PDA

View Full Version : Is this game more demanding or is it just me ?

Gabe777
23-09-2017, 13:10
I note a number of things quickly.

The sim looks and plays great out of the box.

The new Track Live 3 system is flippin awesome.... the same corner is never the same twice in stormy weather.

But it seems my settings at 2k rez and minimum 60 fps even in storms at night, appear to be a notch lower than in PC 1.

I'm guessing the extra stuff this time takes it toll ?

Do other people find the same or am I missing something ?

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 13:20
What's your system specs? In general for pC2 it seems that you get more or less the same performance as pC1 with the same settings, but pC2 does more under the hood. Could be different depending on your hardware, though.

Gabe777
23-09-2017, 13:27
What's your system specs? In general for pC2 it seems that you get more or less the same performance as pC1 with the same settings, but pC2 does more under the hood. Could be different depending on your hardware, though.

Well I have decent pc...?. I5 7600k and gtx 1060...... but running at 2k effective , with dsr as i hate jaggies and flickery stuff.

Just that pc1 had mix of ulltra and high.... this time mix of high and medium.

Mind you i set up to never ever go below 60 fps in hardest environments..... dark and thunder, with 20 cars.

I think it is the extra stuff going on with heavy doody weather effects.

Framerates in clear weather is off charts....150 fps so not complaining.

Also, lowest fps is at start when all cars together on pit straight.

F1_Racer68
23-09-2017, 15:32
See my sig for my system specs.

I am currently running the game with just slightly lower settings as pCARS1 and getting roughly the same FPS.

Right now, I know for a fact my GPU is the bottleneck that is limiting my graphics quality settings, and the plan is to upgrade that later this year, but overall the game seems to run on par with the previous one on the same hardware. In the previous game I was able to run a few items on High which I haven't tried yet in this one. Being an online racer, I am more concerned about stable FPS than eye candy though.

Once I get my upgraded GPU I should be able to have the eye candy as well (Zotac GTX1060 Amp! 6GB planned).

Gabe777
23-09-2017, 16:01
See my sig for my system specs.

I am currently running the game with just slightly lower settings as pCARS1 and getting roughly the same FPS.

Right now, I know for a fact my GPU is the bottleneck that is limiting my graphics quality settings, and the plan is to upgrade that later this year, but overall the game seems to run on par with the previous one on the same hardware. In the previous game I was able to run a few items on High which I haven't tried yet in this one. Being an online racer, I am more concerned about stable FPS than eye candy though.

Once I get my upgraded GPU I should be able to have the eye candy as well (Zotac GTX1060 Amp! 6GB planned).

My 1060 maxes out in the rain at night at 2k rez. Then the fps fall..... cpu never more than 2.5 cores though. My i5 7600k is only ever at 70 % or less.... for whole system.

My advice for gpu.... go for 1070 if you can afford it. With dsr and 4k, the 1060 is already getting old. Wish I'd gone with the 1080.

F1_Racer68
23-09-2017, 17:04
My 1060 maxes out in the rain at night at 2k rez. Then the fps fall..... cpu never more than 2.5 cores though. My i5 7600k is only ever at 70 % or less.... for whole system.

My advice for gpu.... go for 1070 if you can afford it. With dsr and 4k, the 1060 is already getting old. Wish I'd gone with the 1080.

Appreciate the input, but it's a budget decision. The card I am looking at is $350 here. A 1070 is upwards of $650 and a 1080 is pushing $1000. I would also need a PSU upgrade fo rthe other 2 cards which adds many more $$ ot the equation. Simply not an option in the near future whereas the 1060 is doable as a X-mas gift to myself ;)

Also, I will not be pushing anything higher than 1080P on my triple screens as my current screens don't support anything higher than that anyways. Again, budget decision.

It's a monetary compromise. But the input is appreciated :yes:

Gabe777
24-09-2017, 09:25
Appreciate the input, but it's a budget decision. The card I am looking at is $350 here. A 1070 is upwards of $650 and a 1080 is pushing $1000. I would also need a PSU upgrade fo rthe other 2 cards which adds many more $$ ot the equation. Simply not an option in the near future whereas the 1060 is doable as a X-mas gift to myself ;)

Also, I will not be pushing anything higher than 1080P on my triple screens as my current screens don't support anything higher than that anyways. Again, budget decision.

It's a monetary compromise. But the input is appreciated :yes:

Well a 1070 isn't great value at nearly twice the price, that's a fact ! And at 1080p total overkill. Beforevthese huge resolutions came along the cou was all that was relevant, with any decrnt gpu bring overkill.

You shoukd see how Flight Simulator X runs on my system..... cpu maxed out and melting, gpu at 30 % andvthe fan isn't even on ! Lol...... gotta love computers......!