PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] No Pit Crew

JeckLM
23-09-2017, 18:40
No matter what motorsport decipline I race in, Indycar, GT3, LMP1, etc. My pit crew isn't actually there, still repairs my car and everything, but no physical pit crew shows up.

Ronald0505
23-09-2017, 18:45
Be sure to have that option enabled at the options menu

Ronald0505
23-09-2017, 18:50
Be sure to have that option enabled at the options menu

Ignore that post of mine, I thought there was a option to disable it, but it was de "cinematic" option. So you found another bug, this is getting worse and worse...

JeckLM
23-09-2017, 19:01
Ignore that post of mine, I thought there was a option to disable it, but it was de "cinematic" option. So you found another bug, this is getting worse and worse...

Yea Ive had that option both on and off, only time I ever got a crew was with a Ford GTE at Long Beach

AbeWoz
23-09-2017, 19:15
under 'Performance' make sure "Pit Crew Detail" is set to ALL or Full

Nint
23-09-2017, 19:22
under 'Performance' make sure "Pit Crew Detail" is set to ALL or Full

Unless I'm blind, there's no such option on Xbox, sadly.
I'm having the same issue, OP. Only found the crew on one track, but I can't remember which one it was.
And before anyone asks, yes, I'm calling the crew from the Car Menu before I pit! :D

SALAMINIZER
23-09-2017, 20:13
Can't believe I paid for this unfinished game.
1. No pit crew
2. Driving line appears and disappears at will
3. Sound is incredibly low
4. AI difficulty "changes" with different cars
5. Qualifying is a joke
The list goes on and on. It seems over the last several years, games are released without very much testing before being released. Unfortunatley, we have to wait for a series of patches to come out to make this playable.

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 22:18
Have not seen a pit crew yet. Just like in p cars 1 only without the lollipop guy this time.

Lukeymonster
23-09-2017, 23:43
Have not seen a pit crew yet. Just like in p cars 1 only without the lollipop guy this time.

Actually to be fair I did see them once in a replay. I was going down the straight at Olton and they were setup waiting for someone.

Ixoye56
23-09-2017, 23:52
I have only driving some free practice, but everytime i call the pit to fill up fuel or change tires they have been there, I think you have to do a pit call for them to come out.

Plato99
24-09-2017, 10:13
They don't come out for the classic open wheelers. Lotus 49D at Monza (GP/Oval combined). Car pits and repairs but no pit crew.

Nint
24-09-2017, 11:43
I have only driving some free practice, but everytime i call the pit to fill up fuel or change tires they have been there, I think you have to do a pit call for them to come out.

I do call them, but the pits are just empty.
Could you try changing the tires with a Formula A car on Monaco on free pratice? That was the last time I pitted and saw no crew.
Just to have a 1:1 example! :)

Nint
24-09-2017, 15:29
I'm sorry to open another topic about this issue but I don't think I've seen this problem acknowledged yet.

On Xbox One there's no crew when I pit, not even the lollipop guy.
And yes, I'm using the Car Menu before I pit, and no, there's no option on the menu to make them appear, like the PC version.
I do know for a fact they are in the game, because I've seen them once, but can't remember which track it was.
So unless SMS decided to not include the crew in certain tracks or with certain car divisions, this is another bug to add to the list...

Bealdor
24-09-2017, 15:30
Threads merged.

jimortality
24-09-2017, 16:21
On pc I find that they come out to change tyres which looks great but then when I'm getting repairs, there's nothing happening, no timer no pit crew. Is it supposed to be like that? Cheers

pad242
24-09-2017, 16:49
The pit crews in my game (regular xbox one) sometimes show, other times just blank, and other times they appear but don't move at all. This is all in Gt3 class racing. So far I haven't seen any acknowledgement of this issue by SMS... Will post videos showing these mentioned issues...

Lukeymonster
24-09-2017, 17:21
To update my progress, I've setup multiple pit strategies last night to cover various needs. When I go into the car management menu and select the strategy I want, then call in for a stop they are there and perform the service as I requested. It's actually pretty awesome to see them do the correct work. I also like being able to make adjustments to the stop in the cars management menu once you get used to it.

Maybe it had something to do with the default strategy being selected. So if you're having trouble try setting up a custom pit strategy. Then select it from your management system in car or set it in from the pits. Then call for the stop and see if they are there. It's been working consistently for me all day.

Mon Pavion
24-09-2017, 18:33
Yeah i have to call them to get them to show up.

Otherwise i guess they are just sitting in the back eating ice cream.

Awong124
27-09-2017, 22:25
I have tried default strategy, custom strategy, calling them in advance, not calling them in advance, they do not show up for me in my Formula Rookie race. I've seen them show up before, but I can't seem to get any consistency. They haven't shown up for the last dozen times or so I've tried. It wouldn't really be a big deal if I actually knew where to stop, but I have pit stops set to manual, so I have no idea where to even stop. I guess I'll try setting pit stops to auto and see if they actually do the pit stop while invisible.

Stone Cold Stig
27-09-2017, 22:43
It has nothing to do with "calling them" or setting pit strategy. Ive been playing this game consistently since it came out and they always come out for the first couple of races after i boot up the ol xbox1. Then, usually after the 2nd or 3rd consecutive race they stop coming out. Ive even had races where AIs pit crew come out but mine dont. Its a bug and i hope they fix this with the upcoming patch.