PDA

View Full Version : Chronic crashing to desktop

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 13:24
I have had an excessive amount of CTD. Mainly when trying to load a car setup, save a car setup, or load a race. I have sent most of the crash reports. I assume that all of them are not needed, because it is well over 30 since the launch of the sim.
I hope the developers are able to resolve this soon. Very frustrating!! Almost to the point of unplayable until resolved. Pc specs and hardware in signature.

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 13:27
Sorry to hear that but at the same time glad that I'm not the only one with this problem (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51872-Crash-to-desktop).

Looks like we have almost the same setup.

Roger Prynne
23-09-2017, 16:48
Does the event viewer show what the crash might have been?
Also what Virus Checker have you got and have you made exceptions for the Project CARS 2 folder in Steam and My Documents?

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 16:49
Can you specify steps to reproduce that?

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 17:13
Can you specify steps to reproduce that?

All I do is go though the motions of saving a setup or loading a different setup in the garage and when i click save it crashes. Or when I click drive to leave the garage to drive out on track it crashes. Or when I click to start the race when sitting on the grid. Mainly when the game tries to load from one screen to the next.

Roger Prynne
23-09-2017, 17:17
Have you tried what I suggested?

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 17:32
Does the event viewer show what the crash might have been?
Also what Virus Checker have you got and have you made exceptions for the Project CARS 2 folder in Steam and My Documents?

The only virus checker I use is Windows Defender and Advanced System Care.
The event viewer error is https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3BG1xIaRxIEV1g0NUoxUjhtSG8 this error has happened 1552 times in the last 24 hours. I think this may be why my game keeps crashing. Now I need to figure out what is causing this error!

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 17:50
Not trying to hijack the thread but since we have exactly the same problem might as well post it here. Have you tried testing without your Accuforce connected? I just tried and when it's turned off and i just my XB1 pad to drive the game keeps working without crashing. Connected my Accuforce again and the game crashes about the 4th time i hit drive. But it also crashes regularly while loading or saving set-up. Just like your situation. It makes no difference if i have SimCommander running or not.

i Just checked my event log and under application i get a BugSplat error everytime the game crashes.

The description for Event ID 1 from source BugSplat cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

projectcars2
pCARS2AVX

What i'm still going to try is to connect my Accuforce to a different USB controller to see if that helps. But have a league race in iRacing in an hour so not going to mess with that until after that race.

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 18:42
Not trying to hijack the thread but since we have exactly the same problem might as well post it here. Have you tried testing without your Accuforce connected? I just tried and when it's turned off and i just my XB1 pad to drive the game keeps working without crashing. Connected my Accuforce again and the game crashes about the 4th time i hit drive. But it also crashes regularly while loading or saving set-up. Just like your situation. It makes no difference if i have SimCommander running or not.

i Just checked my event log and under application i get a BugSplat error everytime the game crashes.

What i'm still going to try is to connect my Accuforce to a different USB controller to see if that helps. But have a league race in iRacing in an hour so not going to mess with that until after that race.

Ok, thx please let me know if you find a solution.

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 20:24
Tried a different USB port. Didn't help.

Pretty sure it's somehow related to the Accuforce but have no idea how to fix it. Shame because at this state it's just unplayable.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 20:32
It's a service installed by the Intel Driver Update Utility. Got the latest Intel drivers installed? Then no need to keep the utility. You'll see the service and its event log being removed by the uninstaller.

Quick search and reading further down I found this.

If you have that a simple uninstall should solve it.

You can also stop it according to other solution:

1) Press Windows + R Keys of your keyboard,

2) Type services.msc

3) Hit enter.

4) Now, scroll down and right click on the ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK service and select properties.

5) Click on Stop.

6) On the startup type, select Disabled.

7) Click on Apply -> OK.

8) Restart your PC.

And another one:
https://communities.intel.com/message/464075#464075

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 21:39
Been testing some more and i'm positive it has something to do with the Accuforce. As soon as i use it as the controller the game crashes. Back to XB1 pad, no issues. Other USB, doesn't help. Even update the BIOS of my motherbord, no luck. Running pCARS in administrator mode, nothing helps.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 22:00
By other USB do you mean other usb port on same version? You have it in one usb3 and changed it to another usb3 or the other was an usb2?

Another thing. you're on a game pad and everything's fine. connect the AF then and change the controller in the settings (custom?) and try to assign the axis. Don't connect the pedals BTW. does it crash?

What do they say in AF forums?

PhydomiR
23-09-2017, 22:41
Yeah, i changed USB controllers. Changed from a USB3 to a USB2 port.

Had one last thing i wanted to test and that was connecting my Heusinkveld pedals directly into the pc instead of the hub build in the AF. That seemed to work but then i had no force feedback for some reason. Restarted my pc. Had FFB again but now the game crashes again. Gonna get some sleep now and try some more things tomorrow. Testing with and without pedals etc.

On the AF forums there are more people who have the same issue. But on the iRacing forum there's also someone who has no problems with the AF in pCARS2.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 23:01
Try to get in contact with him. Maybe reinstalling the drivers. Can the AF support try to find what happens?

BTW, if you must use a HUB make it so it's powered... with only the usb port own 5v if can become a problem quite quickly.

DUMBUNNY360
23-09-2017, 23:13
Try to get in contact with him. Maybe reinstalling the drivers. Can the AF support try to find what happens?

BTW, if you must use a HUB make it so it's powered... with only the usb port own 5v if can become a problem quite quickly.

I have already submitted a support request. There are quite a few people on the Simxperience forum reporting this same crashing problem when playing Pcar2.

RomKnight
23-09-2017, 23:16
Let us know what solved it (surely there must be a solution) for future reference please.

OzzyNeil
24-09-2017, 03:48
Add me to this list, exact same symptoms as above, I've swapped USB ports, disconnected other peripherals, stuck my tongue out and scratched my balls.
Requested a refund as there isn't enough time in the day for this shit.

PhydomiR
24-09-2017, 06:58
Another thing. you're on a game pad and everything's fine. connect the AF then and change the controller in the settings (custom?) and try to assign the axis. Don't connect the pedals BTW. does it crash?

Also did that. Without pedals it still crashes. Only had the AF assigned (and connected) as an input and it crashes.

Had something strange yesterday tho. I was just testing things and at one point the game worked, with the Accuforce connected but for some reason i didn't have any FFB in the wheel. Everything else worked but no FFB. Game didn't crash tho. Could load set-up, hit drive as many times as i could and the game kept running. I then did a reboot of the system and started the game again, had FFB but the game would crash again.

I also noticed that when you load a set-up, you hear a noise from the wheel, like the FFB is getting activated, same goes for when you hit drive. Looks like the game crashes at that exact point.
This morning i reinstalled SimCommander 4 (and thus wheel drivers) just to make sure but that didn't help either. Looks like it's going wrong somewhere in the FFB communication between the wheel and pCARS2.

I really think i have tested everything i can at this point. Have Steam at 6 hours in game and i don't think i have even reached an hour of actual driving :(

PTG Ty1er Ward
28-09-2017, 15:27
I have had an excessive amount of CTD. Mainly when trying to load a car setup, save a car setup, or load a race. I have sent most of the crash reports. I assume that all of them are not needed, because it is well over 30 since the launch of the sim.
I hope the developers are able to resolve this soon. Very frustrating!! Almost to the point of unplayable until resolved. Pc specs and hardware in signature.

100% exact same problem for me too.

PhydomiR
28-09-2017, 16:54
It's an Accuforce issue. There's a thread on the AF owners forum and SX are working with SMS t fix this.

ELAhrairah
28-09-2017, 19:28
Accuforce owners please report your crash here: http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2768
Itís handy to send all the logs of the crash dump. Can be found here: C:\Users\$user\AppData\Local\Temp on W10 systems. Files start with pCARS2 in the name.

SnapReflex
29-09-2017, 02:02
Add me to the list of Accuforce users also experiencing the exact same chronic crash..... Let me know if anyone discovery a cure!!

SnapReflex
29-09-2017, 02:50
Add me to the list of Accuforce users also experiencing the exact same chronic crash..... Let me know if anyone discovery a cure!!

Ok, had mine AF plugged into my motherboard USB ports and was getting the same chronic crash as everyone else. So, I switched my AF USB plug to connect to my Inateck USB 3.0 Expansion Card and poof, the problem seems to be gone.

I recall having other USB issue with the AF awhile back, which is actually why I originally bought the Inateck card. It's only 20 bucks on amazon.

PTG Ty1er Ward
29-09-2017, 03:08
Accuforce owners please report your crash here: http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2768
It’s handy to send all the logs of the crash dump. Can be found here: C:\Users\$user\AppData\Local\Temp on W10 systems. Files start with pCARS2 in the name.

Thanks!! Will do-

Rx4speed
29-09-2017, 11:20
Also did that. Without pedals it still crashes. Only had the AF assigned (and connected) as an input and it crashes.

Had something strange yesterday tho. I was just testing things and at one point the game worked, with the Accuforce connected but for some reason i didn't have any FFB in the wheel. Everything else worked but no FFB. Game didn't crash tho. Could load set-up, hit drive as many times as i could and the game kept running. I then did a reboot of the system and started the game again, had FFB but the game would crash again.

I also noticed that when you load a set-up, you hear a noise from the wheel, like the FFB is getting activated, same goes for when you hit drive. Looks like the game crashes at that exact point.
This morning i reinstalled SimCommander 4 (and thus wheel drivers) just to make sure but that didn't help either. Looks like it's going wrong somewhere in the FFB communication between the wheel and pCARS2.

I really think i have tested everything i can at this point. Have Steam at 6 hours in game and i don't think i have even reached an hour of actual driving :(

As an Accuforce user, my problems mimic yours to the T. Loading setups, saving setups, and at the end of a race loading, or when i hit the menu button to drive, i feel a small activation in my wheel, then CTD. Probably 60-75% of the time. We've also applied the same troubleshooting.

Quick specs: AF Pro Wheel, Protosimtech Pedals, Clubsport Shifter, Oculus Rift CV1(3 sensors) , i7-4790K, GTX 1080, Sound Blaster Zx, 16GB RAM, MSI Z87-GD-65, Inatek PCI USB Card.

My wheel and the wheel's internal USB hub are plugged into the top two MB ports. These are high poll rate USB 2.0 ports. My pedals and shifter are plugged into the wheel's hub ports. My Rift is using a MB port. My cameras are on the Inatek card.

I also have these problems.
Mouse pointer disappearing when mouse/VR look menu option selection should show the mouse.
In-game volume controls have ZERO effect for me. I had to change the volume in the Oculus software. It's the only thing that worked. No sound volume issues with Assetto Corsa. This will be an issue if I'm voice chatting.
Thirdly, when the 'Show Helmet' option is turned on in the camera options menu, and i then cycle to the helmet cam while driving (one right after the nromal cockpit view), my FPS takes a big hit. That helmet cam is f'ing amazing in VR!! It's dorky when using a monitor.

I'm still sorting out the FFB. Right now I'm using the Informative selection. Still sorting out the visual options, graphics and camera movement too. However, I wil say this. The more i drive, the more the game grows on me. Corner entry is a little 'wrong in my opinion, but the exit is glorious. Sure, like in a GT3 car, you mat it if you want, it will probably stick, but wheel hop, rear tires chatter etc will happen, and you will loose time. It's pretty easy to drive fast, but very very hard to be REALLY fast. That's the was it is in a real race car.

Grudyjsy
15-10-2017, 07:55
After many hours of playing around with settings Iíve noticed the crashing is linked to the number of opponents. If I set it to 24 cars the games crashes within a few laps and reverts back to desktop, and some times on the grid when changing setup. If I reduce it to 14 I get no crashes. I havenít bothered to test increasing the number but you may want to try that out. This seemed consistent and increasing graphics setting worked fine as well.
My system specs are:
Ryzen 1700 not overclocked
B350 gigabyte micro atx motherboard
16 gb 3200mhz memory
Rx480 sapphire nitro+
Fanatec csl PS4 steering wheel and foot pedals

Reading other comments everyone is getting caught up in there pc doesnít do it but actually never meantion things such a number of opponents.
How/where can this be logged with PC2 support. Can people test this on there setup and see if consistent with my findings.

PTG Ty1er Ward
15-10-2017, 23:10
Only thing I've tried to do is Time Trial (so....zero opponents)

ELAhrairah
16-10-2017, 01:00
This is an accuforce simcommander issue. Head on the the forums there and download the experimental firmware they made to fix it. I installed it and now I have zero crashes.

Link to forum post: http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2768&p=10
(Its a closed forum so you’ll need to be registred)

PTG Ty1er Ward
17-10-2017, 00:36
This is an accuforce simcommander issue. Head on the the forums there and download the experimental firmware they made to fix it. I installed it and now I have zero crashes.

Link to forum post: http://simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&t=2768&p=10
(Its a closed forum so you’ll need to be registred)

Thanks, but where exactly in the forum is this "experimental" firmware? Your link takes me to the problems thread (of which I was already aware of) and there is nothing in the firmware/beta section.

ELAhrairah
17-10-2017, 01:30
Thanks, but where exactly in the forum is this "experimental" firmware? Your link takes me to the problems thread (of which I was already aware of) and there is nothing in the firmware/beta section.

It’s in that same problem thread. Search for comment post #86 from Bernie. He put a download link there.

PTG Ty1er Ward
17-10-2017, 23:39
It’s in that same problem thread. Search for comment post #86 from Bernie. He put a download link there.

lol, thanks. I swear to god I went through all 10 pages :)