PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster 458 wheel deadzone problem

Shon
23-09-2017, 18:19
Hello,
I own a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia steering wheel (without Force Feedback, not the TX version), and im having an issue on Project CARS 1. The game detects my wheel as a gamepad that creates big deadzone in the center of the wheel (around 20 degress to each side). The game is unplayable and after hours of looking for information online I cant find an answer, so I stopped playing the game.

Im not asking for support in this late stage of the game, but I do want to know If I will have the same problem with Project CARS 2, because It will be pointless to purchase if I cant play it with my wheel.

If I approach the wrong place please let me know, my older post was deleted.

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, i5 3470, 8gb ram, HD7870 2GB
Anti-Virus ESET Smart Security 9

Best Regards,
Shon.

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 18:42
The wheel is not supported in PC1 or PC2.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-compatibility-list.html?lang=en

Shon
24-09-2017, 16:21
I understand that, though you can easily find many threats around the forums of people complaining about it. I and many others have spent a lot of money on those wheels and we cant play them. I also understand that there are a lot of complex coding issues interfereing with supporting this wheel. Though I think its worth thte investment in terms of sales. Why is that so difficult to just at least suggest the development team to support to wheel?

konnos
24-09-2017, 16:23
Could he use Jack's custom file and set his deadzone in there?

Shon
24-09-2017, 16:24
How do I do that

Shon
24-09-2017, 16:24
Could he use Jack's custom file and set his deadzone in there?

How do I do that

konnos
24-09-2017, 16:30
Hm now that I think about no. You are having input deadzone and not ffb deadzone, sorry.

Mahjik
24-09-2017, 16:37
Why is that so difficult to just at least suggest the development team to support to wheel?

It's more likely because Thrustmaster doesn't offer anything other than gamepad drivers for their device on the PC. If Thrustmaster move it into support with their API like their PC dedicated wheels, this wouldn't be an issue.

I don't know how you would do this, but what might help is to have Windows get tricked somehow that it's one of the other Thrustmaster wheels. If there is someway for that to happen, it would likely work just like the supported wheels in PC2.