PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing PC2 ??

dougal995
23-09-2017, 12:43
I see some places are doing much cheaper downloads of PC2 than Steam.

Can PC2 be bought somewhere else and then added to my Steam library?

Thanks

Morgan Henstridge
23-09-2017, 12:54
If you buy it for PC it will be a steam key.

If you buy from a legitimate authorised reseller you should be OK.

If you buy from a dodgy key site, there have been cases of keys being revoked, so bare that in mind if a deal appears too good to be true :)

Mars1
19-12-2017, 18:03
Who is considered a legitimate authorized reseller? because my key was revoked and i want to know why.

Edit: i paid a couple dollars less for the game, but paid more for the season pass, I also bought PC1 at full price so i'd rather not be punished for trying to save a couple bucks since i'm a loyal member/customer.
I came here because steam told me my key had been revoked by the publisher, but now i'm thinking its possible the seller might have caused this, any feedback or advice would be helpful.

Mahjik
19-12-2017, 19:03
The publisher is Bandai Namco, so you'd have to contact them.

Mars1
19-12-2017, 19:23
Hmm, I really want to get back to playing but i really don't feel like it'd be fair for me to have to buy the game a second time, how would i go about addressing the situation to bandai and what department do i get in touch with? if you don't mind me asking

Mahjik
19-12-2017, 19:32
I have no idea. I would assume you would start with support: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/support

pkcraistlin
20-12-2017, 02:05
Who is considered a legitimate authorized reseller? because my key was revoked and i want to know why.

Edit: i paid a couple dollars less for the game, but paid more for the season pass, I also bought PC1 at full price so i'd rather not be punished for trying to save a couple bucks since i'm a loyal member/customer.
I came here because steam told me my key had been revoked by the publisher, but now i'm thinking its possible the seller might have caused this, any feedback or advice would be helpful.

it's possible that the key you bought was sold to you by someone who used a stolen credit card.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-game-storefronts-compared-what-you-need-to-know-about-retailers-and-resellers/

Mars1
20-12-2017, 04:06
I made a ticket on the site to get in touch the seller, so hopefully i'll be able to find some matter of recourse. G2a has a verification process where you have to have a sellers license before you can sell as a vendor if i remember correctly, so the sells should be legit. either way i had to buy another copy since i didn't feel like waiting for weeks before playing again. Hopefully buying it directly from steam won't screw me over again. :/

Mahjik
20-12-2017, 04:08
The sales on G2A are legit in the sense they are real CD Keys (not illegally generated ones). However, "how" these "legal keys" are purchased to be resold on G2A and other locations is the problem.

Mars1
20-12-2017, 04:14
I can agree with that if the case in point involves credit card fraud, this is the first time something like this has happened though so i suppose i've been fortunate i wish there were safeguards to prevent that from happening for future users.

Silraed
20-12-2017, 06:19
The safeguard is to just not use a dodgy site like G2A.

Professor
20-12-2017, 12:55
I only buy keys off Steam or Humble Bundle.

Some of the keys on G2A have been gotten legally, but others haven't. As far as I know developers don't support it and it's blacklisted from Steam.