PDA

View Full Version : [Known & Investigating] Please improve graphics and edge smoothing...

Boedefeld1990
23-09-2017, 09:52
Hi

I like the game very much. Except for the graphic on the standard PS4.

The smoothing of edges and graphic details from a great distance are very bad and the blotting of graphics is extremely annoying.
One cannot recognize brake points (signs, etc.) at all, because they are displayed too blurred or too late to see due to the puffing up of the brakes.
Please also improve the edge smoothing. These are the main criticisms of the game.

If the graphics are improved and also the edge smoothing, then I would be satisfied.
The small bugs will be fixed anyway, but you have to work on the graphics.
The game has a lot of potential for the esport scene, but if you can't see brake points early enough or see signs and details too late in general, it's a big step backwards for Project Cars 2.

Please improve the graphics on the standard PS4.: (

Greetings from Berlin, Germany.

Renoldo1990
23-09-2017, 09:59
I experienced the same.

The PS4-Game-Play-Videos which were released before the game, for example the Algarve-Videos from the E3 are on a much much (!) higher level.
You can see all the details around the track build up just when you come closer to them.
I guess something with the porting from the PC-Build to the consoles went wrong.

General FPS aren't on a good level right now too. I can't read them out on PS4 but i would guess there are around 30 -35.

On PS4-Pro the game seems to run much better.

seb02
23-09-2017, 12:30
here are my first impressions of project cars 2 about graphics : guys, what happened with the graphics on standard PS4? Project cars 1 has beautiful graphics but Project cars 2 is ugly on standard PS4. I hope that a great improvement will come soon.

pimmbj
23-09-2017, 16:20
Indeed, Project Cars 1 looked beautiful on PS4, but 2 is a real let down..

rmboss
24-09-2017, 23:39
Indeed, Project Cars 1 looked beautiful on PS4, but 2 is a real let down..

I just start searching on the forum cause I was thinking that my disc copy been damaged or something. The graphics in the game is like 20’times worst then in PC1. Square pixels everywhere, the introduce video is like made 20’yrs ago.

Is there anything I can do about it or just wait for Gran Turismo ?

mink
24-09-2017, 23:58
Wow, I really thought I was the only person that noticed that the graphics in pcars 2 looked horrible.
My first reaction when I installed the game and loaded it was in utter shock when I saw the intro video
In some white washed mess. I knew then and there something was terribly not right, it just looked so
much worse than project cars 1. I also thought my disc copy was damaged and tried calling to see if
I can get a replacement. Graphics in racing games are just as important if not more than fps because
You need to see into the draw distances in order to prepare for turning etc.

I just hope they can release an updated graphics patch with additional textures and fixes to the lighting
but that might be too much since the game already been released.

mink
25-09-2017, 00:01
It really looks like a PC game set to its lowest graphic settings and then shipped out for ps4, no joke.

rmboss
25-09-2017, 00:06
Wow, I really thought I was the only person that noticed that the graphics in pcars 2 looked horrible.
My first reaction when I installed the game and loaded it was in utter shock when I saw the intro video
In some white washed mess. I knew then and there something was terribly not right, it just looked so
much worse than project cars 1. I also thought my disc copy was damaged and tried calling to see if
I can get a replacement. Graphics in racing games are just as important if not more than fps because
You need to see into the draw distances in order to prepare for turning etc.

I just hope they can release an updated graphics patch with additional textures and fixes to the lighting
but that might be too much since the game already been released.

I actually decide to throw my copy on ebay cause was that bad. The introduce video is milky white, full of visible pixels and I tought is propably cause Im not an ps4 pro owner. Was searching on internet, talks with friends and nothing. I dunno whats wrong but I feel like Im playing in Minecraft or something - white pixels showing on the trees etc...

mink
25-09-2017, 00:11
You know I was so upset, had such high expectations and was eagerly waiting for this title.
How can I not complain after seeing it looking like this? If it can't look reasonably good on standard ps4, how do you expect
It to look any better on pro etc?

rmboss
25-09-2017, 00:21
You know I was so upset, had such high expectations and was eagerly waiting for this title.
How can I not complain after seeing it looking like this? If it can't look reasonably good on standard ps4, how do you expect
It to look any better on pro etc?

My first tought was that they made this game very well for pro and hence the reason it’s soo bad on old ps4. Just dont understand how come this is just affect me, you and other few ???
I have 4k super ultra LG tv, very expensive hdmi cable, and saying that cannot be my devices as pc1 was perfect compare to this !

Im start thinkin again about fault with my copy...

rmboss
25-09-2017, 00:26
I have uploaded YT link with the video but due to few posts I have can’t paste here :(

DoomFarmer
25-09-2017, 00:40
Hi

I like the game very much. Except for the graphic on the standard PS4.

The smoothing of edges and graphic details from a great distance are very bad and the blotting of graphics is extremely annoying.
One cannot recognize brake points (signs, etc.) at all, because they are displayed too blurred or too late to see due to the puffing up of the brakes.
Please also improve the edge smoothing. These are the main criticisms of the game.

If the graphics are improved and also the edge smoothing, then I would be satisfied.
The small bugs will be fixed anyway, but you have to work on the graphics.
The game has a lot of potential for the esport scene, but if you can't see brake points early enough or see signs and details too late in general, it's a big step backwards for Project Cars 2.

Please improve the graphics on the standard PS4.: (

Greetings from Berlin, Germany.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. The first Project cars looks amazing on PS4 and runs great too. PC2 looks nowhere near as good, which I could forgive if it wasn't for the issue with distant details that you mentioned, and the terrible framerate. I'm so disappointed, I'd been looking forward to this game for a while now. I really hope these issues are something that can be improved by a patch, but until then I'll play something else.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 01:12
I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. The first Project cars looks amazing on PS4 and runs great too. PC2 looks nowhere near as good, which I could forgive if it wasn't for the issue with distant details that you mentioned, and the terrible framerate. I'm so disappointed, I'd been looking forward to this game for a while now. I really hope these issues are something that can be improved by a patch, but until then I'll play something else.

We do have some issues with how the AA works on cars which we're looking to improve. We certainly don't have a 'terrible frame rate' though. It runs much smoother out of the box on PS4 than PC1 yet is calculating much more with Livetrack and more detailed physics functionality.

DoomFarmer
25-09-2017, 01:15
Okay, the frame rate isn't always an issue, but it has been pretty spotty in some places. Circuit of the Americas to name one.

rmboss
25-09-2017, 01:30
I have some pictures from the intro video and in the game is nearly same bad

mink
25-09-2017, 03:41
Until they edit, polish and provide a huge FIX for this mess, its very hard to recommend this game to friends.
I think they understand by now that they have to put themselves into the shoes of the guys or girls who are purchasing it.

mink
25-09-2017, 03:48
Having said that I do like how the menu system is easier to navigate and how the game provides a lot of options and settings to work with.
The load times take a bit if time but its not a deal breaker. I love the new addition of ferrarI, Porsche, lamborghini, that's a huge plus.
Pcars 1 had more view options but this is the first time I actually prefer the cockpit view as opposed to the first person cam

HalfMoonRider
25-09-2017, 05:12
I never driven Project Cars 1, but frient told me to buy this so we can start racing online. First impression was "what the f**k is with the graphics!?". My PC is a bit old these days, so i desided to buy this game for PS4, because with my PC i wouldn't got to set the graphics to high level, but shit this was so crappy looking game that my old PC could do the same :mad: I'm ok with this if this is going to be upgraded?? The game really got some potential, but these kind of problems really should be fixed!

m_sahin
25-09-2017, 05:45
the graphics are not good for ps4 better in the PC1

I hope it comes with an update...

Erwin Berkers
25-09-2017, 06:57
Tip (standard PS4): in settings Visual FX, turn down crepuscular rays to minimal as well as sun flare (or disable it). From the other settings I have only bloom on. The overall visual difference isn't that big (your mileage may vary though), but you will get high resolution and silky smooth framerate on Cota, Long Beach, and Le Mans provided you don't run too many cars.

Turning down crepuscular rays also improved the framerate on Project CARS 1 by the way.

Now I am not a fan of turning down settings, but I prefer this solution while SMS works on possible improvements.

seb02
25-09-2017, 06:58
We do have some issues with how the AA works on cars which we're looking to improve. We certainly don't have a 'terrible frame rate' though. It runs much smoother out of the box on PS4 than PC1 yet is calculating much more with Livetrack and more detailed physics functionality.

Thank you Ian for responding. Can we expect a clear improvement in graphics on PS4 Standard?

Olijke Poffer
25-09-2017, 07:00
Yeah, as said before: there are some serious AA issues with PC2. Other then that it is a great game. Just drove some races on Oulton park with GT3 cars and I love it.. No problems with the Ai thusfar.

Dr guildo
25-09-2017, 09:02
I actually decide to throw my copy on ebay cause was that bad. The introduce video is milky white, full of visible pixels and I tought is propably cause Im not an ps4 pro owner. Was searching on internet, talks with friends and nothing. I dunno whats wrong but I feel like Im playing in Minecraft or something - white pixels showing on the trees etc...

Even on Pro, the intro video is white washed, don't know why.

HalfMoonRider
25-09-2017, 09:41
Tip (standard PS4): in settings Visual FX, turn down crepuscular rays to minimal as well as sun flare (or disable it). From the other settings I have only bloom on. The overall visual difference isn't that big (your mileage may vary though), but you will get high resolution and silky smooth framerate on Cota, Long Beach, and Le Mans provided you don't run too many cars.

Thank you, i will try that later this evening :)

Civic
25-09-2017, 09:45
I just want to be the voice that says I would like to see priority given to bugs and advertised features before any Graphical improvements other than the fixs for the actual glitches in the graphics.

I also would not want any visual improvement to come at the expense of a lower frame rate. The frame rate already occasionally stutters so the best visual improvement IMO is for a smooth consistent frame rate at 60 fps and then if it is possible for a free graphic guy to make the game prettier without compromising framerate or any fix or promised feature being delivered as quickly as possible it would be nice if it is possible for the game to be better looking. But even then I'd want flickering to be fixed first, then jaggies. I think the game is pretty already other than the glitches, flickering and jaggies.

The game is completely broken on PS4 so the most important thing for me is they deliver the game they promised not broken and with the features they told us we would have.

KasperVJensen
25-09-2017, 12:18
I just want to be the voice that says I would like to see priority given to bugs and advertised features before any Graphical improvements other than the fixs for the actual glitches in the graphics.

I also would not want any visual improvement to come at the expense of a lower frame rate. The frame rate already occasionally stutters so the best visual improvement IMO is for a smooth consistent frame rate at 60 fps and then if it is possible for a free graphic guy to make the game prettier without compromising framerate or any fix or promised feature being delivered as quickly as possible it would be nice if it is possible for the game to be better looking. But even then I'd want flickering to be fixed first, then jaggies. I think the game is pretty already other than the glitches, flickering and jaggies.

The game is completely broken on PS4 so the most important thing for me is they deliver the game they promised not broken and with the features they told us we would have.

Indeed. I honestly wouldn’t mind ignoring a few bugs that don’t affect gameplay. I wouldn’t mind the bad graphics. I wouldn’t mind paying full price. But all of them together? And on top of that are bugs that ruin the gameplay? SMS really messed this one up. The game is 6 months away from being anywhere near ready.

I even asked on here how I could get my money back, but that was promptly deleted.

rmboss
25-09-2017, 12:28
Dear Ian Bell - closing up other threads just cause you feel like is multiple its only showing me that 42 pound I spend on the game was the worst spend money in my life. Clearly you need multiple threads cause still nothing been done with the matter that this game simply should not be relased on the ps4 yet ! Joke !

Madwak55
25-09-2017, 12:37
Dear Ian Bell - closing up other threads just cause you feel like is multiple its only showing me that 42 pound I spend on the game was the worst spend money in my life. Clearly you need multiple threads cause still nothing been done with the matter that this game simply should not be relased on the ps4 yet ! Joke !

Think it must be your PS4 mate as I've been playing it since launch on a PS4 and a PS4 pro and the only real problem that I've noticed is jaggy shadows. I wouldn't describe the game as completely broken just needs a couple of polishing touches.

spirit75752000
25-09-2017, 13:49
I'm playing on a standard PS4 and apart from the AA issues I'm very happy with the look of the game. The interior mirror is ugly as it's obviously a lot lower resolution. So I turn it off and use the arrows instead. Great game

rmboss
25-09-2017, 13:59
I don’t think Im the only one having issues on ps4 here. And if it is my ps4 why the PC1 was just perfect ?

rmboss
25-09-2017, 14:06

Madwak55
25-09-2017, 14:12
I don’t think Im the only one having issues on ps4 here. And if it is my ps4 why the PC1 was just perfect ?

Pcars1 was far from perfect at launch, it received many substantial updates.
And yes I am getting the same whitewashed intro sequence as everyone else but as I've no interest in watching it it's not a game breaker for me and I've not seen anything like your other pic yet.

Civic
25-09-2017, 14:36
Think it must be your PS4 mate as I've been playing it since launch on a PS4 and a PS4 pro and the only real problem that I've noticed is jaggy shadows. I wouldn't describe the game as completely broken just needs a couple of polishing touches.

You must not have played it much. I'd consider selecting wets when it starts to rain but having cold slicks put on your car a problem and if you hadn't noticed that you haven't been playing the game much. Entire lobbies have had weird graphical glitches effect everyone. I've had massive whit blobs take over the screen multiple times.

The FFB for G29 users goes from nothing at 100km/hr to clipping at top speed because there seems to be some type of vertical loading fault, it's one of the biggest thread here.

How haven't you noticed lap times being disallowed for no reason?

How haven't you noticed the pit entry notification appearing when you are no where near the pits?

How haven't you noticed the low volume or audio cut outs or the engine sound disappearing completely?

I guess you haven't tried customising the HUD?

How about that virtual mirror?

JimmyBeez
28-09-2017, 15:17
You must not have played it much. I'd consider selecting wets when it starts to rain but having cold slicks put on your car a problem and if you hadn't noticed that you haven't been playing the game much. Entire lobbies have had weird graphical glitches effect everyone. I've had massive whit blobs take over the screen multiple times.

The FFB for G29 users goes from nothing at 100km/hr to clipping at top speed because there seems to be some type of vertical loading fault, it's one of the biggest thread here.

How haven't you noticed lap times being disallowed for no reason?

How haven't you noticed the pit entry notification appearing when you are no where near the pits?

How haven't you noticed the low volume or audio cut outs or the engine sound disappearing completely?

I guess you haven't tried customising the HUD?

How about that virtual mirror?

You forgot to add the issue of lag when people leave or join a lobby, which at best will ruin a lap time in qualy, and at worst ruin a race when the lag is so bad it freezes for about a second and people crash into one another when racing closely. Seriously, graphics??? Yeah of course they should be better, we all expected that but they don't ruin online multiplayer sessions, which is what I think the vast majority of people who bought the game care about.
The race director who deletes my lap AND THE NEXT ONE after I run slightly wide (not gaining time, it's the racing line) in turn 2. Graphics, really??????

Flins
28-09-2017, 16:08
Quote Originally Posted by Madwak55 View Post

You're Lucky mate !

I'm on PS4 Pro, and for the time being, the game is just unplayable.
i mean, even if i can do private test or solo races, there are too many bugs to enjoy it !!!! it's Worst than a beta
Even washed effect videos reminded me that the game is my worst experience
we paid for a finished product, not for that !

Model808
29-09-2017, 01:10
I’m experiencing this too. This release is so hard on the eyes as compared to PC1. Every line is jagged, fonts, etc.. Cars look floaty. Shadows are really bad. There’s this weird lag snap thing in online races make you feel like you’re having a stroke (well PC1 did that too but wasn’t nearly as bad). It’s only this game that looks bad. My tv is a 1080 Sony and regular PS4.241219241220

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 01:33
Thank you Ian for responding. Can we expect a clear improvement in graphics on PS4 Standard?

Yes. Quite soon also.

Litusgaga
29-09-2017, 06:55
Yes. Quite soon also.

Ok, the game have to really improve its graphics and PC1 really looks much much better than PC2. That being said and knowing that you are working on it, I'd like to say that I'm very happy with the new car handling and the Live Track 3.0, really impressive.

Congratulations but, please, keep working hard on graphics and bugs ;)

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 07:04
Ok, the game have to really improve its graphics and PC1 really looks much much better than PC2. That being said and knowing that you are working on it, I'd like to say that I'm very happy with the new car handling and the Live Track 3.0, really impressive.

Congratulations but, please, keep working hard on graphics and bugs ;)

I disagree and it doesn't. Glad you're happy though :)

rmboss
29-09-2017, 07:11
I disagree and it doesn't. Glad you're happy though :)

It does

Olijke Poffer
29-09-2017, 07:40
Yeah I also find the gfx a bit lessr than pc1(more AA issues) . Sorry to say Ian but I agree the complaints on this.
Nevertheless I like the game. But I really hope it will be beter on the gfx soon.

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 07:51
It does

Nope. :)

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 07:53
Yeah I also find the gfx a bit lessr than pc1(more AA issues) . Sorry to say Ian but I agree the complaints on this.
Nevertheless I like the game. But I really hope it will be beter on the gfx soon.

Look, joking aside, the only place where graphics look aliased is in replay. We had an issue with our fancy motion blur on cars and DOF causing a lack of AA on the car mask, in replays. Apart from that please run a video or watch one side by side online comparing both games and you'll see the many areas in which the graphics are improved.

Edit, found one for you. I guess it's down to taste but we have massively more detailed and fully 3d trees everywhere and brighter and more accurate colours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7AwFNWKJpk

Litusgaga
29-09-2017, 07:58
Look, joking aside, the only place where graphics look aliased is in replay. We had an issue with our fancy motion blur on cars and DOF causing a lack of AA on the car mask, in replays. Apart from that please run a video or watch one side by side online comparing both games and you'll see the many areas in which the graphics are improved.

Sorry to disagree but there are two shots from the same track at the same time...I think it is obvious that PC1 looks much better than PC2

PC1 241240

PC2 241241

You just have to look at the grandstand at the end of the straight, the sky, the graphics in the mirror...The driving is great, the game has lots of potential, I really like it but just keep working on it. Thank you ;)

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-09-2017, 08:08
Silverstone is awful on PS4 Pro, the jagged white track delineation lines are rather jarring, looks like Forza 3 tbh.

Can't believe I'm saying this... but, in some parts, Assetto looks much nicer than PC2 at the moment...

St4r8ucK
29-09-2017, 08:27
Yes. Quite soon also.

You mean today? PLEASE!!!

;-)

St4r8ucK
29-09-2017, 08:28
Sorry to disagree but there are two shots from the same track at the same time...I think it is obvious that PC1 looks much better than PC2

PC1 241240

PC2 241241

You just have to look at the grandstand at the end of the straight, the sky, the graphics in the mirror...The driving is great, the game has lots of potential, I really like it but I just keep working on it. Thank you ;)

Basicaly for me it is AA which is bad on PS4 and ruins the visual quality of the game. Ian already said that this is worked on and that there will be improvement on this in a patch.

Litusgaga
29-09-2017, 08:40

Edit, found one for you. I guess it's down to taste but we have massively more detailed and fully 3d trees everywhere and brighter and more accurate colours.

If I'm not wrong, and according to what is written in the info of the video, the videos are taken from a PC (and not a bad one precisly...), not a PS4 which is what I'm talking about. My complain is about PS4 graphics as I don't play Project Cars in PC. And by the way, the video was published on June 13th so I assume the PC2 was not the comercial version...

I really don't want to be unfair with the game and developers, and that's why I keep saying that I really like and appreciate many of the improvements of PC2, but with the two images I've posted some posts above I think it's undeniable that PC1 looks much better than PC2 in the normal PS4 (don't know in PS4 pro) for the time being.

Thanks for answering our questions ;)

Ian Bell
29-09-2017, 08:47
If I'm not wrong, and according to what is written in the info of the video, the videos are taken from a PC (and not a bad one precisly...), not a PS4 which is what I'm talking about. My complain is about PS4 graphics as I don't play Project Cars in PC. And by the way, the video was published on June 13th so I assume the PC2 was not the comercial version...

I really don't want to be unfair with the game and developers, and that's why I keep saying that I really like and appreciate many of the improvements of PC2, but with the two images I've posted some posts above I think it's undeniable that PC1 looks much better than PC2 in the normal PS4 (don't know in PS4 pro) for the time being.

Thanks for answering our questions ;)

We used the same new assets for each platform.

Yes, AA on PS4 is already improved internally and coming to a patch soon.

b1sakher
29-09-2017, 08:52
i must agree with the standard PS4 graphics.
Of course, PC2 is better in terms of visuals than PC1, but PC1 have smooth not-jagged cars & environnement edges.
To put it in other words, PC1 feels as of it runs in 1080p while PC2 as if i'm running it below 720p with all the apparent pixels.
This is not only a replay thing.
Photo-mode gives jagged edges, and replays are worst with missing textures, rain pedals and the jagged edges.

Knowing that there's a fix coming up for the anti-aliasing is good, but for now PC1 is more appealing than PC2.

Litusgaga
29-09-2017, 08:53

It's good to know. I'm sure that once this problem is solved the game would be awesome in terms of graphics, I already love it in the other areas ;) I'm really looking forward to this update.

Thank you again.

Boskapongen
29-09-2017, 10:16
Buy this.... ;)

HDMI cable has a built-in anti-aliasing chip to remove jaggies

http://www.pcgamer.com/this-119-hdmi-cable-has-a-built-in-anti-aliasing-chip-to-remove-jaggies/?utm_content=buffercd034&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Olijke Poffer
29-09-2017, 10:31

Perhaps on the PC side indeed but definitely not on the console site. Have you seen Long Beach? Very jagged edges all over the place. I can’t compare Long Beach of course because it is a new track but other tracks do show the same AA problems..
I’m on the PS4 Pro by the way..
As said, I really like the game but the AA problems are there..

rmboss
29-09-2017, 12:19
I never said the pc2 is worst game then pc1.

I have only stayed that in some places the graphics looks very weak.

Specialy shades of the trees and everything realy what is in front of the car from the distance.

It’s all shaking and not clear - in my opinion.

Thanks

J4M35_R
29-09-2017, 12:27

Has there been any improvements to the PC version of the game concerning AA ?

Civic
29-09-2017, 13:10
more accurate colours.

I just want to say this is one of the things in this game I really appreciate.

Back when Assetto Corsa first came out, lots of people said it looked better than iRacing and I argued it didn't. The reason I thought iRacing looked better was they focussed on the important stuff and at speed when you were racing the skies were the right shade of blue, it had that kind of washed out look the real world has, it just looked more realistic so it was much better at fooling me like I was actually in a car on a race track. Assetto Corsa never ever fooled me, I can't do a lap around a track without being annoyed at the graphics.

PC2 has great colours. On the PS4 there are some nasty shadows and a few graphical bugs but it is a very immersive game. Thanks for going for accuracy over the blockbuster movie look.

Civic
29-09-2017, 13:14

How will this effect frame rates? I'm already getting severe stuttering and screen tearing at times.

Aizcold
29-09-2017, 16:09
The thing that bothers me most about the graphics on PS4 is the huge drop in detail on opponent cars as soon as they are about 10-20 meters away from you. When they are close they look fine, but as soon as someone in front of you (AI or human) drives away from you a bit the level of detail on the car has a sudden and dramatic drop.

I imagine this is something that is necessary to keep the gaming running smoothly, but I wonder if it could be made to be more gradual so that it isn't quite so noticeable. Because at the moment it's quite distracting and it looks absolutely awful. I can post a video demonstrating this, but I would think that everyone that has done even one race on PS4 will have noticed it.

I really don't remember anything like this happening in Project CARS 1, so I hope it is something that will also be improved in the patch Ian Bell mentioned. Any confirmation of this would be great to hear.

Cholton82
29-09-2017, 19:01
I have found that by decreasing the sharpness on my tv settings it has improved the look a bit . Might help a little

rmboss
29-09-2017, 23:41
Can you have a look for me what Im expierencing ? The road ahead is blury, shades of the trees looks like square pixels etc..

Everything close to the car is perfect, everything far is blury like on the first nintendo games. I have some lines going down on the sky etc...

Sum Dixon-Ear
29-09-2017, 23:43
That's an in game screenshot?!?!?

rmboss
30-09-2017, 00:28
That's an in game screenshot?!?!?

No those are photo taken from my iPhone 7 Plus camera when the game was on. But that’s the point, that’s exactly how I see the tracks - sorry for going on about same thing. I wish I have someone with me to see and confirm all that.

Like I said before, I have one of the most expensive hdmi cable for 4k (also been trying different ones no change), LG Super Ultra HD 4K tv with HDR (knowing that my ps4 will not fully suport HDR) I have tv set for game mode (also been trying other like cinema, movie, standard, hdr with 3 levels etc)

Don’t ger me wrong. Im always appriciate hard work and I still do believe that was the case to develop the game.

It’s just looks like no-one realy bother to check this out, when Im saying PC1 was amazing compare to this I mean it !!!

I literaly feel like Im playing in game from a decade ago that’s how bad it is.

Hence the reason I was suspect my copy damage in first place.

Im not a forum bloke about games, more about fish tho

I have better things to do, just want someone to help me or explain me why I bought a game from 2017 with graphics like 1999 ?

Thanks

Sum Dixon-Ear
30-09-2017, 00:31
Why not post some PS4 screenshots, taking a photo from your phone is not exactly representative of the game's visuals.

rmboss
30-09-2017, 01:10
Will I be able to share my screen shots without beeing PSN member and without social media account ?

P.s. Why I have those feelings that every single thread on this forum which is not convienient to the mods or WMD members beeing removed or closed ?

Why if there is several ppl like me registered few days or weeks ago just to report problems there is no action taken just some kind of defense all the time !?

Are u realy guys think that someone is post his problem to upset u ?

We all want the same thing, game that works at least ok and under some current standards.

Will not be more simple to just face it and act on the issues then try to proof that someone is wrong when realy isn’t ?

If you gonna carry on like that there will be no Project Cars 3 or you lot will play in one room !

Ppl like me have spend the time to registered here and wait for some outcome
not just the way you guys thinkin of it’s good to re-act!

Im happy to swap my PC2 with anybody back for PC1 !!!

P.ss.

Moderators should not keeping sides, should be there to keep level ! If any mod is defence the game is simply no hope in any of these threads !

Jusy an example how I was treat after defend myself:

Did I deserve it ?

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:08

This is your 25th complaint post out of 27 rmboss. Some telling the moderators how to work and some threatening us with legal action. We've had enough thanks. The game is rating high 80's on PS4.

DoomFarmer
30-09-2017, 02:14
I wanted to retract the statement I made earlier in this thread regarding the frame rate on the standard ps4. I said the framerate was "terrible", after spending a lot more time with the game I've realized I was wrong. The frame rate is fine throughout.

rmboss
30-09-2017, 02:17
This is your 25th complaint post out of 27 rmboss. Some telling the moderators how to work and some threatening us with legal action. We've had enough thanks. The game is rating high 80's on PS4.

Not quiet accurate Ian as this post was 1 of my first ones. So yeah, I have 27 posts and 25 are complaints. That does not change the fact that Im very unpleased - not the fact that game need be improve in very ways as bad as the way you and the high rated members try dealing with it !

I did not threat any of you with legal action, more likely I was threatend with „all sorts of trouble” from you’r elite side.

I just stayed what in my opinion was right at the time. Selling product without info about the product beeing in BETA stage is misleading whatever way you will look into

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:19
Not quiet accurate Ian as this post was 1 of my first ones. That does not change the fact that Im very unpleased - not the fact that game need ro improve as bad more the way you and the high rated members try dealing with it !

I don't want to get into an argument but your post count is below your name and we can read them all here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/search.php?searchid=10624430

The game is rated high 80's and we're collating and improving all reported issues. That's how we're dealing with it.

rmboss
30-09-2017, 02:32
I don't want to get into an argument but your post count is below your name and we can read them all here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/search.php?searchid=10624430

The game is rated high 80's and we're collating and improving all reported issues. That's how we're dealing with it.

Im very happy that you and others dealing with the issues, don’t realy get what my post count have to do with the game issues ?

There could be someone with 1 post have bigger issue then someone with 1000 posts am I right ? Hence the reason of me using edit mode to not make extra posts !

Nothing at all Ian from the simple fact that I have registered myself here to find and force the solution for named above.

If there will be no issues, there will be no my posts, name, threads on this forum.

Is that make any sense for you ? Im not here to cause arguments - Im here to get sorted something what should be sorted before relase date.

Still appreciated the work you all put into cause I know how much effort it’s cost

simini76
30-09-2017, 04:48

I'm with you guys! Unplayable....:mad: (PS$4 PRO)

Olijke Poffer
30-09-2017, 07:57
Not unplayable of course but room for improvement. Just wait and see what the upcomming patches will do.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:26
I'm with you guys! Unplayable....:mad: (PS$4 PRO)

Why is it unplayable precisely? It's pretty much a steady 60 FPS, what makes it unplayable (angry face)?

simini76
30-09-2017, 08:45
I've tried to never mind about some bugs and enjoy the game.... but it's impossible to make a qualifying lap or race seriously, if you cannot recognize brake points (signs, etc.) at all, because they are displayed too blurred or too late to see due to the puffing up of the brakes.
Angry face because i'm feelling like a tester.... playing a beta version of the game.... for free (no, i payed for that).
I'm sure that team guys are working hard to fix all... but at the moment this is how i feel.... sorry for that.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:46
I've tried to never mind about some bugs and enjoy the game.... but it's impossible to make a qualifying lap or race seriously, if you cannot recognize brake points (signs, etc.) at all, because they are displayed too blurred or too late to see due to the puffing up of the brakes.
Angry face because i'm feelling like a tester.... playing a beta version of the game.... for free (no, i payed for that).
I'm sure that team guys are working hard to fix all... but at the moment this is how i feel.... sorry for that.

You're telling me that at 2.5k it's too low detail to be drivable? I use a 1080p screen myself... Let's stop exaggerating guys.

simini76
30-09-2017, 08:53
You're telling me that at 2.5k it's too low detail to be drivable? I use a 1080p screen myself... Let's stop exaggerating guys.

I don't know why.... PS4 PRO... 4K TV....colors and resolution setting are ok.... but the game still have these problems. I'm not looking a 2.5K resolution game....

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 08:55
I don't know why.... PS4 PRO... 4K TV....colors and resolution setting are ok.... but the game still have these problems. I'm not looking a 2.5K resolution game....

I promise you are.

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 09:29

I began Sim Racing on F1 Grand Prix in early 90s. We were able to do some serious qualifying laps and to recognize braking points...

I don't say that there are no issues but your assessment IS exagerated...

porkovich
30-09-2017, 09:39
I promise you are.

@IAN, is there a problem with the AA methond on the PS4 / PS4 PRO. I play it on a 4k TV, and i really see the missing AA on TREES and distant objects. On the car , especially when you have grills, line in the Porsche 911 RS, they are really jugged and boyling which is very distracting. I have tested the 1080p resolution too, to see if the game will downsample / supersemple on the PRO, but the game looks even more jugged. Are you planing improving the AA on the console ?

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 09:43
Yes AA improvments are already beeing worked on. It as been confirmed by Ian himself in this thread...

Source : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51892-Please-improve-graphics-and-edge-smoothing&p=1374448&viewfull=1#post1374448

porkovich
30-09-2017, 09:44
My bad, have somehow missed it on the way :)

St4r8ucK
30-09-2017, 09:46
No problem mate. Quite a lot of posts in this forum last days :p

alegunner68
30-09-2017, 13:39
I began Sim Racing on F1 Grand Prix in early 90s. We were able to do some serious qualifying laps and to recognize braking points...

Wow that screenshot brought back some memories!

torsteinvh
30-09-2017, 19:48
Really liking the game so far, currently just playing around with different cars and tracks to get a feel for them.
The graphics are fine, framerate is solid and LiveTrack works as advertised on my PS4 Pro. I haven't experienced any crashes either.

That said, I did a comparison today between the cockpit views in Project Cars 1 and 2, and the difference in aliasing between the two games is quite clear, especially in the interior mirror, both when playing, and when looking at the screenshots later.
I haven't enough posts to post images or links yet, but the screenshots are available here:
haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/

I used the 'Share' function on the PS4 to grab the screenshots.
If anyone wants to post them, please feel free :)

-Torstein

b1sakher
01-10-2017, 08:51

This is one the screenshots that i took and wasn't happy with edge smoothing;
Waiting impassionately for the upcomming patch :)

Ian Bell
01-10-2017, 08:57

OK, I agree we need to improve the edge smoothing. That's pretty rough.

b1sakher
01-10-2017, 10:58
a link to another full resolution screenshot using the standard PS4, illustrating anti-aliasing.

https://i.imgur.com/NqcUzgN.jpg

torsteinvh
01-10-2017, 11:00
Here are two of the screenshots I mentioned in my post above.
Look at the wires on top of the fence and the cars in the rear view mirror.

Project CARS 1
http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/pCARS_McLaren.jpg

Project CARS 2
http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/pCARS_2_McLaren.jpg

Ian Bell
01-10-2017, 11:00
a link to another full resolution screenshot using the standard PS4, illustrating anti-aliasing.

https://i.imgur.com/NqcUzgN.jpg

You're looking at issues with motion blur mask with DOF there. It's improved already internally and coming soon. We've realised that this is the issue people are referencing. It also shows up as no car AA in RMV, which annoyingly we're processing. Anyway, on it.

Erwin Berkers
01-10-2017, 12:22
We've realised that this is the issue people are referencing.
See images posted on next page, although I remember having seen worse than those, but don't remember the conditions.

Another weird experience is what I would describe as time compression/expansion on some tracks (COTA, at the hairpin) and Sugo. It is at if time slows down, then suddenly speeds up again within half a second or so.

LukeC
01-10-2017, 12:56
Another weird experience is what I would describe as time compression/expansion on some tracks (COTA) and Sumo (that Japanse track if I get the name right). It is at if time slows down, then suddenly speeds up again within half a second or so.

Yes, I had this happen at Sugo today. It happens towards the end of the lap and it happens on pretty much every single lap.

rmboss
01-10-2017, 12:59
Here are two of the screenshots I mentioned in my post above.
Look at the wires on top of the fence and the cars in the rear view mirror.

Project CARS 1
http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/pCARS_McLaren.jpg

Project CARS 2
http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/pCARS_2_McLaren.jpg

Why some ppl still believe that PC2 have better graphics then PC1 ?

Erwin Berkers
01-10-2017, 13:19
Here's a 100% crop (the forum may otherwise scale it down, then it looks sharper). Note that the HUD looks sharp. I have the originals for those who are interested.

I did some resolution counting in this image, which gives 32 steps in 32 pixels vertical resolution (the white stripe at the left along the red concrete). There seems to be hardly any antialiasing, while the screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Aizcold
01-10-2017, 13:27
Please also note how there is a complete lack of detail on the back of that red and black car in the screenshot posted by Erwin Bekers above. I posted about that issue earlier in this thread. There's a very sudden decrease in detail from the car in front looking sharp to the blurry back of the car like in that screenshot. I understand that is probably necessary to maintain a steady framerate or whatnot on the PS4, but I hope it can still be improved so that the blurriness comes in more gradually and when the car is a bit further away. In this case the red and black car is already quite a distance away, but this same level of blurriness on cars in front also happens when they are still much closer and is then very noticeable.

Erwin Berkers
01-10-2017, 13:38
@Aizcold: here's the detail straight in front (100% crop, PNG)

Erwin Berkers
01-10-2017, 13:42
Side mirror (100% crop, PNG)

DeathMetalRacer
01-10-2017, 16:20
Can we expect the issues being addressed here to be patched on Xbox One as well?

Olijke Poffer
01-10-2017, 16:52
@Aizcold: here's the detail straight in front (100% crop, PNG)

Yeah I experience the same very very low gfx... For me it is that bad that I quit playing untill “the” or “a” patch will resolve this.
It is not only the cars but the overal gfx is very low quality.

simini76
01-10-2017, 17:08
Yeah I experience the same very very low gfx... For me it is that bad that I quit playing untill “the” or “a” patch will resolve this.

Me too. :confusion:

Rofas
01-10-2017, 17:13
I have some lines going down on the sky etc...

The lines are deliberate according to them, without these lines we would see severe banding. The overall effect is better with the lines.

I can't comment on PS4 but for PC the lower detail level trees don't get TrSSAA applied with MSAA which is why they flicker more (mostly distant trees). In pcars1 all trees were working with TrSSAA. And some skyring (washed out) or distant terrain (blurry) look indeed worse even on PC.

Sankyo
01-10-2017, 17:42
Why some ppl still believe that PC2 have better graphics then PC1 ?

Depends on your platform, and also on what you´re looking at specifically. Lighting and balancing is better in pC2, for example.

Erwin Berkers
02-10-2017, 06:18
So far I have noticed this absence of antialiasing only on COTA and Long Beach; lowering Visual FX settings, running a lower car count, and a more narrow field of view mitigates this. Other tracks, like Le Mans, keep high detail but get frame drops with high settings and high car count.

All other tracks as far as I have seen, including rain effects, look pretty darn good, and more than I expected was possible on standard PS4 hardware. The team did a marvellous jobs on the graphics, I like the improved clarity it has overall. The frame rates in general are quite good, especially compared to the competition.

Olijke Poffer
02-10-2017, 06:59
Oulton park does not look the good either.. this track on pc1 looks much better..

Mark Bevan
02-10-2017, 08:09
for PC the lower detail level trees don't get TrSSAA applied with MSAA which is why they flicker more (mostly distant trees). In pcars1 all trees were working with TrSSAA.

Thanks for the tip. How can we force TrSSAA in e.g. Nvidia Inspector ?

Erwin Berkers
02-10-2017, 08:09
Better is subjective. I do like the dynamic lighting/shadowing on the trees (as long we don't talk replays), which I perceive as an improvement. In other words, I think it looks better while in movement, on stills you could prefer PC1 over PC2 given the better antialiasing.

I am also not a fan of the post-processing effects in PC2, in the comparison in this thread you notice blown-out highlights; these effects also make the rough edges more pronounced by increasing contrast. I rather change the contrast on the TV/monitor than applying a LUT, GPU processing is better spend on 3D rendering. Since I have the post-processing off, most tracks look already better.

Zenzic
02-10-2017, 08:20
I am also not a fan of the post-processing effects in PC2, in the comparison in this thread you notice blown-out highlights

Can you link to the image you're talking about? I'm interested in finding out what post-processing does exactly in this game but I'm having trouble spotting the issue you mention.

Erwin Berkers
02-10-2017, 10:06
Can you link to the image you're talking about? I'm interested in finding out what post-processing does exactly in this game but I'm having trouble spotting the issue you mention.
It's post #87.

From what I have noticed the post-processing is just a colour filter, or LUT, that improves contrast/brightness. Since this effect is relatively inexpensive, it won't help framerate much, not as much as the sun effects and crepuscular rays that may actually make a difference to perceived resolution.

When you toggle post-processing in the menu it is applied immediately. Especially on bright tracks (COTA & Long Beach) it becomes too bright for my liking. It won't fix blown out highlights totally of course, but disabling it makes most tracks with clear conditions easier on the eyes I found.

b1sakher
02-10-2017, 10:48
i also disabled HDR when playing Project Cars 2. i've found that i have more accurate colours without HDR.
Weird since all other games are way better with HDR than without HDR.

porkovich
02-10-2017, 12:17
i also disabled HDR when playing Project Cars 2. i've found that i have more accurate colours without HDR.
Weird since all other games are way better with HDR than without HDR.

HDR is not in it's best form with this game. The sky box is totally over-bright and does make you feel the clouds detached form the background. Anyway, try to calibrate the HDR (ingame) but don't match the two boxes. This way you can make your TV display less NITS and can make the colors and brightness softer, but still use 10bit colors. If you do too low the image will get wrong, but with, let's say, 15% difference looks great. One other point is the exposure compensation, which i set to 1.4/5, so the feeling of the bright sun is more life like. It helps with the grass fields too.

porkovich
02-10-2017, 12:22
I don't want to be inpatient but what's with the - only 5 bugs, allready fixed inhouse, patch ? Will we get some more info regarding, at least, the main problems - AA, LAG, AI, ONLINE/LOBBY ... ?

mass control
02-10-2017, 13:36
The mirrors on a lot of cars are shocking.Jaggy a lot,no detail at all really and blurry on cars and track side/track behind looking in mirrors mainly inside mirror horrid to look at.Some cars mirrors a little better than most others.Even on Pc1 was a lot better just passible but still not great.This on ps4 Pro even.

b1sakher
02-10-2017, 14:45
HDR is not in it's best form with this game...
Thank you for the tip, i'll try it as soon as i can. But to be honest i don't care about HDR in this game any more, i'm pleased without HDR.
it could have been a solid improvement but hey, i think we already have jaggies to worry about, most of us can't see braking points properly unless we're close.

torsteinvh
02-10-2017, 14:53
So far I have noticed this absence of antialiasing only on COTA and Long Beach; lowering Visual FX settings, running a lower car count, and a more narrow field of view mitigates this. Other tracks, like Le Mans, keep high detail but get frame drops with high settings and high car count.
This is a crop from the helmet camera in the BMW M6 GT3. Time Trial at Knockhill, so car count as low as it gets.
Exterior and Interior Sun Flare off, otherwise default settings. HDR on, PS4 Pro.

http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/pCARS2_M6_GT3.jpg

porkovich
02-10-2017, 15:53
This is a crop from the helmet camera in the BMW M6 GT3. Time Trial at Knockhill, so car count as low as it gets.
Exterior and Interior Sun Flare off, otherwise default settings. HDR on, PS4 Pro.

I was just going to post a screenshot of the same problem with the ugly contour on the windshield, and some parts of the car. The problem is not present on the PC version, i think it's yet another AA issue.

Holblood
02-10-2017, 17:02
Can you have a look for me what Im expierencing ? The road ahead is blury, shades of the trees looks like square pixels etc..

Everything close to the car is perfect, everything far is blury like on the first nintendo games. I have some lines going down on the sky etc...

Dude, what kind of TV are you using???

Lord_Flexington
02-10-2017, 17:03
I feel much better knowing its not just me seeing this. when i first started the game with that whitish blurry background i was like Uhhhh what gives? Idk but things def do not look sharp on the standard ps4. Trying to use the mirrors is a real pain, and braking points disappear like at donnington its just hard.

Pcars 1 def looks as far as car detail/track detail better than the current edition. I know its been addressed. Just adding in another comment because i dropped 80 bucks and im reallllllly looking forward to the game improving.

legacy-8
02-10-2017, 17:26
Dude, what kind of TV are you using???

Rofas
03-10-2017, 18:31
Thanks for the tip. How can we force TrSSAA in e.g. Nvidia Inspector ?

You don't need Inspector. Nvidia Control panel-->Transparency AA->2x/4x/8x

8x might be too costly. I would try Medium MSAA with 4xTrSSAA.

Zotoss
04-10-2017, 00:43
You're looking at issues with motion blur mask with DOF there. It's improved already internally and coming soon. We've realised that this is the issue people are referencing. It also shows up as no car AA in RMV, which annoyingly we're processing. Anyway, on it.

I understand it may be rough receiving criticisms on some aspects of the game (graphics or the controls via pad for example) after all efforts you put for releasing it. PC2 is a great game which potentially could become incredible with some minor adjustments applied here and there (and personally I would like to see a much better implementation and refinement of the pad controls for all classes).

I consider great that the CEO of the company finds the time to actively partecipate in the forum, listening to the community and admitting the issues. Really, Kudos for Ian and the SMS team. Keep it up like this, and thanks for giving us such a great racing game.

Thank you SMS.

WarmRed
07-10-2017, 16:14
there is nothing more to say

Sessionerror
07-10-2017, 16:18
You mean replay rendering vs. actual ingame rendering? ;)

+ no livetrack 3.0 + no advanced tire model + no dynamic weather? All of that uses ressources that I rather see used for such features than some bling bling.

xtraloveable
07-10-2017, 18:01
Hello, I was a big fan of the first edition. It was the best graphical simgame I've ever seen.
So, when I bought Project Cars 2 two weeks ago, I was really confident about graphics. But, I have a lot of graphical troubles (standard PS4).
I experience clipping, anti-aliasing doesn't seem to be activated, shadows are ugly... But the worst is that I see big pixels with colors (white, green or blue). I cannot post links to the screenshots Because of the Spam Protection System of this forum, users with only few posts cannot post links or email addresses.

If you're interested to see the screenshots, i can send them to you.

Roger Prynne
07-10-2017, 18:54
Did you see the title of this thread?

CHEN255
08-10-2017, 00:27
Hello, I was a big fan of the first edition. It was the best graphical simgame I've ever seen.
So, when I bought Project Cars 2 two weeks ago, I was really confident about graphics. But, I have a lot of graphical troubles (standard PS4).
I experience clipping, anti-aliasing doesn't seem to be activated, shadows are ugly... But the worst is that I see big pixels with colors (white, green or blue). I cannot post links to the screenshots Because of the Spam Protection System of this forum, users with only few posts cannot post links or email addresses.

If you're interested to see the screenshots, i can send them to you.

Same as you, really disappointed with the graphics downgrade from the first title. PC1 has a photorealistic look to it, and when I'm watching replays it looks like a real race. I don't know that PC2 will ever match that level of immersion even if they fix some of the graphical issues, because it seems as though the look of the game has been downgraded on purpose.

Remember prior to the release of PC1 that SMS really went on about how good the game was going to look, graphics were one of the big selling points for it. However, with PC2 SMS never really sold it on the way it looks, more on how it plays. Probably because they knew it was not really up to it graphically??

I hoped the sequel would be at least as good looking as the original, if it had have been then I would be perfectly happy with it because the original looked so good. I never expected the step back in graphics with PC2. I'm a bit shocked tbh.

Zenzic
09-10-2017, 07:01
So far I've been able to more or less ignore the fact that the game doesn't look that impressive at all times. Yesterday however I tried the invitational event with Group A and Group 1 at Rouen Short at nighttime. The drop in level of detail and resolution at the start was appalling. The cars in front lost all visual features and were reduced to their basic shapes.

FreefallRLC
09-10-2017, 07:12
The replays have serious problems. First thing I notided is taht the car sound is always same loud in every shot. But it should become louder when approaching and less loud after passing by the camera.
Graphics wise the cars look fine. But the tracks lack some serious amount of detail and love. For example the grass. Even on the Nordschleife the grass looks like perfect english lawn everywhere. Even behind the barrier. It´s a forest. Noone mowing the grass perfect everywhere. Most of the track should have longer grass, bushes etc. On most tracks everything looks too clean. Missing shadows and details make the replays (the track) look lifeless, unrealistic and like a mid 2000 game.

philsen89
11-10-2017, 08:11
yesterday i played some night races and maaan the graphics look like sh*t. Especially the anti aliasing looks like ps2, i swear it. I cant believe that there will be a fix for such a big problem, but i hope for it. The Game looks so much worse than PC1, i never saw such a backstep...so disappointing.

CHEN255
11-10-2017, 08:58
yesterday i played some night races and maaan the graphics look like sh*t. Especially the anti aliasing looks like ps2, i swear it. I cant believe that there will be a fix for such a big problem, but i hope for it. The Game looks so much worse than PC1, i never saw such a backstep...so disappointing.
It’s a huge step backwards graphically and like you, to me PS2 quality springs to mind. If there was such a thing as a PS2 Pro, that’s what PCars2 would look like it’s running on!

b1sakher
11-10-2017, 09:57
does anyone knows whether they improved graphics in today's patch ? (patch 2,0)

b1sakher
11-10-2017, 10:07
Full screenshot (note that it might look better because it's not a full 100% crop)

100% crop (what we actually see)

and NO it's not a replay-only problem like said before.

torsteinvh
11-10-2017, 10:35
Rearview mirror in BMW M6 GT3, before and after 2.0 patch. Tried to match up the images as best I could.

But no mention of this in the patch notes, so I didn't expect a fix now.
Sure hope this can be looked at in a later patch.

http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/m6_GT3_compare_2.jpg

Donnced
11-10-2017, 10:43
Rearview mirror in BMW M6 GT3, before and after 2.0 patch. Tried to match up the images as best I could.

But no mention of this in the patch notes, so I didn't expect a fix now.
Sure hope this can be looked at in a later patch.

http://haukvik.com/posted_images/pCARS/m6_GT3_compare_2.jpg

Nice! Good improvement in 2.0, the mirror before was like "zoomed" and showed the cars behind you really more nearby than they really where

b1sakher
11-10-2017, 11:03
Nice! Good improvement in 2.0, the mirror before was like "zoomed" and showed the cars behind you really more nearby than they really where

Are you being serious ? where in the world are you seeing improvements ??

Maciej619
11-10-2017, 11:25
its just a mirror. Look at the one in GT Sport beta. Half of the track would not be visible at all

b1sakher
11-10-2017, 11:35
its just a mirror. Look at the one in GT Sport beta. Half of the track would not be visible at all

That's true, but GTS have a great mirror resolution and edge smoothing and bad half of the track.
PC2 have a bad resolution/edges and also half of a track.

What's behind you is as important as what's in front of you, and most of us don't want to click a button to see only what's behind.

Maciej619
11-10-2017, 12:03
I understand your point of view. I think I have lower expectations for that. I just want to see the relative position of other cars, without anything extra.
In GTS beta demo the resolution and edges are better, but I have seen cars looking like skeletons, with the driver being visible through the front fender grill, lights, grill. I really prefer the pC2 over that.

CHEN255
11-10-2017, 18:57
does anyone knows whether they improved graphics in today's patch ? (patch 2,0)

No improvement. Even the intro video is still washed out. Also the race damage carries over to the start of the replay still. Sigh.

philsen89
12-10-2017, 05:18
No improvement. Even the intro video is still washed out. Also the race damage carries over to the start of the replay still. Sigh.

Even the intro video has tearing. It seems like the PS4 version was outsourced and developed by an asian indie team, but (and that is the sad part) it wasn't.

porkovich
12-10-2017, 05:56
Why we still have the ugly white lines on the sun protector on the windshield ? The PC version is totally clean... this is super distracting and very ugly. Ether fix it or remove it but in this state it's a joke.

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 06:03
Why we still have the ugly white lines on the sun protector on the windshield ? The PC version is totally clean... this is super distracting and very ugly. Ether fix it or remove it but in this state it's a joke.

That's a side effect of MSAA.

philsen89
12-10-2017, 06:15
The sky looks btw just awful. The clouds are pixilated and there is a grid all over the sky, which gets much worse when the condition changes (sunset / rain)

Litusgaga
12-10-2017, 06:25
I guess they've put all the efforts in other bugs rather than the graphics. Thank you for the effort!

However, playing with these graphics is still annoying and disappointing. I play PC1 for the time being.

Do you know when/if the graphics are going to be improved?

Litusgaga
12-10-2017, 06:28
The sky looks btw just awful. The clouds are pixilated and there is a grid all over the sky, which gets much worse when the condition changes (sunset / rain)

Same here.

philsen89
12-10-2017, 06:40
I guess they've put all the efforts in other bugs rather than the graphics. Thank you for the effort!

However, playing with these graphics is still annoying and disappointing. I play PC1 for the time being.

Do you know when/if the graphics are going to be improved?

I think that improving the graphics will be very hard. When was the last time that you heard about a developer who has really improved the full graphics of his game after release? In the last years there were a lot games with Anti Aliasing problems and none of them got a fix for it. Apart from this, there are perfomance issues like tearing and fps drops yet, so i dont know how sms will improve the graphic quality when my PS4 is running at max power with the current version.

Ian Bell
12-10-2017, 06:55
I think that improving the graphics will be very hard. When was the last time that you heard about a developer who has really improved the full graphics of his game after release? In the last years there were a lot games with Anti Aliasing problems and none of them got a fix for it. Apart from this, there are perfomance issues like tearing and fps drops yet, so i dont know how sms will improve the graphic quality when my PS4 is running at max power with the current version.

You'll be surprised by the next'ish patch then. We've totally reworked how we render things with DOF and blur, improving AA greatly in many areas.

Samsara
12-10-2017, 07:00
There are some things about PC2's graphics that I think could use improving.

Lines appear in the sky sometimes, most notable when conditions are changing (as pointed out by another user).
'Ghosting' appearing around my cars, most noticeable at low speed.
The texture used for snow accumulation on your car is pretty small and the tiling is very noticeable.

I don't know much about development, but I'm gonna guess that at least these things can be fixed/improved later down the road.

From a computational standpoint, it looks like PC2 is upping the ante over its predecessor in almost every way. The PS4 is nearing its 4th birthday, and the hardware within is what basically amounts to an older Core i3 + Radeon HD7850 (correct me if wrong), both of which fall below even the minimum requirements for the game. The big thing I'm seeing mentioned here is the aliasing/edge smoothing, and Ian's comments suggest that there is indeed an issue with this, but, according to Digital Foundry, the game is utilizing dynamic resolution to compensate for increased load, so it's not like you can wish away the aliasing for good. Compromises had to be made, and I'm amazed that the game runs as well as it does (bugs aside). With all this in mind, I think many of you need to bring your expectations down to a more realistic level.

Litusgaga
12-10-2017, 07:08

I trust SMS. The PC1 was an amazing game and also regarding the graphics. I know they are aware of the big issues about the graphics and I believe they are going to fix it.

If they don't that would be a HUGE disappointment and I would really think twice in the future in buying another game from SMS. But I'm sure they'll solve the graphics issues.

philsen89
12-10-2017, 07:19
You'll be surprised by the next'ish patch then. We've totally reworked how we render things with DOF and blur, improving AA greatly in many areas.

In fact, I'd love nothing more.

There are some things about PC2's graphics that I think could use improving.

Lines appear in the sky sometimes, most notable when conditions are changing (as pointed out by another user).
'Ghosting' appearing around my cars, most noticeable at low speed.
The texture used for snow accumulation on your car is pretty small and the tiling is very noticeable.

I don't know much about development, but I'm gonna guess that at least these things can be fixed/improved later down the road.

From a computational standpoint, it looks like PC2 is upping the ante over its predecessor in almost every way. The PS4 is nearing its 4th birthday, and the hardware within is what basically amounts to an older Core i3 + Radeon HD7850 (correct me if wrong), both of which fall below even the minimum requirements for the game. The big thing I'm seeing mentioned here is the aliasing/edge smoothing, and Ian's comments suggest that there is indeed an issue with this, but, according to Digital Foundry, the game is utilizing dynamic resolution to compensate for increased load, so it's not like you can wish away the aliasing for good. Compromises had to be made, and I'm amazed that the game runs as well as it does (bugs aside). With all this in mind, I think many of you need to bring your expectations down to a more realistic level.

No sorry, but this is no excuse. You can't compare PC hardware with a console, even you're right with your description of the ps4 hardware. Games like Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3 or GT Sport and Driveclub are running on the same (or worse Hardware - Xbone) and they all look great. Its not the hardware. But after Ian's post it seems like there is hope for us.

punkdog69
12-10-2017, 08:06
In fact, I'd love nothing more.

No sorry, but this is no excuse. You can't compare PC hardware with a console, even you're right with your description of the ps4 hardware. Games like Forza 5, Forza 6, Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3 or GT Sport and Driveclub are running on the same (or worse Hardware - Xbone) and they all look great. Its not the hardware. But after Ian's post it seems like there is hope for us.

All this games are arcade style games and dont have to do the mass of physics calculations in the background, so in my opinion you can not compaire it with pc2.
But neverless I think SMS will provide us the best graphics on the ps4 that will be possible with all the calculations running parallel.
On my Pro the graphics is absolute acceptable after the patch.

BL1TZ_U
12-10-2017, 11:13
I think rather than adding other stuff to try improve like the downshift limiter you should add a better system for gamers who want to create leagues or cups with 4 or 6 races included instead keep going back to lobby and sort the lag out which is still ridiculous and annoys any racer.

kierownik
12-10-2017, 13:23
Well I have to admit... I tried a demo of Gran Tourismo Sport and jeeezzzz... GTS looks soo much better than PC2. GTS runs flawlessly all the time, graphics are smooth and beautiful, it looks like a proper next gen game! On the other hand we have PC2, at times it looks more like a PS3, fps drops, nonexistent antialiasing. I just hope they improve it asap because I prefer the feel of PC2 over GTS.

legacy-8
12-10-2017, 14:45
Well I have to admit... I tried a demo of Gran Tourismo Sport and jeeezzzz... GTS looks soo much better than PC2. GTS runs flawlessly all the time, graphics are smooth and beautiful, it looks like a proper next gen game! On the other hand we have PC2, at times it looks more like a PS3, fps drops, nonexistent antialiasing. I just hope they improve it asap because I prefer the feel of PC2 over GTS.

GT Sport is like having the fittest girl in the world but not being able to go out and do anything with her, not even a kiss! A tad boring

PC2 is like having a nice looking girl that is fun, does anything you want and although a bit naggy at times, is a blast to be with, and extremely satisfying!

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 14:56
Can someone from SMS come on here and tell us what you are going to do about the awful graphics on ps4? It seems you have got most correct now with updates but the graphics are hideous and not acceptable.
I bet you anything SMS used the same engine (which looks way better on PC1) and added so much content the graphics engine cant now handle having better visuals. You have gone BACKWARDS SMS!!

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 15:00
Ian, are you talking about patch 2.0? Because it still looks awful if you are.

Grijo
12-10-2017, 15:02
Can someone from SMS come on here and tell us what you are going to do about the awful graphics on ps4? It seems you have got most correct now with updates but the graphics are hideous and not acceptable.
I bet you anything SMS used the same engine (which looks way better on PC1) and added so much content the graphics engine cant now handle having better visuals. You have gone BACKWARDS SMS!!

I agree about the graphics. But I think it's not the same engine, it's a completely new one. If you're in PS4, change the plataform in your profile.

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 15:03
I would rather change my beer to 17 more on friday nights....

b1sakher
12-10-2017, 15:09
Talking only about the standard PS4, and not the pro:

Ok let's be honest here, GTS does NOT look as much as some are saying, i've tested it.
It looks incredible on replays and pits. Photo mode is nice AFTER you take the picture only. ( Note that i'm not talking about Scapes).
Also, you should keep in mind the amount of details in Project Cars 2 surpasse by FAR gran turismo, and i'm talking here about what's under the hood (physics, tyre model ...) and also Live track 3.0

GTS have jaggies also, not as much as PC2 for now but that will be fixed for PC2. The rear mirror on GTS also suffers from low details but there's only so much we can do with current hardware.
As far as i see it, SMS did push the optimisation on consoles to the limit, and still are adding new features. If you think about all what's running in parallel in this sim you'll understand that what they offered is an achievement by itself so far.

b1sakher
12-10-2017, 15:09

It's clear that he wasn't. Future patches.

gimmick73
12-10-2017, 15:10

I’m looking forward to it. Thank you for your diligent work on the patches. Your effort is rewarding my investment in your product. pCars 2 is the best racing sim out there!

legacy-8
12-10-2017, 15:13
I suggest looking into your TV/screen settings, as on mine, they look incredible, especially the cockpits!

Yes, the AA could do with some work, along with pop up and/or draw distance, but overall it looks great. Thing is, look at the PC version, no pop ups or anything. There has to be some kind of limit these guys face when porting to console, we surely can't have everything!

Running on PS4 Pro

Aizcold
12-10-2017, 15:13
He obviously isn't. He posted today and talked about next'ish patch. That can't mean the current patch.

Gix916
12-10-2017, 15:16
I would rather change my beer to 17 more on friday nights....

if you have 17 beers tomorrow night your graphics are going to look a lot worse...

b1sakher
12-10-2017, 15:20
This has already been discussed, and SMS already reworked the DOF and AA. Coming in next patches.
Even though i understand what you're talking about (AA,jaggies...) i don't agree with you regarding Madness engine and the awful part.
Project Cars 2 is a step forward in graphics comparing to PC1, but suffers only from AA THAT WILL BE FIXED.

RomKnight
12-10-2017, 16:05
GT Sport is like having the fittest girl in the world but not being able to go out and do anything with her, not even a kiss! A tad boring

PC2 is like having a nice looking girl that is fun, does anything you want and although a bit naggy at times, is a blast to be with, and extremely satisfying!

PERFECT :D :D :D :D

Aldo Zampatti
12-10-2017, 16:09

So basically I'm married to ProjectCARS2? :)

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 16:11
This has already been discussed, and SMS already reworked the DOF and AA. Coming in next patches.
Even though i understand what you're talking about (AA,jaggies...) i don't agree with you regarding Madness engine and the awful part.
Project Cars 2 is a step forward in graphics comparing to PC1, but suffers only from AA THAT WILL BE FIXED.

Excellent news if thats correct, although saying pc2 looks better than pc1, i really am left open mouthed.

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 16:13
I suggest looking into your TV/screen settings, as on mine, they look incredible, especially the cockpits!

Yes, the AA could do with some work, along with pop up and/or draw distance, but overall it looks great. Thing is, look at the PC version, no pop ups or anything. There has to be some kind of limit these guys face when porting to console, we surely can't have everything!

Running on PS4 Pro

Thats what i said! The engine cannot cope on console, but if your telling me the ps4 can make driveclub and the xbox one can make forza 7 and "pc2 is a limitation of the console", i would surely have to walk away from you laughing sir.

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 16:15
He obviously isn't. He posted today and talked about next'ish patch. That can't mean the current patch.

Do you sit here all day and give stupid answers to questions that arent directed to you?

legacy-8
12-10-2017, 16:15
Thats what i said! The engine cannot cope on console, but if your telling me the ps4 can make driveclub and the xbox one can make forza 7 and "pc2 is a limitation of the console", i would surely have to walk away from you laughing sir.

lol....Driveclub. Again, a pretty game with no substance!

It's more than just looks, look how deep PC2 is! The handling model, the living environments, the extensive car set ups, all I'm saying is you can't have it all....on console! Yes, you can get close, but they are of course limited

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 16:24
Threads merged.

Zenzic
12-10-2017, 16:32
Do you sit here all day and give stupid answers to questions that arent directed to you?

You set the benchmark with your previous post, bud.

If you can't handle people chiming in you shouldn't be posting on a public forum.

Civic
12-10-2017, 21:39
Sometimes I think I must be playing a different game to other people as my experience seems so different to others.

I now have a PS4 and PS4 Pro and this morning I've been playing on the PS4 Pro. I don't understand the complaints. Yes GTS looks better but I still think PC2 looks great. I never expected PC2 to look better than GTS.

Things I don't like about the way PC2 looks. I don't like the washed out look of the intro video.

I don't like the trees. Perhaps they are a better technology, IDK but IMO they are the worst looking trees in any modern sim racing title.

The washed out intro is disappointing but nothing about gameplay even with trees I don't prefer I have no complaints about the way the game looks. I really do think people have unrealistic expectations and seem to expect every new game to set a new benchmark in photo realism. IMO PC2 looks good enough.

EDIT: There is something I think looks terrible in the game. The menu graphics are really bad IMO.

projectnoob
12-10-2017, 21:45
You set the benchmark with your previous post, bud.

If you can't handle people chiming in you shouldn't be posting on a public forum.

Now your being a joke, cut the personal crap "bud" and get a life. I am here to make a point about the poor graphics in pc2, no one needs you to answer a question to get famous, that i asked Ian Bell about nicely. Next time you go into a shop and ask for a loaf of bread, be sure there isnt a little man sitting near the window saying "why do you want bread".

ferrarienzo
12-10-2017, 23:45
In game actually doesn't look bad (on ps4 pro 4k hdr)... but some menu backgrounds are damn ugly. A good example off this is under career > go to progress and settings and see career settings, the background looks like it has some serious colour banding issues. Not sure if its just me. (no amount of fiddling with tv settings fixes this mess.. only turning off HDR fixes it slightly.)

Zenzic
13-10-2017, 06:59
Now your being a joke, cut the personal crap "bud" and get a life. I am here to make a point about the poor graphics in pc2, no one needs you to answer a question to get famous, that i asked Ian Bell about nicely. Next time you go into a shop and ask for a loaf of bread, be sure there isnt a little man sitting near the window saying "why do you want bread".

I'm not your buddy, friend. Treat people nicely and they'll return the favor.

jubamad
13-10-2017, 09:43
I have a PS4 standard version and a 1080 LED TV. Graphics in game look similar or worse than PC1. When I got PC2 and saw it for the first time, I thought "Oh well, I'll have to get a PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR TV to make it better!" But then I played GTS and wow! What a difference! It's much much better. Photorealistic.

So I wonder why are the PC2 graphics so bad? Edges are jagged, far objects are quite blurry and pixelated. I understand PC2 has a lot more going on behind the scenes than GTS, but come on, it looks like they rushed to get this game out before GTS/xmas perhaps?? IMO it's 75% there. Still lots to fix and improve.

I doubt they will ever fix/patch the bad graphics.

I'm going to give PC2 a last go this weekend, then I'll return it and wait for GTS.

Olijke Poffer
13-10-2017, 09:45
I have a PS4 standard version and a 1080 LED TV. Graphics in game look similar or worse than PC1. When I got PC2 and saw it for the first time, I thought "Oh well, I'll have to get a PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR TV to make it better!" But then I played GTS and wow! What a difference! It's much much better. Photorealistic.

So I wonder why are the PC2 graphics so bad? Edges are jagged, far objects are quite blurry and pixelated. I understand PC2 has a lot more going on behind the scenes than GTS, but come on, it looks like they rushed to get this game out before GTS/xmas perhaps?? IMO it's 75% there. Still lots to fix and improve.

I doubt they will ever fix/patch the bad graphics.

I'm going to give PC2 a last go this weekend, then I'll return it and wait for GTS.

Because there is much more under the hood than in GTS. All the power needed to calculate all kinds of things are not needed in GTS so they can use that power to up the GFX..

solocapers
13-10-2017, 09:52
Because there is much more under the hood than in GTS. All the power needed to calculate all kinds of things are not needed in GTS so they can use that power to up the GFX..

While partly true I dont think thats the full story. Could it be that PD simply have larger resources in terms of devs working on it and are able to tailor the experience straight for the PS4 rather than multiple platforms like SMS?

GTS has a much bigger online field atleast on PS4 while keeping that dazzling GFX going.

I think its fair to say its never expected to reach GTS levels of shine given how this is regarded as a pure sim, and thats fine however the jaggies, poor rain windshield effects and the 16 bit mirrors are pretty telling that the underlying physics is not the only reason GTS looks so much better. Its a bugger of a balancing act im sure.

Olijke Poffer
13-10-2017, 10:00
While partly true I dont think thats the full story. Could it be that PD simply have larger resources in terms of devs working on it and are able to tailor the experience straight for the PS4 rather than multiple platforms like SMS?

GTS has a much bigger online field atleast on PS4 while keeping that dazzling GFX going.

I think its fair to say its never expected to reach GTS levels of shine given how this is regarded as a pure sim, and thats fine however the jaggies, poor rain windshield effects and the 16 bit mirrors are pretty telling that the underlying physics is not the only reason GTS looks so much better.
I can’t tell which is true. I think SMS is capable enough in programming.

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 10:00
Yes, of Course!

PD ist a 1st Party Developer from Sony. Much more ressources! And yes also only 1 Platform which gives more Time for Optimisations.

But yes, the "Sim" in GTS is not that much.

No Dynamic Weather to sync / No Live Track to sync / No Time of Day to Sync and i could go on and on...

Not saying that GTS isn't impressive in Terms of Graphics, but i am sure that pCars could look the same IF it would Need only to Simulate what GTS simulates...

solocapers
13-10-2017, 10:11
Yea, most of that is reasonable and totally understandable. Just hoping that the jaggies etc get fixed to atleast bring it back up to PCars 1 standards which IMO.. looks better in places and maybe a new more dynamic looking rain effect on the windshield would be nice too as it doesnt really look that good just now.

Its hard to say this game looks bad so those picking GT Sport over it purely for the graphics is a bit odd..

stephensmattlee
13-10-2017, 11:07
Apologies if this has already been reported but has anyone noticed the dark shadow-y outline around the cars when in chase-cam/3rd person view (as well as some other views ie bonnet cam on the F1/Indy Cars)?

Just makes them look very disjointed from the surroundings and backgrounds. Sadly never played PC1 on PS4 so not sure if this was also the case on the previous game.

Many thanks

simini76
15-10-2017, 07:03
Am i alone or someone think the graphics doesn't improve whit the 2.0 patch?
Backgroud and mirrors unwatchable.... pixels big like J.Lo ass everywhere ..... anti aliasing filter doesn't work.
Is this a Minecraft's PC2 edition?!
Maybe my mistake....something wrong with my PS4 Pro..... my 4K tv..... i don't know but i'm so frustrated:uncomfortableness:

jubamad
15-10-2017, 08:24
Apologies if this has already been reported but has anyone noticed the dark shadow-y outline around the cars when in chase-cam/3rd person view (as well as some other views ie bonnet cam on the F1/Indy Cars)?

Just makes them look very disjointed from the surroundings and backgrounds. Sadly never played PC1 on PS4 so not sure if this was also the case on the previous game.

Many thanks

Yes same for me.

This game totally lost its greatness for me. Regarding its poor graphics and poor FFB accuracy for G29, I believe it was a rushed release.