PDA

View Full Version : Magically disappearing setups?

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 17:51
I save setups and then poof!....next race they are magically gone.

What gives?

Sankyo
23-09-2017, 18:05
Are you sure? I've seen someone else reporting this too, but when he looked a bit further they were still there. I think it has to do with some default part of the filename always referring to the Dallara or something?
Or do you mean that the next race your car doesn't use the same set-up as the previous race?

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 18:18
Are you sure? I've seen someone else reporting this too, but when he looked a bit further they were still there. I think it has to do with some default part of the filename always referring to the Dallara or something?
Or do you mean that the next race your car doesn't use the same set-up as the previous race?

Well..alot of times i want to use a baseline setup and make adjustments for the specific track. So like i am racing at silverstone and i want to use the setup i used at snetterton as a starting point. I go to load the setup from snetterton and its not there.

Also..i save setups in private testing under specific tracks all the time and when i go to career at the same track they just arent there.

Ronald0505
23-09-2017, 18:25
Hmm sounds familiar when PC1 was released...

Mon Pavion
23-09-2017, 18:30
Hmm sounds familiar when PC1 was released...

Yeah.. same exact thing i experienced in pc1.

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:27
Loved the shouting about how we could save miltiple setups now. I'd love it even more if it actually worked.

F1Aussie
23-09-2017, 23:35
I have noticed some gearing settings changing from session to session all by themselves. In practice sometimes the top few gears all have the same ratio but then in qualifying they are fine.

azynkron
27-09-2017, 19:29

It returns to the default loose setup. Atleast in my case. Definitely confirmed bug.

1. Create new setup and save as My new setup
2. Drive a lap
3. [Esc] and end session
4. Edit setup

poof! New setup isn't there and it has loaded the default one.

And when I say not there, I really mean it. It's gone.

Mon Pavion
27-09-2017, 19:46
Setups not saving properly is now listed as a "Known Issue"

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52922-KNOWN-ISSUE-Save-setups-bug

Rockefelluh
28-09-2017, 02:18
Don't know how they missed this bug. I saw this within 20 minutes of starting the game, the second time I tried to save a setup.

Seriously, how did this get missed?

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:20
Don't know how they missed this bug. I saw this within 20 minutes of starting the game, the second time I tried to save a setup.

Seriously, how did this get missed?

Wasn't there on the latest stages of testing. I can assure you that. And to be honest, i does not happen to a 100% of the users. It is there. It was identified though, and probably SMS is waiting for Microsoft's clearance to post the patch

Rockefelluh
28-09-2017, 02:38
Wasn't there on the latest stages of testing. I can assure you that. And to be honest, i does not happen to a 100% of the users. It is there. It was identified though, and probably SMS is waiting for Microsoft's clearance to post the patch

I know it's not realistic to know what percentage was affected. But you have seen people on xbox who don't have this issue? Is it platform specific?

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:40
I know it's not realistic to know what percentage was affected. But you have seen people on xbox who don't have this issue? Is it platform specific?

Seems to. There are other setups issues in PC that have been identified and fixed but not like this. There are plenty PLENTY of new fixes incoming.

VonSchwerin
28-09-2017, 08:42
I have the same problem when i go to setup and change 1 thing , done, save, save over existing slot. Start and drive and when i end the session. Restart the session and go back to look at the setup its not the one that i saved, its the older version?
Its like it starts again -Before- the setup save. that means its not possible to change one thing at the time, try it out and then try next change? Or am i doing something wrong here?