PDA

View Full Version : Cannot apply custom HUD and saving tunes

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 16:30
Has anyone else found it impossible to customize the hud? I feel like I'm missing something or it's a bug. I've customized it numerous times and click save and it's still the same when I resume.

Also saving tunes seems be be bugged or again I'm missing something. Despite naming the tune and locations, it's always replacing the titles with COTA or a completely different car make.

JasonSandwich
23-09-2017, 17:57
FYI, I see your platform is showing as PS4 but I can confirm that this seems to be an issue in XB1 as well.

redwinegulper
23-09-2017, 21:34
yes same here. i can save the map, lap time but cant save extended telemetry screen and others. also, i use metric units but when racing, units are imperial. cant believe this bug got through so far!!

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:13
Fixed the PS4 tag. I am on Xbox. Anyways yes it all seems very random, like the game just puts things where it wants and says, hey, that's good enough. There is so much information on the screens in the HUD customization and tuning areas that when things don't label properly or save correctly it's super frustrating. Hopefully resolved soon in a patch because otherwise I'm enjoying the game.

gtFOOTw
23-09-2017, 22:15
I'm on the XBOX and I can't figure out how HUD customization works, or if it does.

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:24
I'm on the XBOX and I can't figure out how HUD customization works, or if it does.

Unless we're all missing something I think it's broken. Mods is this a known issue?

Just Another Frog
23-09-2017, 22:29

Move your stuff around and when happy use the d-pad (not the analog stick) to scroll and select 'save'.. The custom hud does have a tendancy to reset and the central mirror (cockpit view / open wheel) mysteriously disappear every so often but it only takes a few secs to put them back

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:31
Move your stuff around and when happy use the d-pad (not the analog stick) to scroll and select 'save'.. The custom hud does have a tendancy to reset and the central mirror (cockpit view / open wheel) mysteriously disappear every so often but it only takes a few secs to put them back

I cannot get anything to save at all. It always defaults back to the same hud. I follow the whole process and hit save. It's such a simple thing. I'm shocked that basic functionality does not work.

Just Another Frog
23-09-2017, 22:37
I cannot get anything to save at all. It always defaults back to the same hud. I follow the whole process and hit save. It's such a simple thing. I'm shocked that basic functionality does not work.

Thats odd because mine works fine. The only thing i changed was the lap time stopwatch (set to minimal and placed towards bottom of screen) and moved that live timing thing from top centre to above the rev counter. Are you sure you're selecting save with the d-pad?