PDA

View Full Version : Recommended settings for Fanatec CSL wheel base (for kids & adults)?

RaiMotorsports
23-09-2017, 11:58
I am using Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals and keep having difficulty with finding good settings.

Especially the wheel seems hard to turn no matter what i try, requiring way too much force to turn for the junior.

What kind of settings would you recommend for small kids (born 2010) and for adults and how would you change between them?

wippy
23-09-2017, 12:30
I have this occasionally with my csl elite , make sure when you turn on your pc and turn on the wheel at the desktop that there is no friction when you turn the wheel , make sure the spring in the settings is set to 0. If there is resistance shut the pc and wheel down and try again. also make sure the wheel firmware is up to date

Krus Control
23-09-2017, 12:42
I was able to get incredible feeling from my CSL Elite in every car with these settings:

Calibrate wheel at 1080 degrees (reads 108 on SEN selection in wheel menu)

Set Flavour to Immersive

Gain: 44
Volume:64
Tone: 54
FX: 50

Then you want to hit the wrench button on the wheel again and go into the wheel and set things as follows:

SEN: 108
FF: 87
SHo: OFF
AbS: OFF (doesn't matter though)
Lln: Off
dEA: Off
drI: Off
FOR: 100
SPr: OFF
dPr: OFF

Set EXACTLY these numbers and you should get good feeling from all the default setups. You may have to change gain and volume slightly for some cars.

Edit: Also for your kid if the force is too high you can adjust it down with the FF or FOR settings on the wheel rim menu at any time including while driving. Just make sure to put it back to these numbers for the best feel.

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 13:23
I was able to get incredible feeling from my CSL Elite in every car with these settings:

Calibrate wheel at 1080 degrees (reads 108 on SEN selection in wheel menu)

Set Flavour to Immersive

Gain: 44
Volume:64
Tone: 54
FX: 50

Then you want to hit the wrench button on the wheel again and go into the wheel and set things as follows:

SEN: 108
FF: 87
SHo: OFF
AbS: OFF (doesn't matter though)
Lln: Off
dEA: Off
drI: Off
FOR: 100
SPr: OFF
dPr: OFF

Set EXACTLY these numbers and you should get good feeling from all the default setups. You may have to change gain and volume slightly for some cars.

Edit: Also for your kid if the force is too high you can adjust it down with the FF or FOR settings on the wheel rim menu at any time including while driving. Just make sure to put it back to these numbers for the best feel.

Oh that is a totally wrong approach.
Gain in game should ALWAYS be at 100 - only adjust the volume to increase or decrease the FFB.
Same for FF in the Tuning Menu: This has to be at 100 in every game at all time! FFB Adjustment only in the game please.
Otherwise you simply cut the FFB output so a heavy bump with a ffb force of 100 will be the same strenght as a bump with ffb force of 87 when you set the FF in the tuning menu to 87. Thats not good at all.

Also Immersive should be only used with lower end Logitechs. Fanatecs should use Informative or RAW.

Krus Control
23-09-2017, 13:33
Oh that is a totally wrong approach.
Gain in game should ALWAYS be at 100 - only adjust the volume to increase or decrease the FFB.
Same for FF in the Tuning Menu: This has to be at 100 in every game at all time! FFB Adjustment only in the game please.
Otherwise you simply cut the FFB output so a heavy bump with a ffb force of 100 will be the same strenght as a bump with ffb force of 87 when you set the FF in the tuning menu to 87. Thats not good at all.

Also Immersive should be only used with lower end Logitechs. Fanatecs should use Informative or RAW.

I tried a bunch of stuff and this felt the best. I don't really care what stuff was meant to be used for. Still this isn't perfect and maybe there is a better balance with one of those flavours, I'm still messing around with it. Whatever the case these settings are right, very right.

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 13:35
I tried a bunch of stuff and this felt the best. I don't really care what stuff was meant to be used for. Still this isn't perfect and maybe there is a better balance with one of those flavours, I'm still messing around with it. Whatever the case these settings are right, very right.

I am sorry but those settings are not right. They might feel good to you, thats okay. But that settings cant be right when you simply clip a lot of high forces.

Krus Control
23-09-2017, 13:49
I am sorry but those settings are not right. They might feel good to you, thats okay. But that settings cant be right when you simply clip a lot of high forces.

Dude I'm not clipping with these in most cars. And you turn it down if you're clipping. Chill out man these feel really good. And if you don't like them flip it over to Informative. I didn't post these under the title "Best settings ever" I'm just helping this guy get better feeling than the default, which these settings deliver very well.

Maurice Boeschen
23-09-2017, 14:04
Dude I'm not clipping with these in most cars. And you turn it down if you're clipping. Chill out man these feel really good. And if you don't like them flip it over to Informative. I didn't post these under the title "Best settings ever" I'm just helping this guy get better feeling than the default, which these settings deliver very well.

You dont see the clipping in the FFB histogram or the plotter because, well, from the game perspective you are not clipping.
But from a hardware point of view you are "clipping".

When you set the FF in the tuning menu to 50 for example the game will send FFB signals higher than 50 to the wheel base just normal like it should BUT the wheel base does not output this FFB signal at full power but only with 50% because you "clipped" the maximum motor output. So a road bump, which is designed to be a heavy bump with high force of 90 for example, will be exactly the same FFB strenght than a bump which is designed to be a 50 % bump. So in fact you loose the wide range of FFB effects with a lower FF setting in the tuning menu. Therefore this should always be at 100. The same is with the in game Gain slider. You also clip yourself there with a setting of just 44.

But as I said, if you feel fine with that settings it's okay and good. But that this settings are "right" isnt exactly the case as you see you clip yourself... Just wanna help here, too.