PDA

View Full Version : Winter driving is horrible, please fix it.

GrindbotXL
23-09-2017, 11:01
I had fun with this game until i played my first winter stage.

Career: Group A: BMW M3: Bathurst.

Im playing with the dual shock 4 controller and ive tried with assists both on and off, the car just spins and all opponents roam past you with super traction.

The game has gone from a solid 10 to a 0 for me because its unplayable in winter conditions.

I have tried more winter stages in quick play with other cars and its absolutely horrible, please fix this, its not even fun to play the game as long as it behaves like this.

Unplayable at least with Dual Shock.

Donnced
23-09-2017, 11:04
I didn't have problems on it neither with DS4 or with a wheel...
Put heat in your tyres, play with camber settings and tyre pressures.
It's a sim,and in winter a track is real cold and slippery with slicks

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 12:01
I also had problems with it, tried it multiple times. Maybe they should have went with a difficulty option. Im no expert sim racer that can control a car on ice.

Madwak55
23-09-2017, 12:05
I also had problems with it, tried it multiple times. Maybe they should have went with a difficulty option. Im no expert sim racer that can control a car on ice.

Did you fit the studded ice tyres?

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 12:12
Did you fit the studded ice tyres?

Yes i changed them to ice tires but to no avail, something feels incredibly of when playing with the controller on ice, even tried the settings posted in the settings thread

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 12:31
I think this one is bugged in the career, i just did a practice lap on the same track with the same car with the ice tires and now i find its much eaier. Really weird

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 16:49
Did some further testing but ice driving is definitely bugged in the career mode, tested it on different AI settings too but even on the easiest AI setting the AI drives like they are on a normal road while me cant control the car at all. Now when doing test a track mode instead of career i have no problem at all controlling the car on ice. So yeah its bugged

Nint
23-09-2017, 17:02
Same problem here, even on Xbox. The BMW is just undrivable...

Patrickb1973
23-09-2017, 17:45
Same problem here, even on Xbox. The BMW is just undrivable...

Not just the BMW, for some reason career mode messes a lot up

GrindbotXL
24-09-2017, 00:06
Well im glad im not the only one with problems, its specifically this BMW that have serious issues in a winter setting, its not possible to manage a lap with this car in snow, if you go easy on the throttle it just skids of the road after a while and you are unable to control where you are heading. I have tried Lamborghini Huracan in the same setting in quickplay and i had no problem at all getting around the course.
Some cars simply skids to much in a winter setting and i hope they can fix it to normalize it somehow, because in a real world setting if you equip ice tyres you dont skid of the road as soon as you put some pressure on the gas pedal.

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 00:55
Well im glad im not the only one with problems, its specifically this BMW that have serious issues in a winter setting, its not possible to manage a lap with this car in snow, if you go easy on the throttle it just skids of the road after a while and you are unable to control where you are heading. I have tried Lamborghini Huracan in the same setting in quickplay and i had no problem at all getting around the course.
Some cars simply skids to much in a winter setting and i hope they can fix it to normalize it somehow, because in a real world setting if you equip ice tyres you dont skid of the road as soon as you put some pressure on the gas pedal.

My point exactly

GrindbotXL
24-09-2017, 04:58
One way to fix this is if the devs remake Stability Control, when enabling stability control on wintery surfaces now, the car waggles to the left and right like a pendulum when STC kicks in, why not remake stability control to always outline the car, then you would always have maximum traction even on icy roads, it would make for a more boring experience but it would also ensure you get around the track, because ice road stages are absolutely horrible as they are now. Another way to fix it is to make icy tracks less skiddy but give more wheelspin instead it would be way better than what it is now.

GrindbotXL
24-09-2017, 12:59
And after trying Formula C with stability control enabled i can say that the aid is very poorly implemented into the game, when turning the car it chugs and loses a bit of speed to boot, its like the devs dont want you to play with a controller at all or with any aids turned on.

GtAce36
24-09-2017, 13:59
It’s funny how people jump to the defence of the game despite it being a clear issue.
Mercedes Benz proving ground is another that’s an ice race and you have no chance ..

Patrickb1973
24-09-2017, 19:37
So i received the manufacturer invitational for mercedes went to proving grounds had to drive on ice but it simply aint drivable man, terrible control.

Rivnat
08-10-2017, 21:33
So i received the manufacturer invitational for mercedes went to proving grounds had to drive on ice but it simply aint drivable man, terrible control.

It’s funny how people jump to the defence of the game despite it being a clear issue.
Mercedes Benz proving ground is another that’s an ice race and you have no chance ..

Just tried doing it, yeah, it's basically impossible. Even tried turning all assists on, no grip at all.

LukeC
08-10-2017, 22:20
I thought this was already a known bug, which they intend to fix in the next patch.