PDA

View Full Version : Loosing focus using triple screen with fourth display

BeG-PCARS
23-09-2017, 15:48
Hi,

I am quite happy with the triple screen support, but I am experiencing an issue with switching between the PCars2 on triplescreen and configuration/communication software running on another display. Any time using anything on the fourth display PCars2 looses focus and I can not return to it anymore. Only way is to switching back to Pcars2 via taskmanager which is a bit annoying and unpractical..

Any ideas of how to make this work?

F1_Racer68
23-09-2017, 17:08
Hi,

I am quite happy with the triple screen support, but I am experiencing an issue with switching between the PCars2 on triplescreen and configuration/communication software running on another display. Any time using anything on the fourth display PCars2 looses focus and I can not return to it anymore. Only way is to switching back to Pcars2 via taskmanager which is a bit annoying and unpractical..

Any ideas of how to make this work?

Have you tried running pCARS2 in borderless windowed mode rahter than full screen?

BeG-PCARS
24-09-2017, 00:35
I tried that it it doesn't help or make things even worse. I can not get rid of the window border, then it might be a performance issue and focus problem still remains the same - or actually even worse as using the fourth display renders PCARS2 to display on ONE of the three triple screens without any possibility ot get them back on all three.. So window mode sadly is not a solution..

BeG-PCARS
24-09-2017, 01:19
I tried that it it doesn't help or make things even worse. I can not get rid of the window border, then it might be a performance issue and focus problem still remains the same - or actually even worse as using the fourth display renders PCARS2 to display on ONE of the three triple screens without any possibility ot get them back on all three.. So window mode sadly is not a solution..

F1_Racer68
24-09-2017, 01:29
I wasn't sure if it would work or not. Seems to have worked for some, not for others.

I am in the same situation as you with the 4 monitors, running in full screen mode, but I am not encoutnering the kinds of issues you are.

Sorry I can't be of more help.... :(

RomKnight
24-09-2017, 01:37
What HW do you have?

Can you hookup the 4th monitor to the iGPU? separating that 4th monitor might work. Fingers crossed :)

FuzzyFassbender
24-09-2017, 03:06
I wasn't sure if it would work or not. Seems to have worked for some, not for others.

I am in the same situation as you with the 4 monitors, running in full screen mode, but I am not encoutnering the kinds of issues you are.

Sorry I can't be of more help.... :(
Are you able to use your 4th monitor at the same time as triples in PC2? I have an UltraWide at 3440x1440 (normally the main) and 3 at 1920x1080, all connected to my GTX 1070. To race, I set the middle screen of my triple setup to "main" but if my UltraWide is powered on triple screens don't work in PC2. I couldn't even configure my triple setup in PC2 unless I disconnected or powered off my UltraWide.
For my other sims, I always ran my triples in surround but still could use my 4th screen at the same time.

F1_Racer68
24-09-2017, 04:36
I'm still running my triples in surround as several other sims that I race don't support the triple screen mode without being in surround (I'm looking at you iRacing.....:rolleyes:).

Here's a picture of my setup just to help with getting the bearings.

pCARS2 runs on the triples (obviously) and I then run Z1 Dashboard, TeamSpeak client, strategy sheet for league races, etc on the upper monitor as needed. Everything works perfectly. There have been times where I have had to use ALT+TAB to be able to get the mouse to "detach" from pCARS2 so I can access the upper screen, but no issues simply clicking back on the icon on task bar or using ALT+TAB again to bring it to the foreground. The better option I have found is to simply use SHIFT+TAB to bring up the steam overlay. Then I am able to move the mouse directly to the upper monitor and keep pCARS2 up on the triples. SLide back down to the lower triples, click on the "Return to Game" link on steam overlay et voila!!

Full specs are in my signature for comparison. Running all latest drivers and software versions. Fully updated Windows 10.

If there are any specific details you need, let me know I will be on the rig for the next 2 days as I took Monday off work as well.

FuzzyFassbender
24-09-2017, 05:04
I did get it to work now with my 4th monitor still connected, not sure why it didn't work initially. All I did was re-enabled surround then chose the surround resolution in PCARS2. It must have held my 3 monitor configuration from when they were setup without surround as I didn't have to go through that again. Much better, now I can keep surround enabled for everything PC2, rF2, R3E, AC, AMS, etc.. Thanks for the reply Racer68.

F1_Racer68
24-09-2017, 05:17
Glad to hear you got it working.

As much as I wish I could get rid of the surround mode, sadly the rest of the sims are way behind on that note. AC, iRacing etc. all still require it even if the do support proper triple screen alignments.

BeG-PCARS
30-09-2017, 17:42
one difference I notice is that you run win10? I am still on win 7 pro which works fine for everything else and therefore I won't change. But I don't see the task line, using alt-tab is trial an error as I run like 20 open programs and to hit pcars2 without seeing the list is tricky. I also don't use steam overlay, so that's also not a solution for me.

Since switching between my triples and the 4th screen works perfectly fine in Rfactor2, AC, iRacing and any other game so far I blame Pcars2.. : (