PDA

View Full Version : One step forward, too steps back

Warren1571
23-09-2017, 14:49
Hi,

Okay - before I get persecuted here, I loved Pcars 1.

But, I'm massively disappointed in the $100 I spent on Pscars 2 and the fact the game is missing so many features that should have been sorted at release.

I use a T500RS and just cannot get the FFB to feel right. Perhaps I've been playing too much F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa but none the less PC2 feels very average from my experience so far.

UDP support missing - why? We had this PC1 but it's missing now, I don't understand. It was promised by the Devs at release but nope, it's missing. So no pcars dash etc going to work.

Audio volume. I use astro A40s and they're awesome but in pcars 2 I have to have the volume at maximum to get a decent sound level through the headset. On pcars1 50% volume would be ear blowing and sounded awesome. Sounds in PC2 are great but why so quiet in the overall volume??

Buttkicker barely works. So with everything on maximum my Buttkicker is barely doing anything. Once again on Pcars1 it was awesome but now, no good.

AI - WTF?? A disaster, Indy car race they just plough into you at the start. GT3 massive pile up at the first corner of Bathurst every time. And yes I've adjusted the settings but still not good. Racing at 40% AI with 10% aggressive and still getting shit races.

Pretty disappointing. I feel like we are Beta testing this so they can patch it and patch it and patch it until it's half decent.

I've tried every setting and tweaked all of this but still it's not up to the level I was hoping.

I'm back to playing F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa for now. So much better. F1 was great on release day, they improved everything over the 2016 version. I was hoping pcars2 would be similar but sadly it seems one step forward but two steps back.

Please fix this SMS. I bought the digital edition so I'm stuck with it and would love nothing more than for this game to be as awesome as had been suggested but even on a PS4 Pro it's very disappointing at the moment.

I will say though, great job on the improved menus and the graphics and depth of the game, track selection and car selection is second to none. This has so much potential. Please fulfil everything that this could be.

Civic
04-10-2017, 05:51
I'm not having a go at you Warren but so many people have posted the same that it is getting irritating for someone like me that understands exactly what you are saying. I feel like I've read your exact post before more than once.

legacy-8
04-10-2017, 07:59
I feel like I've read your exact post before more than once.

You probably have read it more than once Civic, it was posted on the 23rd of last month! lol

Titzon Toast
04-10-2017, 08:22
I have the same wheel and these settings work well for me, give them a try and see what you think.

All deadzones @ 0 and 1080 dor.

FFB settings

Informative

Gain 100
Volume 60
Tone 50
FX 50

Good luck.

Madmazz116
04-10-2017, 08:44
Hi,

Okay - before I get persecuted here, I loved Pcars 1.

But, I'm massively disappointed in the $100 I spent on Pscars 2 and the fact the game is missing so many features that should have been sorted at release.

I use a T500RS and just cannot get the FFB to feel right. Perhaps I've been playing too much F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa but none the less PC2 feels very average from my experience so far.

UDP support missing - why? We had this PC1 but it's missing now, I don't understand. It was promised by the Devs at release but nope, it's missing. So no pcars dash etc going to work.

Audio volume. I use astro A40s and they're awesome but in pcars 2 I have to have the volume at maximum to get a decent sound level through the headset. On pcars1 50% volume would be ear blowing and sounded awesome. Sounds in PC2 are great but why so quiet in the overall volume??

Buttkicker barely works. So with everything on maximum my Buttkicker is barely doing anything. Once again on Pcars1 it was awesome but now, no good.

AI - WTF?? A disaster, Indy car race they just plough into you at the start. GT3 massive pile up at the first corner of Bathurst every time. And yes I've adjusted the settings but still not good. Racing at 40% AI with 10% aggressive and still getting shit races.

Pretty disappointing. I feel like we are Beta testing this so they can patch it and patch it and patch it until it's half decent.

I've tried every setting and tweaked all of this but still it's not up to the level I was hoping.

I'm back to playing F1 2017 and Assetto Corsa for now. So much better. F1 was great on release day, they improved everything over the 2016 version. I was hoping pcars2 would be similar but sadly it seems one step forward but two steps back.

Please fix this SMS. I bought the digital edition so I'm stuck with it and would love nothing more than for this game to be as awesome as had been suggested but even on a PS4 Pro it's very disappointing at the moment.

I will say though, great job on the improved menus and the graphics and depth of the game, track selection and car selection is second to none. This has so much potential. Please fulfil everything that this could be.

oooo...your in trouble now..lol

Don-09141955
04-10-2017, 11:44
"Education is important but racing is importanter." LOL!!...........ThankYou!

Civic
04-10-2017, 11:50
You probably have read it more than once Civic, it was posted on the 23rd of last month! lol

It was the first post when I clicked new posts today, how did that happen.