there is an accident all involved are investigated and then only those found at fault are given penalties. You can not blame someone braking early for your failure to make a clean pass. When you are in the front you are meant to hold your line, the passer is meant to find the safe way to pass, not the other way around. FYI I get hit hard in game when those tires are cold by people like you who think they can out brake me, well it turns out they just ram into the rear of my car instead. If you are that much faster than someone then you can pass on the outside while they hold their line instead of just ramming them. Learn patience and you can always pass cleanly if they are such poor drivers they will make a big enough mistake eventually. Almost every wreck for me is on the first lap, by someone ramming me because they just got done qualifying on warm tires and think they can still use the same braking zones. Don't ever expect the guy in front sees you, that is the dumbest mistake you can make. He is meant to hold his line, just like in real life, never assume someone will let you by, no one is giving you the inside line, not ever. Unless you are lapping them and they know it.

You don't know me and you don't know how I drive, so please, keep your judgments for you mate :)
I'm talking about one particular type of guy, not the competent one. ;)

Whatever, I don't care anyway. I'll adapt to whatever the game offers me and I love it. :cool:

nepal roade
02-10-2017, 17:43

Then you are not being circumspect enough and being prepared for this to happen and choosing another line into a braking area or slowing before your normal braking point.

I'd agree that the latter is unavoidable but the former, more often than not you'll have time to react safely and brake accordingly.

EDIT: Oh! My bad I forgot the most annoying of them all : The blue flag who doesn't comply and tries to battle with you... :very_drunk:
Yes and annoying as it is it is still up to you to pass cleanly. If you are that good you should be able to if you have enough patience to see where you are faster.

Why do you think that in real life it is always the person behind crashing into the car infront that gets held responsible in court?

ironik
02-10-2017, 18:05
Then you are not being circumspect enough and being prepared for this to happen and choosing another line into a braking area or slowing before your normal braking point.

I'd agree that the latter is unavoidable but the former, more often than not you'll have time to react safely and brake accordingly.

Yes and annoying as it is it is still up to you to pass cleanly. If you are that good you should be able to if you have enough patience to see where you are faster.

Why do you think that in real life it is always the person behind crashing into the car infront that gets held responsible in court?

Oh my... You guys are so entitled... I'll have to justify myself finally hahahah.
Have you ever seen a racer braking 50m earlier when in close battle "just to be safe" ?
I do that a lot when I'm sure I'm faster. If I'm in a battle, I brake just a bit earlier and I try to exit the corner a bit faster. That's it.
Now what if the guy in front brake earlier in purpose ? Yeah that happens in real life but these guys are not playing fair and we're in a game here.

Regarding the blue flag, I'm patient but the blue flag HAS to let one passes, he MUST NOT try to put up a fight with the faster car.

Regarding the usual line "In the real life the one behind is always wrong" :
First, it's not true.
Secondly, on the open road we're not supposed to race. Driving in a race and in open roads are two very different kinds of driving. :D

Anyway, again you're judging me without knowing how I drive and behave on tracks, just to make your point more valid (which is not).

EDIT: If you're fast enough, you won't be rear ended by newbies or trolls.
Furthermore, if you're not capable of anticipate that the guy behind you is a bad driver, it's your fault. You should let him pass or take another line under braking.
Finally, I'm sure you race clean enough to couterbalance some hits from behind.
See, this is so easy :)

Karl87
02-10-2017, 18:24
EDIT: If you're fast enough, you won't be rear ended by newbies or trolls.
Furthermore, if you're not capable of anticipate that the guy behind you is a bad driver, it's your fault. You should let him pass or take another line under braking.
Finally, I'm sure you race clean enough to couterbalance some hits from behind.
See, this is so easy :)

So you are saying, lap one you qualify first, you approach the first corner lets say on the Nring GP, you brake just after the 100m mark, prepare to turn right, meanwhile someone else decides not to brake at all or to brake at the 50m mark and slams right into you, you should be able to avoid that by being faster?

xeek
02-10-2017, 19:29
Kinda of topic but something that fucks with my safety rating... I don't know how to change tires lol.
Every time a race changes to rain I request a pit stop, drive in the box, they change tires but I don't think they ever put rain tires on cuz I can't control the car.

Can someone explain how to handle pit stops in this game pls?

ironik
02-10-2017, 19:47
So you are saying, lap one you qualify first, you approach the first corner lets say on the Nring GP, you brake just after the 100m mark, prepare to turn right, meanwhile someone else decides not to brake at all or to brake at the 50m mark and slams right into you, you should be able to avoid that by being faster?

I was being sarcastic.
It actually works the other way too: You're preparing to brake at the 150m mark (because you're being cautious) but the guy in front brake 200m before the turn.
That being said, this kind of guys usually start from the back, so being fast gives you a little chance to escape the mayhem :D

This is how I drive by the way (not really fast but you can't say I'm not cautious ^^):

WMD lobby during testing :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxpK1is-CKI

Public lobby, went quite well for me :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkxJKw9Vt4o

Public lobby, not that well :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyl8_3kBbaY

Kinda of topic but something that fucks with my safety rating... I don't know how to change tires lol.
Every time a race changes to rain I request a pit stop, drive in the box, they change tires but I don't think they ever put rain tires on cuz I can't control the car.

Can someone explain how to handle pit stops in this game pls?

Did you ask for rain tyres ? :p
If yes, that could be bug.

xeek
02-10-2017, 19:56
Did you ask for rain tyres ? :p
If yes, that could be bug.

I don't know how to ask them for anything? Do I need to set up pit strategies or something?
If yes, how do I switch the strategies during a race?

Pink_650S
02-10-2017, 19:58
How in the world does it work?

I turned the game off, turned it back on the following day and lost 20 points on my license for no apparent reason.
I joined and left a lobby because the race had already begun without me - lost another 30 points.
Then l managed to get pole and the race win in a 12 player 8 lap GT3 race and l get nothing...

What the hell.

ironik
02-10-2017, 20:07
I don't know how to ask them for anything? Do I need to set up pit strategies or something?
If yes, how do I switch the strategies during a race?

Yes you have to either set up a pit strategy or use the ICM to ask for rain tyres.
EDIT: IIRC, you have to use the ICM to select your pit strategy.

eracerhead
02-10-2017, 20:12
There are about forty existing threads on this topic.

Bealdor
02-10-2017, 20:14
Threads merged.

Pink_650S
02-10-2017, 20:31
There are about forty existing threads on this topic.

I wonder why.

ironik
02-10-2017, 21:46
I wonder why.

Because nobody cares to do a basic search in the forum?

Pink_650S
02-10-2017, 22:28
Because nobody cares to do a basic search in the forum?

Why are you trying to defend this, when it could easily be explained in the game itself?
Oh l know why, because you're a WMD member.

People ask these questions for a reason.

Gunner RN
03-10-2017, 02:46
I've been watching alot of nordschleife videos, I wish we had a right side blinker to let faster racers to know we acknowledge they are faster and give them the okay to pass on the left.

m00lean
03-10-2017, 02:52
Just move off the line and flash your lights.

Gunner RN
03-10-2017, 03:05
Of course I've moved off the racing line but I was unaware that would flash my taillights. I'll try this, thx.

Hollyhock
03-10-2017, 06:15
I noticed something odd today - apparently the game really doesn't like you racing against one other driver. I joined a Road class G lobby for a change of pace, and it ended up just being me and the host. We ended up just having fun trying to drift our GT86s around the track while completing the race, and when one of us wiped out the other would wait for them. I ended up winning the race because the other guy had some weird 5 second penalty, but I ended up losing 12 points. I understand if it's to curb race trading between friends, but why lose points for winning a 1v1 race with a stranger? But I don't know, maybe it's just a glitch.

ironik
03-10-2017, 07:51
Why are you trying to defend this, when it could easily be explained in the game itself?
Oh l know why, because you're a WMD member.

People ask these questions for a reason.

Why am I trying to defend what ?
The ranking system or the forum search ? ^^

If I understand you correctly, the problem is that the game doesn't explain what is the ranking system ?
Yeah, I agree with you it lacks a bit of informations there ^^

Being a WMD member doesn't mean that I can't think by myself, you know.
It's so cliché...
The game is out for less than two weeks. Give it some time, stop whining for a month or two and we'll see what happens.
If the system is not working, SMS will correct it. Simple.

Nu-lee
03-10-2017, 07:52
I noticed something odd today - apparently the game really doesn't like you racing against one other driver. I joined a Road class G lobby for a change of pace, and it ended up just being me and the host. We ended up just having fun trying to drift our GT86s around the track while completing the race, and when one of us wiped out the other would wait for them. I ended up winning the race because the other guy had some weird 5 second penalty, but I ended up losing 12 points. I understand if it's to curb race trading between friends, but why lose points for winning a 1v1 race with a stranger? But I don't know, maybe it's just a glitch.

We mostly drive private sesssions with 4 to 6 players and sometimes just 1v1 but there is always 1 winning points and the other losing points. Never had a race where we both lost points...

One more thing though, we wait for each other by taking a pitstop or keep rolling slowly. We never stop the car, think that gives you a warning.

bigair199
03-10-2017, 16:05
1. As a whole the system will work itself out in the long run but with that being said I don't think it's the real problem. I think the ranking system combined with the extreme penalty system is the overall problem. Now I agree that the contact warnings are inevitable and a necessary evil BUT there are others that have gone over the line IMO. There is no longer a "gray" area or what I call the 2 tire rule. If your at Laguna Seca and get 2 tires in the sand your forced to slow down or get penalized especially on the dog leg left which is why the actual track added asphalt to the right of the rumble strip. The first turn there is a great place to pass on the outside but if the guy on the inside pushes wide, hits you, knocks you partially into the sand then it not only dings you for the contact but it also forces you to give back any positions gained because you got 2 tires off the track even though the other two are still on the track, left of the rumble strip. I feel like the formation lap penalties are a good example of this too.
My point being is that maybe if the penalty system was a little more forgiving or a little less harsh it might make the ranking system points deductions a little more tolerable.
2. Now inform me if i'm missing this but I believe if the online race info, (duration, available assists, etc...) was actually visible from the lobby it would be easier for people to avoid races they can't or don't want to enter. If even a small percentage it might allow people to regulate their ranking better by avoiding races their not interested in especially considering the lag and the amount of time it takes just get back to the lobby.

Clodochumo
03-10-2017, 22:04
No tengo una buena conexion, y me jugar una carrera me es muy dificil, ya que me expulsa por falta de conexion.
Me daria igual de no ser por que cada vez que me expulsa me resta 48 puntos y es muy injusto.
Soy rapido y limpio pero las partidas me van con mucho lag.
Me da rabia perder tantos puntoa sin culpa.

GT VIRUS
04-10-2017, 12:22
What's the point of a ranking system if the host can just kick you and you lose 50 points :( It takes way too many races to build that up for it to just be kicked down by one jerk.

ironik
04-10-2017, 12:30
What's the point of a ranking system if the host can just kick you and you lose 50 points :( It takes way too many races to build that up for it to just be kicked down by one jerk.

Just host your own lobby and you won't be kicked.

GT VIRUS
04-10-2017, 12:37

Yeah GREAT solution, real helpful....

ironik
04-10-2017, 12:39

What do you want me to say ? How it is not a good solution for this particular concern?
You can't blame a system whereas the problem is the idiots out there (of course, they're idiots only if they kick you without any reasons).

Bealdor
04-10-2017, 12:41

What's wrong with hosting your own lobby?
Even if you wouldn't get punished by the rating system, why would you prefer to race in a lobby where the host would kick you because you're too good or he doesn't like you?

GT VIRUS
04-10-2017, 12:46
What's wrong with hosting your own lobby?
Even if you wouldn't get punished by the rating system, why would you prefer to race in a lobby where the host would kick you because you're too good or he doesn't like you?

I'd prefer a system where you aren't PUNISHED for doing the right thing.
And I'm glad 'Host your own' is easy for you, but for us in the 3rd world (Internet wise), we don't have an option. Trust this forum to defend a broken system.

ironik
04-10-2017, 12:49
I'd prefer a system where you aren't PUNISHED for doing the right thing.
And I'm glad 'Host your own' is easy for you, but for us in the 3rd world (Internet wise), we don't have an option. Trust this forum to defend a broken system.

It seems it's your internet which is broken here... And that's probably why you're being kicked.
But yeah blame the game for this, you're right :)

This feature (allowing the host to kick anybody) has been asked by the vast majority. Maybe you should blame the people too.

EDIT: You still can join unranked lobbies by the way. You will still be kicked but you won't lose points.

Project Hatstand
04-10-2017, 13:33

Great, another lobby with just one person in it - we really need more of those!

Krus Control
04-10-2017, 13:39
Great, another lobby with just one person in it - we really need more of those!

Make sure to make it GT3 so it stands out. So many GT3 lobbies on PC.

ironik
04-10-2017, 13:46

I had another idea for you, worth a shot if you have ping problem I guess : Try to join a dedicated server.

drathuu
04-10-2017, 13:47
Personally im finding it works.

Points - im not worried about.. However safety rating, most of me and my mates are up to D ranking.. we now fix minimum safety rating at D.. and 100 points.. I would rather clean racers who sadly havent always had good fortune winning, than those with U or F and 1800 points. (so they won a lot of races) but cant stay in track boundaries or avoid smashing stuff.

Im also finding leaveing damage and penalties on, weeds out a heap of useless people in practice or qually.. they come race, bend their car.. and leave before race (no fun due to no skill).

Result, last week or so many awesome races, mostly very clean close tight racing - yes afew minor racing incidents, however no idiots.. (given time with C and B harder to get this should work.

Only downside.. (2 people can setup a p2p server) and race over and over and over and get safety rating up.. if there bored.. and they may then have good safety rating with no skills.. (But that would require the tards to put in a lot of effort - and boredom) before they can cause mayhem.. Maybe, just maybe all the practice may make them better though.

RomKnight
04-10-2017, 13:51
Though luck for those clean racers (aka ME :D ) that have no time these days to play so, no rating whatsoever will go up and still have to be stuck with morons albeit I did have a couple of good races ... of the whole 6 I was able to make after launch :(

ironik
04-10-2017, 13:57
Though luck for those clean racers (aka ME :D ) that have no time these days to play so, no rating whatsoever will go up and still have to be stuck with morons albeit I did have a couple of good races ... of the whole 6 I was able to make after launch :(

I feel for you mate ;)
You should be able to reach F / E quite quickly though.
I'm currently stucked at E but I keep faith. :p

RomKnight
04-10-2017, 14:03
I think I'm E .... OR I was. I know that one unfortunate hit from behind followed by a prompt disconnect didn't help me in one of the races but it's been a while so I honestly don't even remember now (for the worse reason possible - read "I desperately need to get driving again" :D )

I was also over 1500 already but I don't think I kept that after that $%#"(! idiot shunt plus disconnect.

I wish there was some sort or ping limit as one bad connection in a lobby "crashes" the entire thing.

m00lean
04-10-2017, 14:34
Since I decided to avoid public GT3 lobbies, I went up to C quite quickly. The "skill"-score is completely irrelevant to me. I consider it a "disconnect"-score.

Project Hatstand
04-10-2017, 14:42
Personally im finding it works.

Points - im not worried about.. However safety rating, most of me and my mates are up to D ranking.. we now fix minimum safety rating at D.. and 100 points.. I would rather clean racers who sadly havent always had good fortune winning, than those with U or F and 1800 points. (so they won a lot of races) but cant stay in track boundaries or avoid smashing stuff.

Im also finding leaveing damage and penalties on, weeds out a heap of useless people in practice or qually.. they come race, bend their car.. and leave before race (no fun due to no skill).

Result, last week or so many awesome races, mostly very clean close tight racing - yes afew minor racing incidents, however no idiots.. (given time with C and B harder to get this should work.

Only downside.. (2 people can setup a p2p server) and race over and over and over and get safety rating up.. if there bored.. and they may then have good safety rating with no skills.. (But that would require the tards to put in a lot of effort - and boredom) before they can cause mayhem.. Maybe, just maybe all the practice may make them better though.

Agreed, apart from the last paragraph.
If people are willing to put in hours of effort getting their safety rating up, then it is unlikely that they are the type of person the safety rating is aimed at. The Crash Test Dummies have plenty of opportunity to troll people without going to that much effort.
But then again - never underestimate an idiot. There's a reason 'idiot proof' is sometimes held as the highest accolade.

I am one of those clean but slow drivers (I had an A-licence in iRacing but hovered around the 1000iR (4/5ths of what what you start with as a total noob!) ) There are a lot of us (probably in our 40s or more.....) so don't exclude us because of our 'skill' rating. That rating is based on all cars driven, and we may be aliens in one series or another (yeah, I wish.)

Miwwa
04-10-2017, 18:56
https://youtu.be/StKbBVyTq04

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:06
sorry but its completely unfair losing skill points for when the game crashes or you get disconnected that's not in the players control why is it fair that you lose out on the hard work you put in to the game

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 02:07
Software cannot detect if you "rage quit" by pulling your network cable (which is what people have done in the past). From a software perspective, a disconnect of any kind is a disconnect.

I think the issue is not around being penalized for the disconnect, but more of trying to understand why you are getting so many disconnects.

Alan Dallas
07-10-2017, 02:10
Same reason iRacing dings you for a disconnect... they have no way of telling if you did it on purpose.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:16
why does it take so many points i won 5 races in a row and 1 disconnect took more points then wining the 5 races and it is not so many disconnects its been 2 disconnects and 3 crashes and combined they have taken over 200 skill points witch is more then 15 races finishing in the top 3 and winning a good 6 of them 5 as said before in a row

Umer Ahmad
07-10-2017, 02:18
I'm not sure disconnect has a direct hit on your Strength Rating, that's purely determined by win/loss. I guess if you're disconnecting then you're "losing" basically.

Disconnects have more of an direct negative impact on your Safety Rating (the letter thing U --> S)

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:18
242097 you can see by the thing that i win and place top 3 almost every race now but losing so many points cos of a disconnect or crash is not fair

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 02:20
Again, the goal is that you shouldn't be crashing or disconnecting. If none of those things are happening, it will punish those who try to intentionally quit by disconnecting or shutting down PC2 via Task Manager to avoid losing points if they are doing bad in a race. The current problem is your crashes and disconnects. If those are focused on, it will remove this from being an issue for you.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:24
yes but its the game not my pc my pc is new and i have top of the line stuff you know you have bugs you know things are still being worked so don't blame my pc or internet for your game still having bugs

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 02:28
yes but its the game not my pc my pc is new and i have top of the line stuff you know you have bugs you know things are still being worked so don't blame my pc or internet for your game still having bugs

Well, not everyone is crashing or disconnecting. Just because something is "new", does not mean it's working optimally. There is more to a PC than just hardware. It's up to you. If you want to try and diagnose your issues, plenty of people here are willing to help.

Alan Dallas
07-10-2017, 02:29
I don't see any DNF's on your screen shot there so it's obvious you didn't disco during a race.
Are you saying your disconnects happen after you've finished the race but haven't left the session?

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:37
no i am saying that i have had 2 disconnects today and i had 3 crashes after the patch its not all the time i have had 70 plus hours without a hiccup i just think having more points then i can win by finishing first in 5 races in a row taken away is not fair i get that people that rage quit should lose points it just seems like a very unfair amount has been taken from me for something out of my control plus on a side note why are there no blue flags in the game ??

OperatorWay
07-10-2017, 02:37
I understand the difficulty (or impossibility) of determining whether a disconnect was due to factors beyond a player's control (internet outage, power outage, kicked by a sore-losing host, game freeze/crash, etc.) or if the player simply "rage quit" to preserve their stats.

A loss of progress for every single innocent disconnect seems like a harsh deterrent that might discourage some people from participating in multiplayer events altogether. It also seems like the longer a player stays in one lobby for multiple races, the more risk they take in losing a bigger chunk of their accumulated progress due to a random disconnect through no fault of their own. That might encourage more lobbies to quickly disband after each event just so players can avoid the risk of losing their progress due to a potential disconnect in that lobby's next race.

Is there a more player-friendly way to approach this (without being too easy for boosters/cheaters to exploit)? Maybe by looking at disconnect patterns over time, perhaps only affecting player progress when their percentage of disconnects over their prior 10 or 20 races exceeds a certain tolerance level? Or something along those lines?

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:38
Well, not everyone is crashing or disconnecting. Just because something is "new", does not mean it's working optimally. There is more to a PC than just hardware. It's up to you. If you want to try and diagnose your issues, plenty of people here are willing to help. i would love to if it means i will stop disconnecting and losing skill points

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:43
I understand the difficulty (or impossibility) of determining whether a disconnect was due to factors beyond a player's control (internet outage, power outage, kicked by a disgruntled host, game freeze/crash, etc.) or if the player simply "rage quit" to preserve their stats.

A loss of license progress for every single innocent disconnect seems like a harsh deterrent that might discourage some people from participating in multiplayer events. It also seems like the longer a player stays in one lobby for multiple races, the more risk they take in losing a bigger chunk of their accumulated progress due to a random disconnect through no fault of their own. That might encourage more lobbies to quickly disband after each event just so players can avoid the risk of losing their progress due to a potential disconnect in that lobby's next race.

Is there a more player-friendly way to approach this (without being too easy for boosters/cheaters to exploit)? Maybe by looking at disconnect patterns over time, perhaps only affecting player progress when their percentage of disconnects over a player's prior 10 or 20 races exceeds a certain tolerance level? Or something along those lines?

exactly this i have had a good 3 days worth of play wiped out there has to be a better way of doing it then the way it is at the moment

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 02:48
Is there a more player-friendly way to approach this (without being too easy for boosters/cheaters to exploit)? Maybe by looking at disconnect patterns over time, perhaps only affecting player progress when their percentage of disconnects over their prior 10 or 20 races exceeds a certain tolerance level? Or something along those lines?

To be honest, the people who have had a good 10-15 races are the ones most likely to protect it (by any means necessary). If there was an easy way, trust me, someone (whether SMS or iRacing) would have already implemented it.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 02:53
ok then but why then do you get so few skill points for winning races that one disconnect can take out more then winning 5 races in a row ?

OperatorWay
07-10-2017, 02:56
To be honest, the people who have had a good 10-15 races are the ones most likely to protect it (by any means necessary). If there was an easy way, trust me, someone (whether SMS or iRacing) would have already implemented it.

I wasn't suggesting it would be the best way or the easiest way. I was only offering a hypothetical example of a potentially more player-friendly approach with a bit of tolerance for rare disconnects, as it's bound to happen to almost everyone from time to time for one random & innocent reason or another.

Alan Dallas
07-10-2017, 02:57
ok then but why then do you get so few skill points for winning races that one disconnect can take out more then winning 5 races in a row ?

Fair question. Point deduction and awards probably need a re-balance.

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 02:57
Asked and answered several times in this thread...

Disconnects should really only be those that "pulled the cord". If you are getting disconnects and you are not "pulling the cord", then that needs to have some troubleshooting.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 03:13
and on the note of blue flags in qualifying and races ?

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 03:17
and on the note of blue flags in qualifying and races ?

There are blue flags in races, not in qualifying. However, blue flag is an "Informational" not a "Command" flag. i.e. it means "Faster car approaching". It doesn't mean "Move out of the way or get a penalty". Only F1 has that type of rule and PC2 does not use F1 rules.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 03:25
really i thought gt3 races would have that as well the amount of times i have been in quilli and have been on a fast lap just for some one to just block me and then spin in front of me its unreal and that's another complaint with the game some players are just so bad they spin and take you out all the time and even tho its them hitting you you still get a safety hit the amount of times i keep going from F to U back to F back to U ect i just hope with forza out now they bugger off and go play that lol P.S i do love p cars 2 amazing job you have done with the game little niggles aside

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 03:28
Things will get better as things settle down. Those driving like crap will stay on crap servers and those driving well will be on higher servers. It is just going to take more than 1-2 weeks, it takes some time for the skill based system to work. Even iRacing had its teething in the beginning (and their Rookie class is still a demolition derby).

OperatorWay
07-10-2017, 03:39
Things will get better as things settle down. Those driving like crap will stay on crap servers and those driving well will be on higher servers. It is just going to take more than 1-2 weeks, it takes some time for the skill based system to work. Even iRacing had its teething in the beginning (and their Rookie class is still a demolition derby).

I don't see how it could get better over time if a lot of players can't ever escape lower ranks due to being frequently penalized for things that aren't their fault. It seems like something that might cause a lot of people to give up out of frustration and shrink the pool of available players for matchmaking. I look forward to being proven wrong about that though.

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 03:42
I don't see how it could get better over time if a lot of players can't ever escape lower ranks due to being frequently penalized for things that aren't their fault. It seems like something that might cause a lot of people to give up out of frustration and shrink the pool of available players for matchmaking. I look forward to being proven wrong about that though.

I'm not a fortune teller, but I started with iRacing back when it was beta and experienced its first few years. So I'm just using what they went through as a parallel.

As the stability increases for everyone, issues like this post will be less so the focus will be purely on driving. The goal should be to reduce/remove the crashes and disconnects if they are related to PC2. If those are removed, as I mentioned above, then only those truly trying to escape the system will be punished which is the target.

TDS
07-10-2017, 04:12
well its unfair my internet dced 3 times game crashed while mid race other 3 times and that took like 180 points from my license in 1 week. The system should deduct 5-10 points at most for a disconnect.
its too much the punishment for a dc, it really is.
Than we have to grind back so litte points per race, its like farming in MMOrpg's.......

we have no guilt for internet deciding to go down or the game crashing... why should we be penalized for 30 points every single time it happens? 5 or 10 penalization points would be more fair.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 05:03
please sort this out SMS cos i for one love this game and i don't want to not find it fun because i worry so much over losing my skill points that i get scared to race online oh and P.S please please put Paul ricard in the game lol its a main gt3 track

snakehands
07-10-2017, 05:04
I just race, have fun and don’t bother looking at my points.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 05:54
for me the fun is winning races and ranking up

snakehands
07-10-2017, 06:06
for me the fun is winning races and ranking up
Yeah, well, what can do say? You need to treat internet interruptions like mechanical failures in real life and not cry about it.

Big Blue Jerry
07-10-2017, 06:19
yeah and if it took a fair amount then i would not be crying but it takes 42 points and a win in a 20 plus race only gives you 11 points for a win and less for 2nd and 3rd so a whole night of racing is wiped out for one dc and 2 or 3 can wipe out a whole weeks worth of racing and winning and coming in top 3 top 5 and that's infuriating to say the lest

GambitTheDane
07-10-2017, 06:57
Posted somewhere else and thought better to open a thread for others to add on, and for SMS to look into it; it's about what I consider not ready for real use rating system

Rather urgent to be addressed, I think, because the more time it goes, the more unfair will be for early adopters of the game punished by inconsistencies in the system

I understand the issue of it being difficult to track "who hits who", but for once, it you can't create a good system just don't do it, second, consider counting incidents in the ranking, a__holes tend to crash more often than their victims... ;p

1. Last night a troll ramed my car at the start, it is monza, you have to break before t1 cuz there is always a pile up... I was sent against the wall flying, car unusable after that, had to DNF, lost 35 pts before even getting to turn 1...
2. I immediately come to fight back; completed 5 races with zero events, finished 11 in 20, won one (first online win ever) and 3rd in another one
My reward for the hard and clean work? I went up 2 points... (It did not give me points for the win! (??)

Any thoughts?

Is a hopless Rating system. I'm a carefull driver, but Quick, but i offen get rammed from behind. My Rating is U1360 and i rarely hit others.

ironik
07-10-2017, 10:42
Is a hopless Rating system. I'm a carefull driver, but Quick, but i offen get rammed from behind. My Rating is U1360 and i rarely hit others.

I'm a careful driver, I don't know if I'm really a fast one, I'd rather say I'm a decent driver. I get rammed from behind sometimes. My rating is D1555 and I do my best to not hit others.

LarsM337
07-10-2017, 10:45
Hey guys,

So yesterday I joined a race... Not knowing what U100 meant I joined. Now I know it's the lowest possible ranking for a lobby. So I qualified and the race started. The race had a formation lap. On U100 formation laps are a complete disaster. Everyone drives like an idiot and bump into each other. So they crash and you drive normally and get to a higher position. Then they start giving you penalties for being in a higher position... At that point I was done and quit the race. Now I'm in the U rank myself and can only join U lobbies. So every race you got people driving like idiots and people bumping into you on purpose...

Norxman
07-10-2017, 12:12
I like the concept for the racing license. I was up to D 1500-ish but I am not back to F after a number of annoying races.

My main problem stems from not usually being the fastets guy in the lobby. I've found that if you start as the top 3 your chances of surviving the first lap are much increased. However me being me and usually qualifying 5-8 out of maybe 20 I have a tendency to get murdered first few turns/lap. That is despite tapping my brake lights to warn/ holding my line through the turn to avoid the cluster**** as much as possible.

Hopefully I will get back up to D again but it feels a bit like a vicious circle.

ironik
07-10-2017, 12:58
Yeah, starting in the middle of the pack is the worst (like in real life though).
When you were D, did you keep racing in U lobbies?
I really believe that once one reaches an higher rank, one should never go back in lower ranked lobbies.

Good luck for reaching your D rating again ;)

TDS
07-10-2017, 13:51
Yeah, well, what can do say? You need to treat internet interruptions like mechanical failures in real life and not cry about it.

lol you are a funny guy, nothing is ever wrong for you, nothing needs fixes, everything is perfect in the world of wonderland kind of guy.

clanky
07-10-2017, 13:55
I understand the frustration of people getting DC/ed and yeah there isnt' really a good fix as the game doesn't know if you just pulled the plug, alt f4-ed, or a real disconnect. The one thing I wish there was.. is the ability to reconnect. I think without having the option to reconnect and rejoin the race then it will really hurt any long endurance races.

Question though, is it a flat amount that you lose from disconnecting or is just based on the elo system? So lets say you have the lowest elo and you dc after 3 laps will you lose the same flat amount of points or will it be lessened by the number of laps you did and/or what other peoples elo is in comparison to what your elo is?

mister dog
07-10-2017, 14:29
Fair question. Point deduction and awards probably need a re-balance.
This basically, not sure how much wins and top 10 finishes, passing higher ranked players and such gain you (I've been doing quite badly so far online :D), but the general trend seems that it's difficult to gain much points but you lose them in no time.

Ps Does retiring to pits after a crash that totalled your car and sit out the race there take away a lot? If so you'll have people parking on the track for the remainder of the race so they wouldn't get the downgrade.

Greg Redd
07-10-2017, 14:44
Sorry to go off topic a little, but can anyone clarify some of the info on Jerry's Stats screen (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54641-why-do-we-lose-skill-points-for-things-out-of-our-control&p=1386464&viewfull=1#post1386464) (for convenient example) that don't make sense to me?

Solo Hours (12.5) and Online Hours (13.0) are also equal, but there's only 1 Solo Race Start out of the 62? What is all that time in Solo spent doing if not racing? Is Practice time included as Solo?
And in terms of Race Starts, there's 61 Online Race Starts, of which 44 are Completed, 0 are DNF, and 1 is DQ. That accountys for 45 of the Starts. Where are the remaining 17?

Sankyo
07-10-2017, 14:49
Disconnects affect the online races of others as well, it's not only about the person getting disconnected. Racing against people who get disconnects regularly isn't fun, and if someone races with a bad connection that lags others can also suffer in their ranking when lag-induced collisions happen.

I can imagine the frustration of getting big ranking points losses when disconnecting, but on the other hand you owe it to other people when you race online to make sure you have a stable connection.

TDS
07-10-2017, 16:37
Disconnects affect the online races of others as well, it's not only about the person getting disconnected. Racing against people who get disconnects regularly isn't fun, and if someone races with a bad connection that lags others can also suffer in their ranking when lag-induced collisions happen.

I can imagine the frustration of getting big ranking points losses when disconnecting, but on the other hand you owe it to other people when you race online to make sure you have a stable connection.

From 65 races online i dc'ed 3 cause of internet/steam "services" acting up and 3 cause of game crashes, i wouldn't call it a liability for others. 5% internet fault 5% game crash fault.

lagging online is a whole different thing to disconnects, and those lagging dont get punished tho

Apoov
07-10-2017, 21:08
Just finished 2nd in Spa gt3. No collisions, all in all clean race. Started 6th. My rank went from D1452 to D1462!!! How bad can this suck... Nice one! I'm trying to put up with all the glitches, non-working ffb, bad graphics, unable to play the career, etc... At this moment it does not bring much comfort that there are patches coming who knows when. Thank you SMS! Looks like a smooth ride ahead... I just want to like this game so badly but at the moment it's just impossible. One would think that PC2 would be in a more finished state at launch but it's quite the opposite. Please show your customers at least some respect.

MuddyPaws73
07-10-2017, 21:35
I don't understand your ranking concern? You got 10 points for coming in second.

Oliver Johann
07-10-2017, 21:45
I just had an interesting race. 12 drivers at the start, during the race lots of people disconnecting so that I was only left with three other guys. Then I got disconnected and lost 40 points.
How is that possible? If I win a race I get something like 10 points, if I get disconnected in a race where only 4 drivers are left I lose 40 points. This makes no sense at all.
This systems needs some modifications. In total I lost ca. 100 points due to disconnects.
My internet connection is not the problem, in iracing I had over 100 races without any disconnects.
I understand the general problem but the loss of points due to disconnects is way to harsh and frustrating.

Apoov
07-10-2017, 22:17
I don't understand your ranking concern? You got 10 points for coming in second.

My bad. Apologies. I thought the lower the number the higher the rank. This is just weird, since I've been going down then in the ranking, even though I thought I've been driving ok at least. So if there's 8 drivers in a race close to my ranking and I finish 3rd shouldn't my rank go up then? Hope I'm not the only one that doesn't quite get how the ranking works. Whats the math behind it?

Miwwa
07-10-2017, 22:17
I like the concept for the racing license. I was up to D 1500-ish but I am not back to F after a number of annoying races.

My main problem stems from not usually being the fastets guy in the lobby. I've found that if you start as the top 3 your chances of surviving the first lap are much increased. However me being me and usually qualifying 5-8 out of maybe 20 I have a tendency to get murdered first few turns/lap. That is despite tapping my brake lights to warn/ holding my line through the turn to avoid the cluster**** as much as possible.

Hopefully I will get back up to D again but it feels a bit like a vicious circle.

I feel you pain there im also not fast but not slow so start around 8th, Im currently stuck a C15something. I have no problem racing around people cleanly but tend to get punted checking up for accidents also tend to spin myself "to much power coming out of the corner". Hate to say it but all the lobbies I ever see are Off, U and sometimes F, I dont think SR is gonna matter much in the long run. Maybe SR should be forced on for all lobbies without a option to turn it off.

martymoose
07-10-2017, 22:44
Pretty funny you tell me to focus on safety rank :) Im actually A safety rank ;) But thanks its a good rule you tell its something people in lower classes should focus first on and allways later on also. I know what i do and i know that first safety then start racing. But pretty booring when players somehow manage to get into E rank where they dont belong

The thing is E rank really isnt that strong, its still early days and new guys will be transitioning from U to S but those that stay at E long term are going to stay there as they arent clean enough to grade up. If you can get to A easy enough then people with the same hours as you but much worse grade must mean they are less clean in traffic.

For me once I got out of U and F servers getting to A was not hard just took some races as I have very rarely caused any collisions. In U servers I got hit nearly each lap from behind but in E or better servers now I dont remember the last time I had more then just a rub so I guess S is likely to come after more races. Ive had 8 hours online and have always been clean and respectful on track in any sims so I didnt think ranking up would be an issue or need any changes to my driving if the system works.

In the end if we want clean racing then you will be looking at B A or even S servers which should be considerably better then E which I find not many servers are stricter then atm. Majority are unranked U or F and I would rather race AI then those servers, its the starting point so everyone needs to deal with these. But getting out of those asap is good for your sanity assuming your wanting to properly race and not play destruction derby.

Ossnott
07-10-2017, 22:55
My bad. Apologies. I thought the lower the number the higher the rank. This is just weird, since I've been going down then in the ranking, even though I thought I've been driving ok at least. So if there's 8 drivers in a race close to my ranking and I finish 3rd shouldn't my rank go up then? Hope I'm not the only one that doesn't quite get how the ranking works. Whats the math behind it?
How I have experienced it, you gain / lose points depending on the opponent's you win / lose against.
If you win against someone with better rank than you, you earn more points than if you win against a low rank driver. And if you loose against someone with lower rank than you, you will lose more points than if you loose against a better driver.
Much like iRacings rating system.

m00lean
07-10-2017, 23:02
Tonight I did several races in private lobbies with some friends. People got disconnected left and right. Their connection was fine. No lags, no disconnects anywhere else. They just got disconnected in PC2 for no obvious reason.
I had luck tonight and wasn't disconnected this time. But in total I lost >300 points due to disconnects so far. None of them were my fault.

Edit: On PC, ping <10ms, stable internet connection without disconnects or lag spikes for weeks - I monitor that kind of stuff on my firewall.

poirqc
08-10-2017, 01:40
I'm not sure disconnect has a direct hit on your Strength Rating, that's purely determined by win/loss. I guess if you're disconnecting then you're "losing" basically.

Disconnects have more of an direct negative impact on your Safety Rating (the letter thing U --> S)

Let's say i win often by being dirty, i could be U2000?

Let's say i lose often, but i'm super clean, i could be A100 ?

Thanks,

Big Blue Jerry
08-10-2017, 01:42
Sorry to go off topic a little, but can anyone clarify some of the info on Jerry's Stats screen (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54641-why-do-we-lose-skill-points-for-things-out-of-our-control&p=1386464&viewfull=1#post1386464) (for convenient example) that don't make sense to me?

Solo Hours (12.5) and Online Hours (13.0) are also equal, but there's only 1 Solo Race Start out of the 62? What is all that time in Solo spent doing if not racing? Is Practice time included as Solo?
And in terms of Race Starts, there's 61 Online Race Starts, of which 44 are Completed, 0 are DNF, and 1 is DQ. That accountys for 45 of the Starts. Where are the remaining 17?

to answerer your question of what i was doing in solo i was hot lapping i was getting used to the car and i was making a set up i don't see the point in racing if you cant even get around the track with out spinning out and causing accident's witch is something i did when i started playing the game so yes apart of them 17 was when i first started playing and i would quit but i have put the time in now and i don't spin and i don't dc and i wish everyone would do what i did and lap till they can race and not spin out like right now i will not be back on MP till i can do 1.48... around Monza because that's the times the top guys i have seen getting so until i can also do that time almost every time i am just making up the numbers and will just be in the shit show of crashes and spinners losing points not going up in the safety rating or skill points

DECATUR PLAYA
08-10-2017, 03:17
Just finished 2nd in Spa gt3. No collisions, all in all clean race. Started 6th. My rank went from D1452 to D1462!!! How bad can this suck... Nice one! I'm trying to put up with all the glitches, non-working ffb, bad graphics, unable to play the career, etc... At this moment it does not bring much comfort that there are patches coming who knows when. Thank you SMS! Looks like a smooth ride ahead... I just want to like this game so badly but at the moment it's just impossible. One would think that PC2 would be in a more finished state at launch but it's quite the opposite. Please show your customers at least some respect.

License breaks down into 3 categories letter, number, and colored bar. I'm a A1507.

The letter is for your overall racecraft some call it your safety rating. The letter shows how well you race. Do you hit walls, do you cut the track, do you hit other opponents. All is taken into account for your letter ranking.

Your number shows how well you race against others. If you beat a guy with a better number than yours you go up more. If you lose to someone lower than you it goes down more. The very interesting part of the number is it takes qualifying into account so if a lower guy qualifies at a track faster than you then you may not lose points for losing to that guy because he or she qualified faster than you. You may actually gain with a good finish.

The colored bar is quite simply your seniority and it shows people how much you play the game.

DECATUR PLAYA
08-10-2017, 03:23
Pro tip: Oval racing is really good for your racecraft rating. Ain't that something ha ha ha ha ha ha

TDS
08-10-2017, 06:01
Let's say i win often by being dirty, i could be U2000?

Let's say i lose often, but i'm super clean, i could be A100 ?

Thanks,

that seems to be the case, but im not really sure.
but u can be A100 if you get disconnects mid race a lot, i can see that possibly happening with some little numbers of people.

snakehands
08-10-2017, 06:48
to answerer your question of what i was doing in solo i was hot lapping i was getting used to the car and i was making a set up i don't see the point in racing if you cant even get around the track with out spinning out and causing accident's witch is something i did when i started playing the game so yes apart of them 17 was when i first started playing and i would quit but i have put the time in now and i don't spin and i don't dc and i wish everyone would do what i did and lap till they can race and not spin out like right now i will not be back on MP till i can do 1.48... around Monza because that's the times the top guys i have seen getting so until i can also do that time almost every time i am just making up the numbers and will just be in the shit show of crashes and spinners losing points not going up in the safety rating or skill points

All that testing in the dry?

Big Blue Jerry
08-10-2017, 07:21
na some in the wet as well mate i was trying to get a 1.47... at Monza in the lms gt3 24 hour but i only got a 1.50.365 i really don't know how people get such fast times but i gave up and started racing online

fresquito
08-10-2017, 07:25
I know it's early days and all, but the scoring system feels like a grind to me. In one of my early races I had a crash and my car turned upside down. I retired to pits and was hit by a 30 points penalty. Ever since, I've only lost points in three races, but I'm still at 1485. I've won one (15pts), a third (5pts) and a few fourths (3-4pts). Last race I ended up 4th, on a 14 grid size and won 3 points. I mean, 3 points for being 4th out of 14? Doesn't sound right to me.

I guess that since lots of people disconnect and have low points winning these, even if they are fast, means I get less points because it's my duty, but still, doesn't feel right. It's not like I have a ton of time to play, but I have played enough games and had good enough results to compensate for that penalty that should have never happened in the first place. But the game tells me I need at least 5 4th positions more to even myself again at 1500. I hope I don't get a random disconnect in the proccess...

boothegoo
08-10-2017, 07:35
Same reason iRacing dings you for a disconnect... they have no way of telling if you did it on purpose.

Iracing lets you reconnect and carry on. Why would you reconnect if you disconnected it on purpose? I think until the game been fixed the penalty should be lessened. This is the only game I own that disconnects a lot (from my own server quite often).

ironik
08-10-2017, 07:38
Yeah but... It's the same for everybody right?
What matters is not the score by itself but your score compared to others.
In chess, for example, top players are around 2700.
Novices are around 1000/1200.

I agree that in a reward approach it would be cool to gain more (or lose less)

Big Blue Jerry
08-10-2017, 08:19
are we going to hear something about this from someone at SMS i think this is very clear cut its ovi an unfair system in place where you lose more points for 1 disconnect then you do winning or coming top 3 in 5 races i don't think its unfair that we are asking for it to be looked at and i would like to hear from a dev about it

snakehands
08-10-2017, 08:29
na some in the wet as well mate i was trying to get a 1.47... at Monza in the lms gt3 24 hour but i only got a 1.50.365 i really don't know how people get such fast times but i gave up and started racing online

They get times like that by grinding out lap after lap after lap on a bone dry track with no variations in grip. They probably don't get out much. I finished 3rd in a rain affected race at Brands GP last night, despite qualifying near the back. Very satisfying to watch all the hotlappers spinning off in the wet.

Jack X
08-10-2017, 09:17
License breaks down into 3 categories letter, number, and colored bar. I'm a A1507.

The letter is for your overall racecraft some call it your safety rating. The letter shows how well you race. Do you hit walls, do you cut the track, do you hit other opponents. All is taken into account for your letter ranking.

Your number shows how well you race against others. If you beat a guy with a better number than yours you go up more. If you lose to someone lower than you it goes down more. The very interesting part of the number is it takes qualifying into account so if a lower guy qualifies at a track faster than you then you may not lose points for losing to that guy because he or she qualified faster than you. You may actually gain with a good finish.

The colored bar is quite simply your seniority and it shows people how much you play the game.

I agree with all of this, it improves the game. But when you get involve in a crash in front of you that is impossible to avoid because too near, you've done nothing to lose ranking. In the same way, you're hit by another one who miss braking that put you in the wall with damages => same punition, points and rankings lost... I think a bit more transparency could be better.

rich1e I
08-10-2017, 10:39
There's so many threads about ranking, I've lost count

M-PowerX
08-10-2017, 10:49

The very interesting part of the number is it takes qualifying

OOPS!
So are you suggesting me to stop bumping into drivers that with cold tyres in their out lap don't give room???

Balles
08-10-2017, 11:05
OOPS!
So are you suggesting me to stop bumping into drivers that with cold tyres in their out lap don't give room???

Yes, if you're faster you can pass them clean easily. Sometimes you loose few tenth, but it happens in real life too. :p

Norxman
08-10-2017, 11:41
As far as I understand it the game doesn’t just care about your grid position. It Depends a lot on what skillscore the people you beat in the race have. So the higher the people you beat the more you gain and same goes the other way.

jojo1960
08-10-2017, 11:55
WTF IS THIS RANKING SYSTEM!!!! I am driving clean but some ..... ram me, than driving again and another ..... overtake me and slap on brake 2 meters before me? Again lost almost 50 points and removed from game.
So really dont know why this system is online when me (rammed) lose points too? i dont drive too much and in 90 percent of MP races are some kind of soft colisions and both are losing points + they are removed from game. Really for this i paid? i want my money back.

Dont expect from me to buy Project Cars 3 because PC2 is totally stupid and unplayable in MP with this f.... s.... system ONLINE.

Big bullsh..t for big money, american style...... cant do something good and working

jojo1960
08-10-2017, 12:53
Multiplayer and ranking system not working, you are punished for something which you didnt do. They are situations that you need to go off track to avoid big collision and you are punished for it, if someone hit you you are punished too, if you overturned while accelerating from curve you are punished. I was racing and this system gave me 15 sec for ... (really dont know what). Dont play MP, it is fully bugged and this system is i think that worst on the earth working system. Lets try to apply everything for what you are being punished to another REAL events - Nascar, F1, Touring Cars etc. In every race there would be around 75 percent of drivers punished. Really? And someone from this team will write that system is working? 80 euro spend on Carrier (so on 50 percent game). Dont know like others but personally will never buy anything from Slighty Studio because they will tell you everything what do you want to hear but reality is another.

Btw: U100 are drivers who are constantly ramming and crashing other drivers, dont worry, you will have this rank too, you just need to give it time, even if you will play normal, someone else will hit you or you make driver mistake and you will be losing points like me. Time will come

Really want to see how someone can have F1800 and with who he is driving, because i think that you can have it, but only in private games, when everyone is playing to collect points and safety rank but not in REAL MP with someone who you dont know. Hit means - points and there are lots of small hits in every GT3 REAL race which are not punished but here is punished everything.

Roger Prynne
08-10-2017, 13:05
Hey guys,

So yesterday I joined a race... Not knowing what U100 meant I joined. Now I know it's the lowest possible ranking for a lobby. So I qualified and the race started. The race had a formation lap. On U100 formation laps are a complete disaster. Everyone drives like an idiot and bump into each other. So they crash and you drive normally and get to a higher position. Then they start giving you penalties for being in a higher position... At that point I was done and quit the race. Now I'm in the U rank myself and can only join U lobbies. So every race you got people driving like idiots and people bumping into you on purpose...

Just stay in the race and don't quit as that will lower your rating.
The idea of this is to prevent people from rage quitting (like when they are not getting anywhere in the race)

nepal roade
08-10-2017, 13:12
As far as I understand it the game doesn’t just care about your grid position. It Depends a lot on what skillscore the people you beat in the race have. So the higher the people you beat the more you gain and same goes the other way.

But it is worse than that. If you are one of the slower drivers and race with a few quick racers and come last. You lose points. Yes you lose points for being beaten by quicker drivers. :disillusionment: Where is the sense in that? And to ironik who isn't, neither is he/she helpful. don't bother replying directly to me as you were the first on my ignore list!
It's a pity SMS do not seem to be willing to listen to all the complaints about their licensing system. And it is not the same for everyone. It works differently for slower racers compared to faster racers. Your experiment in social conditioning which is the licensing system is failing because it is making me not want to play at all anymore, the lobbies are that bad for someone with my speed. And remember someone has to come last! And forget about quoting iracing. I know lots of friends who dislike their system just as much and have stopped playing it. :p

hkraft300
08-10-2017, 13:20
WTF IS THIS RANKING SYSTEM!!!! I am driving clean

^ lol

Norxman
08-10-2017, 13:27
Not sure I can make sense of the ranking system. I have been demoted down to U. I have been all the way up to D. Not really raced that differently. I consider myself pretty clean. This may turn out to be infuriating in the long run since I am the mercy of those racing around me midpack where i usually end up.

hkraft300
08-10-2017, 13:59
...I have been demoted down to U. I have been all the way up to D...

What's it say when you're in the lobby? Because in the game profile menu mine says U. In the MP lobby player list mines at C. Finally.
UI glitch.

jojo1960
08-10-2017, 14:26
Yep good idea stay in race and be hit by someone else and lose more points. And another WMD member who eat all knowledge in pc gaming but not in real world racing. Can you please tell me how to avoid to be hit by someone else, i am not pro driver, just regular driver and dont lose points when i drive normal without make colision from my side.

System which you defend is only simple script, lets call it detection collision system which is enabled in games with points and this system just detect colisions and result from this script is race director warning which means you lose points. To make this system works you have several options:
1. AI - need to wait until Japan will create it and than teach it and integrate into MP.
2. Think and do your job - report button, comission of real people watching replays and punishing people.

Colision detectiom system without human integration cant work because it just detect colisions and that is basic principle and fail of your current ranking system - only detection, missing human integration.

Please write that this system is working and it just need to take time when all will be U100.

And btw waiting for some patch which will corrupt some game functionality because you will release anither version of game like it was in PC1 with force feedback and changes which were made during online race, these changes didnt save but it is working in PC2 magically.

RealFalcon
08-10-2017, 14:32
I'm now F1316 and I'm increasing it day by day. As usual, I started from U1500 >> U1400 >> U1300 >> U1200 >> U1300 >> F1300 >> F1316.. and keep increasing.

I realised that I should not quit races even I'm the last person. Quiting a race = -35 points, finishing a race at last = max -5 points (depends on lobby). Two things to do:

1-)Don't quit the race, be patient and don't be aggressive if some wrecker hits you. Drive and continue the race.
2-)As soon as you get an F or an above grade, don't join U lobbies. Just join minimum F lobbies and increase your points.

ccughostdk
08-10-2017, 15:04
Multiplayer and ranking system not working, you are punished for something which you didnt do. They are situations that you need to go off track to avoid big collision and you are punished for it, if someone hit you you are punished too, if you overturned while accelerating from curve you are punished. I was racing and this system gave me 15 sec for ... (really dont know what). Dont play MP, it is fully bugged and this system is i think that worst on the earth working system. Lets try to apply everything for what you are being punished to another REAL events - Nascar, F1, Touring Cars etc. In every race there would be around 75 percent of drivers punished. Really? And someone from this team will write that system is working? 80 euro spend on Carrier (so on 50 percent game). Dont know like others but personally will never buy anything from Slighty Studio because they will tell you everything what do you want to hear but reality is another.

Btw: U100 are drivers who are constantly ramming and crashing other drivers, dont worry, you will have this rank too, you just need to give it time, even if you will play normal, someone else will hit you or you make driver mistake and you will be losing points like me. Time will come

Really want to see how someone can have F1800 and with who he is driving, because i think that you can have it, but only in private games, when everyone is playing to collect points and safety rank but not in REAL MP with someone who you dont know. Hit means - points and there are lots of small hits in every GT3 REAL race which are not punished but here is punished everything.

I have to agree on this one. Finally got to F and then joined a race..... trying to stay out off trouble. 60% of the opponents think it´s a stockcar race and not GT3. First corner backmarkers going full throttle and slamming into the opponents on purpose. Hit 3 times on the first 400 m. Front gone, suspension failure.... etc. Sucks bigtime.

Jaydan5778
08-10-2017, 17:16
So this happened twice today, my rank was at c1553 before this happened.

In the middle of a race the session gets cut and everyone goes back to the lobby its really unfair that because of server issues my rank is now D1467 im sure its not meant to be this way just thought id share.

Kebabfelix
08-10-2017, 17:46
I think the Saftey system says a lot about a player but the number is not really all that.

I mean I should have been 1700+ but since my PC crashed a few times I'm 1572 now and yeah it's higher than most but still can't see a difference between a 1300 player vs 1600.

Safety rating does make a hell of a difference though, compare a ABC player to a U-E player.

Krus Control
08-10-2017, 18:05
I think the Saftey system says a lot about a player but the number is not really all that.

I mean I should have been 1700+ but since my PC crashed a few times I'm 1572 now and yeah it's higher than most but still can't see a difference between a 1300 player vs 1600.

Safety rating does make a hell of a difference though, compare a ABC player to a U-E player.

It's exceptionally difficult to maintain a high skill rating. A good result for gaining points if you race all day is probably about 50 points and you can lose double that in 10 minutes, and it could even happen at no fault of your own. You're rolling the dice big time every time you race in ranked unless you're in a RWB or A/S only lobby. What I've found about the system is that everybody loses out at some point, and probably a bunch of times. The rating represents that you got screwed and you still built your rank to that level.

Kebabfelix
08-10-2017, 18:14
It's exceptionally difficult to maintain a high skill rating. A good result for gaining points if you race all day is probably about 50 points and you can lose double that in 10 minutes, and it could even happen at no fault of your own. You're rolling the dice big time every time you race in ranked unless you're in a RWB or A/S only lobby. What I've found about the system is that everybody loses out at some point, and probably a bunch of times. The rating represents that you got screwed and you still built your rank to that level.

Yeah it's very hard to maintain or even climb in rating.

I climbed 3-5 points and well did like 15 races and then one race my car flipped upside down, I had not mapped any reset key and could not enter menu. So I lost 30 in rating then. I mean when you loose you really LOOSE.

I think people should change the mindset of instead of climbing to 2000+ just try to stay close to 1500 lol. I mean 90% players seem to be in the 1300-1400 bracket. Some are 1500, and i've only seen 5 people over 1650.

Rodders
08-10-2017, 18:32
Personally I only care about my safety rating and I encourage my club members to do the same. The driver rating as peeps have said gets crushed by disconnects and the like but for me, more importantly, it changes your attitude to the game in a bad way, tending to make you rage a lot more and be less tolerant of the inevitable incidents that will occur sim racing, even in clean lobbies. The safety rating on the other hand is win win :)

I'd like to see the option to switch off driver rating and just run safety rating on the servers.

Oh and from what I am seeing a few weeks in, now that we have started running RWB lobbies at D rating, way less trouble and admin needed to keep things running smooth and you can see people driving more cautiously with the race quality reflecting that. I think it's going to become clear in the next few weeks what a huge difference this makes to public lobby racing. Very excited.

Charger
08-10-2017, 18:32

Thanks for the vote of confidence in RWB, we do like to keep it clean and I totally agree if you want to rank up you need to pick your lobbies carefully and it pays to watch the qualy in the pits, it takes 5 mins watching to know if it's a safe room or not and you can leave without losing points, most people join a room and go straight out on the track and wonder why they are getting rammed, 5 mins sitting there is a lot less stress than getting into race and being crushed in the 1st corner.

We all make mistakes and sometimes they have a larger knock on effect to others and it looks like a deliberate ram but you will always see an apology, we usually have at least one person marshalling in the pits in our lobbies and the rammers don't last very long, we stagger the marshalling so we all get a chance to put a hot lap in, by the time the grid is up we know it's clean 99% of the time.

The disconnects are annoying though, I have lost 120 points in the last week but my safety rating has not changed still an A which it was a week after launch, don't focus too much on the driver rating at the moment as it's early days, over time if you keep up your standards it will rise ;-)

Kebabfelix
08-10-2017, 18:46
Still I wanna make this important.

With all the flaws the system has. It still miles better than no system.

Assetto Corsa lobbys start out like 20 people, turn 1 crash and 10 leave, then a few more and at the end of the race there are only 5-7 people left.

I really really love that you are kinda forced to keep running and I think more and more people realize it's never impossible to win from T1 crashes. Just repair that car and if you have the pace you will win!

Ramshackle
08-10-2017, 19:17
If you keep out of trouble it really doesn't take long to raise your safety grade. I've had 35 online races and just got the C rating. You don't even really need to be finishing that high. Just getting plenty of laps without collisions will boost the rating. It's painful having to put up the bad drivers at first, but once you get up to grade E and D you'll find players are much better behaved.

The formation laps are a complete and utter farce and I hate them with a passion. If you get in a lobby during qualifying and don't have enough time to put down a decent lap, you'll start in the second half of the pack and your race will be over before it's even begun. People just move out of position and slam into the back of you. Most of the time you'll be starting the race with a bunch of time penalties, a drive through penalty and a car that's badly damaged. Any lobby with formation laps on I just avoid like the plague now.

trash
08-10-2017, 19:21

I -only- play public, mostly GT3 lobbies, and I'm a B1617. The system is actually pretty lenient with contacts, I promoted to B class after a race where I started in the back and got intentionally wrecked by the same guy 3 times. I think the key is staying on track (avoiding slow-down warnings) and keeping the car under control. If you do that, even with other aggressive drivers you'll be out of U before too long.

Krus Control
08-10-2017, 19:44
I totally agree if you want to rank up you need to pick your lobbies carefully and it pays to watch the qualy in the pits, it takes 5 mins watching to know if it's a safe room or not and you can leave without losing points, most people join a room and go straight out on the track and wonder why they are getting rammed, 5 mins sitting there is a lot less stress than getting into race and being crushed in the 1st corner.

So much this. I've been looking for lobbies that are in race and not practice/quali so that I can spectate and see if it's worth the risk. Doing this is a game changer and you can spot bad players/lobbies pretty easily. I advocate that everybody should do this.

And you RWB guys are just great I'll give another shout out. Had very positive experiences every time in your lobbies.

Jaydan5778
08-10-2017, 20:48
bump

TDS
08-10-2017, 20:49
Iracing lets you reconnect and carry on. Why would you reconnect if you disconnected it on purpose? I think until the game been fixed the penalty should be lessened. This is the only game I own that disconnects a lot (from my own server quite often).

this, and if you reconect you don't loose the 30+ points only get retired and loose 10 points.

that would be perfect imo.

Krus Control
08-10-2017, 23:05
this, and if you reconect you don't loose the 30+ points only get retired and loose 10 points.

that would be perfect imo.

Also crashers who were disconnected because they got kicked can't join back in because there is already a system in place to stop players who have been kicked from joining back in. If this is possible I think it would be a great system.

jojo1960
09-10-2017, 10:36
I -only- play public, mostly GT3 lobbies, and I'm a B1617. The system is actually pretty lenient with contacts, I promoted to B class after a race where I started in the back and got intentionally wrecked by the same guy 3 times. I think the key is staying on track (avoiding slow-down warnings) and keeping the car under control. If you do that, even with other aggressive drivers you'll be out of U before too long.

We played game, stay on track, being hit several times from another driver, finished race and lost 50 points.......

The Best Beast
09-10-2017, 12:42
An organized public racing is a solution for now :)

Insted of complaining invest your energy in making a friendly community which can organize some racing every hour, every day :)

Than you will avoid all those crashers and you will eventually climb to another licence tier...guess what...no more crushers ;)

Krus Control
09-10-2017, 13:06
Than you will avoid all those crashers and you will eventually climb to another licence tier...guess what...no more crushers ;)

At this time even achieving S rating won't get you away from crashers. The community has been extremely toxic online so far and there hasn't been enough time for enough people to get to a higher rank. Actually I feel like I'm targeted by crashers more because of my high rank. People jump the start and try to run me off the road to beat the "high rank guy". Lobbies that require C1400 or above have super low turnouts. That's actually a very high requirement right now. Most lobbies are U100 or U1100 or so and have essentially no filter.

Franco Ferrari
09-10-2017, 14:13
Quick question, since I honestly don't know the answer: whenever somebody rams me in the back, I get a "Collision warning from the race director"... what does this mean... that I may be punished because some fuck*ard decided to play snooker with my car?

Bealdor
09-10-2017, 14:23
Quick question, since I honestly don't know the answer: whenever somebody rams me in the back, I get a "Collision warning from the race director"... what does this mean... that I may be punished because some fuck*ard decided to play snooker with my car?

In case of a collision, both (all) drivers will get a warning/rating punishment.

The Best Beast
09-10-2017, 14:25
At this time even achieving S rating won't get you away from crashers. The community has been extremely toxic online so far and there hasn't been enough time for enough people to get to a higher rank. Actually I feel like I'm targeted by crashers more because of my high rank. People jump the start and try to run me off the road to beat the "high rank guy". Lobbies that require C1400 or above have super low turnouts. That's actually a very high requirement right now. Most lobbies are U100 or U1100 or so and have essentially no filter.

You have quoted only a part of my text and that's where all of my thinking is misunderstood. It doesn't matter at which rank you are if you join to an organized community which are friendly by default. It has nothing to do with public racing you/we are facing for now...

Franco Ferrari
09-10-2017, 14:25
In case of a collision, both (all) drivers will get a warning/rating punishment.

Well... this looks a bit unfair, isn't it?

Bealdor
09-10-2017, 14:28

In the long run, it's the fairest system you could think of (apart from a 100% fail safe system regarding who to blame) because it doesn't leave loop holes for wreckers and cheaters.

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 14:53
And Franco, less of the swearing please.

GambitTheDane
09-10-2017, 15:27
I dont Think the ranking system Works.

I have been in 86 races and looked at 26 replays. And my skill ranking dosent ad Up.

In 2 out of 26 races i hit other cars and in 11 races i got pushed off the track by other drivers.

I'am what u call a gentleman driver and give space to others and doesn't care if a quicker driver overtakes me.

I'am a descent racer with a good and steady pace. When no one interfere I normally end in top 6.

So I don't understand why my ranking is U1367?

snakehands
09-10-2017, 15:45

If it’s the same for everyone then how can it be unfair? We will all be innocent victims and take a rating hit from time to time. But as long as we reduce the number of accidents that are our own fault to below the number that aren’t, our rating will rise. Race carefully.

Franco Ferrari
09-10-2017, 16:30
If it’s the same for everyone then how can it be unfair? We will all be innocent victims and take a rating hit from time to time. But as long as we reduce the number of accidents that are our own fault to below the number that aren’t, our rating will rise. Race carefully.

You're right... if we assume everybody would like to have a better rating.
But it seems that not everybody is of the same advice.

And Franco, less of the swearing please.

Wilco.
That was a bit of frustration taking the mike.

snakehands
09-10-2017, 16:41
You're right... if we assume everybody would like to have a better rating.
But it seems that not everybody is of the same

Then their ratings will plummet while ours go up.

NineLine
09-10-2017, 17:01
I dont Think the ranking system Works.

I have been in 86 races and looked at 26 replays. And my skill ranking dosent ad Up.

In 2 out of 26 races i hit other cars and in 11 races i got pushed off the track by other drivers.

I'am what u call a gentleman driver and give space to others and doesn't care if a quicker driver overtakes me.

I'am a descent racer with a good and steady pace. When no one interfere I normally end in top 6.

So I don't understand why my ranking is U1367?

A lot of factors to consider with your skill(1367) and your safety ranking(U)
-With a ranking of U and if what you say is completely true, it sounds like although you are a gentleman driver, you do not have any consistency. Even if all of your driving errors are not your fault, you are still going off track or being involved in some sort of
safety incident as the game sees it. I assume the safety ranking goes up based on corners turned without an incident. if you are failing to make 1-2 laps without sliding off the track, being forced off the track or getting into a wreck (not implying any of this is
your -fault) then your saftey rating is going to stay put (once again, the formula for safety rating is assumed here)

-your skill rating has many factors as well. how big is the field? what is the individual skill of all drivers? what was the strength of the combined field? where did you qual? did you have incidents while qualifying? where did you finish and where did you finish in comparison to other skill levels?

many factors to consider.