PDA

View Full Version : Games slowes down if to many AI picked (no bug I think)

Psychomatrix
23-09-2017, 11:37
This is no bug because it seems that Xbox one can not handle that much AI than the game offers. So if you chose to much AI lap times growing because the game runs slower. One example Silverstone national touring cars with 26 AI I drive 1:07 with 15 1:00. So if anyone notice this it was the same in pcars 1. Even on a low spec PC you can't run the highest AI numbers. It's a bit sad that whe must figure it out by ourselves. With 32 AI in Indy I'm 10 seconds slower. It's no bug it's seem that Xbox one version can't run on full speed unlimited AI. How much must figured out by yourself.

MaximusN
23-09-2017, 11:45
Wait, are you saying you can be following an AI car and end up with a different laptime? I think I have that on my PC version too. I go out of the pits, run with or overtake AI and end up smack bottom of the times. after my first timed lap. It was only at some events but still.

kevin kirk
23-09-2017, 13:41
my guess is he means the game feels to be moving in slow motion. In the last game to many cars on the grid, to many and to fast weather slots and to fast of time duration SOMETIMES caused everything to be in slow motion. For me, any of those things would make the open wheel cars seems like they were crawling in slow motion. Both me and the AI cars. Then by simply lowering the grid to 22, the gameplay would be great. I havnt seen this yet in pcars 2.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 13:50
I did an almost identical comparison between a 24 car field of GT3s in the Z4 GT3 at the Dubai Autodrome GP. PCARS1, my best laptime was a 2:01...in PCARS2 with the same car, same conditions, best laptime was a 2:10.

Ultimately I'm not sure how much it really affects the racing though (locally, at least). Sure I was going slower than PC1, but I didn't really feel it while driving. I basically just got to the end of the race and said wow, that was slower than I thought.

Maybe devs can eke out some further optimizations to improve things a bit, but I wouldn't expect any miracles.

*edit* Also, how much of that time difference is due to the new tire model, Live track 3.0, etc? Maybe 2:10 is a more realistic time? I've obviously never driven the track in real life, so who knows? But like I said, there wasn't an obvious sensation of going slow or things bogging down...it's just that the end result was different.

MaximusN
23-09-2017, 13:50
my guess is he means the game feels to be moving in slow motion. In the last game to many cars on the grid, to many and to fast weather slots and to fast of time duration SOMETIMES caused everything to be in slow motion. For me, any of those things would make the open wheel cars seems like they were crawling in slow motion. Both me and the AI cars. Then by simply lowering the grid to 22, the gameplay would be great. I havnt seen this yet in pcars 2.

Yes, but if the timing still is at normal speed, that would lead to his times being slower than usual. And if the AI doesn't have this discrepancy that would lead to being able to follow an AI corner for corner, but getting a much slower time. And that last thing is what I noticed, keeping up with the AI and ending up at the bottom of the list. I'm going to test to see if it's true or not :)