PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN Workaround post #56/149] Career progress gone

Pages : [1] 2

sharkez76
23-09-2017, 15:35
I'm on the Xbox preview programme and after today's update I went on project cars 2 and I have no career save just the start a new career but all my stats and affinities are still showing. Please hopefully I don't have to start over I was in the final tier of the career mode

MOD EDIT: Please check post #149 here for a workaround in the meantime. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51983-KNOWN-Workaround-post-56-149-Career-progress-gone&p=1382695&viewfull=1#post1382695)

moeder_theresa
23-09-2017, 15:48
I have The same problem. What A piece of shit game!!

moeder_theresa
23-09-2017, 15:51
I just put on the game and all my career progress is gone!!

I am on Xbox One, can this be fixed??

sharkez76
23-09-2017, 16:02
There's no way I'm starting over I'm just going to play some custom races till forza 7 comes out and leave this game alone

Ronald0505
23-09-2017, 16:43
Good to see i'm not the only one hating this game right now, they need to come with a patch very very soon or I'll burn this piece of plastic disc!

sharkez76
23-09-2017, 17:59
Good to see i'm not the only one hating this game right now, they need to come with a patch very very soon or I'll burn this piece of plastic disc!

until my career was messed up I loved the game. I pre ordered mine as a digital download through the store and because I did it months back in my account there is no longer the request a refund tab so on Monday I'm going to call Microsoft and ask if I can get a refund as I paid £76 for the deluxe because I loved the first game

Methadone Man
23-09-2017, 18:02
How soon after a digital purchase can you use the request refund option?

According to this FAQ, there are no refunds for digital download on Xbox.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/purchasing/buying-digital-game-faq#ebea8a24900743a29edf85d247e81dc4

sharkez76
23-09-2017, 18:15
I bought Nascar Heat 2 as a digital download on the 13th of September and in my Microsoft account in the billing and orders section I can still request a refund

Konan
23-09-2017, 18:20
I have The same problem. What A piece of shit game!!

Watch the language...no problem with you not liking the game...just express your frustrations in a civilised manner please...

dreampage
23-09-2017, 19:46
Career progress can be lost randomly, you don't have to be in the Insider program for that. I just lost my career today when the game froze while exiting a session. One of my friends has also lost his whole career. He did nothing, just loaded the game and his career was simply not there.

dreampage
23-09-2017, 19:51
No it can't be fixed. I lost my career as well today, as well as a friend of mine. My game froze when exiting a session and crashed to the dashboard. My friend had the same issue as you: he loaded the game and his progress was gone.

moeder_theresa
23-09-2017, 20:06
Career lost, raceline not always visible, road cars terrible handling, awful car sounds (PC1 had awesome sound), sometimes no sound during races, freezing of The game, ... didn't they learn from the first game??

moeder_theresa
23-09-2017, 20:07
Next friday Forza 7.
Shame because I liked the first game. :-(

Mazza89
24-09-2017, 00:31
I bought the game yesterday evening, all i have done is play career. All of a sudden my engine sound disappeared, after 3 races with no engine sound, i went back to the main menu and quit to the dashboard. When i loaded PC2 up again, my career progress has disappeared and i only have the option to start new.

I don't usually get the chance to play this much in such a short space of time. I really don't want to restart my career again. I'm hoping there is some way i can get my career progress back, if not i suppose forza is the safe option. I didn't buy forza 6 as PC1 was great and didn't need to, hope i don't need forza 7 either.

Methadone Man
24-09-2017, 00:36
Career progress can be lost randomly, you don't have to be in the Insider program for that. I just lost my career today when the game froze while exiting a session. One of my friends has also lost his whole career. He did nothing, just loaded the game and his career was simply not there.

Well, on the bright side, the fact that I cannot play the game with my wheel has prevented me from playing and therefore having the game delete and lose any career progress I would have made over the last 2 days.

Gray skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.

sharkez76
24-09-2017, 02:09
I'm new to the forum but does anyone from the developers read and comment in these forum just out of interest.
I also had a look at my profile on PC2 and I had put 19 hours into career mode think that's why I'm so mad

Konan
24-09-2017, 02:59
The devs read all issues we report...

red_hammer
24-09-2017, 04:16
Starts exactly like PC1, nice. I'm in the same boat, game crashed to dashboard, career is gone.

dreampage
24-09-2017, 07:18
Do we get any kind of feedback from the developers on this forum? Or can we expect anything like that? I'm new to this forum and I'm not familiar with the communication between the devs and the community. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed ASAP.

MXR SMILER
24-09-2017, 07:30
The Devs and their moderators are highly interactive in this forum and your feedback and comments will be taken notice of.... any issues with the game will be addressed as soon as is possible. There is a patch being worked on as we speak according to Ian Bell this morning and hopefully many of the issues identified by us, the users, will be included.

moeder_theresa
24-09-2017, 10:32
And my career is erased yet a second time!!
Does nobody test this before it gets sent to the shops!!
A lot of bugs and 2 times an erased career??
I hope i will be refunded for this thing that they call a game.
You lost this customer and I hope many will follow!

moeder_theresa
24-09-2017, 10:34
And my career is erased yet a second time!!
Does nobody test this before it gets sent to the shops!!
A lot of bugs and 2 times an erased career??
I hope i will be refunded for this thing that they call a game.
You lost this customer and I hope many will follow!

gotdirt410sprintcar
24-09-2017, 10:41
DAY 3

moeder_theresa
24-09-2017, 10:43
It has to work from Day 1.
This is The second game full of bugs.

Joethe147
24-09-2017, 10:57
DAY 3

Having a career lost not once but twice is a big issue, regardless if it's day 1, 3 or 50. Shouldn't just palm it off.

Mowzer
24-09-2017, 11:00
Odd ive not lost my career on my XB1 at all never had a problem with PC1 ether like some people were reporting :confused:.

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 11:05
Threads merged.

DevStan
24-09-2017, 11:16
Just got exactly the same issue as everyone has. On Xbox One in career mode after the ride the game got frozen. I was waiting quite sometime then restarted the game and found out that i can not continue my career anymore and have to start over again with the new profile. It is very very sad (to stay calm and be polite i am not going to express my real emotions that i have right now :) that i can not continue since i've spend 15 hours on playing PC2. Now i see no reason to actually starting over and continuing playing PC2. If no patch to restore the profile or at least any reaction appear from the Dev team in the nearest time i see no other solution except selling this game on ebay. To be honest i want my money back from SlightlyMad/Bondai-Namco because of selling the game with such critical bug. The experiense from the game is just completely ruined unless the problem is fixed.

Mazza89
24-09-2017, 14:44
I agree to be honest. I've always started out playing the career on racing games then moving on to multiplayer later on. I do not feel like playing this game at all now as i do not want to risk playing for more hours and losing my progress all over again.

sleeptonesbr
25-09-2017, 18:46
Same problem here and my last post about it was deleted... :confused:

Syyoung
26-09-2017, 02:48
Launched project cars 2 today after putting 7 hours into career mode already to discover start new career as my only option! All of my setting were still save, all of my profile statistics still there, but career mode completely gone! Was very frustrated, as i always exit completely to title screen before closing any game, and powering off my console. 24 hours ago, i was enjoying this great career mode, and now in furious!

moeder_theresa
26-09-2017, 05:09
It happened 3 times already in my game.
Very very frustrated by this.
I Will never buy A Project Cars game again.
Both games had A lot of bugs and this One is a gamebreaker for me.
I only play career and I can't even do that now!!
This friday I have early acces for Forza 7, thank god.

Konan
26-09-2017, 05:18
Threads merged...

Konan
26-09-2017, 05:19
It happened 3 times already in my game.
Very very frustrated by this.
I Will never buy A Project Cars game again.
Both games had A lot of bugs and this One is a gamebreaker for me.
I only play career and I can't even do that now!!
This friday I have early acces for Forza 7, thank god.

We know by now...you've only posted it in about five different threads...

BobTheDog
26-09-2017, 06:13
I'm sure they will sort it out quicker than Asseto Corsa where I still cannot save my career after it has been released a year!

Plato99
26-09-2017, 06:35
I'm sure they will sort it out quicker than Asseto Corsa where I still cannot save my career after it has been released a year!

Difference being that SMS will WANT to sort it, whereas Kunos aren't bothered unless we're buying the dlc.

NemesisRacing
26-09-2017, 06:48
Just found out ive lost my career data as well. If there is a patch coming hopefully this can be sorted as well numerous other reported issues

Update:

Just started new career and just received in game notifications regarding the Brand advocacy id unlocked previously. Clearly some of it still works

Gabrielmpf
26-09-2017, 12:59
Just loaded the game today to find out that my career progress has been lost. Was close to tier 1. So, so disappointing. I've been looking forward to this game for months, since I loved the first one. Now, I can't start another career, just to have my progress wiped out again, not until someone's assures me this won't happen again. I'm so upset I can't even touch the game right now. All my enthusiasm for the game is gone... How can this happen?

moeder_theresa
26-09-2017, 13:05
From what I heard, everyone who lost his/her career progress was in Tier 1 or 2 (myself included).
When I am in Tier 6, 5, 4 or 3 I dont lose my progress
Maybe something worth investigating.

Pbucko
26-09-2017, 14:18
Bob we all lost everything after you stopped playing AC, update wiped game back to day 1.

I’m not starting career in p cars until it’s fixed. Only playing multiplayer and community events.

LukeC1991
26-09-2017, 17:38
So I’ve just lost my career progress mid way through the Formula A championship on Xbox One. Seriously what the hell is this? 5 days of grafting, gone. I was really enjoying it as well. We must get some form of compensation for this complete mess.

Edit: I’ve just uninstalled the game, so now I’m going for the painful long wait whilst it re installs to see if that does anything. I’m clutching at straws here, but got to try something...

grrrillapmp
26-09-2017, 17:47
So Iíve just lost my career progress mid way through the Formula A championship on Xbox One. Seriously what the hell is this? 5 days of grafting, gone. I was really enjoying it as well. We must get some form of compensation for this complete mess.

Edit: Iíve just uninstalled the game, so now Iím going for the painful long wait whilst it re installs to see if that does anything. Iím clutching at straws here, but got to try something...
You're wasting your time. You won't find one person who had a problem that uninstalling and re installing fixed The problem. Just gonna have to wait indefinitely for the patch.

Konan
26-09-2017, 18:04
You're wasting your time. You won't find one person who had a problem that uninstalling and re installing fixed The problem. Just gonna have to wait indefinitely for the patch.

Stirring up trouble won't get the patch out any sooner...

BobTheDog
26-09-2017, 18:13
Bob we all lost everything after you stopped playing AC, update wiped game back to day 1.

Iím not starting career in p cars until itís fixed. Only playing multiplayer and community events.

Is that serious, an AC update made you loose everything?

I only stopped playing AC as they banned me from the forum and the only thing I did was the weekly forum challenge so it made it impossible to still do that.

They banned me with no warning and I tried to get a reason why they did it but no one would answer my emails. I guess it was complaining about the fact I couldn't save anything!

Rockefelluh
26-09-2017, 18:17

How does this comment stir up trouble?

Edit: have been playing ginetta gt4 in tier 6. 4 races in no issues yet. Small play time though.

Konan
26-09-2017, 18:22
How does this comment stir up trouble?

Edit: have been playing ginetta gt4 in tier 6. 4 races in no issues yet. Small play time though.

Check his post history...I did...

moeder_theresa
26-09-2017, 19:38
When i stop playing while i am in the middle of a season, then it deletes my progress.
Especially in high tiers.
Hope this helps solving the problem quickly.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 19:41
When i stop playing while i am in the middle of a season, then it deletes my progress.
Especially in high tiers.
Hope this helps solving the problem quickly.
What do you mean with 'stop playing'? Quitting the game?

moeder_theresa
26-09-2017, 19:47
Yep. Just quitting the game and then switch of my Xbox.
Next time career progress bye bye.
And that's frustrating because I took a whole week vacation to play this game.
I realy liked the first game (even with a lot of bugs in it), but this is gamebreaking for me because I only play career.

Grtz

Konan
26-09-2017, 19:58
Are you sure it saved before you quit?
FWIW i'm a career only player too so i hope this gets resolved quickly for you guys...

moeder_theresa
26-09-2017, 20:03
Yep it saved.
It looks like only Xbox is affected by this.
Today I played from tier 6 till tier 1 and then I started again at tier 1.
And I reinstalled the game.
And till now my career progress hasn't been deleted.
So now I only stop playing after I did a whole season and never when i am tier 1 or 2. ;-)
Friday I start playing Forza 7 and I hope in the next few weeks this will be resolved so that i can play normally again.

Grtz

grrrillapmp
26-09-2017, 20:18
Stirrng up trouble? Tf are you talking about? Go find someone who had his problem that had it fixed with a reinstall? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Look up my post history, you can take it as me being upset I was charged to be a beta tester for PC1 and hate to see people going thru the same exact thing, or as stirring up trouble (wtf would I even be trying to accomplish by stirring up trouble?). I know their frustration and actually feel for them. But yeah, stirring up trouble. Smh. Not to mention...how are stating facts stirring up trouble? Not my fault the game was (again) released in beta...I'm just not paid by sms, so I'm allowed to tell it how it actually is.

Also, why do I care when the patch comes out? I was smart enough to check the forums before I buy this time. So I knew sms was up to the same old charging to beta test tactics from PC1. I'm frustrated you guys don't value your customers money or time, not cuz the patch isn't out.

I'm also fairly certain the patch will introduce some new game breaking bugs that previously weren't there, like in PC1. So even if the patch were to come out today...so what, game will probably still be beta quality.

Anyway to the person I was originally addressing... don't waste your time reinstalling, it'll only frustrate you once you realize it was all for naught, I've been there.

Only real option if you want to have fun with project cars is to wait a few months for the patches. If you can somehow forget you own the game that'd be best, because everyday the hope deep inside will tell you to try it out because maybe it works now, but it won't.

So you'll get back on the forum, try everything suggested and it still wont work. People will post about their problem free races and how much they love the game, it'll hurt.

Then mods will post about how it must be some piece of your hardware, you'll know it isn't, but you'll run every test multiple times anyway because all you really want is to play the game you thought you were getting when you coughed up the dough. You'll get even more frustrated when you continue seeing post of people who are playing the game with no issues. You'll get so mad that you will want to uninstall it...but it has so much promise...maybe a few more days.
This cycle will keep happening until that wonderful day many months from now when the game is actually in a finished state. And when that day comes, you'll say the frustration wasn't worth it but damn are you glad you kept the game...You'll just wish you had waited until it went on sale.

Tldr: game is broken, only sms can fix it, try to forget about the game until sms fixes it, but that won't be in the near future.

Y'all be safe, I'm off to stir up some more trouble.

Major Epidemic
26-09-2017, 21:17
Stirrng up trouble? Tf are you talking about? Go find someone who had his problem that had it fixed with a reinstall? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Look up my post history, you can take it as me being upset I was charged to be a beta tester for PC1 and hate to see people going thru the same exact thing, or as stirring up trouble (wtf would I even be trying to accomplish by stirring up trouble?). I know their frustration and actually feel for them. But yeah, stirring up trouble. Smh. Not to mention...how are stating facts stirring up trouble? Not my fault the game was (again) released in beta...I'm just not paid by sms, so I'm allowed to tell it how it actually is.

Also, why do I care when the patch comes out? I was smart enough to check the forums before I buy this time. So I knew sms was up to the same old charging to beta test tactics from PC1. I'm frustrated you guys don't value your customers money or time, not cuz the patch isn't out.

I'm also fairly certain the patch will introduce some new game breaking bugs that previously weren't there, like in PC1. So even if the patch were to come out today...so what, game will probably still be beta quality.

Anyway to the person I was originally addressing... don't waste your time reinstalling, it'll only frustrate you once you realize it was all for naught, I've been there.

Only real option if you want to have fun with project cars is to wait a few months for the patches. If you can somehow forget you own the game that'd be best, because everyday the hope deep inside will tell you to try it out because maybe it works now, but it won't.

So you'll get back on the forum, try everything suggested and it still wont work. People will post about their problem free races and how much they love the game, it'll hurt.

Then mods will post about how it must be some piece of your hardware, you'll know it isn't, but you'll run every test multiple times anyway because all you really want is to play the game you thought you were getting when you coughed up the dough. You'll get even more frustrated when you continue seeing post of people who are playing the game with no issues. You'll get so mad that you will want to uninstall it...but it has so much promise...maybe a few more days.
This cycle will keep happening until that wonderful day many months from now when the game is actually in a finished state. And when that day comes, you'll say the frustration wasn't worth it but damn are you glad you kept the game...You'll just wish you had waited until it went on sale.

Tldr: game is broken, only sms can fix it, try to forget about the game until sms fixes it, but that won't be in the near future.

Bye. ��

I think I might wait for the patch that will probably come next week.

Just Another Frog
26-09-2017, 22:39

I'm sorry but in amongst the nonsensical stuff there are some valid points mentioned that I reluctantly have to agree with. It's ok saying ''bye'' and ''wait'' but the bottom line is that the final build of PC1 was really, really good and naturally created a very high level of exectation for the sequel, so you have to understand peoples' disappointment when they're having to wait to play a game they didn't purchase to wait to play - or worse still completely walk away from...

I'll tell you how much of an impact the whole PC1 saga had on our community. Of the 19 people I am very close friends with (and have been for around 16 years) every single one purchased PC1, yet only 4 purchased PC2. Of those 4, two have already refunded/part exchanged and one more (the one who unfortunately is my digital sharer) has enquired about me contacting MS and asking about the ''fit for purpose'' thing. It's not that PC2 is technially poor, it's just that none of them feel they should once more have to wait for it to become great.
On a more cynical note some of our group are of the belief that the console versions (in particular XB1) haven't been upto standard for quite a while (hence the total silence right upto launch) but from a commercial point of view had to be in marketplace before FMS7 hit the shelves. Although i'm pretty sure SMS will be quick to dismiss this, whilst the overall looks of the game are very impressive indeed, the general quality of PC2 does rather suggest it wasn't ready for release so you can understand their viewpoint and their reluctance to buy the game.

Well, my career mode has reset for the 4th time so I'm now left with the prospect of starting afresh. It's a good job i don't mind, isn't it?
Oh yes, before I forget.... I refunded him his half of the game. I'll risk the long haul.

SCOTSGOD
27-09-2017, 01:11
Just lost 17 hrs of progress on the PC no errors came up , i just loaded the game and all accolades earned etc totally gone hopefully a patch for this issue comes out before i start again as for now i will hold off starting another one just incase :(

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 09:41
A possible workaround for you guys:

A possible fix for career progress loss on Xbox One:

If you encounter the problem where exiting a career session makes the game freeze then crash to the Xbox dashboard, DO NOT start the game again instantly. The freeze almost certainly corrupted the save file and if you start the game again, it will overwrite your old save with the new one which doesn't include your career progress. It will also automatically overwrite the save file in the cloud, so your progress is lost forever.

What I did last time is before starting the game again, I went to Manage Game and deleted the local save file.

- Press the Menu (Start) button on the game tile
- Choose "Manage Game"
- Go to "Save File"
- Select and choose "Delete from this Xbox" (and NOT "Delete everywhere")

After this, start the game. Since it has no save file on the console, it will pull the save file from Xbox Live, which, hopefully still has your old career.

The last time I encountered this freeze bug I did this method and it seemed to work, my career remained intact. However, it's not 100% that I'm right. Maybe I was just lucky that the freeze didn't delete my progress. So this is still a huge, game breaking bug.

Also, this doesn't help those who simply start the game and their career is gone, although they encountered no problems or freezes before whatsoever.

Just Another Frog
27-09-2017, 13:02
A possible workaround for you guys:

Thank you - very much appreciated.

Sankyo
27-09-2017, 13:09
Just lost 17 hrs of progress on the PC no errors came up , i just loaded the game and all accolades earned etc totally gone hopefully a patch for this issue comes out before i start again as for now i will hold off starting another one just incase :(
Do you remember what were the last steps/actions in the game before you closed it?

Canadian_2Four
27-09-2017, 14:20
I have a separate hard drive for my Xbox and haven't experienced any trouble with the game freezing or deleting my career. However i'm only in the Clio cup championship so far and have done every race with full practise/qualifying and races with no issues even skipping qualifying when I set the fastest lap has no issues with the AI setting extreme lap times. Maybe there's just a bug when you get further into career, fingers crossed this doesn't happen now as me and Nicolas Hamilton are battling for points right now. :)

GabeAbbott
27-09-2017, 16:31
Only made an account to say I had the same issue, closed my game after grafting from karts to Formula A, started it the next day and my career, accolades and invitational events were all gone... gutted:(

LukeC1991
27-09-2017, 16:36
Only made an account to say I had the same issue, closed my game after grafting from karts to Formula A, started it the next day and my career, accolades and invitational events were all gone... gutted:(

That’s the progress I had made before mine got wiped too. I’m not bothering with career until it’s patched. Gutting though because I was so close to getting to the Indy championship, and I really want to do that :(

GabeAbbott
27-09-2017, 20:09
Same here, was looking forward to tryinga full-length Indy 500 and seeing how far I'd make it! :D At least we can restart from catagory we got too (sort of), it's just annoying as I was trying to get those 'lifetime career goals' and acheivements for starting in tier 6 and working your way up to tier 1.

mobee
27-09-2017, 20:10
I put in about 9 hours of game play since Friday. I played it Monday evening was at the Rally X stage. Came to play it last night and was unable to continue career. All my stats are there. Is it something they will be able to fix? I also have the pre ordered the deluxe forza 7 so I will be playing that Friday.

AbeWoz
27-09-2017, 20:12
i know PC1 this issue was tied, in part, to race replays being automatically saved to the microsoft cloud. check your saved replay/image file in the game and delete anything there.

mascal4
28-09-2017, 02:45
So... after over 20 hours in career, I load my game today, and all my single player progress is gone. All of it.

This was game that I was willing to forgive the bugs and the glitches up to now. It is an unforgiving and game breaking glitch. I bought the digital copy on the Xbox store, and I am getting a refund right now.

This is only way that developers will ever understand, to hurt them in their wallets.

At least I will have a real game tomorrow, not this buggy and glitchy "game".

Rockefelluh
28-09-2017, 05:51
Plenty of threads exist on this topic already.

Bealdor
28-09-2017, 06:12
Threads merged.

B3LLZICO
28-09-2017, 09:10
Again same thing here,my saved game data disappeared and I had to start again!

angelus388
28-09-2017, 13:08
What a total nightmare!!!

Firstly ive had to set up an account and the first topic that I have to post about is that my 17 hour career has gone and im gutted as this seems to be a bug that alot of people are having issues with.

I put up with issues in the first project cars and im sorry to say that im not willing to start another career in case this happens again.

You shouldnt be putting games out for release with game shattering bugs and with the fact that there are a few racing games coming out soon unless this gets patched and my career restored ill be seeking a refund for this game.

I cant beleive after the first game that youve let this one startto have issues only days after release.

Im playing on Xbox one.

mascal4
28-09-2017, 13:46
From what I heard, everyone who lost his/her career progress was in Tier 1 or 2 (myself included).
When I am in Tier 6, 5, 4 or 3 I dont lose my progress
Maybe something worth investigating.

I was in Tier 4, two thirds of the way on the RX championship.

mascal4
28-09-2017, 13:48

We have all spent good money on this game. Is it too much to ask for something that is fit for purpose?

Konan
28-09-2017, 13:53
We have all spent good money on this game. Is it too much to ask for something that is fit for purpose?

I never said that...quite the contrary actually...

mobee
28-09-2017, 14:12
I was in Tier 4, two thirds of the way on the RX championship.

I had just started the RX championship too. I never had any issues with PC1

My copy of PC2 is the digital version not the disk version

mascal4
28-09-2017, 14:23
I had just started the RX championship too. I never had any issues with PC1

My copy of PC2 is the digital version not the disk version

Never had any issues with PC1 as well, as a matter of fact I was one of the very first people to "1000" it. My PC2 copy is digital as well. Got the refund, told MS Support that the game is not fit for purpose, and I was refunded as they admitted that they had several people contacting them about the same issue. Will buy a physical version when it eventually becomes fixed/patched. In the meantime I have WRC7 and Forza7 to keep me occupied.

Gabrielmpf
28-09-2017, 18:41
Will buy a physical version when it eventually becomes fixed/patched.

Aren't the physical and digital versions the same thing, since you have to install the whole game to the HDD? Unless you want the possibility of reselling.

Anyway, I don't see this thing fixed anytime soon, and if Microsoft is offering refunds, I guess there's nothing left for me to do but asking for one as well. I don't want a game I'm not enjoying at the moment occupying HDD space. We'll see how this turns out in a few months. And this is not the only big issue atm. I found Road cars handle horribly, like you're in an ice rink. They slide all over the place. I've just been playing PC1 and the handling, honestly, feels much better all around, not just Road cars. There's a lot of graphical problems on the Xbox One, as well.

Bottom line, the game is a mess right now. It feels like it's in the beta stage. And to think I've said that PC2 was going to be better than FM7. Boy, was I wrong. Yes, Forza hasn't been released yet, but I'd bet good money that it won't have over 95% of bugs found in PC2.

Saying I'm utterly disappointed would be an understatement. I had high hopes for this game. It promised so much...

dreampage
28-09-2017, 18:46
Today I loaded up the game and my career was nowhere to be found.

Again.

This is the second time my progress is lost. First during Tier 1, now during Tier 2. I don't know if high tiers are related to the bug but maybe it's a good point to look at.

I last played yesterday, quit the game normally, there were no issues with it (well, apart from the dozens of other minor bugs, but I mean it didn't freeze). Today I started the game and my career was simply gone.

Added info: I never quit games quickly so obviously the game saved properly before I quit it (the saving icon disappeared from the screen).

Pbucko
28-09-2017, 19:05
why are people starting there career mode again, its a known issue, wait for the patch then start again.

Kgiorgionek
28-09-2017, 23:26
Hello everyone
Tonight my profile and my career on pc2 xbox one are disappeared, I don't know why but after 20 hours of career..... I want cry.... Any suggestion? Maybe is a server problem?
Thanks

PervasiveFall8
29-09-2017, 00:26
Career mode lost. I was 2hr+ Race at lasrathe to give me triple crown and the twice at the top and that would have been the hall of fame page being entirely gold

I was going to do my third manufacture tonight and a couple invitationals and then do my race Friday night.

Kind of sucks. I would have redone it. But only after getting cheevios out of the way. Wind out of the sails. I don't understand how a game save is affected? But have all cheevements that I did and apparently stats. So now I'm 20hours from getting back to where I was?

Kgiorgionek
29-09-2017, 05:44
??
Whatsappen
For this problem I'm selling the game **** pc2, I will buy FM7

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 06:15
Threads merged.
Please watch your language.

Birkhoff92
29-09-2017, 06:49
for now , i have no problem on xbox one ... I'm driving in Prototype C , transworld competitions .... but there is problems with IA ...

Birkhoff92
29-09-2017, 06:52
i am in tier 4 and , for now , i am playing with my career ( ended with formula renault 3.5 , now in Prototype C)

Kgiorgionek
29-09-2017, 09:06
So no solutions to this problem? The career is definitely lost?
Because seriously I'm selling the game, better i resend to Amazon... because is unacceptable

Bealdor
29-09-2017, 09:07
There's a workaround available for now: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51983-known-issue-Career-progress-gone&p=1370440&viewfull=1#post1370440

Kgiorgionek
29-09-2017, 10:46
I never had a freeze just lost the career after a couple of hours without use the game..
I don't mind, bye bye PC2... Welcome to FM7

Gabrielmpf
29-09-2017, 13:04
Just talked with Microsoft support about the game's issues and had my purchase refunded immediately. I'm satisfied for one part but sad for another.
I didn't do this lightly either. In over 25 years of gaming, this was the first time I asked for a refund on a game, which just makes it even more sad.
I was expecting so much for this game that the disappointment was really high. I can't touch the game anytime soon. We'll see next summer how it handled all these problems, and only when it's heavily discounted or free with GWG.

I urge anybody who has been affected by the game's breaking bugs to ask Microsoft for a refund. Just describe the problem and that other players have been refunded already.
The developer needs to be hurt so they know how awful it is to release a broken game in a beta stage. We deserved better. So much better.

Until then, I'll stick with PC1 and Forza 7.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but when you pay good money for a game and expect it to be in a playable stage, it's not asking for the moon, I reckon.

Lukeymonster
29-09-2017, 13:19
Just talked with Microsoft support about the game's issues and had my purchase refunded immediately. I'm satisfied for one part but sad for another.
I was expecting so much for this game that the disappointment was really high. I can't touch the game anytime soon. We'll see next summer how it handled all these problems, and only when it's heavily discounted or free with GWG.

I urge anybody who has been affected by the game's breaking bugs to ask Microsoft for a refund. Just describe the problem and that other players have been refunded already.
The developer needs to be hurt so they know how awful it is to release a broken game in a beta stage. We deserved better. So much better.

Until then, I'll stick with PC1 and Forza 7.

Sorry if I seem harsh, but when you pay good money for a game and expect it to be in a playable stage, it's not asking for the moon, I reckon.

I was a huge advocate for PCars 1. I loved it but then lost my entire career progress way into the game. I did everything at 100% distance, had tunes for tons of tracks and cars. Testing alone I had a monumental amount of time put it. Started over and from then on lost my career 3 more times over the course of playr. It never got fixed. After the 4th time the game I advocated for never got played again.

Hopefully this gets rectified in the first patch. I really really love PCars 2 so far. Sure a few warts will get removed, but if I have to deal with losing my career progress again I'll flip. So far however all is going well

Gabrielmpf
29-09-2017, 13:28
From what I gathered the career loosing bug happens when a player is well advanced in the game, like tier 2 and 1. If you are already past that, maybe you got lucky. Try not to leave the game when you're in the middle of a season.

I just didn't have the patience to wait for the fixes. Maybe it gets fixed on the first patch, maybe it doesn't. But there are so many bugs, I have my doubts they will all be addressed in one patch. I didn't pay to be beta testing a game. What do the QA guys do anyway? How can they not see this problem with anyone at QA who has spent 20 hours with the game? It's inexcusable. They knew this would happen, but they needed the game out before the competition. Bug fixing later...

Pbucko
29-09-2017, 14:16
It seems to me that loosing your career is standard for sim racing games, lost it twice on p cars 1, never started it again, Assetto lost everything after 12 months, p cars 2 haven’t started career yet, I will when it’s fixed.

Methadone Man
29-09-2017, 16:50
It was unfortunate that I also had to get a refund for my digital Xbox copy. The game cannot be played. It's a fine game otherwise and I hope to pick it up again next year if the game is playable. But there's no reason to own a game that I cannot play with my wheel and I don't have confidence that the game will even save my progress. Those issues are racing 101.

There is nothing spiteful in my decision. It was very regretful. I own and played the first PC1.

Gabrielmpf
29-09-2017, 18:52
Exactly my thoughts, 'Methadone Man'. It was a very difficult decision on my part. Waiting for it to be playable, and probably build a hate for a game that won't ever be enjoyable otherwise, or focus on other games for now and pick it up when it's in a more acceptable state.
Also, I think asking for the refund is like saying to the developer that this is not OK. The game should've been delayed. As much as I hate delays, I hate unplayable games, ridden with bugs, even more.

I've also returned to PC1 and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Really hope that the game will overcome all these issues with time. I'm a racing fan and my wish is to play as much racing games as I can.

Jayerton
29-09-2017, 19:38
Im so glad im not the only one. Such a poor show,who tests these games?? Its going back to the amazon store.

dreampage
29-09-2017, 20:23
Im so glad im not the only one. Such a poor show,who tests these games?? Its going back to the amazon store.

I think I read somewhere (possibly on this forum but not sure) that the game was actually not tested by SMS but a third-party QA firm. I think they simply didn't do their job. SMS or Bandai-Namco should look into this. These bugs are huge, and you don't even have to play that much to find them all the time. All they would've had to do was to play the game normally for 10-20 hours. I reviewed the game and even during the review process I was shocked that almost everywhere I went in the game I found some anomaly or ridiculous bug. I could never play through the career because it is lost before the end. It's outrageous, and if true that a third-party was responsible for this part then SMS should check the process because something was not right at this production. Every game have bugs at the time of release but the state of this game is unacceptable.

Rockefelluh
29-09-2017, 21:12
I think I read somewhere (possibly on this forum but not sure) that the game was actually not tested by SMS but a third-party QA firm. I think they simply didn't do their job. SMS or Bandai-Namco should look into this. These bugs are huge, and you don't even have to play that much to find them all the time. All they would've had to do was to play the game normally for 10-20 hours. I reviewed the game and even during the review process I was shocked that almost everywhere I went in the game I found some anomaly or ridiculous bug. I could never play through the career because it is lost before the end. It's outrageous, and if true that a third-party was responsible for this part then SMS should check the process because something was not right at this production. Every game have bugs at the time of release but the state of this game is unacceptable.

Not necessarily only the third party fault. Could be SMS did not defined the test criteria well enough. Nevertheless some of the bugs are very obvious and should be caught by SMS in house while (if) they play on xbox.

cxMilk
29-09-2017, 23:20
General questions I'm curious about concerning this issue and wondering if there's any preventative measures that can be taken until a patch drops. Asking since I'm primarily a career player and I don't exactly have the desire to go through the same mess a number of others appear to be going through. Plus, maybe it can help some others ease their mind who currently are on the fence about whether to continue career mode or wait for a patch.

-General consensus appears to be that this bug appears in either Tier 1 or 2, though a few people have mentioned Tier 4, I think? Is this correct?
-For those who have had their career saves deleted, do you have a lot of other stuff saved too? Multiple setups, replays, photos?
-Has this only ever happened in the middle of a season or has it ever happened to anyone at the end of a season as well? Having a save between seasons?
-Has it happened while working through Manufacturer Drives and/or Invitationals as well, or solely while working your way through the career calendar?
-Apart from specific tiers, I'm curious if it happens during specific disciplines too. Think I at least saw LMP1, Indycar, and WRX mentioned?

Some people mentioned this happens after the career mode locks or freezes. I've had that happen myself after attempting to watch a replay, but my save was fine. For those who lost their saves without having a freeze happen beforehand, is there anything out of the ordinary that did or might have occurred, or is it simply a case of properly backing out to XBox home, closing out the game, shutting down the XBox, then next day - poof, no save? I have seen people mention this, but curious if there's anything out of the ordinary that you may have done in game from the time the career last auto-saved until you closed out the software.

Does anyone (mods/devs) know if SMS has an idea why this might be happening? Not meant to be a cheeky way of demanding explanation from SMS or knowledge of when it'll be fixed. More so curious if SMS has enough information to go on to replicate the issue themselves or have been able to pinpoint the cause for a fix. Unfortunately, most of the descriptions so far seem vague; understandably since most of the reports are likely written out of anger or frustration. Hence all I can seem to gather at the moment is that it appears to happen in Tier 1 or 2, but even that's not definitive since a lower Tier has been mentioned more than once. As such, I believe I, myself, am safe since I'm still stumbling around in Tier 6, but it is a pretty big elephant in the room nonetheless.

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 00:53
I didn't have any game freezes. I was in tier one. It was my second tier one event and I was on third race of short season- I already qualified for race and I exit it when I saw it was 2+ hours and I didn't have the time to do that. I exit no freeze and quit game like I normally, manage game quit then sign out. I hard rest every other day, this particular time my Xbox didn't (doubt that has anything to do with anything)

I did karts, gt5, GT4, group5 (Renns), gt3 (switched to short season and lowered difficulty a ton due to NSX gt3), Indy car, then noticed all the tier 6,5,4 were all locked? I then did formula x (to get azure of triple crown), did Ralley cross, lmp3 and then endurance unlocked in tier one me did that to complete my triple crown andto get my twice at the top and I finished quali and was on pole and all I needed to do was do the two hour and little bit race but next startup I didn't have a career

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 01:01
I wail be curious to as well to have an idea of what is going on so as to avoid
I notice ther are some odd setup issues - Toyota 040 was showing my aston GT4 setups to load- which is why I thomas get the car was being so unruly for me- but right now on second attempt on c proto- jag setup (which was simple lower coast ramp to 30) is gone and now it says Renault 3.5 (never driven) and zhuhai circuit?

Any clues to anything may or may not do let us know please.

uberschall
30-09-2017, 01:11
really sad boys, lost my account just now :( 22 hrs poof

Methadone Man
30-09-2017, 02:24
really sad boys, lost my account just now :( 22 hrs poof

Duuuuude! 22 hours?! That's a real kick in the jewels.

That's like the kind of stuff game designers intentionally do to pirated copies of their games. I was actually watching the YouTube video while ago of clever ways that game designers deal with copyright infringement and pirated games. Some of them made it so that their pirated games would delete the game after so many hours. Some of the pirated copies you couldn't even get past a certain level.

moeder_theresa
30-09-2017, 05:14
Hi guys.

From what I read and experienced myself, i think that I found the cause maybe.
Only when I save and quit the game during an uncompleted season (e.g. 2 races completed from 4), mostly in higher tiers (1 and 2), my career progress vers deleted.
Now, I only quit after A completed season, and my progress is still there.
Hope this helps.

Ps: plz bring a patch for this asap.

cxMilk
30-09-2017, 05:36
Hi guys.

From what I read and experienced myself, i think that I found the cause maybe.
Only when I save and quit the game during an uncompleted season (e.g. 2 races completed from 4), mostly in higher tiers (1 and 2), my career progress vers deleted.
Now, I only quit after A completed season, and my progress is still there.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

One other question based on what PervasiveFall8 wrote:

... It was my second tier one event and I was on third race of short season- ...
For those who are experiencing this, are you running short seasons or full seasons?

Thinking most people may be running short seasons considering how many tiers or seasons they're managing to get through before their save is deleted, but then they could just be running very low percentage lengths. Has anyone run 100% length full seasons, all sessions, and had this happen? Obviously, moeder_theresa's findings would be moot in such a scenario lest the game is left on for a few days in order to get through a single season. That's how I run career and am not exactly keen on having to use such a workaround if that's the case.

moeder_theresa
30-09-2017, 05:54
I play long seasons but short races. For testing purposes.

Lewy
30-09-2017, 08:27
Last Tuesday It happened to me when I chose to do one of the manufacturer drives in the middle of a short season in the last tier.
After the race finished and you press A to continue it froze the screen and the sound, I didnít know about the ďdelete game save from consoleĒ workaround then and just restarted the Xbox and game.
Once the game rebooted the saved career had gone and all accolades and trophies.
I did notice that when I started a new career the first 5 tiers were already unlocked. Also the other career I had going was still there.
Iíve now got 3 careers going just incase it happens again :D

RapidDemon
30-09-2017, 12:54
Just registered to add my experience with the game. I’ve lost two 20+ hour careers, I took completely separate routes in both. Did long seasons/short races and Short seasons/short races. Both My saves got erased in tier 3 but in different categories. The only link I can think of is Manufacturers proving grounds, I did the Ginetta both times shortly before. I’ve had no crashes or freezing.

With that aside, We’ve been suffering the same issue since PC1 and you think they’ll fix it? No chance this is going to go away as they clearly have no idea what causes it. To say I’m fuming is an understatement and SMS’s seeming indifference to this and the many other problems only add to my frustration.

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 13:26
Just so there is more data, I was here when everything went to zero. (Your stats still show)
30 hours played
123 starts
62 wins
67 podium
47 pole positions
-
My last races were setup bugged the Toyota LMP1 was showing GT4 setups I had made the only way I could make car drivable was to reset to defaults every time.
-
I was doing short seasons-I think from gt3 on but that would have been
Gt3,Indy, lmp3, formula x, Rx (can't remember which one think the one that was in line with lmp3 tier), then quitting out on 3/3 endurance quali complete. Just needs race full seasons prior to GT3
-
I am almost 100% positive that I exited game prior to completing a season in GT4 (that was full season) and I think I took a break on GT3,that car was driving me nuts.
-
Other odd thing was all the lower tiers were all locked. I couldn't even choose formula rooki or Carmen's or anything like that even though I had already did Indy cars.
-
I had never exited having qualified prior to race. I would usually finish and environment. But again it was 2+hours long (24 hours of lemans) I would have been 8/8 on lifetime goals if I had played the 2hours
-
There was no freeze, I saw 2hours plus and saw it was 10:35pm and decided I would come back to it Friday. Thursday on start up no invitatiinsals to do or driver career to select
---
As far as manufacturer I did 2 completely ginetta (first) and Chevy after Indy cars.
I had BMW, Aston, Acura open to do.
--
Only a single career save I didn't have multiples

I'm working through career again. I did an exit from race after quali and quit game and restart on c prototype and career didn't reset. I had such a good time on Renault RS01 that I forgot to do it. Starting tier 2 formula x and I will see if I can deliberately get career to reset. I'm doing short season, short race and I will quit out after completing quali in middle of season
--

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 18:08
I can tell I'm getting REAL tired of the freaking setups in the car not sticking or being freaking totally different in career.
If you like car in default set up you are good to go totally wrong enjoyable

God forbid if you'd like to (in career) have set up for formula x that changes FD and diff. I change the DD and now my 3 and 4 th gear are the same (even though not the same) the damn setup says until COTA and or I've had them been ZIA and not even the same car. It's extremely upsetting.

Karts are good once you realize to keep throttle applied to stop hyper turn on braking - let down on the single gear though and reallylu miss the super karts

Formula rookie was good. The decel dif was a bit loose for me and no way to adjust so again keep a bit throttle applied while braking and downshift a bit latter

The aston martin GT4 was heaven made some setups that promptly disappeared and were unable to be loaded on car but somehow ended up showing when I was in toyota040 LMP1 when career decided to reset as if I'd done nothing.

Renault RS01 was another default setup that I loved and supper enjoyable because I didn't have to change anything so it no set up issues plaguing my experience

It's getting real hard keeping positive. I love the tracks. Love the cars. Love that line of rubber that develops, and twilight to night and the shadow of your car with a car behind you at night. The game has so much potential to be completely and totally awesome. Wondering if I should just abandon XBOX ALL TOGETHER AT THIS POINT.

moeder_theresa
30-09-2017, 20:17
The game is out for a week now and I still can't play it. :-(
Where is this patch? I payed 70€ for nothing.
30 Hours into Forza 7 and still no problems.

Plato99
30-09-2017, 21:05
30 Hours into Forza 7 and still no problems.

apart from the problem of loads of useless 4x4s, sedans, vans, and online lobbies populated with screaming 8 year old American children.

moeder_theresa
30-09-2017, 21:09
I dont care for online.
Everything works.
PC2 doesn't work, period. PC1 also was Full of bugs.
Haven't them learned?

Neurotoxin
01-10-2017, 01:57
Gone. Poof.

ps421982
01-10-2017, 05:36
How and where can you do this? I can't find where to request a refund. I spent $90 on this shit game and I want me money back.

Aldo Zampatti
01-10-2017, 05:40
How and where can you do this? I can't find where to request a refund. I spent $90 on this shit game and I want me money back.

FYI for everyone who is polite, this is how you should NOT comment on a forum for the first time. He can get a refund from whoever he bought the game from, I would assume.

ps4219821
01-10-2017, 06:48
Thought I would share that I was just able to get my money refunded by Microsoft due to losing my career save. Worth a shot if you are unhappy with this game.

ps4219821
01-10-2017, 06:51
Thank you and have a blessed fucking day.

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 07:47
This is the reason us Mods have to come down with a heavy hand at times guys, so take note.
Also he probably never even had the game.

Pbucko
01-10-2017, 08:13
I’ve been playing online in private lobbies since release, the game is pretty solid, much much better than p cars 1 was. A couple of my mates have lost there career save, I haven’t started the career side of the game yet. Is there any official word yet if the cause has been found, and if a fix is on the horizon. Thank You.

MrVance210
01-10-2017, 14:20
When i started up the game today (xbox 1), my career is gone. In the statistics its still there, but my driver profile is gone.
How can i get it back?

PervasiveFall8
01-10-2017, 16:08
Sux. Same happened to me 30hours in over in Xbox section there is thread. I'm on my second one and just got to tier one again. I'm doing it this time without doing a manufacture drives this time as that seemed to be a common denominator, that and short seasons. Dunno but there is its own thread over in Xbox section

cxMilk
01-10-2017, 20:09
Was worried this thread met a bad end after some recent posts as I had some trouble finding it. Seems it just moved into General Discussion. :confused:

Has this issue become more prevalent across other systems now?

PervasiveFall8
01-10-2017, 20:18
I thought it was still Xbox one. The person that started thread in general - info said he was Xbox, so dunno ��*♀️

RapidDemon
01-10-2017, 22:12
‘Let’s bury this thread in general and hope it all goes away because we have no idea how to fix it’

Mods, instead of laying sarcastic comments at people who are rightly and fairly upset and try to pass off complaints as trolling, be helpful or even, god forbid, apologetic for the mess of the game you’re trying to defend.

Roger Prynne
01-10-2017, 22:16
^ What the hell are you on about fella?
Just here to cause trouble or what?
I suggest that you change your attitude.

Vitalricker
01-10-2017, 22:48
I've had the same issue

PervasiveFall8
02-10-2017, 00:43
Well I'm one race away from where I lost save last time. This time no manufacture drives done, no invitationals (didn't do the last time)
Differences. This time when I won tier one the first time - all races in all tiers were unlocked. This wasn't the case on my last play. So I started second tier one championship - short season endurance need to quali and race the 24hours of Lemans (shortest time) so I stopped the season and shit down we'll see what I got tomorrow night. Hope I get to race and win for the achievements to pop. I'm 18hours into second playthough.

PervasiveFall8
02-10-2017, 01:05
Can you explain detail as happened to you or noticed?

I'm assuming you had three seasons saved at same time? Or did it happen to you three times?
Did you do manufacturer drives, invitationals, did game freeze, which championship did it happen on. Was it in middle of championship? You never know there may be a common denominator that we can avoid until a patch.

aelson.guerra
02-10-2017, 01:08
It just happened with me today. When I powered on my console and load the game my profile just gone. Workaround doesen't work. I'm waiting my head cool down after lost my 30 hours of progress. Right now, I'm very frustrated because I buyed the digital pre-order deluxe edition believing have fun with this game.

Rockefelluh
02-10-2017, 02:52
This required a new thread? There are many threads on this already. Can be seen on first page even!

Aldo Zampatti
02-10-2017, 02:55
This required a new thread? There are many threads on this already. Can be seen on first page even!

Merged

dreampage
02-10-2017, 11:15
My first career loss was after 25 hours, the second was after about a further 6-8 hours. I haven't started a third career since. I have other games to play but I'm so disappointed because I would really like to dig myself into Project CARS 2. Do long championships and long races, really sink my teeth into it. But I can't since no matter how much time and effort I put in it the progress is just going to disappear. In my opinion this is both the best and the most disappointing racing game of the year. I'll wait for the patch but until this gets resolved I will not play it.

Lewy
02-10-2017, 12:57
Did some testing with the career mode.
Before I switched my Xbox off last night I did one of the proving ground races for Ferrari.
Today upon starting the game, the career profile I was using has been deleted again.
I wonder if it is something to do with the manufacturer invites and doing them in the middle of a career causes the problem
Because that’s what happened the first time round with me.
Just a thought!!

dreampage
02-10-2017, 18:41
Oh yes, I forgot to add something: interestingly, after the progress is deleted and I start a new career, the manufacturer "Proving Ground" races that I unlocked in my previous career remain unlocked. That means, although the factory races themselves are gone, the manufacturers themselves are open, even though I have no career progress whatsoever. For example, on my first career I unlocked two manufacturers (BMW and Ferrari). After the career was lost and I started anew, the proving ground races were immediately available for those two brands.

So the game indeed knows that we had a previous career, some kind of data must have remained there. And as Lewy stated before me, these may have something to do with the career loss as well. Maybe this helps investigating the issue.

Mad Al
02-10-2017, 19:15
Just a quick question... did any of you check under the Manage Drivers to see if the career was still available there and just not showing as in progress ?

If it is in there you should be able to load that (you can have up to 5 concurrent careers running)

I just don't see anyone mentioning looking there ?

MrVance210
02-10-2017, 19:50
Just a quick question... did any of you check under the Manage Drivers to see if the career was still available there and just not showing as in progress ?

If it is in there you should be able to load that (you can have up to 5 concurrent careers running)

Checked it right now. There's only 1 driver profile to choose, the new career i started today.

Just noticed the same as dreampage , the affinity for the brands i unlocked in the lost career are still unlocked.

PervasiveFall8
02-10-2017, 20:00
There was no option to load. The career disappears and the only thing diffentet then starting up new game for first time is that you do have stats so it opens proving grounds to ever manufactured that you have enough mileage for

ra0684
03-10-2017, 01:05
Twice already this has occurred, I start a new career and more than half way done with the specific tier and all of a sudden my saved profile is gone. So frustrating and really pissing me off. Is there any way this problem can be fixed?

hkraft300
03-10-2017, 01:17
Backup your profile manually.
I had to do that on PS4 with PC1. Will do the same for PC2.

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 01:32
Backup your profile manually.
I had to do that on PS4 with PC1. Will do the same for PC2.
Assuming OP's on XBox since this is in the XBox forum and this appears to be a predominately XBox-based issue. Unfortunately, not an option with XBox, less that changed in the past few months and I'm just not aware of it. Shortsighted thinking by Microsoft believing cloud storage is the ultimate answer; overlooking the fact that cloud auto backups your saves including corrupted saves. :rolleyes:

Disease
03-10-2017, 08:42
I may be wrong on this, I haven't checked pcars2, but some games show the user save data as a separate file from the game in the game management screen(press menu button when highlighting game tile) if you have an external drive you might be able to copy your save data to it, in essence making a backup, then if the cloud save resets your career your may be able to connect the drive and load career from there?? just a thought

Sankyo
03-10-2017, 08:47
Merged with existing thread.

dreampage
03-10-2017, 08:49

The Manage Drivers option is blanked out too, because there are simply no drivers to manage anymore. It's gone completely. The only option you have is to create a new driver.

dreampage
03-10-2017, 08:52
So technically it's not the game save that disappears, it's the driver you've created, with all his progress and career. The stats, settings etc. remain intact. So basically it's like as if you've deleted your driver. Only you didn't - the game did it by itself.

ST DeathGrips
03-10-2017, 12:10
My defection from forza lasted all of 30.5 hours. Oh well, back I go. Shame as I was enjoying it. The irony of it being an Xbox specific issue will not be lost on the forza devs. Thank heavens for refunds.

red_hammer
03-10-2017, 12:18
Workaround doesnt help - my game just crashed during saving, career gone (again)
Thankfully the online-profile stays the least.

cxMilk
03-10-2017, 23:21
So technically it's not the game save that disappears, it's the driver you've created, with all his progress and career. The stats, settings etc. remain intact. So basically it's like as if you've deleted your driver. Only you didn't - the game did it by itself.
I wonder, has anyone had multiple career files going? Does it wipe all of them?

z3r0cool77
04-10-2017, 00:26
Just had this for the first time, annoyed. :mad:

PervasiveFall8
04-10-2017, 00:49
Workaround doesnt help - my game just crashed during saving, career gone (again)
Thankfully the online-profile stays the least.

Did you do factory driver events? Same day you lost save?

I’ve not done any factory proving grounds or races and this time I’m able to start any championships after tier one none are locked like my last career that I lost save.
I’ve done twice at top and triple crown- all doing short seasons- except full length Indy 500. It’s hard to prove a negative but I’m thinking due to all championships being open to play something is different. The game save I lost wouldn’t let me play any of the three tiers on the left again , nor any of the tier ones, I had to rac a championship in tier 3 or two to open up another tier one. I guess I’ll just see how long it goes before losing or at some point do a factory event?

Lewy
04-10-2017, 07:34
I wonder, has anyone had multiple career files going? Does it wipe all of them?
I had 3 on the go and it does only wipe the 1 profile, leaving the other 2 available.

Lewy
04-10-2017, 07:57
Since loosing 2 lots of my career saves I had an idea.
what I did is start a new career as a dummy one but don’t use it. Carry on using my proper career profile then after I’ve finished for the day with my main career, go to manage drivers and select the dummy one. That way if it deletes anything it will only delete the career that’s in use when I turn my Xbox off.
Hope that makes sense because I’ve confused myself writing this Ha!!

Update- switched on today and the dummy career has been deleted and the main career save is still there, Nice!!

Roger Prynne
04-10-2017, 08:04
^ Good find and thanks for explaining it.
I'll pass it on.

Konan
04-10-2017, 08:20
Edited thread title...

dreampage
04-10-2017, 09:42
what I did is start a new career as a dummy one but don’t use it. Carry on using my proper career profile then after I’ve finished for the day with my main career, go to manage drivers and select the dummy one. That way if it deletes anything it will only delete the career that’s in use when I turn my Xbox off.

Update- switched on today and the dummy career has been deleted and the main career save is still there, Nice!!

This is a good find, but it also shows that the career can be lost even if you don't do anything in it. So it's not related to progress, or doing invitational or factory events, none of that. The game can simply delete your driver by itself if it wants. Your method is a good workaround but then again, what if the game freezes while you are in your "active" career? My method (deleting the local save file before starting again) doesn't necessarily saves that. Also, you're not guaranteed to always remember to switch back to the dummy career, not always have the time to do so either. It's a chore to be honest, handling a game like this. The bugs still need to be addressed.

robocor1
04-10-2017, 12:45
I too have just had this issue!!!! Game froze at the end of a race when I went back no career showing. I do not want to start again until there is a known fix or patch to address the issue. What is the point in having a career option if it canít be relied upon to save? Will now buy Forza 7 and put this in mothballs until itís fixed!!!!!!!!

Rockefelluh
04-10-2017, 16:50
what I did is start a new career as a dummy one but donít use it. Carry on using my proper career profile then after Iíve finished for the day with my main career, go to manage drivers and select the dummy one. That way if it deletes anything it will only delete the career thatís in use when I turn my Xbox off.
Hope that makes sense because Iíve confused myself writing this Ha!!

Redonkulous. But I guess I'll have to do this *facepalm*

cxMilk
04-10-2017, 19:28
what I did is start a new career as a dummy one but donít use it. Carry on using my proper career profile then after Iíve finished for the day with my main career, go to manage drivers and select the dummy one. That way if it deletes anything it will only delete the career thatís in use when I turn my Xbox off.

Great find! I'll do this as a precaution so I can finally return to career mode. Been focusing on a bunch of testing waiting for a patch to drop before I return, but this sounds like it may be a proper workaround for the time being.

PervasiveFall8
04-10-2017, 19:56

This looks like a proper work around, I'm going to do this as well, that way I can go and do the Factory driver events. Nice one Lewy!

Major Epidemic
04-10-2017, 20:56
Excellent workaround. Bit of a pain but means we can continue career so definitely worth it.

Ashp01
04-10-2017, 21:40
Went to play today and my career was completely wiped...this is ridiculous I was on like my 9th season now I have to start scratch!!!!

Tonymeister
04-10-2017, 22:07
You're not alone. Take a look at this thread - there are some possible workarounds in posts #56 and #149.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51983-KNOWN-Workaround-post-56-149-Career-progress-gone/page6

Methadone Man
04-10-2017, 22:07
It's a known bug. Many people's career save game files are being deleted spontaneously. Supposedly someone has found a complex workaround for it where you have to create a fake dummy driver career and make sure you log into that before turning off your Xbox each time. You'll still have to start over again.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51983-KNOWN-Workaround-post-56-149-Career-progress-gone/page15

Rockefelluh
04-10-2017, 23:23
Literally on first page of threads.

Aldo Zampatti
05-10-2017, 00:11
Edited thread title...

And I added a note and link on 1st post also.

Konan
05-10-2017, 05:15
...even better...:cool:

dreampage
05-10-2017, 08:49
But this doesn't mean the problem is solved for good, does it? The developers are still working on a proper fix I presume. Because not all players read the forums, this workaround can only be temporary.

dwnsouthcruiser
05-10-2017, 11:12
hi all i lost my game data saves twice each time at teir 1 after hours of career how do i contact these guys as this happened on project cars 1 also every time

.cheers & happy gaming ev1

Bealdor
05-10-2017, 11:15
Threads merged.

Ashp01
05-10-2017, 11:58
The more threads you post the more the dev pay attention because clearly this is a massive issue

rpstar
05-10-2017, 12:16
Ooh, this is a scary one. This would be a game killer if anything for sure. Hope I don't run into it.

Sankyo
05-10-2017, 12:33
Threads merged.

OKnowles
05-10-2017, 12:39
Iím a massive fan of Project Cars, played the first game extensively and pre ordered the £130GBP collectors edition of PC2 as soon as I could.

Upon starting the game I noticed a few little gremlins and glitches like a disappearing HUD and/or racing line during races, Iím far from an expert so sometimes this things would throw me off slightly and cost me vital laps and races! Frustrating but could live with it, until I racked up many hours of a career mode, and after a race the game crashed. When I restarted the game my whole career had been deleted, despite all my stats and affinity etc still being present.

Massively disappointed and has put me off playing the game to be honest, I know there are workarounds being discovered as Iíve read today but thatís no good you shouldnít have to do this! Wonít be starting any new careers or playing the game any further until I see confirmation that these problems have been fixed by the developers. Have to say Iím more than ĎSlightly Madí now.

Bealdor
05-10-2017, 12:43
Threads merged.

Tonymeister
05-10-2017, 13:26
Iím a massive fan of Project Cars, played the first game extensively and pre ordered the £130GBP collectors edition of PC2 as soon as I could.

Massively disappointed and has put me off playing the game to be honest, I know there are workarounds being discovered as Iíve read today but thatís no good you shouldnít have to do this! Wonít be starting any new careers or playing the game any further until I see confirmation that these problems have been fixed by the developers. Have to say Iím more than ĎSlightly Madí now.

Couldn't agree more. Do we have any information on when to expect patches?

PervasiveFall8
05-10-2017, 14:14

Just bringing this to the new page as this is best work around and makes career playable with out fear except for when game crashes. It crashed on my primary career driver after doing first invitational in 30hours - my heart stopped. Did hard reboot and I still had my main career

dreampage
05-10-2017, 15:37
Why I'm afraid the career loss bug will not be fixed:

- Project CARS 1 had the same bug and it was never fixed.
- It only affects the Xbox One version, which means the minority of players. The developers probably focus only on multi-platform bugs.

I hope I will be proved wrong.

OKnowles
05-10-2017, 16:49
Just bringing this to the new page as this is best work around and makes career playable with out fear except for when game crashes. It crashed on my primary career driver after doing first invitational in 30hours - my heart stopped. Did hard reboot and I still had my main career

I still don’t believe we should be expected to go to this extent of effort to protect your career mode. As mentioned in my original post I can almost accept small glitches and bugs but this is crazy. I never encountered anything like this on PC1, which I also played on my Xbox one.

Roger Prynne
05-10-2017, 19:27
I still don’t believe we should be expected to go to this extent of effort to protect your career mode. As mentioned in my original post I can almost accept small glitches and bugs but this is crazy. I never encountered anything like this on PC1, which I also played on my Xbox one.

You shouldn't be expected to do that of course, it's just a workaround for know until it's fixed.

PervasiveFall8
06-10-2017, 00:23
Just reporting. My second ever invitational nd game crashed again I’m 2/2 on game crashing doing invitationals.
1st was supercar trinity - crashes after I win “great job or good job that’s what we are looking for and it freezes- I let it quit out to dash on its one start again and still have career. 2nd done was 911 GT3Rs club same thing after winning freezes right after Collins does congrats

Edit
The handling of the mclaren f1 at silver stone event was crazy stupid. Skidding side wise doing 18mph �� and when I had enough I exited the game and 3/3 game froze and went to dashboard

Edited again: 4th time was charm for not freezing, but there was little chance of me keeping the GT86 on the road in the snow I did 1st lap ok the. Couldn’t run the straight and the second lap in the blizzard I really couldn’t do the straight I chose just to exit. My tires were cold by second lap so knew 3rd lap would be useless

robocor1
06-10-2017, 07:29
So disappointing. Really looked forward to this game hoping for a great improvement on the first one. Was enjoying it until the fatal career loss! Having invested hours in career progression then to find it wiped is beyond frustrating. Will probably trade it in now!

robocor1
06-10-2017, 08:02
It would be nice to see an acknowledgdement from the developers on these pages with at the very least an apology and a commitment to get it fixed!

moeder_theresa
06-10-2017, 09:04
2 weeks and still no fix for this.
We paid for the game and we can't play it!

Roger Prynne
06-10-2017, 09:06
You guys are obviously not reading the forums.

moeder_theresa
06-10-2017, 09:11
And why is that?

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 09:34
And why is that?

Because it has been stated multiple times that the devs are working on it. We all feel the frustration of you XB1 owners, but SMS need time to find and fix the problem. In the meantime, use the dummy profile workaround.

moeder_theresa
06-10-2017, 09:40
I know you are trying to help and I do apreciate that.
But after 2 weeks of not been able to play The game on a normal manner, my patience is wearing thin.
I bought both games with all dlc and this is The second time SMS spits in my face.

Sankyo
06-10-2017, 09:43
I know you are trying to help and I do apreciate that.
But after 2 weeks of not been able to play The game on a normal manner, my patience is wearing thin.
I bought both games with all dlc and this is The second time SMS spits in my face.
You should be able to play the game with the abovementioned workaround. Or are you referring to other issues that prevent you from playing?

moeder_theresa
06-10-2017, 09:49
I dont want to workaround.
I want to play The game I paid for in a normal manner.
And I am not optimistic because The first game still has a lot of bugs.

dreampage
06-10-2017, 10:40
I can see both sides are right in this argument. I believe that the developers are working on a fix and we just have to be patient. On the other hand, this is not their first game now, and their track record does fuel players' pessimism. (No puns intended in this last sentence, sorry.) I can understand both sides of the coin here. Why players are frustrated and why moderators want to keep the discussion in a normal manner. It's not useful for anyone to accuse the developers of anything, yet it's still very hard to be patient, even with the workarounds discovered.

As for myself, I've started a third (!) career the other day, and try to enjoy it as much as possible. Using the dummy profile workaround. We'll see how it goes.

red_hammer
07-10-2017, 06:20
As it has been stated already is nowhere near to solve the problem as my career wasn't wiped out randomly, so the the dummy profile would be no help.
Instead my game is just crashing while saving after a race. And even deleting the the local save file is no help, because the cloud save got corrupted as well.

PervasiveFall8
07-10-2017, 14:38
As it has been stated already is nowhere near to solve the problem as my career wasn't wiped out randomly, so the the dummy profile would be no help.
Instead my game is just crashing while saving after a race. And even deleting the the local save file is no help, because the cloud save got corrupted as well.
Dummy method won’t save you from the crashes/ freezes that’s for sure. But the time I lost my save it was starting the game for the first time for the evening and I believe it would help there.

What did you game crash saving specifically?
Mine as begin doing it on invitationals but my save remains intact

I’m almost 100% positive that factory drives cause but not quite. I’ve not done any for 2nd career- so I’m going for diversity and 50 accolades so I’m not doing factory ones yet as they are open to any new career anyway. I’m not certain just superstitious at this point

red_hammer
07-10-2017, 17:30
@PervasiveFall8
Mine crashed twice during Rallycross - one was a career race and the other time it was an invitational with the Lancer at Dirtfish Academy.
And yes - I'm voiding invitationals for the moment as well.

SLIDESCIENCE Xbox
08-10-2017, 08:39
My career is also gone, i played last night and did so many races. Now all my progress is gone. WTF! Their must be a way this can be returned. Project Cars/SlightlyMadStudios and Bandai must have a fix for this. The saved file is still on my xbox, it is 216mb, yet all my career progress is gone. This has really pissed me off so much, hours and hours of gaming just gone...and this has NEVER EVER happened to me in any game i have ever played in the last 10years on console

marcoma
08-10-2017, 13:37
one more victim here

PervasiveFall8
08-10-2017, 14:40
Sorry no fix as of yet and I Am pretty sure you career progress is lot. Yes you have game save (MO, stats etc but the career you allowed 5 slots and your able to delete them, I believe this is what is happening and I doubt that it’s retrievable. I totally empathize with those that lost careers I’ve lost mine at 30hours.
The below only works when it’s not a game freeze or crash- but would have helped mine.

Invitations seem to make game crash (I’ve crashed 5 times on invitational and not lost career yet)
Factory drives also seem to spur on career loss. The below may help:

Lost my career again and it was my main one not my dummy one
I was doing Rx lites tier 3
Never did a factory drive
My career progression was
Karts/FRookie/ sc / proto c/ RS01/ Formula x/ Indy/ endurance/ Indy/ super trofeo/ Rx lites only made it my environment won moved and stopped play for the day

Not sure how many accolades I was up to- wonder if this is trigger now? Seems like I will never get to 50 - xbox live lb says I have 94 now. I was at 46 per live when it quit out last time so it’s anout the same this time? Least close to same numbers. Some thing seems off in the counting though

My stats: 50.4 (last loss happens at 30 so 20hs)
(Will add later I’m just so disappointed I can’t manage this at this time)

I don’t even understand why we can delete career saves if you didn’t have that it wouldn’t be able to be triggered!

Blackers722
08-10-2017, 17:17
I've noticed that when you go from controller to wheel then back to controller it seems to delete your profile. Because I kept playing with my control and it was fine, didn't have my stuff deleted, then I decided to play my game using my wheels, then quit, came back a day later and played with my control and bam gone. Save game gone.

Methadone Man
08-10-2017, 17:28

So you did the workaround with creating a dummy driver, and the game still deleted your main driver career save?

Sankyo
08-10-2017, 17:32
I've noticed that when you go from controller to wheel then back to controller it seems to delete your profile. Because I kept playing with my control and it was fine, didn't have my stuff deleted, then I decided to play my game using my wheels, then quit, came back a day later and played with my control and bam gone. Save game gone.

Is it reproducible? Could be a coincidence.

Sankyo
08-10-2017, 17:34

Did you switch to the dummy profile before exiting the game? Or did you lose your main profile due to a game crash?

PervasiveFall8
08-10-2017, 19:09
I’m pretty sure I was on my dummy account when I left the game Friday night. I’m not positive anymore but I am pretty sure.

Figured I work on factory drives now that career is gone - definitely not factory drives that made my last career save disappear

I didn’t have crash.

I finished 1st RX LITES track (all the quali, race, finals etc) and then left game. I doubting everything, I am pretty certain I switch players. As I even thought the game was going to delete, I took as cren shot of career progress and it put locks up on a bunch of races and I’ve won teir 1 3x already.

Blackers722
08-10-2017, 19:41
I have always read about the bug happening, everything was fine with my career until I played with my wheel. Will check again

moeder_theresa
09-10-2017, 20:10
Still no fix for this???

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 20:41
Give it a rest will you please.

moeder_theresa
09-10-2017, 20:44
That's a good one.
You funny guy. ;-)

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 20:49
Yep I sure am :smile-new:

LukeC1991
09-10-2017, 21:49
Iím a bit gutted thereís still no proper fix for this, itís been 2 weeks since my career deleted and thereís no way Iím starting it again until a confirmed fix is released in a patch. Dreading having to do it all again though, I put about 30 hours into my career that got deleted :(

lancashirelad
09-10-2017, 22:02
I know it's a pain but have any of you guys losing your saves tried saving your progress onto a usb stick after each race? Would take a little longer but better than losing everything.

cxMilk
10-10-2017, 01:13
I know it's a pain but have any of you guys losing your saves tried saving your progress onto a usb stick after each race? Would take a little longer but better than losing everything.
Not an option with Xbox. One of the magnificently short-sighted ideas by Mircosoft that cloud saving will solve all our troubles.

Actually, the way I understand it, technically this can be done, however you have to backup the entire game as well? Might be wrong, but based on what I've read, that's how I understood it.

lancashirelad
10-10-2017, 03:10
Not an option with Xbox. One of the magnificently short-sighted ideas by Mircosoft that cloud saving will solve all our troubles.

Actually, the way I understand it, technically this can be done, however you have to backup the entire game as well? Might be wrong, but based on what I've read, that's how I understood it.

Right ok, was not sure about Xbox as I'm on PS4 and have backed up saves before on usb. Personally I'm waiting for the patch before I start a career. Plenty of other stuff to do in the meantime.

PervasiveFall8
10-10-2017, 04:16
Career number 3.
I figured I might as well do the factory events and see if I can get that achievement (also did Quick play achievements)
I’ve done 3 factory events completely plus open d up 3 more for total of 15events. Three freezes, a single invitational freeze, and karts, sportcars (radical) going to start on tier 4

So I can safely say it’s not factory events... really wondering if it’s linked to number of accolades? Or it just happens when it happens?

Only need diversity and 50 accolades and the rest of the achievements are multi player. I would really like the setup issues gone before really tackling multiplayer. So I might start concentrating on some setups and TT and Quick races learning the tracks coming up if I can make it through a career cycle and get to 50 accolades prior to it quitting- trying dummy account again and making sure I switch. I swear I did. Guess I’ll find out sooner or later

clark72
11-10-2017, 09:20
I fell victim to this last night, 18 hours spent in career mode gone. I had just started in the final tier and did one GT3 race, finished it and my career got deleted. Even the morning after I'm struggling to put my frustrations into words without ranting. I bought the download version with season pass so I have invested £74 in this game (and I understand some people have paid more for special version) and I honestly believed I was getting a finished product or at least something close to finished, but this is clearly not the case.

I really don't feel like starting again with the career mode right now so I suppose I will have to wait until the game gets fixed (whenever that is). The career mode is the part I like the most and despite the numerous bugs I was really enjoying playing this game but this has put a real dampener on it. I had even put off buying Forza 7 because I was happy with Project Cars 2 but I will now buy it this week and see how I get on with that.

On the subject of patches. This goes a bit over my head, I'm 56 years old so probably a lot older than most of the people on here and I have no experience of patches. Are they automatically added to the game or do I have to do something to install them? Do I get sent a link to the patches? It's all a bit of a mystery so any advice/guidance would be useful.

This is my first post on here and it's unfortunate that I'm having to moan/complain but I feel really cheesed off with what's happened and it's clear many other people feel the same.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 09:45
I'm 56 years old so probably a lot older than most of the people on here
You'd be surprised how many of us old farts are on here mate.

Also I think it's automatic on XBOX, but someone else might chirp in here and confirm.

Ongias25
11-10-2017, 10:06
I'm55,patience everyone. People are working on the bugs and in due time will resolve the issues. When they do fix the them,this sim will be worth the wait. ;)

Methadone Man
11-10-2017, 17:21
On the subject of patches. This goes a bit over my head, I'm 56 years old so probably a lot older than most of the people on here and I have no experience of patches. Are they automatically added to the game or do I have to do something to install them? Do I get sent a link to the patches? It's all a bit of a mystery so any advice/guidance would be useful.

I'll be 42 next week, so I guess that makes me the youngest on this thread. :-) It is impossible to miss a required patch on any Xbox game. You don't need to do anything special. Just make sure your Xbox is connected to Xbox Live. One of two scenarios will happen:

1. Your Xbox will auto download the patch while you are at work or sleeping, if the console has the settings to allow background downloads and you just quick powerdown your Xbox each time. The next time you play the game the patch will automatically be applied and you just play the game.

2. If the above doesn't happen, then when you launch the game that hasn't yet been patched, an xbox dashboard screen auto pops up and says a required updated is needed, would you like to download then hit A. You hit A. Wait for it to download. It auto applies the download. The xbox tells you when the patch is finished. Then you launch the game again.

MarshalXZ
13-10-2017, 02:23
First I lost hours and hours of configured setups now shit my career completely, not to mention that at the Texas Motor Speedway Road Course the FPS drops a lot when I enter part S2

Rockefelluh
13-10-2017, 02:35
Known issues. Pleas at least search first page of forum before posting new thread.

PervasiveFall8
13-10-2017, 02:44
Looks like Iíll have to start career number 4 (to try and get 50 accolades and diversity

Crash out of Porsche proving ground

Had at least 5 other freezes
But this past career I completed Chevy, Aston, ginetta, Honda factory events and got 2/3 Audi , BMW proving and Porsche proving ground,
Karts- sports car- Cayman (us only)
I can say I have yet anouther champiinship I like caymanís weíre awesome in default, really enjoyed them
So radical (SC); caymans, GT4, super trofeo, RS01, Indy are all kick ass series
Only 5hours of play before losing save currently 55.3 hours which makes this shortest by far. I would have had 25 accolades (really thinking this is it or itís just completely random) as this time I only made it to tier 4, 21 accolades for factory drive events

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 04:47
Threads merged.

Zeem
13-10-2017, 21:41
So I decided to create a new career driver as part of the titled workaround in this thread, which was all well and good - until I switched back to my main driver, which appeared to not take too well to multiple careers going on. It now shows in the summary 1/1 rounds in an 'Invalid' championship with no calendar or series details.

https://i.imgur.com/dod1Ndp.jpg

Now this career save just feels closer to corruption than ever =/ Doesn't fix with restarting the game or console either. I *can* progress with the series as normal by hitting A, but it sure doesn't leave me feeling comfortable about doing so.

PervasiveFall8
13-10-2017, 22:11
Wow, that a new one @zeem.

Hard reset/ clear cache, fix?

Y22 Rydr
13-10-2017, 22:20
Wow, that a new one @zeem.

Hard reset/ clear cache, fix?

Happened to me too. I did hard reset, deleted local save, etc.
I was able to play through the series it just did not say which series and it stayed on 1 of 1 until I finished it. This was Formula Rookie.

Lukeymonster
13-10-2017, 22:38
Iím a bit gutted thereís still no proper fix for this, itís been 2 weeks since my career deleted and thereís no way Iím starting it again until a confirmed fix is released in a patch. Dreading having to do it all again though, I put about 30 hours into my career that got deleted :(

Hate to say it but I lost my career 4 times in PCars 1. Most recently in July. It's something that was never fixed in 1, for me anyway.

Konan
14-10-2017, 00:49
Patch is up...

cxMilk
14-10-2017, 00:52
So I decided to create a new career driver as part of the titled workaround in this thread, which was all well and good - until I switched back to my main driver, which appeared to not take too well to multiple careers going on. It now shows in the summary 1/1 rounds in an 'Invalid' championship with no calendar or series details.

Now this career save just feels closer to corruption than ever =/ Doesn't fix with restarting the game or console either. I *can* progress with the series as normal by hitting A, but it sure doesn't leave me feeling comfortable about doing so.
Had this happen myself when I tried the dummy workaround. I pushed through the career nonetheless and all was good. I was on the Kart series between the regional and main championship when this happened. Instead of moving on to the main championship, despite choosing it, the "invalid" championship placed me in the other regional series - the one I hadn't run yet. If anything, I took it as a happy accident because it allowed me to do both regionals before moving on to the main series. And yea, completed the "invalid" series without issue, so you should be fine on that front.

Nevertheless, I still wasn't happy that it had occurred at all and have since stopped using the dummy workaround as a precaution that it could lead to "bad things", which in turn has stopped me from playing career mode. Patch can't get here soon enough, although if the career save issue isn't fixed, pCars2 is gonna be shelved for a while as career is where I spend the vast majority of my time.

Edit: Hot Damn!! Paaaaaattttchchchchchch!!!!!!!

dreampage
14-10-2017, 07:09
Bad new guys: Game director Stephen Viljoen confirmed on this week's WGW (Warshaw Games Week) that Slightly Mad Studios cannot reproduce this bug so they can't fix it either. Chances are it will never be fixed, just like the same bug in Project CARS 1.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:36
Bad new guys: Game director Stephen Viljoen confirmed on this week's WGW (Warshaw Games Week) that Slightly Mad Studios cannot reproduce this bug so they can't fix it either. Chances are it will never be fixed, just like the same bug in Project CARS 1.

Absolutely not the case. We can't reproduce it, but we've written safety code around it and feel that should be more than adequate to stop it happening. Coming in the next patch.

dreampage
14-10-2017, 07:38
Absolutely not the case. We can't reproduce it, but we've written safety code around it and feel that should be more than adequate to stop it happening. Coming in the next patch.

Then I'll have a word with my source. Thank you.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:41
Then I'll have a word with my source. Thank you.

To be fair to Stephen, the coder who wrote the code did it yesterday and he's travelling...

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:42
To be fair to Stephen, the coder who wrote the code did it yesterday and he's travelling...

You know, I found the code checkin quite funny. I probably shouldn't but:

CL 891564 is my best crack at fixing the above issue, which is the disappearing career save problem on XB1.

We never managed to find a way to reproduce the bug, so the above CL is basically a search-and-destroy mission for any weaknesses I could find in the XB1 save code, and the implementation of a more robust backup strategy for XB1 career saves.

If the bug comes back again, I will be hiding in a cupboard in an undisclosed location

dreampage
14-10-2017, 07:50
You know, I found the code checkin quite funny. I probably shouldn't but:

As for the last sentence, well, if it does reappear after the next patch then he'll better hide! :D Thank you again for the quick assistance. I already told my source not to panic.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:53
As for the last sentence, well, if it does reappear after the next patch then he'll better hide! :D Thank you again for the quick assistance. I already told my source not to panic.

The coder in question has been doing this for 25 years now...

Not making excuses but want to give a little insight into how these edge cases can be problematic...

dreampage
14-10-2017, 07:56

Not making excuses but want to give a little insight into how these edge cases can be problematic...

I know. And partly this is why I was afraid it might never get fixed. Not because of you but because it's hard to reproduce and also platform-specific. I'm glad it's not the case.

moeder_theresa
14-10-2017, 08:52
So, can I play career again?

Edit: just tested the new patch and the game plays a lot better now.

Zeem
14-10-2017, 10:09
Had this happen myself when I tried the dummy workaround. I pushed through the career nonetheless and all was good. I was on the Kart series between the regional and main championship when this happened. Instead of moving on to the main championship, despite choosing it, the "invalid" championship placed me in the other regional series - the one I hadn't run yet. If anything, I took it as a happy accident because it allowed me to do both regionals before moving on to the main series. And yea, completed the "invalid" series without issue, so you should be fine on that front.

Nevertheless, I still wasn't happy that it had occurred at all and have since stopped using the dummy workaround as a precaution that it could lead to "bad things", which in turn has stopped me from playing career mode. Patch can't get here soon enough, although if the career save issue isn't fixed, pCars2 is gonna be shelved for a while as career is where I spend the vast majority of my time.

Edit: Hot Damn!! Paaaaaattttchchchchchch!!!!!!!

That's good to know, thanks. Just a UI issue rather than anything critical then.

Du007
14-10-2017, 12:46
Hi!

after install patch 2.0 i lost my career, there is a solution about this? or needs wait a new patch?

moeder_theresa
14-10-2017, 14:19
I hope that is not true. :-(

Zeem
14-10-2017, 14:20

Today's patch fixed this issue for me, allowing my driver to reselect a championship and get things working as normal.

Edit: Just switched drivers and the game immediately crashed. Reloaded the game to find my main career gone. -facedesk-

LukeC1991
14-10-2017, 17:55
Turns out this hasn’t been fixed in the patch then. Annoying is an understatement :/

moeder_theresa
14-10-2017, 17:57
Then its bye bye PC2 and no more PC3 for me. :-(

cxMilk
14-10-2017, 18:13
Turns out this hasnít been fixed in the patch then. Annoying is an understatement :/
Ian Bell just addressed this on the last page.

Maybe not exactly the news we were all hoping for, however, great to hear an official statement on it and that at the very least something will be put in place next patch to hopefully prevent it from occurring going forward.

Considering it's hard to reproduce and even us consumers have yet to piece together a pattern, I can imagine this one's tough to track down.

Zeem
14-10-2017, 20:46
It does leave me divided about whether or not I want to take on the career until the next patch lands. I certainly won't be using the 'workaround' anymore since doing so was actually what caused the career wipe in my case.

I can live without career though, since the Quick Race is so highly customisable I can brew up whatever race I feel like whenever anyway. Mostly just interested in Career for the achievements.

ermo
14-10-2017, 20:52

Hiding in a cupboard?

... right, I'll just show myself out now.

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 21:32
Yeah he's ugly :biggrin-new:

Ixoye56
14-10-2017, 23:53
If the game crash, I always delete my save file on on console (only) before I restart the game, It's probably the same bug as in PC1.

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 00:13
I'm afraid you're right, it's an specific Xbox problem, if the game crashes during career you have to delete the game file on your console before you restart the game, otherwise you are doomed....

Actually the vast majority of crashes/freezes I’ve had on invitationals and factory events only one resulted in a career loss. My other two were starting the game the next day and voila career gone.

So in my 57houra Of career play only one career loss to freeze crash to dashboard
If I were to guess how many crashes I had I would say it’s been about 10-15 (not good- prior to patch and I don’t know if patch has fixed or not) but not good chances on losing career- I think the “work around” doesn’t work it’s just that 90% of the time you wouldn’t lose the save anyway. Just my opinion based on playing career a LOT

I have lost three careers. (Prior to patch)
It’s not factory events (though that leads to a lot of freezes exiting races events lost one career)

It’s not invitationals which lead to a LOT of crashes. I think I had 8 on my way to the popular achievement which is 10 in one career it was terrible but I never lost career on any of those crash to dashboards

It’s not tier. Lost it on 2nd tier one, then tier 4 after zero to hero and 3 teir one events, and lastly on tier 4 only 3rd championship

It’s not time played. 30hrs, 20, 7

I’m thinking my accolades? But I didn’t track how many I had. I was at 25 on the 7 hour and more then likely close to that amount on the others which were more championships.
But it could all be coincendence.

It’s not because of preview only one crash synced to same day as update for that

I’m going to keep track of accolades through the next and see if the crashes got better with the patch, guess we’ll find out in days to come

Ixoye56
15-10-2017, 00:18
Actually the vast majority of crashes/freezes I’ve had on invitationals and factory events only one resulted in a career loss. My other two were starting the game the next day and voila career gone.

So in my 57houra Of career play only one career loss to freeze crash to dashboard
If I were to guess how many crashes I had I would say it’s been about 10-15 (not good- prior to patch and I don’t know if patch has fixed or not) but not good chances on losing career- I think the “work around” doesn’t work it’s just that 90% of the time you wouldn’t lose the save anyway. Just my opinion based on playing career a LOT

Seems that it is worse than in PC1 then, I will wait a couple of patches before i dare to start any career.

Zeem
15-10-2017, 07:01
If the game crash, I always delete my save file on on console (only) before I restart the game, It's probably the same bug as in PC1.

Wish I had thought of that, makes a lot of sense. Even if the local save is broken you should be able to retrieve a working one from the cloud.

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 12:09
Seems that it is worse than in PC1 then, I will wait a couple of patches before i dare to start any career.
It was only happening for me on invitationals and factory drives. I haven’t done enough post patch to say it’s fixed. I’ve done Chevrolet completely ( 4 events) no freeze on exit so far

I don’t think I had a single freeze crash on a championship.

Factory events cars acted differently though. Caddilac was a bit more loose then I rember - lost the rear and spun 3 times in 5 laps and Other three times I did it I loved the car no issues (default set up no edit or save)
Proving ground I tried stable and it also was different and not ingood way to the C7R zo6 previous 3 times
C7R event had wildly breaking orange/red tires overheating - I don’t play with damage so I was able to keep driving but it was a bit more of handful and the INDY car in the event was also much looser on default. I’ve played them 4 times. It’s jot my imagination on default all thes cars are not the same prior to patch I’m. Not sure if if changing set up allieviates that or not yet.

dreampage
15-10-2017, 15:31
Today my game froze and crashed to the dashboard after exiting a private test, so it can happen outside of career, too. I still deleted my game save from the console just in case. My career remained intact.

dawg
23-10-2017, 18:45
It happens first time to me. Yesterday i turned off console during practice session in GT3 at Barcelona. Spent over 20 hours of concentration and stress playing full hour races. Today i launch game and its all gone.
PC2 is awesome game, so much pleasure to race, but developers has to do something with this progress bug. Maybe tool that makes backups on another server. Or some option to unlock invitational events.

Sankyo
23-10-2017, 19:16
It happens first time to me. Yesterday i turned off console during practice session in GT3 at Barcelona. Spent over 20 hours of concentration and stress playing full hour races. Today i launch game and its all gone.
PC2 is awesome game, so much pleasure to race, but developers has to do something with this progress bug. Maybe tool that makes backups on another server. Or some option to unlock invitational events.
The next patch will have countermeasures to try and prevent this from happening.

E.Hak
24-10-2017, 10:23
Create a dummy career for when you quit the game.
Before you quit, load your dummy career which you have done absolutely nothing in... then close the game.
Every time you load the game it will be with the dummy career which you never use.
Load your real career and go racing.
I advice that you 'NEVER' quit a race weekend while you have your real career loaded (barring the game freezing).
Never quit the game without returning to the main menu, load your dummy career, then quit the game.
If the game does freeze and you decide you are done for the day, you must reload the game just so you can load the dummy career before quitting.
Always make sure your dummy career is loaded when you go online and just in general when you are not playing in career.
I am 129 races into my current career, the only thing I have done different is load the dummy career before I quit or go online.
Good luck :D