PDA

View Full Version : T300RS setup

antonpaco
23-09-2017, 12:25
I don't know why, but this racing game has always issues with wheel setup. Issues in the first version, still issues in PC 2. I would like to know what wheel have been used to create this game. Project cars is the only racing game that give a lot of problems to setup the wheels. Please, be so kind to help the community reporting the best settings for T300RS Thrustmaster on PS4.
Thank you for your help.

LeeGestuhl
23-09-2017, 12:50
As you understand, Force Feedback effects feel different for every person. For someone its too strong, for another too light, too many details, and so on.
Had to play around with the settings myself to be happy with it.

Please take a look at this forum thread, where they discuss some good settings for the T300:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51834-T300-Project-Cars-2-setting-what-we-gonna-do

nasanu
23-09-2017, 13:06
As you understand, Force Feedback effects feel different for every person. For someone its too strong, for another too light, too many details, and so on.

Huh? THis makes no sense at all. If I drive a car and then someone else does, will the car just decide to troll the next guy and change the steering feel? Is that really what you think happens?

All wheel of the same make and model are the same delivering the same forces from the same input so there should only be ONE most accurate config for each wheel on the market, unless you believe in car trolls. Wheel config options should not be needed at all if all you want to do is to drive with the most accurate settings. And its not like there are hundreds of wheels supported and in use either. There is simply NO EXCUSE for devs not setting up the wheels out of the box. It shows that they really don't give a crap about the user experience. Well that and the hundreds of bugs, careless menu choices and random events in the careers (beginner racers racing in the snow in new zealand?... sure buddy, that's a thing that could happen in real life... ).

Zenzic
23-09-2017, 13:51
Don't exaggerate, nasanu. LeeGestuhl was saying everyone likes to set up FFB the way they prefer. Yes, you could argue there should only be one setting per type of wheel to mimic real life as possible, but then you could just as well argue that volume and picture settings on your tv need to be regulated as well. Don't overdo the chase for realism here. I want some customization when I'm racing in my pajamas wearing my Mr. Bunny slippers while sipping Old No. 7.

LeeGestuhl
23-09-2017, 14:01
You are absolutely right nasanu, there is of course a standard setting for every car / wheel used to drive. And the devs definitely adjusted all cars to have a standard force feedback for the different wheels.

But as you know, there are many different wheels to use and every person feels the Force Feedback different, even using the same wheel. And thats something you cannot set right for everyone. So why are there so many options for the Force Feedback settings? So you can personally adjust the settings to your likings, in so many details, thats a big plus for us and our customization. There is just not the "one" setting that suits everybody. Not just Project Cars, but any other racing sim will give you plenty of options to adjust the Force Feedback to play around and find the right setting for yourself.

Choctaw
23-09-2017, 14:17
Would be no e if they Included several setting presets an long with the flavors.

nasanu
24-09-2017, 11:50
Don't exaggerate, nasanu. LeeGestuhl was saying everyone likes to set up FFB the way they prefer. Yes, you could argue there should only be one setting per type of wheel to mimic real life as possible, but then you could just as well argue that volume and picture settings on your tv need to be regulated as well. Don't overdo the chase for realism here. I want some customization when I'm racing in my pajamas wearing my Mr. Bunny slippers while sipping Old No. 7.

Not what I am talking about. Besides TV manufactures actually do provide calibrated modes to match the various color specs so you don't have to. It's a no brainer if you care even slightly about the consumer experience.

You are absolutely right nasanu, there is of course a standard setting for every car / wheel used to drive. And the devs definitely adjusted all cars to have a standard force feedback for the different wheels.

But as you know, there are many different wheels to use and every person feels the Force Feedback different, even using the same wheel. And thats something you cannot set right for everyone. So why are there so many options for the Force Feedback settings? So you can personally adjust the settings to your likings, in so many details, thats a big plus for us and our customization. There is just not the "one" setting that suits everybody. Not just Project Cars, but any other racing sim will give you plenty of options to adjust the Force Feedback to play around and find the right setting for yourself.

No people don't feel FFB differently, 1KG of force for me is still 1KG of force for you. This whole 'its relative' crap is well... crap. How many times have you adjusted the steering in your real car to get it the way you like it?... But I digress, I get what you are saying, options are good to have. My point is that personalisation is fine for an option but it should be something that is almost never touched as it's rarely in need of touching, because who wants a less immersive experience?...

There are also not that many supported wheels. And while on "supported" wheels, I don't consider them supported if there isn't a specific setup for each car for that specific wheel. At this stage I really do think that their support extends to booting up the game with the wheel attached, checking each input works then going for a beer. I can't see that they do anything more than that.

I could imagine buying a car in a world run by gamers. Jump in for a test drive and the salesman says "I'll give you a few moments to setup the suspension, chose tyre compounds, adjust wing angles, setup gear ratios, plus you'll need to design implement the steering and how it should work, because none of that is our job"...

Madwak55
24-09-2017, 12:15
Get a grip man, everybody seems to like having different FFB - I personally like it to be strong on the initial turn in to a corner as it is in real life, but a lot of the people that use these games have never driven a real life car and for some reason they complain like hell if it's hard to turn the wheel. But heyho if that's how they want to drive then leave them to it, as long as the ffb can be changed to how I like it I'm a happy bunny ��

diesel97
24-09-2017, 16:06
You do realize in the real world race car drivers set up the feeling of their wheels to their liking. Not every drive likes the same DOR or the same hydraulic presser to turn the wheel, many ratio's are used to acomplitice the same think.