PDA

View Full Version : No searchoptions for servers?

Bad_Dan
23-09-2017, 19:24
Am I blind or is there really no searchoption for servernames?
Have to refresh about 10times to find the desired server (and crashing almost every time, after finally found it and trie to connect). Would help a lot, if one could just type in the name of the server.
Couldn´t imagine, the serverbrowser would even be worse than in pC1.

Marc Wieneke
23-09-2017, 19:31
Try to use:

-searchds “SERVER NAME”: Searches for available dedicated server matching
SERVER NAME. If there are multiple servers matching that name (as substring) the
server with the best latency will be used. So for example ‘-searchds “test”’ would match
servers named “SMS test server” or “my testing server”.

See:

Bad_Dan
23-09-2017, 19:50
Doesn´t work. Showing servers that DON´T match my searchparams, but the server I´m looking for still not showing up. How can such an essential thing be broken AGAIN?
I´ll stick to the singleplayer til the next patch. Such a great game, and again the core multiplayermechanics are broken.

Bad_Dan
24-09-2017, 15:44
*bump*

Are there any plans to add a searchfield for servernames?

Shooter80
24-09-2017, 18:11
No offense Bad_Dan, but, it says you were a WMD member. Didnt anyone notice this prior to launch?

I get everyone else being surprised at the many missing/broken features, but surely somebody in WMD clicked on the server browser and noticed the lack of useful filters?

Bad_Dan
24-09-2017, 19:29
WMD not WMD2 ;)

And I am as much surprised, as you are.

honespc
24-09-2017, 20:13
The number of bugs in multiplayer is staggering, again.

Lots of hangs when loading next sessions; new setups not wanting to overwrite over existing ones; you change tyres and then you go track with the first you had and wanted to change, etc etc.

What a weekend beta bug testing, uh SMS?, did we serve you well, or we still need a couple of frustrating extra weekends before the MP begins to work as intended

m00lean
24-09-2017, 22:04
Filters. It's one of the major issues for me. There are almost no filter.

Here are some filters I was expecting to find:

- Track
- Lobby state (L, P, Q, R)
- Servername (being able to search for parts of the server name)
- Specific lobby settings (enabled driving aids, damage, fuel usage, tyre wear, etc.pp)

There are two more issues with the server browser, I'd like to mention here:

1. Sorting by amount of players sort alphabetically. it's 1, 11, 2, 21 instead of 1, 2, 11, 21.

2. Only 50 servers displayed. Without above filters, finding a specific server is like rolling a dice. A 1d9000.

Bad_Dan
25-09-2017, 17:22
That is the minimum, that should be in the filteroptions. Would be great to get this via patch.

satco1066
25-09-2017, 21:51
-searchDS is an option to connect to a named DS when creating a session with CREATE ONLINE EVENT in the main menu. NOT for the online browser.

If you directly click an empty DS in the Serverlist like in PC1 you cannot setup classes and other opponent settings.

more see here -> http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52032-Dedicated-server-how-to-enforce-certain-cars&p=1362006&viewfull=1#post1362006