PDA

View Full Version : Differential Settings default setup and issues with setting driving assists

Psychomatrix
23-09-2017, 16:27
My comparison is assetto corsa and the racecars feel there much more challenging and believable. Lots of the GT3 cars are unbelievable easy to accelerate here in PC2. It feels like the cars been blocked on low rims. It's not possible to throw a car 180 degrees after a spin. 550 PS cars should even with slick tires not feeling. Again Assetto Corsa is the perfect way like it should be in my eyes. It have nothing to that I want to make donate in the outlap or drifting with racecars. At the moment the cars feeling restricted and to easy without any driving assists. I have no clue what I should do in diff menu. There be values I never heard from. All I want is that the cars accelerate more agile out of the corners. Even the LMP1 Audi surprised me that it that easy to accelerate without Assists.
A other thing is that the game didn't allow me to set driving assists like I want. Authentic is AWays low TCS,ABS and StC on. Even on vintage cars.
I tried in the main option menu and in the racetrack options. Everytime the same result. Some cars didn't allow me high abs. In the menu I can set but on track then is no abs at all. Even I set driving assists to full and high abs.
I be thankful for help with the diff setting so the racecars feel more lively like in Assetto Corsa.

rich1e I
23-09-2017, 19:02
Hi Psychomatrix, in my opinion AC's handling model is not so good. Sometimes you get that sudden loss of grip in the rear tyres which lets you spin out. That is not very realistic. AC has fantastic FFB, but the handling model is crap imo. It's actually not difficult to drive a GT3 car in RL. These cars are planted on the tarmac, you can drive the sh*** out of them without spinning out with no reason. If you drive over the limit in PC2 of course you'll spin out as well. I think you're just used to AC because you might've played it for months.
Diff settings are not easy indeed. I haven't touched them so far, but you need to read the descriptions to understand what's the effect of all the different options. I didn't like the default TCS setting as they were slowing down the cars too much. Just try to increase settings if TCS is too strong. The higher the number the weaker the TCS.

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 00:55
Thanks�� I will try some settings. It's definitely not that easy to set up.

Ian Bell
25-09-2017, 00:56
My comparison is assetto corsa and the racecars feel there much more challenging and believable. Lots of the GT3 cars are unbelievable easy to accelerate here in PC2. It feels like the cars been blocked on low rims. It's not possible to throw a car 180 degrees after a spin. 550 PS cars should even with slick tires not feeling. Again Assetto Corsa is the perfect way like it should be in my eyes. It have nothing to that I want to make donate in the outlap or drifting with racecars. At the moment the cars feeling restricted and to easy without any driving assists. I have no clue what I should do in diff menu. There be values I never heard from. All I want is that the cars accelerate more agile out of the corners. Even the LMP1 Audi surprised me that it that easy to accelerate without Assists.
A other thing is that the game didn't allow me to set driving assists like I want. Authentic is AWays low TCS,ABS and StC on. Even on vintage cars.
I tried in the main option menu and in the racetrack options. Everytime the same result. Some cars didn't allow me high abs. In the menu I can set but on track then is no abs at all. Even I set driving assists to full and high abs.
I be thankful for help with the diff setting so the racecars feel more lively like in Assetto Corsa.

We have no interest in replicating the feel of AC. We focus on replicating the feel of reality.