PDA

View Full Version : Car Setups

The_Senser
23-09-2017, 16:35
Hi all,

Having watched some of the reviews on YouTube I thought the game came with some default setups for each car described as "Loose" and "Stable". I am having real problems just being competitive. In PC1, I had the AI on about 60-65% depending on the track and I was competitive in most cars which I ran. In PC2 so far, I just don't seem to have to pace of the AI cars. I am running a Formula Rookie at Oulton Park Island for example, this was a track which I knew well in PC1 and could really rip around it in the Formula Rookie, however with the AI and 60% for ability and aggressiveness, I am 15 seconds off the pace. I have adjusted the gear ratios to give me some better acceleration and adjusted the tire pressures and camber a little based on similar settings for PC1 but I am nowhere near the AI. I even dropped the AI down to 40% but I am still over 9 seconds slower. I am all for practicing, etc. but I just don't know why I am that far off the pace, can anyone advise? I am using a setup similar to this http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/23163488.

Thanks

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 17:05
Setups from PCARS1 can't really be applied to the same cars in PCARS2. So much has changed regarding the tire and handling models that it's just not an apples to apples comparison anymore. That being said, I too am finding the AI to be much tougher when compared to the same setting in PCARS1.

The_Senser
23-09-2017, 18:27
Point taken, I was just so far off the pace that I thought I would try a PC1 Setup. What sort of AI setting were you using in PC1 and what are you using for PC2? At this rate I will have to drop the AI to about 10% to be competitive. Nothing I have tried thus far has had much of a positive affect.

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 19:02
I only started my Formula Rookie career, but in the first practice session I had default AI (60 I think), and IIRC I was somewhere around the middle of the time sheets. PCARS1, I used to run the same cars with somewhere around 80 AI, and it was a good challenge. I could win, but I had to stay sharp and not mess up.

I've tried one GT3 race so far at Dubai Autodrome GP in the Z4. PCARS1, 75 AI was perfect. Good battles, fighting for position, etc. Same car, same track, same conditions in PCARS2 (but with 60 AI), and I made up only a few positions over the course of the 15 minute race, and was a good 4 seconds or so per lap off the pace of the frontrunners.

I guess, ultimately, it's just a number so who really cares right? As long as you can find a number that gives you good competitive, fun racing. It's just humbling that my abilities seem to fall so far toward the low end of that number scale. :dispirited:

fuschs
23-09-2017, 19:49
Default setups should be good enough for short races. If you're 4+ seconds off it's not a setup problem

The_Senser
23-09-2017, 21:02
I only started my Formula Rookie career, but in the first practice session I had default AI (60 I think), and IIRC I was somewhere around the middle of the time sheets. PCARS1, I used to run the same cars with somewhere around 80 AI, and it was a good challenge. I could win, but I had to stay sharp and not mess up.

I've tried one GT3 race so far at Dubai Autodrome GP in the Z4. PCARS1, 75 AI was perfect. Good battles, fighting for position, etc. Same car, same track, same conditions in PCARS2 (but with 60 AI), and I made up only a few positions over the course of the 15 minute race, and was a good 4 seconds or so per lap off the pace of the frontrunners.

I guess, ultimately, it's just a number so who really cares right? As long as you can find a number that gives you good competitive, fun racing. It's just humbling that my abilities seem to fall so far toward the low end of that number scale. :dispirited:

I guess the AI is much faster in PC2 than it was in PC1. I've tried it again tonight and at 30% I was about 2 second faster than the AI on Oulton Park Island, so I think 35% AI will give me a competitive race as a starting point. Agreed its just a number and so long as I am having fun I don't care that much, it is as you say rather humbling when to know that I am so far down on the ability scale. :dispirited: So I am now in awe at anyone who can beat the AI at 60% or above!

Trippul G
23-09-2017, 21:46
^Well, keep in mind too that in PCARS1 the AI ability could vary greatly depending on car/track/conditions involved. Doing career, I would be racing AI of 90 in certain situations, but have to lower it to around 60 in others. I'm guessing PCARS2 is going to be similar in that regard. Though, it's also worth noting that the devs have stated that there are considerable amounts of AI fixes/changes incoming, so hopefully some of that disparity will disappear and we'll see some more consistent performance.