PDA

View Full Version : g27 peddle issue yet again

jonnotheone
23-09-2017, 20:16
iv had this problem since release every time i join an online lobby it screws up my throttle and i loose half of the throttle.
it registers im pressing fully down but its lacking the power there. it only happens on pcars all other racing games its fine
and it continues in to single player after it happens

i have tried uninstalling pcars2 got rid of all wheel drivers and software and its still doing it i really cant play this game like this

as i said i have tried it on other racing sims and it all works perfectly fine with no issues...

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 20:26
1. Stop creating multiple posts!

2. Capture a video of the issue as we don't understand what specific problem you are having. Ideally, you have the telemetry screen on during the issue.

jonnotheone
23-09-2017, 21:54
ok here is my vid...if you watch when me and my mate accelerate for one brief second we are on par then all of a sudden its like someone has thrown a parachute out the rear of my car you can see im on the acc fully but the difference is noticeable this happens in every single online lobby and once it has happened in there it transfers to the whole game as i said it works fine on project cars1 forza f1 and many more

https://youtu.be/e64k6CjZTQM

Mahjik
23-09-2017, 21:59
Are both cars using the exact same setup?

jonnotheone
23-09-2017, 22:01
Are both cars using the exact same setup?

they are on default set ups

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 20:25
i thought this was fixed but it seems to have reared its ugly head again i have made another vid
we are all in identical cars with default setup locked if you watch the cars in front and the car behind in the mirror you will see that i have a issue with speed were i have none its like im dragging an anchor round with me i have put the telemetry up so you can see im using full throttle this seems to happen in lobby's with more than 16 people in watch from 5:35
https://youtu.be/RLYKMJBpGxM

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 20:31
Do you have a "Turbo Mode" that is enabled on your PC?

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 20:46
no its running stock

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 20:53
will it make a difference if i turn it on.????

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 21:20
No, you shouldn't need to enable it. However, the problem doesn't appear to be controller related. i.e. I don't think it has anything to do with your pedals.. It seems like more of a system issue.

Do you have any background apps running when playing PC2?

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 21:24
No, you shouldn't need to enable it. However, the problem doesn't appear to be controller related. i.e. I don't think it has anything to do with your pedals.. It seems like more of a system issue.

Do you have any background apps running when playing PC2?

i only have team speak running i always have it running and until i went in to a lobby with over 16 people it has been working absolutely fine in lobby's with less than 16.. it only happens when iv been in a lobby with more than 16 players after it happens it continues through to single player and lobbys with less players...

EDIT...
it works absolutely fine in single player i even have the AI turned up to full and i can beat them easy... its almost like my sync is out as people really pull away really quick...

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 21:34
Upload a list of tasks running. You can do this by opening a command prompt and using the following command:

tasklist /V > ProcessList.txt

It should dump the list into ProcessList.txt which you can attach to this thread.

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 21:38
Upload a list of tasks running. You can do this by opening a command prompt and using the following command:

tasklist /V > ProcessList.txt

It should dump the list into ProcessList.txt which you can attach to this thread.

stupid question were do i find the txt file..

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 21:40
It will be in the same directory from where you execute the command.

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 21:51
It will be in the same directory from where you execute the command.

im sorry i cant find it

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 21:58
Have you got windows power options set to High Performance?

And an observation.. in the 488, stop hanging on till the rev limiter kicks in, the power is fairly flat until all the rev leds are orange, then the power just drops off.. you can basically keep the car making 500hp all the way through the gears by changing up just after the final rev led comes on.. (certainly won't help you to stay near another car when you are 60 hp down due to the way you hang onto the gears..)

jonnotheone
26-09-2017, 22:08
Have you got windows power options set to High Performance?

And an observation.. in the 488, stop hanging on till the rev limiter kicks in, the power is fairly flat until all the rev leds are orange, then the power just drops off.. you can basically keep the car making 500hp all the way through the gears by changing up just after the final rev led comes on.. (certainly won't help you to stay near another car when you are 60 hp down due to the way you hang onto the gears..)

power options are on balanced.... i dont allways hit the limiter as you can see on the second vid

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 22:58
power options are on balanced.... i dont allways hit the limiter as you can see on the second vid

Try high performance and see if that helps at all

jonnotheone
28-09-2017, 11:40
i tried high performance still got the issue... the only thing i have left that i can think of is im having sync issue when there is more than 15 people in a lobby. as i said less than 16 the lobby works perfect and i'm able to race to the full once 17 18 or 19 people join that is were my issue is starting.. i have tried lobby's with 2 4 10 12 15 people and all worked fine the second i get 17 18 19 20 odd people in bang it happens.. my CPU is not bottle necking and my GPU is capable of running this game. i monitored the CPU throughout 5 different lobby's with 10 14 18 and 24 people in and my usage barely got above 55% at any time i am really at a loss on this one and its making my online experience a dull one i'm hoping a patch will possibly bring a fix to something..

jonnotheone
28-09-2017, 23:34
Ok slight update to this.... Since patch release today i have tried 3 public lobbys with 18+ people and so far. Everything is working.. However the patch has somehow reset all my wheel and ffb settings. I put them back to how they were but now the ffb feels really strong i shall however have a play around with that... But fingers crossed what ever was in that patch has fixed my issue....i hope so...

jonnotheone
29-09-2017, 20:45
ok well my hopes were short lived it now seems its back again and this time its happening in lobby's with less people in now..i have no enthusiasm to play this game atm its no fun and i'm really disappointed. i really have no idea of what else i can try...

jonnotheone
01-10-2017, 18:14
here is a side by side comparison of my issue...

https://youtu.be/ffBI1XygAk4
i have tried uninstalling the game and fresh install
iv turned off every background app i can
my amd turbo mode is turned off
set graphics to low (just incase)
turned power options to performence

im getting really annoyed as i really cant join any online lobby,s with more than 15 people in it and im in a affiliated league so far iv not been able to race at all..

jonnotheone
01-10-2017, 21:24
another update..... it seems i am not the only one who is having this issue my friend from way across the water is having the exact identical issue....

SVTC0bra
01-10-2017, 22:09
For how hard you stabbed the brakes in your video (/watch?v=RLYKMJBpGxM&t=444s) it doesn't look like you slowed down all that much... Also the engine doesn't sound like it's under load until your telemetry show ~80% input. Telemetry does show 100% input (based upon the throw/range set during calibration), but maybe the software isn't responding in kind (i.e. not 1:1)

Any chance you are using non-linear settings for pedals? e.g. Throttle/Brake Sensitivity = 0?
If yes, you could expect pedal response like this (Quantity = hardware input, Price = software output):
Link blocked: marketsaurus [dot] com/images/content/SupplyCurve.png

In the example image (showing linear curve below 50), you would have to be at ~80% input on the pedal before you saw even 50% software output/throttle/engine load.

If you are below 50 sensitivity, try going back to default (50). Granted I use different pedals (T3PA), try these settings:

Brake Dead = 0 // Sens = 47
Throttle Dead = 0 // Sens = 53

Maybe devs need a telemetry visual for throttle input vs actual engine load (similar for brake/lock-up as well)? Perhaps a visual representation for linearity settings and deadzone in the settings menu would be good as well (The Crew did a halfway decent job with that)

jonnotheone
01-10-2017, 22:51
The issue is it only happens in lobbys with more than 15 people.. This has to be a sync issue im having but how to fix it is beyond me..

SVTC0bra
02-10-2017, 00:37
The issue is it only happens in lobbys with more than 15 people.. This has to be a sync issue im having but how to fix it is beyond me..

Maybe we need another feature added to the list of "debug telemetry" which displays netcode stats as well...

Not to hijack, but speaking of change requests & bugs - where should I submit any others I may have? A few on my mind:
-Some UI labels/descriptions are nondescript
1. F/R & L/R for brakes/weight balance non-descript in tuning setup - unless it is implied that Left Arrow = Front/Left and Right Arrow = Rear/Right (nothing says this)
2a. +/- Brake Balance hotkey OSD descriptor has no F/R indicator and instead uses x/100
2b. Increase Bias returns decreasing numbers 60,59,58,57,56,55 -- as in increasing bias towards rear? PCars1 would see Increase 60,61,62,63,64,65
2c. Expected action is backwards from PCars1? (e.g. Increasing brake bias should go towards front)
2d. Replace OSD *Action* x/100 Brake Bias (no need for increase/decrease as numbers + vehicle direction is enough 49% Rear Brake Bias, Brake Bias - 50% Even, 51% Front Brake Bias)
- Browse Online
1. Sort by player count ordered strangely (sorts by 1st number, then second/breaks with double digits? e.g. 1/7, 10/12, 15/28, 2/15, 25/26, 3/20, 31/32, 4/11)
2. Add filter option for Racing License On/Off + Hide 'Doesn't Meet Minimum', Damage, Password, Min/Max Slider for Lobby Size
3. Multi-Checkbox filter for lobby status (L,P,Q,R)
- New UI is nice but miss being able to see min/max range on Vehicle Tuning

Hope your problem gets resolved soon

jonnotheone
02-10-2017, 08:26
Well last night my friend told me he is having the same issue i am having and he has a g27... So prehaps its something to do with the software for g27s..

t0daY
02-10-2017, 23:03
Here is an extreme example what jonnotheone is experiencing. Both sides of the video are at the same speed, both sides of the video were literally full throttle. Already forwarded it to the devs (thaaaanks Elmo :*), but I can't really explain what happens here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ai_PGkaUQ

MISTER WU
03-10-2017, 03:50
Here is an extreme example what jonnotheone is experiencing. Both sides of the video are at the same speed, both sides of the video were literally full throttle. Already forwarded it to the devs (thaaaanks Elmo :*), but I can't really explain what happens here.

MMMMMMmm i have a G27 as well but i have been feeling like im not getting 100% throttle in pcars2.
Might have to do some testing but some times coming out of corners and full throttle (Nearly braking my pedal) trying to get away but its almost like the throttle is fluttering between 90-95%.

Last time i had this happen was dirty contacts on the pedal actuator but this one i have now is fairly new.

jonnotheone
05-10-2017, 19:00
this issue is still very much with me.. the game is absolutely unplayable in multiplayer. i am really lost with what else i can do i am really pi$$ed.....

jonnotheone
08-10-2017, 23:11
Ok iv not been on to update this as yet.. However i believe and in using this with hope in my heart i velive i have a fix for this issue i have tried it in various lobbys rangingnform 16 to 25 and so far so good i am yet to test it in a full lobby and that will be the real test.. I was messing about with the launch options and stumbled upon a possible fix for this.. I will ofcourse continue to test this out untill i am completely happy it is a fix. Once i am satisfied i shall share my results with all and anyone who is having this kind of issue..

jonnotheone
12-10-2017, 20:10
well i seem to have kind of fixed this with a few launch options....

these....
-pthreads 4 -skipcrowds -sse2 -dx9 -novr -fpscap 70
its working at the moment...

pakhooooo
13-10-2017, 12:01

Oh i have got the exactly the same issue with G27!! However guys on forum told me that my CPU is not good enough so yea... I guess your CPU is not good enough too :D

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54475-MP-bug