PDA

View Full Version : Triple screens - settings not saved

sherpa25
23-09-2017, 16:24
Settings are saved while in the game, but after exiting and restarting, settings previously entered are not saved. These include Center Distance, height of all 3 monitors. I have to re-enter the values at startup.

This is with NVidia Surround turned OFF, as I saw videos showing PC2 capable of managing 3 separate monitors. i’ll try turning ON surround again tom and test. Just thought of raising this issue sooner.

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 16:41
Thanks for mentioning it. It has been noted and does seemed to be currently tied to running without Surround enabled. You can help verify this by enabling Surround and see if that changes the behavior on your system.

sherpa25
23-09-2017, 16:47
Thanks for mentioning it. It has been noted and does seemed to be currently tied to running without Surround enabled. You can help verify this by enabling Surround and see if that changes the behavior on your system.

I see, thanks. Odd thing is I’ve actually always been using surround on my desktop, and just switched it off when I saw the videos showing the feature of PC2 managing separate monitors. I even asked in another thread prior to launch about the difference (bet surround On and Off), but no response. If it works well w/ surround ON, that would be fine with me as it was my normal desktop setup before. :) Will try turning it On tom.

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 16:53
Ideally, there shouldn't be any difference between the two. However, most people rarely run both ways so that's going to be a question is will be hard for a single person to answer. ;)

Rich_hard1
23-09-2017, 17:23
Will performance be affected if surround is off?

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 17:43
Will performance be affected if surround is off?

Performance shouldn't matter, but I'm not sure anyone has physically benchmarked both...

sherpa25
24-09-2017, 00:39
Update: Seems to save now after couple of tries. Will keep observing.