PDA

View Full Version : does fanaleds work on pc2?

cobayas
23-09-2017, 20:16
Hi everyone, I'm trying to make fanaleds (version 2.4m) work on pc 2, but I can not, what should I do to make it work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

zappadoc
24-09-2017, 14:42
Hi,
just so you know Project CARS 2 is fully managed by SLIMax Manager Pro and it is 100% free for using it with your Fanatec hardware. ;)

Hope this helps
Cheers,
z

M4MKey
24-09-2017, 15:25
Hmmm, don't know what is this software zappadoc. I would also be interested in only the brake pedal vibration for my CSP. Could this do the trick ?

ELAhrairah
24-09-2017, 18:40
Hi,
just so you know Project CARS 2 is fully managed by SLIMax Manager Pro and it is 100% free for using it with your Fanatec hardware. ;)

Hope this helps
Cheers,
z

Hey I have a fanatec formula wheel connected to an accuforce wheelbase. Fanaleds stopped working. Do you think
slimax pro can make it work?

F1_Racer68
25-09-2017, 00:13
Check here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52117-fanaleds-not-working-on-pc-2

Neither Fanaleds nor sliMAX are working at the moment. Suspect an issue with the Shared Memory outputs.

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 03:53
Neither Fanaleds nor sliMAX are working at the moment. Suspect an issue with the Shared Memory outputs.

Are you kidding!!? :)

Project CARS 2 full support has been added to SLIMax Mgr Pro March 25, 2017! and it works with ALL Fanatec hardware including CSP.

Hey I have a fanatec formula wheel connected to an accuforce wheelbase.

Teensy-LC mod with Fanatec rim works perfectly. We use it here with a Simucube DD configuration and it is recognized by Windows as a CSW. ;)

to configure P.CARS 2 game Settings:

- turn ON telemetry
go to SYSTEM > Use Shared Memory > choose Project CARS 2 (see the screenshot below)
UDP is not needed for SLIMax Manager Pro and you can turn it OFF

- and if you have a Fanatec wheel you have to disable RPM/Gear feedback in OPTIONS > CONTROLS > CONFIGURATION

Check the Project CARS 2 plugins page and the getting started with Fanatec hardware for more info
Cheers,
z

https://youtu.be/nAAdacCkfSA

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 03:56

Project CARS 2 full support has been added to SLIMax Mgr Pro March 25, 2017!

Teensy-LC mod with Fanatec rim works perfectly. We use it here with a Simucube DD configuration and it is recognized by Windows as a CSW. ;)

- turn ON telemetry
go to SYSTEM > Use Shared Memory > choose Project CARS 2 (see the screenshot below)

- and if you have a Fanatec wheel you have to disable RPM/Gear feedback in OPTIONS > CONTROLS > CONFIGURATION

Check the Project CARS 2 plugins page and the getting started with Fanatec hardware for more info
Cheers,
z

Yup, it works. I remember it broke momentarily when the PCARS2AVX.exe was introduced but I think it this EXE was added later on. Correct?

. I love SLIMAX :) Sadly my SRW-S1 broke so I'm not using it since a few weeks ago.

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 04:14
Yup, it works. I remember it broke momentarily when the PCARS2AVX.exe was introduced but I think it this EXE was added later on. Correct?

. I love SLIMAX :) Sadly my SRW-S1 broke so I'm not using it since a few weeks ago.

too bad. if you replace your SRW-S1 contact me and I will generate a new license for free.
Cheers,
z

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 04:17
too bad. if you replace your SRW-S1 contact me and I will generate a new license for free.
Cheers,
z

Thanks ,that's so kind :) I've actually completely forgot that license was attached to the actual wheel ... Good thing you've mentioned it!

I'm still looking onto what I'll be doing, but probably I'll replace it. We'll see

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 04:17

yep, just Check For Update to get the latest plugins (including AVX) and activate it with the Plugins Manager and that's it!

;)

F1_Racer68
25-09-2017, 05:26
delete

Yoann.bill
25-09-2017, 10:12
Hi

Slimax works at 100% with P cars 2 just actived 4 plugings (of slimax ) and shared memory in game

No problem with all parts of fanatec.

Very good soft with excellent support and great dev !

M4MKey
25-09-2017, 10:40
Well, for SLIMax to work , I need a display device. And the Emulator thing is asking me for a 5$ licence. So not a good solution at the moment :/ Hoping for Fanaleds to work at some point.

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 10:50
Well, for SLIMax to work , I need a display device. And the Emulator thing is asking me for a 5$ licence. So not a good solution at the moment :/ Hoping for Fanaleds to work at some point.

No you don't need a display, it is 100% FREE with your ALL your FANATEC HARDWARE as written in the getting started section. The EMU is not related to Fanatec hardware.
Cheers,
z

EDIT: okay you mean you use only a CSP pedals set? so yes in this case if you don't have any Fanatec base wheel or don't have a Fanatec Mod rim or a display connected or don't use the VDASH-EMU or don't use the FREE SIM Race Emu then you can't use SLIMax and if fact you don't really need it... ;)

direct link to free EMU: http://www.eksimracing.com/sliemu-sli-pro-emulator-for-android/2/

M4MKey
25-09-2017, 12:52
Free EMU would be enough ?

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 13:50
Free EMU would be enough ?

yep but as I said this is not really what you looking for but yes, just lauch the old gen EMU which is 100% free and that's it! ;)

ELAhrairah
25-09-2017, 18:39

Thats my problem. Windows just sees "Formula rim" and when I go to the sli manager and test the leds do not work. I have no idea how to get it to work .

zappadoc
25-09-2017, 20:01
Thats my problem. Windows just sees "Formula rim" and when I go to the sli manager and test the leds do not work. I have no idea how to get it to work .

well no idea sorry...hum...try to install the Fanatec Driver v292 and you will see. it should work without it but who knows... ;)

Pteradon
25-09-2017, 20:58
I've just got the Leo Bodnar’s SLI-PRO display and it was working like a charm in Pcars.
Sadly FanaLEDS doesn't work with Pcars2, therefore no working SLI-PRO display either.

The Fanaleds developer is informed about it and is trying to solve it.

Tepp
28-09-2017, 13:48
Hi, just so you know Project CARS 2 is fully managed by SLIMax Manager Pro and it is 100% free for using it with your Fanatec hardware. ;)

Since PC2 is now supporting the rev lights natively, I don't need it anymore. Still using for AC.
Fanaleds doesn't work with my wheel, even if support is declared.

F1_Racer68
28-09-2017, 16:22
So it appears that at the moment Fanaleds DOES NOT support pCARS2. I suspect that the late change in names of the Executable files for pCARS2 were not known when 2.4m was released. When I run the app it does not recognize that the game is even running.

I had originally also though that SLIMax Manager Pro wasn't working either, however I have been shown the error of my ways and can confirm that with the PROPER plugins installed it DOES work with pCARS2 (thanks zappadoc for your posts). Therefore the Shared Memory is working (contrary to what I may have posted earlier).

finagle69
11-10-2017, 16:23

Project CARS 2 full support has been added to SLIMax Mgr Pro March 25, 2017! and it works with ALL Fanatec hardware including CSP.

- turn ON telemetry

Cheers,
z

https://youtu.be/nAAdacCkfSA

Hi,

I have a Fanatec F1 rim, and soon to be BMW rim, modded with the solderless Bodnar boards. SLI Manager Pro does not recognize the F1 wheel and activate, just force closes. I'm assuming it'll be the same with the BMW rim once i get that modded. In Windows Game Controllers, the F1 rim shows up as "Formula Rim" using the Bodnar board FYI.

zappadoc
13-10-2017, 06:09
Hi,

I have a Fanatec F1 rim, and soon to be BMW rim, modded with the solderless Bodnar boards. SLI Manager Pro does not recognize the F1 wheel and activate, just force closes. I'm assuming it'll be the same with the BMW rim once i get that modded. In Windows Game Controllers, the F1 rim shows up as "Formula Rim" using the Bodnar board FYI.

Hi,
I suggest to install the Fanatec Driver and see what's going on and obviously go for the Teensy LC mod on BMW rim which works perfectly, we use this last combo everyday.
Cheers,
z

finagle69
13-10-2017, 16:48
Hi,
I suggest to install the Fanatec Driver and see what's going on and obviously go for the Teensy LC mod on BMW rim which works perfectly, we use this last combo everyday.
Cheers,
z

Suggesting I change out my Bodnar conversion boards for the Teensy isn't exactly the best product support. I suppose I'll just wait for Fanaleds to update.

If you would like to properly add support for the Bodnar boards, let me know and I'll help any way I can.

Edit: I have the Fanatec driver already installed, as I have their SQ1.5 and handbrake as well.

couffi
10-11-2017, 07:14
Any news of Fanaleds working on PC2 ?

Sankyo
10-11-2017, 07:20
Any news of Fanaleds working on PC2 ?

Whom are you asking? It's up to the FanaLEDs makers to add support. Judging from their site the latest update was in July, so way before pC2 release. If it doesn't work with Shared Memory enabled in pC2 (does that have a pC1 mode or was that only for the API, can't remember?), then it still needs a new update of FanaLEDs.

zappadoc
14-11-2017, 06:58
Suggesting I change out my Bodnar conversion boards for the Teensy isn't exactly the best product support. I suppose I'll just wait for Fanaleds to update.

If you would like to properly add support for the Bodnar boards, let me know and I'll help any way I can.

Edit: I have the Fanatec driver already installed, as I have their SQ1.5 and handbrake as well.

Just so you know, Sim Racing Machines have a well packaged/manufactured Fanatec Conversion Kit for your OSW based on the Teensy LC and FULLY supported by SLIMax Manager Pro and as such fully supported by Project CARS 2.
Cheers,
z

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/wheel-conversions

ELAhrairah
20-11-2017, 19:48
Just so you know, Sim Racing Machines have a well packaged/manufactured Fanatec Conversion Kit for your OSW based on the Teensy LC and FULLY supported by SLIMax Manager Pro and as such fully supported by Project CARS 2.
Cheers,
z

https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/wheel-conversions

When will slimax add accuforce wheelbase compatibility? I have a bodnar converted f1 fanatec rim on a accuforce wheelbase but it does not work. It is recognized but does not work.

satco1066
20-11-2017, 20:30
shouldn't you ask Bodnar then ?

finagle69
21-11-2017, 18:03
shouldn't you ask Bodnar then ?

It's Bodnar's responsibility to have his hardware work with someone else's software? The Bodnar conversion works perfectly with any game I map it to. Just SLIMax does not support it is all. They seem to only support the TeensyLC modded rims. That is fine, but I already own 2 Bodnar modded rims. I'm not about to go buy more modding chips/adapters when the devs _could_ just support the Bodnar board.

satco1066
21-11-2017, 21:44
nope, youre wrong. There is a default interface by most games to give data to 3rd party. In case of pCARS2, it's shared memory and udp.
Game developers don't code for 3rd party , they just give them the interface and api.

ELAhrairah
21-11-2017, 22:43
nope, youre wrong. There is a default interface by most games to give data to 3rd party. In case of pCARS2, it's shared memory and udp.
Game developers don't code for 3rd party , they just give them the interface and api.

We mean slimax, not pcars2.

satco1066
21-11-2017, 23:15
sure. SLIMAX is a 3rd party company. Like all 3rd party developers here (Mr.Belwski, C.Jorgens, StryderIT,etc) adapting their software to the API of pCARS.
So if you want to develop such a product, you have to adapt to the API of the game, regardless if it is AC, Codemasters Games, Raceroom or others. That companies deliver just APIs.

zappadoc
22-11-2017, 13:05
Interesting discussion guys! ;)

Bodnar never give the specs (API) of its Fanatec Mod to EKSIMRacing so we can't guess it, sorry and this is why SLIMax Mgr Pro do not support it (but it seems that the very first version was fully compatible with Fanatec SDK, not sure). The Teensy LC is cheap and open, its API can be found easily on PJRC manufacturer and a great mod has been done to be recognized as a PURE FANATEC hardware which is fully supported by the Fanatec SDK which is fully supported by SLIMax Manager Pro. ;)

Cheers,
z

ELAhrairah
22-11-2017, 17:08
Interesting discussion guys! ;)

Bodnar never give the specs (API) of its Fanatec Mod to EKSIMRacing so we can't guess it, sorry and this is why SLIMax Mgr Pro do not support it (but it seems that the very first version was fully compatible with Fanatec SDK, not sure). The Teensy LC is cheap and open, its API can be found easily on PJRC manufacturer and a great mod has been done to be recognized as a PURE FANATEC hardware which is fully supported by the Fanatec SDK which is fully supported by SLIMax Manager Pro. ;)

Cheers,
z

Any chance slimax eksimracing can contact Bodnar and lay this forward to them? It is beneficial to both parties I suppose.

zappadoc
22-11-2017, 17:34
Any chance slimax eksimracing can contact Bodnar and lay this forward to them? It is beneficial to both parties I suppose.

Read again my previous post this has been already done and we are still waiting for a reply so we are not going to beg him... SLIMax Mgr Pro supports more than 60 game or simulations and all manufacturers like Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec and SteelSeries have given to us their SDK to support their hardware (we also support SLI-PRO, SLI-M, SLI-F1 and all SIM Display hardware and obviously all HID Compliant devices like DSD buttonbox) so if Bodnar do not want to add its Fanatec Mod to our manager...well this is his problem.
Cheers,
z

EDIT: so to be perfectly clear as soon as I receive the info I will be pleased to add the support of the Bodnar Fanatec Rim Mod (which is a completely new device and not compatible with Fanatec SDK) to the SLIMax Mgr Pro. ;)

ELAhrairah
24-11-2017, 12:31
Read again my previous post this has been already done and we are still waiting for a reply so we are not going to beg him... SLIMax Mgr Pro supports more than 60 game or simulations and all manufacturers like Logitech, Thrustmaster, Fanatec and SteelSeries have given to us their SDK to support their hardware (we also support SLI-PRO, SLI-M, SLI-F1 and all SIM Display hardware and obviously all HID Compliant devices like DSD buttonbox) so if Bodnar do not want to add its Fanatec Mod to our manager...well this is his problem.
Cheers,
z

EDIT: so to be perfectly clear as soon as I receive the info I will be pleased to add the support of the Bodnar Fanatec Rim Mod (which is a completely new device and not compatible with Fanatec SDK) to the SLIMax Mgr Pro. ;)

I contacted Leo Bodnar. He replied, thanked me and said he is going to contact you guys.

TonyVargas
10-12-2017, 10:41
Can someone explain to me what is the procedure for the vibration effect on the brake pedal? In pCars1 it works perfectly with fanaleds but in pCars2 the effect does not work ��

satco1066
10-12-2017, 17:54
read this thread.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58465-Fanatec-pedals-v3i-Usb-PCars-2-no-rumble-atm

somebody wrote a tool called SIMHUB did it for him.

Reiche
21-12-2017, 12:35
Fanaleds 2.4u is released

We're nearing the end of 2017 and we wanted bring out a new version of Fanaleds before the end of the year. With Fanaleds 2.4u there are a few new games supported. You can now use Fanaleds together with F1 2017, Project Cars 2, DiRT4, and the 64-bit version of RaceRoom Experience. Also the error some people got regarding outdated plugins should now be fixed. We have also added support to the SimPrecision GP2 screen. For a full changelog check out the downloads page.