PDA

View Full Version : Enable Virtual Mirror by default

Andrew_WOT
23-09-2017, 18:09
How can it be enabled by default.
Jumping to HUD customization and back to make it show up before every race is quite tiring.
In settings HUD is set to Full.

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 20:08
I don't believe there is a way currently.

whitestar
24-09-2017, 12:54
Do you think they will fix this? And maybe give us a hotkey for turning it on and off in-game? Thanks :)

EDIT: The possibility to assign it to a button I mean.

coloracer
25-09-2017, 02:11
Jumping into the HUD setting at the start of every race is annoying. But what's more annoying is the fact that if you change the HUD setting, for instance to see telemetry, and go back to your regular HUD view the mirror is now gone again. You have to pause the game and go back to the HUD.

Not sure pausing the game will work very well in Multiplayer/Online races. :)

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:13
SMS is aware of this as far as I know.

MAARTEN
25-09-2017, 17:25
I'm amazed that this is the same in Pcars 2. It should be no problem to have this assigned to a button show/hide virtual mirror. Please add this in a future update of Pcars 2 SMS :)

Rich_hard1
25-09-2017, 17:43
When you edit and assign what hud elements you require in each game type, it will remember them for next time.

Andrew_WOT
25-09-2017, 18:09
When you edit and assign what hud elements you require in each game type, it will remember them for next time.

Except for mirror, you have to enter HUD settings before race, and exit w/o changing anything for mirror to show up.

isniedood
25-09-2017, 18:18
Everyone should have a virtual mirror by default. Would make online racing much safer. Sometimes realism is not always better for fun.

coloracer
25-09-2017, 19:18
Everyone should have a virtual mirror by default. Would make online racing much safer. Sometimes realism is not always better for fun.

Yep, I think so too. With my FOV in most cars I can't even see the regular car mirrors. So the virtual mirror is a must for me. One could argue that if you're in VR you could then use the regular car mirrors. However, I think even though many people have VR, or are getting VR like me, most of us don't so having the virtual mirror is a key feature.

Topsie
25-09-2017, 19:21
When editing your HUD, select Light. Then do your amendments, add what your want and it should be fine then after save.

Krobo
25-09-2017, 20:37
When editing your HUD, select Light. Then do your amendments, add what your want and it should be fine then after save.

Thanks this seems to be working so far ! I was able to have it in CPpt view ..cycled threw the other huds on track & when I went back the mirror was still there in cpt ! before it would not show up again after cycling threw the other huds ..
So set it in LIGHT HUD is the trick !

Andrew_WOT
25-09-2017, 22:25
Great suggestion, I was actually thinking about trying this before.
You can also just set Light HUD as your preferred HUD in Gameplay settings so you don't have to cycle every time. Thanks for the tip.

coloracer
26-09-2017, 03:23

Selecting Light did the trick. Thank you.